All Comments on 'I Kept My Promise'

by GatorRick

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
mrolemrolealmost 8 years ago
Fiction, allows literary license

Anon- Timelines get compressed, people are much more, or less perfect. The important thing is the message, this is a little corney, but still a great story. This authors theme is always consistent, I appreciate his efforts.

Thanks to GatorRick

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
TRUE LOVE DOES CONQUER ALL

and then IT awaits for the next chapters to occur, TK U MLJ LV NV

DragonlightoneDragonlightonealmost 8 years ago
Small world

A heart warming story for the true romantics among us. A bit off topic: Tower, just off Newberry, actually SW 75th Street? As a Brit Abroad I lived there and hope to return permanently next year. It's always good to read a story where you can relate to the location. Suspend your belief and you could be watching a good movie!

FowlRichFowlRichalmost 8 years ago
Greeeaaaaat.

Awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Thanks Gator. LERies

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
do not understand

first let me start by saying Christmas Cookies is my all time favorite story. and your other stories are great and part one and two made for great reading. what I do not understand is the need for this chapter yes it was good writing and everything but to me it added nothing and answered no unanswered questions from the first two parts. please keep writing for many times I look for you to see if there is something new.

former Naval Aircrewman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
thanks rick

great story like all the rest of your writing

mrChristianmrChristianalmost 8 years ago
thanks.

you my friend officially did it. you made this grown man cry,well done, excellent writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
wow

wow, just, wow.

Very emotional.

I love your feel good stories.

Please keep writing.

gldngolfergldngolferalmost 8 years ago
Very nice

This was a very nice way to end their story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Really appreciated

Rick, I really appreciate your stories in Romance. Thank you. I hope this one inspires other authors to write stories that fit the category. I am getting really frustrated with some other authors publishing to Romance category, stories with themes, without remorse, of cheating, swinging and worse. Thank you for keeping true to the category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What a terrific story

Please keep up the great writing.

Looking forward to your next great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A 5 year old?

I stopped reading after mommy casually told her children about bad men who broke into a school and shot everyone who resisted. I hope to god you don't have children cause that is not an ok thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
THIS IS TOPSHELF FICTION

WOW! This is a Wonderful story loved the story! The ending was a little bit out there? Though all in all it is better than reading Mills and Boone! HA HA, LOVE YOUR STORIES RICK! Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %. Bye.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Repetitive AF

Sure, just copy and paste the whole first page and change all the first person words to "your daddy". The beginning of all the Promise stories are very weak. Also, I agree with the comment about the Emily telling her kids about "Allahu Ackbar" being totally innapropriate for seven year olds. I get it, this is fiction, but that's never going to be believable.

Sorry, but the criticisms just keep rolling in. There was very little suspense in your military action romance story, and what little was present was resolved within a couple paragraphs. You can't just say "he miraculously survived the EMT shock" then jump to "two months later he was at 100%". Such a wasted opportunity. No character development except for a minimmal change in Emily after a lame "I realized I was selfish".

At least one good thing came out of this story: strong syntax.

Only 3* for me.

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Really appreciate your story

I only wish you had it numbered pt.1, pt 2, pt 3. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WOW WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY OF TRUE LOVE!

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! It's Perfect!

You have to admit that it's better than the love yarns my wife reads!

Love you all! GREG OH That's""ME"" SEE YA!

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Very sentimental

and schmaltzy.

If the new life details were added to the end of Ch. 02 as a prologue it wouldn't have been so repetitive.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Very nice and sentimental

A very good romance story, sweet and sentimental. There was no need for sexual scenes to describe a beautiful romance.

Very good work.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story

Very lovely story. True love in life and beyond.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done

This one had me in tears. I hope you write more, I've enjoyed all of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This story and the previous one are outstanding. Thank you. I would really like you to expand more about the time he was hit with the EMP and the kids going to college.

Take care.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Oh man

Beautiful, need tissue. 10

Rancher46Rancher46almost 4 years ago
Heartwarming Love Story

All I can say is that this story was warm and loving with a sad but happily ever after ending. The series gets 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dang you Rick

There must be something wrong in this room, my eyes are watering.

Gram1Gram1almost 3 years ago

I’m speechless. Such a beautiful story. This old retired Sailor is unashamedly weeping. Thanks to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I, too, stopped reading after the main character told her very young children about their mother being kidnapped & punched by terrorists. Then she continued by telling them how their father was shot. That was inappropriate and could cause the children psychological trauma. It ruined an otherwise good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Again, I enjoyed the series. Was a very heart warming love story. But, alas, i have the same critique. It is a series... 3 parts... we were told to read them in order. As a result i feel that the whole recap of the first story was totally unnecessary. I have never written a story. But it felt like the author put it in to make the stort longer. Totally not needed.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Lovely conclusion!

5

IbeSteveIbeSteveover 1 year ago

Loved it, but it made my eyes tear up at the end. Thank you for the story

1948Boomer84911948Boomer8491about 1 year ago
Superb Trilogy

5 + 5 + 5 for the trilogy! Tearful ending. Thank you for a wonderful tale.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

good, Hallmark movie worthy. BUT, when Emily wrote a letter and left the hospital only to be escorted back due to Rick's recovery you never said what was in the letter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It’s one of the saddest stories I’ve ever read great story thanks

woodrangewoodrangeabout 2 months ago

Think this is one of your best.5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous