All Comments on 'I Think I'm Gonna Stay with You...'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Another winner! Gives hope to the older guys and gals out there.

5

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 4 years ago

A beautiful story. Well done.

RRC2RRC2almost 4 years ago
This one is a winner

I loved it. Great story.

THANKS

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 4 years ago

Very well written story. Thanks!

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 4 years ago
Well done!

Reads like it might well have happened just that way. Those were the days, my friend. Funny how music connects us with each other and provides the setting. And while Abbey Road is great, Sgt. Pepper remains the top album of all time. Any major dude will tell you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another gem....

....from my favorite Lit writer from Bawlamer, Meralin. (Or so I assume.)

Sweet story. Is it autobiographical? I hope so....

I'd love to reunite with my first real lady love, who was sexy, smart, and curvy, like Connie. Alas, she's in cloud storage now...

Thank you. Please keep writing!

technofrog2002technofrog2002almost 4 years ago

Very well written

For such a short story it effectively spanned a lifetime. I’m so glad they finally got back together.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Very Real

Your story brings out the point that 18 year olds really can't make long term decisions and shouldn't. They don't have the experience and they don't really have the ability to work out relationships. I am a little disappointed that two apparently smart people with good people sense ended up divorced. It is true that a very high percentage of people do end up split, but if you look at the statistics you'll find that in the more educated and higher end of society it's actually lower than the other end. Yeah, they get together in the end and they go riding off into the sunset as a couple that you feel should always have come about, but I find it kind of sad that they couldn't have found long term happiness somewhere in the 40+ years they were apart. Still, a well-written tale worthy of 4*, at least.

trigudistrigudisalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks Readers

Thanks to all who read and commented. The only autobiographical part of this is the firehouse scene. A guy angrily confronted me after I danced with his alleged steady girlfriend at a mixer. His friend pulled him back inside as we were on our way out the door to rumble. So, no fight, and no girl either. Yes, she was cute and blond. I never got her name. That firehouse dance occurred the same week the Beatles' Sgt Pepper album was released.

OnlyJuan4OnlyJuan4almost 4 years ago

Great story. Similar memories. I had a ‘67 Le Mans, burgundy with a black vinyl top. Chad and Jeremy, the Association, Beatles and Rehoboth Beach instead of Wildwood. Her name was Tess and we worked together in an office.... she was a secretary with a high school education, brilliant mind and an abusive biker boyfriend. I was the summer intern headed back to college in the fall. It was great while it lasted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another good one

I really enjoy your stories because they remind me of my single days

in your area of Maryland in the 1960s. I met a "Connie" in College Park

In 1967, when she was a freshman at UMD. She was short, blond,

cute, had a great body and a vivacious manner about her that sounds like

your Connie character. She graduated from Timonium High

in Baltimore. We had some fun times together before we

each followed our own arrows. Keep up the great work. You are a regular 5 stars in my book.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice story!

I enjoyed this story very much. Thank you for writing it, and thank you for sharing your work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...