I Knew Better

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dick Moore had a slim-jim and he got me in," is what she told me when I asked.

"Why? Why are you here?"

"To give you what you seem to want: a chance to explain. Did you have to embarrass me to get it? I had to stand there and listen to all the, "Way to go dude," "That's telling her," and "You the man," that was going on as you walked out the door. Everyone was looking at me like I was some kind of freak. Why didn't you just ask me to sit down and let you have your say?"

"And just how was I supposed to do that? You hung up on me when I called and you ran every time you saw me coming your way."

"You could have found a way without embarrassing me."

"You have no one but yourself to blame for that. The kiss you gave the guy along with the smirks pushed me over the edge. Your fault, Francine. Totally on you."

"I can't undo it so let's just get to the reason I'm here."

"No need now. Your actions killed any desire I had for explaining. I just don't give a shit anymore."

"Then humor me. Give me what I missed."

I looked at her and then decided to just do it; get it over with and put it all behind me.

"I had feelings for you, Francine; I had strong feelings for you, but you were going to hurt me. You had a track record, Francine, and you know it. You would break up with Norm, date another guy for four or five weeks and then dump him and go back to Norm. Five or six times, and I wasn't supposed to see a pattern there? We were on our fifth week, so I knew it was coming. I just decided that it would salve my ego if I did the dumping instead of you, and don't give me any of the, 'You should have known me better than that,' bullshit because your past history is against you. You seemed happy and content with all the guys you dated, right up till the day you dumped them, so why would I expect any less from you? Again, Francine; it was all based on your past history, your established track record. Okay, you've heard my piece. You can get out now."

"Don't want to. Tell me more about those strong feelings you had for me."

"Why?"

"Weren't you listening when I explained my relationship with Norm to you? I seem to recall telling you what my plans were for you that night. True, they did get derailed, but I don't see much of a problem in getting them back up on the track."

I just sat there and listened to her and she finally said, "Say something, Bob."

"I'm having trouble getting my head around it. Fun dates, make out sessions and then fuck you, Bob, avoid me for weeks and now all of a sudden it is sweetness and light?"

"Get off of it, Bob. You had to expect me to get pissed off when you told me you were dropping me and why. And yes, I know it pissed you off when I wouldn't talk to you, but that's just the way us humans are. You piss me off so I have to get back at you by pissing you off. The big thing here is that you heard my side and I've heard your side.

"The bottom line is I have strong feelings for you, and you said you had strong feelings for me. If you had strong feelings for me a week ago they haven't had time enough to die. So what's it to be, Bob? Do I get out of the car or do we go back to the way things were before the night you were going to dump me?"

I took one long look at her and then smiled. I pushed the key into the slot and started the car. I turned to Francine and said:

"Where to?"

Did they live happily ever after? I think they did.

What say you?

12