All Comments on 'I Knew Better'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartover 5 years ago
You did

And it was called A Sexy Little Bitch 😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Clever, but typical JPB

Unfinished. At least as far as I'm concerned. Yes. I can think of a couple of ways this story ends. They smile, they kiss and they live happily ever after. In that case I would have liked the story to have lasted thru their sex life taking off and their Mothers planning their marriage. Maybe end the story as they leave for their honeymoon. Going the other way? "Get out of the car Francine. I don't believe you, I don't think you've changed, I don't think you have any intention of screwing any man before your wedding and I don't have the patience to play all your games". End of story. Now this was well written, as usual. And I gave it a solid 3 stars. But I simply don't like to fill in the blanks to get a reasonable ending to ANY story. Since you manage to write ALL types of stories, maybe you can try to write a story for the upcoming event that has a good ending. Or maybe not. Keep them coming. I like to complain.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Bob is back. Yay!!!

Sweet little story, my friend. Write another for next week, please. Thanks, Randi.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Back

JPB is back with a winner. Great story, and I hope they did live happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Read it before! 1* for reposting.

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeover 5 years ago
I remembered reading it, too.

And while the ending is fine the way it is (adding wedding plans and a honeymoon would toss it into "Romance", Anonymous), somehow I see the characteristics of one of Bob's cheating wives, one who will use the excuse of any behavior she doesn't like to screw with a guy's head, constantly playing tit for tat. Not one of his typical, highly-sexed cheating slut wives, but rather a less than completely mentally healthy one, who would cheat for payback, power, control in the relationship, even if he didn't know she was doing it. She already admitted that he had pissed her off, so she had to piss him off in return. Which would make this little drama merely back story to a larger one in which she cheats on him. In which case the title would signify the reality that he should have known from the way she treated him when they were dating what kind of marriage they would end up having.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well it was new to me!

And I liked it! So what if it's short? And it doesn't have to end with an encyclopedia of what happened next. Use your imagination!

R.

naxos65naxos65over 5 years ago
WELL DONE !

Your a good writer Bob , and this story just proved it . Well written and novel , a really good read . Keep it up , my friend ............

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Nice

Great tale Bob. An amateur psychologist's dream. Do they

stay together? Why not? In fiction, anything is possible. Yeah.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 5 years ago
5

Good again ...... story of assumptions steering folks wrong.

BobinalongBobinalongover 5 years ago
Have read it before

Yep have read this one before, but it’s still a good story but not your best by far. I would really like to know what happened to Pauline French after she leaves with her parents, unless I have missed that in one of your other stories,

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago

Sounds like immature people who are doomed for failure in a longterm relationship unless they both get some substantial individual and couples therapy.. Neither communicates worth a shit, they each get so sidetracked about protecting their own ego that they feel better by hurting the other one before hypothetical hurt can come their own way, and each avoids conflict resolution for days or weeks after making their strike. Also, on-again, off-again abusive relationship for years on end and "revenge fucks" against ex boyfriends who are afraid of her abuser...she needs serious therapy cause she sounds conditioned, which means that down the line she will be exceedingly vulnerable to men like that again and men like that tend to make up a substantial portion of the kind of scumfuck asshats who chase married women.

slm59slm59over 5 years ago
I have read this one before

I don't remember the name, but this one is somewhere in your catalog of stories. Still, I enjoyed it again. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Games

They should wait 5 or so years and grow up. They play too many games.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 5 years ago
yawn

Not much of interest here, storywise. High school macho man bests bully, puts bitch in place. She, weak female, swoons of course. He's as controlling and domineering as the asshole she couldn't quite dump. She was such an asshole she just wanted to find some there asshole to beat the bf up for her. To both of them, violence signifies love, and so it will go until the inevitable ugly ( and violent) divorce.

Two shallow people living empty pointless lives, now locked in a doomed relationship they'll both come to hate. Have a nice day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
viewpoint switch

Liked the story. Would have preferred a "real" ending but not left that hanging by this one. Did not care at all for switch to third person view for last two sentences.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
Very nice

Two decent kids dancing around misperceptions and bad assumptions to finally connect. Good for them. Deftly rendered birth of a relationship. Thanks. *****

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 5 years ago
No way in helll

Could this couple live happily ever after, unless they learn to communicate with each other openly and honestly. So far for them, this is a pipe dream.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
BBeinhart nailed it

"A Sexy Little Bitch", in the Romance section.

Which makes way more sense, since this isn't at all a LW story.

For some reason, though, I was quiet a bit harsher with the original post then I am with this one - 'seems like it was during the period I couldn't stomach JPB's tendency to sometimes been a cuck apologist, even though that wasn't at all part of the narrative here...

'Don't really understand it, but, in any case, 'guess I have to upgrade my rating here. ★★★★

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

I enjoyed it this time and when you posted it previously, but I think it ends prematurely.

Was she good in bed and worth all the effort? Did she stop playing all her childish mind games? What happened to Norm? Did she stay faithful and did they get married and have kids etc... A brief epilogue to tie up the loose ends would have been nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Did they live happily ever after?

Not without a lot of growing up and serious talking. I’ve seen real couples just like these characters and watched them self destruct. Too much of whatever you want to call it, pride, ego, self centered, immature... It just doesn’t last without serious communication and commitment.

So no, I don’t think they would have made it.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Happily ever after.

Enjoyable reading.

carvohicarvohiover 5 years ago
Hey!

If I read this before I can't remember. I know I certainly enjoyed it; just two nice kids, a little confused maybe, but nice just the same. Was it finished? I thought so.

A Just Plain Bob, a Hallmark? No, more like a trip to MacDonald's, you know what you're getting, and you know you'll like it before you start.

Thanks, you're like comfort food. A five of course.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pauline French

Deserves her own story. Would love to see if she could wind up with a happy ending and stay true. Also how many times did that poor girls parents make her move?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why?

Why is this in LW? Nobody is married. Nobody is having sex outside their relationship. Hell, nobody even had sex.

The worst thing is this is not even original. Why would you try to cheat your audience by renaming a story and reposting it in a different group as if it were new?

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 5 years ago
I get the feeling

this is autobiographical, but only guessing of course! Maybe this is a microcosm of what so many of the other stories are based on. His ability to write short succinct passages with so much going on is admirable.

Something of a formula, I do have to say: the geeky guy with a small amount of confidence suddenly finds himself in the sights of one of the community's glamourpussies and is at the same time thrilled to bits and overwhelmed at the consequences of stepping out of status group. Is the glamourpuss there for real or just playing, just getting back at her number one friend who is forever in the background ready to reclaim her? In a sense this is the opposite of the cuckold story where the geek unexpectedly finds himself in a quasi-bull situation, used and then discarded -- except we don't know. Bear in mind that it was the long-term boyfriend that got the worst of the fight. How would he have described the beating up? "This thug beat me up and took my girlfriend" -- maybe.

And Pauline -- his real first love?

Always intriguing as to what is behind this story line. Always plenty of insight and character as well as believable dialogue.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"I knew if I broke up with Fran he would think it was his t[h]reat that made me do it." - How could he think that when he got his ass kicked?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Decent little story but

I can’t figure out why this story is in a category about wife sharing and swinging?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good to have you back

Keep writing

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
We might have read it, or another version, before?

So what? It's a Just Plain Bob story and that's good enough reason to re-read it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mmm, what to make of it?

Does it go anywhere? Yes, no, maybe? I'm not going to speak to what it wasn't but what it was and that was a mood piece, great character study of two people not yey done being mixed up kids.

I enjoyed it.

Job done, JPB

4*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Decent little story but..."

Please note the "& more" in the description.

robinhodrobinhodover 5 years ago
I'd just like to say

Welcome back JPB, we don't get much from you these days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Robbed

Tremendous kudos for your record guy, but if I'd known there was no wife, loving or otherwise in it. No cheating, swinging, cuckolding etc, you wouldn't have wasted my time reading it.

Post in the right category next time please.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
not bad

id be wary in real life, but I like how he gave her a taste of her own medicine and didn't take any of her shit. when he made her look like an ass in public that might have put manners on her and gave her a kick to grow up and be a person instead of a narcissistic twat. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I don’t think they’ll make it for long

To quote Fran “You pissed me off so, I have to piss you off back.” Tit for tat is not the basis for a strong, long lasting relationship. They’ll quarrel, things will escalate and the next thing you know they’re trying to make each other jealous. At least, that’s Fran’s MO.

Nope, he really should know better.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Happily Ever After

I doubt it. Good story though. Thanks.

Storm113Storm113over 5 years ago
Yes, you already posted it.

Still a good story. 5*. I don't remember the title, but I remember the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
3 Stars

Thinking I read it before, but 3 stars. Not bad, but if there was actually a wife in there somewhere and not just dating college kids it might have earn 4 stars.

Found Fran a particularly dim-whit character. So the other 5 dudes cut and run because of Norm. Says a couple of things:

1) Neither her charms nor their principles were sufficient to make her worth the hassle;

2) She is not bright enough to see going back to Norm doesn't "teach" guys that don't think she is worth the hassle anything at all. She only jerking herself and Norm around. Simple enough to just to go on to the next guy and not go back to a "real man" like Norm. Only reason she didn't try it this time was our hero already kicked Norm's ass.

Actually, a woman trying to rub a fella's nose in a pile like Fran's seems to like to do, simply confirms the notion you should toss that fish back in the sea.

Greyheaded1Greyheaded1over 5 years ago
Welcome back JPB - well written

Your story set up so many possible future LW plots in the “theatre of your reader’s minds”. I am ok with that. I don’t care that the story is not a typical LW or actually a LW in anyway.

Just glad to have a JPB story. Please submit more. Could be next chapter of “I Knew Better “ or a totally new story in any Literotica category.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Yeah!

Why not!..They lived Happily ever after until You Write the Sequel.....I really.. truly liked the story!......Well Done JPB....5 Stars★★★★★WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
If they make it it will entirely be blind luck, . . .

because they are too immature and stupid to have an adult relationship. Maybe they grow up, maybe they grow together, most likely not. Neither one has had a relationship they are willing to commit to and embarrass themselves to save. Neither one has had the growth and maturing that true heartbreak causes.

This could be the beginning of a compelling drawn out complex romance, but that would take a lot of time, and a lot of dedication to the story. Writers with ADD need not apply.

Thanks for the quickie. Hope it was good for you.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
I say

Wrong category, even though you are most welcome known for LW tales this is a romance or first time type story. Still decent though, 4 stars.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Sweet

Nice romance story, but because it was in LW I fully expected moving ten years into the future and find Bob's wife Fran regularly seeing Norm every few weeks throughout their marriage. Not disappointed by the story, but the ending was a pleasant surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No

I say in answer to the question at the end of the story-no, they don't live happily ever after.

Fran's behaviour both in and out of her relationship with Norm is bad enough. The date, dirty dancing and smirking which made it appear it was just to get back at Bob indicates nothing had changed. She is what she is. Being sexy isn't enough to make up for it.

I think he's an idiot for taking her back under those circumstances and didn't like the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
👎👎👎👎

YAWN! Submit this under romance....

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 5 years ago
"Then humor me. Give me what I missed."

This one line is enough for any sane man to walk away, thanking his stars. Doesn't she know what she missed? Her kissing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No

Too hard headed to be happily ever after. It's all about who's right and who's wrong. Maybe they have feelings for each other, but their pride is the only one truly showing.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 5 years ago
Good to hear from you again

Nice little story

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
sbrooks103x

Ain't it funny how some of these folks get butt hurt if a posted story doesn't have the loving wife cheating, swapping, or cucking her husband. None of those say loving wife to me.

harryj67harryj67over 5 years ago
Loved it again!

Yep, I have read this before, but it is such a great story, that even though I knew the ending I kept reading.. Great story, even though I enjoy reading about a beautiful innocent wife turning into a slutty nympho! These kind of stories are great without having the guy turned into a wimpy sissy.

JetskibumJetskibumover 5 years ago
Of course it’s finished

I know exactly what is to come. The title, the head games, the manipulative actions, including Dick, who she enlisted to slim Jim the car door.

This is definitely a Loving Wife story.

FieryPhoenix2012FieryPhoenix2012over 5 years ago
Yeah they won’t last...

But, it could be a fun ride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I kind of remember reading it before.

But Pauline gets around so much it is hard to remember.

A search for "Pauline francine norm" confirmed it.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fun

Another fun short saga about life as a young boy/girl.

Keep writing JPB, almost always enjoyable.

T.T..

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
not bad not bad at all

they wouldnt last in the long run though. shes got some issues and he might date her bang her but thats it shes got high maintenance written all over her. 4 stars for not being the usual she cheats yadda yadda he takes her back. refreshing change of pace, authors take note no moronic hubbies, slutty wives with middle age crazy issues and no worms who let wife fuck around. What a concept!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Needed an ending - BADLY!

Just that. It needed an ending. None of that "It was left up to your imagination." What would have happened if Clark Gable just smiled at Vivien Lee and the movie ended. Without a proper ending it would have been just another over budget also-ran movie that would have been forgotten.

PLEASE authors... finish your freaking stories. Leaving what happened after the last sentence up to the imagination of the reader is just a cheap cop-out for untalented authors who either lose interest in their story or have no idea how to end it.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Not happily ever after

While she was holding out on him she was doing the football team, the basketball team, the girls soccer team, and half the employees at the local mcdonalds. She has 4 stds going and has contracted hiv. Liked it. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Just another partial story, where Bob shows his complete inability to finish a story, it's the lowest form of laziness just to expect the reader to mentally finish it for him.

Quite frankly it's the kind of dross that should just be left on the hard-drive rather than uploaded (and it's far from the only one), if you can't be bothered to finish it.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Four in a row

That's four really good, for.me, JPB stories in a row. I'm on a lucky streak and I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Happy

Happy ever after,doubt it they are too hot headed for it to work.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 5 years ago
Unusual but good

That’s a unique storyline, and well written. Nice job highlighting the idiocy of acting without asking questions, or listening to explanations. I mean, he could have avoided a lot by simply asking Fran why the pattern existed. Could even have asked about it before his planned breakup.

DWornockDWornockalmost 5 years ago
A bit forfetched

But interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yes...

...they'll make it just fine. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

SamsungdfpSamsungdfpover 4 years ago
here's what really happens

they put all their bullshit behind them, get married in a no fault state without a pre-nup agreement and have children. years down the line he pisses her off royally enough where she finds a lover, fucks him in their bed. so he goes and collects the kids and takes them home and make them run into their bedroom. Fran and kids were too stunned at eachother that didn't even notice that Bob pointed his gun first at the daughter putting in behind her head and also putting one in behind the sons head and before he put the third one into himself, his last words were. I love you Francine and lights out for Bob

THE END

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
LEOPARDS

Leopards don't change their spots! She'll be back fucking Norm or a Norm clone before he knows it!

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

One of the good Bob stories. No real ending, but it's good.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to write some weird stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She’s got.....

......a lot of growing up to do and check her air pressure.

By her own admission she was not to bright and being a creature of habit, her repeated history does not put her into the best light. Then there’s the fighting over her, again based on history by her own words, not worth it; if your into stupidity, sore knuckles, pain and headache feel free; ME and few of the smart ones “NEXT”.

So until she gain a some IQ and grows up, until those conditions are met, not a chance in Hell. They say love is blind, not stupid !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Only untill the first time she gets pissed at him... for no legitimate reason

Then it ends with a walkabout for him and where the hell is he and will he ever return for her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
the truth is

SHE TOOK HER dirty dancin to bed because she was really pissed now.... He better run and doit fast....

bill

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I think I know those people, or I knew them in school. No, they are far too immature to make it.

robnilrobnilalmost 3 years ago

you did post this story. the title is "a sexy little bitch". same story just a different title.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

A lot of juvenile behavior and very little plot. OK for short story I guess but not much in either case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Indeed, this is a repeat of "A sexy little bitch". Interestingly, they have different scores, 4.13 for this, and 4.21 for "A sexy little bitch".

Still a fun little story, though, Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I say it was fun. Simple and straightforward. No convoluted plots, no layers of hidden meaning. Closer to hs, maybe, than college, but enjoyable. Thank you.

LWlurker

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 2 years ago

Nope. They will have an interesting relationship but “interesting” as in, “May you live in interesting times.” Two seriously insecure people who have to find disaster staring them in the face in order to have a talk to clear the air? Whose first reaction is to retaliate when the other hurts their feelings? That is one kind of “natural.” It leads to “excitement” and divorce—another kind of excitement…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it. That little statement proves itself to be true time and time again. So, no, I don't think they lived happily ever after. But then I'm a cynic.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Happily ever after? Maybe a 25% chance. Her cheating on him with Norm after 5 years of marriage, same odds. Too many people get married thinking it will fix issues and leave old feelings behind. The way the 2 MCs discussed their feelings showed their emotional immaturity.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Deepender, you say 5 because of the brand. What does that say about your judgement?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9060 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS