All Comments on 'I Shall Be Released'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments (Page 2)
parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

Excellent read, thanks.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 2 years ago

Great read! A good story to lighten up the day - any day with this story. A excellent writer with good characters, dialogue and storyline. Checks All boxes for entertainment!!! Definitely 5 stars!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As always, a great read from Q. I think that half of my favorites list are his tales, many read and reread. Thanks for another!

For the 'churchy hater', get over it! You are free to write your own stories, any way you like. 5 stars!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

overcritical seems well named, a comment full of NOTHING!

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

another story well told with strong characters. No Nitpicking Here

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good story but just too "perfect"

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 1 year ago

So warm and loving...More, please.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Very

Very good story.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 1 year ago

Hmmm

I personally do not care for the church bit, but recognize that many do. A nice enough story.

dawg997dawg997over 1 year ago

Great story and excellent character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. I enjoy reading your works. Thank you.

G

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

A great writer, who writes great stories, I have never given any I have read anything but 5*. This one no different, but it was slightly to perfect for me and I agree with others it should be in the romance section

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Eh, i disliked it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Where is the ‘adventurous wife?’ Abbie, I believe divorced Beau when he first got into prison, so it is not her. There was one woman in the group where they took Sweetie to her first ‘post-divorce’ outing and met Kyle. That woman made a comment about boffing a guy and one of the ladies suggested she would be boffing a different guy next weekend, but that never went anywhere in the tale. Good enough story, but Romance is the better category than Erotic Coupling. LW it ain’t!

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This lacks some of the deep connections as your 5 star tales. A good read. 4 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have to agree with Bill S. here. Not just the characters. The story lacked depth, and felt phoned in. Characters were flat / two dimensional. Results predictable. The whole story felt like a retread. Definitely not up to the standard of some other stories of yours that I have read. Unfortunately I can't find myself as charitable as he. Given your capacities, compared to your other stories this would be 2*. Middle of the road for this site. 3*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beau's parents were part of the problem. Bitch mothers like Juliette who coddle their freak offspring!! Suddenly they are important in the story!!

WTF with the last para.....what does showing their friend Kyle's proposal mean when she is complaining her bf did not love her!!!

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

No one on here writes romance like Q

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jeeze! Not even Ms. Butterworth could lay the syrup on this thick!

Loved it. Sniff, sniff..

Ok, again, 10 on the five scale. Bathroom and refill the popcorn before off to your next featured story…

Texican1830Texican183012 months ago

Yep. Makes me feel good every time!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades12 months ago

Enjoy your writing, thanks for your effort.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Excellent! Thank you!

oneofthegirlsoneofthegirls11 months ago

to the picture "of his wives." Seems kind of awkward for your date to notice.

KahunabobKahunabob11 months ago

5/5. Dude. I come here for the naughty stories. Not to be swept away, laughing and crying at the same time, hoping for the best in humanity again. Great story. And refreshing to read one of these loving wife stories from the woman's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The actual name of the song is the same as the name of the story…but I suppose you know that.

Very good story.

I still play I Shall Be Released at my solo gigs…never really thought about the meaning of the words. Dylan has so many songs with such deep and changing meaning I never bothered to think about this relatively simple one.

Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Skipped over most of the story. Don't care for religion whatsoever. No point to it. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another great story. Absolutely hate violence towards innocents especially children. Glad she was able to find the courage to walk away. Even happier they found love. Well worth 5 stars as a story. BardnotBard

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon8 months ago

Look anon, I'm an athiest, but I can appreciate a story with religion and faith interwoven in as an intricate part of the tale. Get over yourself.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This was awesome to show how both can heal and find love again

RK52RK527 months ago

Very nice story that definitely fit as a wonderful romance. Excellent feel-good ending.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief6 months ago

Good story and I enjoyed reading it but it was just a little too Saccharine. The whole camping episode was okay to a point, but letting just anyone be chaperons for a bunch of kids is not something that's reasonable, at least in this day and age. It's just an open invitation for a pedo to have a field day. Glad that things worked out for them, even thought the little tid-bit about Beau meeting his demise was welcome.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She lives in a place where people wear cowboy hats and boots, her ex attacked her in public, and no one drew their gun and shot him? Then he’s convicted of multiple felony charges, and it’s the third time he’s been in court for attacking her, and he only got 5 years in prison?

I call bullshit!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I love all your stories Q, especially enjoy the song references. I have to admit that I was taken aback when you referred to 'I Want To Know What Love Is' as an 'old song' until I looked up when it came out, then I just felt OLD!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This guy's definitely in touch with his feminine side, makes you wonder about his big butch stories.

tarkabukktarkabukk5 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Thank you for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To oneofthegirls below. The reference to on of his wives pretty clearly meant one of his wife's.

As to the story, it was nice, and basically coated in sugar. I did like it, which is the definition of four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The Outlaws Green Grass and High Tides is a great song to listen to - sucks to dance to, TRUST ME! (The same holds true for Freebird).

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Such a great story! Thank you Q, Stories don't get much better. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

KahunabobKahunabob4 months ago

Sometimes you just need to read a Hallmark feelgood story. If only to balance out all the BTB stories in "Loving Wives". I think this is my 3rd time reading this. Finally just accepted I love this story and added it to my favourites.

JimDiamondJimDiamond4 months ago

A sweet story to read late at night before Valentine's Day. Too bad someone did not explain things to Beau often in a language he seemed to be fluent in. Just so Beau really did understand that getting hit and beaten really did hurt and feel bad. After watching my mother being beaten, kicked around, and abused I guess I developed a real short fuse about that. So I became exceedingly fluent in that language of violence. I remember a Pimp beating a girl one night in the Filmore District of San Francisco. (Many, many years ago) He held her down by the hair beating her while she cried and begged. Demanding that she produce more money for him. He did not seem to understand English when I yelled he needed to stop. So I explained it to him in the language of violence he seemed to understand. To the delight of the other four of his "girls" he made witness what not making enough for him caused. After knocking him out I stomped on the hands that had beaten her, kicked in a few ribs so it would hurt if he yelled at a woman, and made sure he could not run and catch one later by stomping on each of his knees. I hope that by having it explaining it so succinctly in his language he learned it hurt when you hit women. His former "ladies", stripped his pants and took ALL his money then took me out to celebrate while spending it. A young eighteen-year-old White boy was taught the pleasures of Scotch Whiskey mixed with Milk while accompanying five scantily clad Black working girls that evening. Sorry, no sex happened, and I refused to quit the Military and be their "main man". I went back to the base the next morning with a great story; which no one even believed since I was honest and admitted I was having too much fun getting drunk to think about sex until it was too late.

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

A nice sweet story, bit of a predicable ending with hubby 1, but nicely told

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Love it Love it Love it I must be a total romantic after all as I thought this story had it all GREAT WORK (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This was nicely written, but the lack of preparation for the ex-husband's release from prison made the main character seem callous and irresponsible. Abbie could have put forth the effort to read a few of those letters. Beau might have had a different fate if Abbie and his parents had made some preparations to addess his unrealistic expectations. Announcing "You are the past" was not even close to letting him down gently and predictably would not turn out well. Perhaps there was no hope for Beau, but he could have had a much better odds for success than he received.

dinotail2023dinotail20232 months ago

One of your better ones for sure.

ImshakenImshaken24 days ago

5 stars! One of the most uplifting stories I've read on this site. Thank you for sharing your creations!!

RustyReaderRustyReader12 days ago

Outstanding! Keeps one's faith and hope alive. Well done

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker7 days ago

💯💯💯💯💯🍺🍺👍👍👍👍👍😂👌👌👌👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😁🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍺🍺🍺🍺😘

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

weaved religion in without being overly preachy about it,very well done .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories