All Comments on 'I Thought She Made You Up Ch. 07'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 173 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

wonderfull story, great ending , thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well done!

I have never made a comment before, but this work deserves praise....well done!

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago
Simply lovely - five stars

Darn it, you made my eyes leak as I read the last page and men are immune to that I think? Well written and a fitting ending to a great love story.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 12 years ago
Great

Great ending to a well written series. Well done. Caused this old man's throat to tighten up.

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
Speechless

A magnificent finish, there aren't enough good words for this series.

Your 'rambling' final chapter was perfect. I've said it before. Any person can write, but it takes a true writer to finish the story. You are a true writer.

Thank you!

M1

double_entendredouble_entendreabout 12 years ago
Wonderful!!!

A wonderful ending to a very unique tale, well worthy of the five stars I am giving it. This was everything that a winning story should be.

Rad'lRad'labout 12 years ago
A fine ending -

to a wonderful story. Thank you very much for polishing it and posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
wow

Just Wow

one of the best and one of the saddest i have read in a long time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Isn't much to say....

There isn't much to say, you have shared a very fine story

Thank You......

vintageridervintageriderabout 12 years ago
Tears

Anytime a reader finishes a story with tears in their eyes, you (the author) should know that you've done your job better than well. Five stars. Ten if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
5 Stars

I have read some truely great stories on this site and I have to say that this one ranks up with the top five. Any time a story can cause the humidity in the air to consolidate below my eyes more than once is a great one. I hope you continue to write stories here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Aitch'em says:

Absolutely and positively one of the best stories I have read so far in "Literotica": rich prose, good humour and quite a bit of "slice of life". Thank you, qmhl1!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I discovered your work by accident, and I love it! Making my way through all your stories. Please continue the great work.

johnnywishbonejohnnywishbonealmost 12 years ago
phew!!

This is a fine chapter to end a wonderful saga.... one of the best stories I ever read!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Super Love Story...

To me this brings to full circle a wonderfully written love story with three sides and a great conclusion, that two sides were from the wrong side of the tracks just made it all the more pleasureable. The insights and the ethical integrity of Loony (James) at all the major points of the story made me cry as I have always felt the same way. The capacity for compassion and forgiveness is a lesson to us all with a history of others, making me realize that there is clarity which comes in the written word so surprising for another boy from the wrong side of the tracks to see his thoughts as conveyed. While I am not identified as the web is a very public place I do share this thought with you, I am a fan and I am looking forward to more please, there is a lot of you in this story also I am sure so good luck and keep writing my friend...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Heart Warming

A beautiful story, the happy lives of 3 individuals who figured how to make each other happy through the good times and bad. Only wish real life people were so smart, caring and loving of each other. A great story, thank you for the smiles and the tears. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank you so much.

'nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Thanks, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wow

Amazing work, loved it.

yowietooyowietooover 11 years ago

Lovely story, well written, I was there with the characters. Well done!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 11 years ago
Fantastic Read

Have to agree with other comment about tears in eyes! You got me when I was reading parts of this story! Really liked line about giving love and it returning multiplied (I know not exact quote)! I will mark this so I can read this story again that's about the highest compliment I can give!

SOAP BOX ALERT I can't believe the commenters on the last chapters from Anon granted the ones so far on this chapter have been respectful but last chapter COMPLETE and total assholes! If your going to attempt to tear a story down at least have the guts to create a name! You may not like Harry in VA but at least there is an ID! I see why so many authors block Anon even IF some do create some good comments still not sure if worth the hassle if I would ever write anything! Glad qhml1 has some thick skin but the last chapter comment about stacking numbers pissed me off!! OBVIOUSLY has not seen any of the rating on other qhml1 stories and if a large number of readers at the time give it a FIVE Stars a few 2 -3 stars would not bring it down much for it to be at 4.7! A simple thought if you don't like poly stories don't read them or better yet if you see it in a story stop at that point! END SAOP BOX

I feel better and still have some left over good feelings from reading this story!

Now have to favorite this author and story!

Thank you for writing and sharing if with me!

So please keep writing so I can keep reading!!!!!!

flaw600flaw600over 11 years ago
Wonderful

First off. Ann. WTF. Shut up. No one really cares about you. It's a wonder how anyone ever put up with you.

Now, sorry for that aside; I'm not usually mean like that but I feel that needed to be said. Second, this is a wonderful story. This last chapter broke my heart, but I still gave it a 5. It does need an editor but I felt that taking a full star away for that from such an amazing story would be a disservice. Those who have read my critiques know that I'm usually much more critical with stories (finding improvements) but here that is the only one. Can't wait to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great

Great story, loved the love shown, Thank You

Mr WolfMr Wolfover 11 years ago
Damn Allergies...

Enjoyed the plot and character develpoment, liked the pace of the story; you are one of my favourite authors, up there with DQS, SS06 et al.

5*

dandashadandashaabout 11 years ago
Lovely Story

Enjoyed that from end to end. Well developed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love it (them)

A very good read. I found it all interesting enough to stay up late to finish each part. Thank you and continue with these gems.

JamesDean56JamesDean56almost 11 years ago
Loved it so much....

Really had a plan to write a bunch of stuff until I realized I couldn't see clearly enough due to the tears. There is so much good in this story that I feel it would be unfair if I could even come up with something negative. Thank you and I applaud your skill.

Ascaron_12Ascaron_12over 10 years ago
outstanding

This was a good story it took me two days to read it. I had to stop from the tears for the sad parts. A solid 5*.

VisualPervVisualPervover 10 years ago
Damnit!

Would you PLEASE stop making me cry like some 6 year old? This was an excellent story, far too full of life's ups and downs. One of the BEST bittersweet endings I have ever read. So sorry I can't give more than 5*.

yankeecatladyyankeecatladyover 10 years ago
Loved it

It kept my interested from start to finish. Wonderful story!!!

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
It took 20 minutes...

It took 20 minutes to write this one line of praise for your story because I couldn't stop crying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
maybe

maybe it was not a life everyone would or could live with but they made it

work. good tale without the over the top sex and size thing going on.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999over 10 years ago
Well done

While I favor more detailed sex scenes, this was a great blend of everything including realism. You should consider fattening it up into a real novel or such.

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
You Did It Again!

Well, another great story. I had to wait to write this comment because of the wetness in my eyes. I'm too old to sob like a little girl, but I am. This was one beautiful story.

I find it hard to believe that writing of this quality can be found on a free site. All I can add is Thank You for your writing. I am in the process of reading all your stories, and they keep getting better and better. Everyone I read, I think is the best story.

Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellent ending

And well done throughout. As one that lived through the 60's "Flower Power" generation, I really liked your love triangle. Growing up 25 minutes outside of San Francisco I know the relationship you described so beautifully in your story existed. A wonderful memory. Thanks.

leroykatleroykatabout 10 years ago
I had tears

You made me choke up and tear up. I can feel the love these three characters have for each other. You are one of my favorite authors on this site. I'm slowly making progress through all your stories. Your ending was well done. Keep up the great writing

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfalmost 10 years ago
You have done it once again!!!

Every emotion know to man, or woman, has run through me as I read this story, you ARE the BEST... I have to agree with both your English Professor and your Wife... You should be writing professionally... But, I also understand your view on the matter... It would take all the fun out of it... Still, My Kudos go out to you... BRAVO for another one of the best stories that I have read on here, or anywhere else for that matter...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I wish

You had not written an epilogue. Soulmate? I think not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another Great Story

Thank you.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Enjoyed

I thought it was a good story written by a very good author. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great saga. Thank you.

That says it all.

LostOneThereLostOneThereover 9 years ago
Outstanding romance story

Turned out to be quite a tear jerker with Chapter 7. The character James 'Looney' Wilson reminded me of a Staff Sergeant I knew at the end of Vietnam while stationed at Ft. Bragg. Hard to believe a biker from the "wrong" side of town could become an English/Ed PhD. It was equally as hard for me to believe that an English PhD from the "right" side of town could become an enlisted soldier and complete two full combat tours. Service stripes said he was at least 12 years in when we met so I suppose he made the Army his career. I can say that a better small unit tactician I have never met. I am married to an Amy now and I wouldn't trade her for anything else, not even a CeCe. Great story Q

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Who says soulmates have to be binary?

Loved the tale. Cried several times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I loved your story. Cried a lot. Superb.

Cassy16Cassy16about 9 years ago
Fantastic

I couldn't stop reading this marvellous story.

Thanks for sharing. 5+ *

Tony NZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved it

Hi your story was Great hope you do another one for all of us

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Love Story - Reminds me of a friend who is no longer with us.

This story by the author has a happy ending, although sad, but those of us who live long lives must eventually wear out the heart or other body organs fail and we all must eventually die. The friend that I mention was a 60' love child, hippy or whatever, intelligent and Vietnam veteran who could see that the USA was fighting a war with hands tied behind back getting over 50,000 young men killed in the jungle buy an enemy that would not wear uniforms and hid behind women and children while fighting against the South VN army and our troops. This guy who I will call John got out of marines, got his BS degree and went to med school, got married, had a bunch of children and ended up divorced. John met another much younger divorcee(Mary) with several sons of her own; they married and had a son young enough to be a grandson and then some. I met John and Mary and little man one spring day at a ball game 6 years ago. We, my wife and younger son became fairly close friends with them over the years, had lunches and dinners and I became unofficial uncle to the little one. Any way time passed and something bad happened between them; big fight and Mary killed John. This happened a month ago and I went to family gathering, viewing. I cannot understand how a husband and wife, who renewed their vows last year, could gravitate to this level of hate and despair. I still cannot believe that John is gone and feel much pain due to his absence and to all the family including Mary and little man who have to live and deal with it. The investigation continues and no indictment for the death has been issued. I am not even a mediocre writer but someone could write a novel about this and like the story above, it could be made into a drama/romance movie and make someone rich. You will be missed - R.I.P. my friend, and when my time comes to hook back up with you, I will be happy to renew our friendship.

geonisisgeonisisabout 9 years ago
Almost Speechless

This is simply one of the most beautiful and well written stories I have ever read. Thank you.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 9 years ago
Seems almost impossible . . .

. . . to weave such a serious story, with so many profound messages, into such a lighthearted tale. The real climactic scene, with the important truths shouted out so emphatically, was in the office of the new university president. The fact that Jimmy immediately started to set up his retirement, created a beautiful symbolism -- a brave, principled man, having spent his whole life scrambling to get to the top of a mountain, where he could be heard by all, screams out his message of love, personal freedom, and making a positive difference for all those around him, and then, having said it all, calmly walks back down the mountain.

In the end, everybody dies. Certainly not a difficult lesson to understand, is it? But the five principal characters have left little pieces of themselves scattered all around, implanted in the hearts and minds of everybody they've touched. Damned good work, if you can manage it.

I took advantage of the episodic presentation to give this 35 stars! Well worth every one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I knew it!

I knew I would hate the sequel. I knew they would each die and be left alone, but I just had to read it and cry! An awesome story, loveable characters, great humor, with a final ending that gave hope that they could re-unite in the hereafter what's not to love! Thank you Mike

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 9 years ago
Very Good Read

I had to read the whole story in one sitting!

Now I am crying like a baby. An old man baby.

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
from tynwood

This needs to be on amazon. Superb

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Final Thought

I was going to give this the same 4 stars as the other parts, but even though I personally don't believe in an afterlife the very ending really got to me, and I had to give this the fifth star!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I did not invest in each chapter because as you know I do not like descriptive sex stories, however as a whole it was a wonderful emotional love story that caught my heart. The 5* is an overall grade for a well done love story.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absolutely wonderful

This is the best story I've read on this site. Thank you for your gentleness.

LoveDeniedLoveDeniedover 8 years ago
Lovely

I'm supposed to be at an early morning meeting in just a few hours, but I simply could not stop reading until I got to the end. Thank you.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Just smiling

I've said enough in previous reviews, just know that I finished with a smile.

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a wonderful story!

Brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brill

Great enjoyed so much didn't want it to end

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Even though I only read this a few months ago, I had forgotten the ending, and before I posted this comment I was reading the older ones, and saw that I had already said what I was about to say here!

The only thing I have to add was that I was reading the end through tear-filled eyes.

rider999rider999about 8 years ago
EPIC WORK

Sitting in my office with tears in my eyes. Had to stop Chapter 7 three times. Finally made it to the end. This is the best story I have read on Literotica. You could get an editor, an agent and lawyer up to turn this into a best seller. Good luck.

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
Tears, tears, tears...

Like several others in here, I had to stop reading Ch 07 more than once to let the tears clear from my eyes.

It was a beautiful and moving wrap-up, and a suitable ending to the story. Thank you again.

Jerry

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Tears and more tears

I don't know how I got through the entire story without the waterworks continually being turned on. One of the best I have read

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Definitely one of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once I started...could not stop until I finished. Wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
YOU JUST HUNG THE SUN

WOW! This is one Beautiful story of true love between 3 people. Some narrow minded bigots will avoid these types of stories but deep down inside they wish it was them! ? The story is Fantastic! I give you every star in the sky after all You hung the sun with this story! ........Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 100 % o reading enjoyment! Bye.

noel5474noel5474over 7 years ago
Heart touching

a great story, some find only 1 love in their lives, some lose a love of their live, and with this story it was both and then the great experience of finding those loves all over again, very well written. please continue to write more, i will read them thank you

DoctimeDoctimeover 7 years ago

CLASSIC LOVE!!! 👏

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The Best!

I have been reading your stories for many years. When the thought catches me I re read them. This, IMHO, is the best.

Thanks for writing and keep up the good work.

JH

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Yes

Arrowglass said it best. A favorite for sure

rdd1953rdd1953over 7 years ago
Part one

I have read this many times and noticed this time part one is gone, what happened to it ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
just rip my heart out.

This is by far the best of you to date. male 48 ex military and my secretaries are freaked because I keep crying. broke me in 6 chapters. time for a couple of novals like DQ Steele.

as good as summer by the lake. My favorite

Thank you

jeff D.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 7 years ago
Excellent

You must have found that editor. The typos and articles out of proper sequence decreased as the story unfolded or I just became accustomed to them and read over them correcting as I went. Great story, great concept I've been a fan of your writing for sometime and can't believe I missed this one. Thank you for the entertainment

_ant__ant_over 7 years ago
Hats off qhml1

It was beautiful, it was bittersweet, it was perfect. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
EXCELLENT

This your forte. Stay away from the one or two pagers. U have become one of my favorite authors. By the way, you must have one interesting, non-existent boring marriage. Best wishes on new efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
grief

Damn you,why do I always finish up sobbing my heart out for my own memories.I too am on the last lap and try to take comfort in the thought that we may all be together at the end but I am afraid.

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 7 years ago
Something

in my eye. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

a very good read keep up the good writing

Native_blueNative_blueabout 7 years ago
I cried

Very good read. You are one of my favorite authors. I've been reading your stories for hours. Very well written. Please don't stop. 🖒😊

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I really like this story. When i read it originally there was a first chapter (01) which set the background for the complete story. It also had CeCes daughter while attending the school function exclaim "I thought she made you up" to Looney Wilson. You should repost the 1st. chapter.

Very enjoyable stories.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
A Life Well Lived

Too bad CeCe couldn't have woken up and smelled the roses decades earlier. Another terrific Romance from a gifted storyteller! Thanks, Q -- going back to drop 5* on all the chapters.

Glad I was able to find Chapter 1 at SOL to set the whole scene up....

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
Oh Damm!

I thought you were not going to do an epilogue??

Damm your eyes! Had me crying like a pup!

But a fitting and wonderful ending!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you for your work

I read this whole series in one go. Thank you, I enjoyed it very much.

ArediaArediaover 6 years ago

I read all of these in one sitting. You, sir, are one hell of a story-teller - I salute you. Like many other commenters, I had tears in my eyes periodically throughout - I guess I'm just an old softie.

Thank-you for the story - it's a good'un.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Outstanding

I also read these one after the other - well written and very enjoyable.

Thank you and please keep writing - (waiting on the next Rocky Raccoon)

CliqueGGE (I keep forgetting my password)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You're right

You're right, you do need an editor. Another good story with lots of human nuances.

Try reading "Love Your Readers" by TxTallTales. Some excellent hints on how to get past the issues in your stories which will trip up the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Damn 5 stars 👍

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 6 years ago
I love the sentiment and humor in these stories.

If you are a perfectionist you will notice some errors and typos in these stories. Just read and enjoy, a few errors shouldn't upset people if the story is solid and entertaining, and this story is very entertaining. If you let a few typos and misused words bother you as a reader, then don't read this one, but if you don't you will have missed a great story.

Woodbgood

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
5

One of the few 5’s I give out. A seriously great story that brought a bit of glint to my eyes. Well done.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 6 years ago
To Those

Who get hung up on spelling & typos, I have 2 comments. 1 - this story is 6 years old and still one of the best on this site. 2 - check out the Loving Wives hall of fame. Of the 20 stories listed, 9 were written by qhml1...one of the great authors on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very realistic

Confronts all human emotions, actions and reactions people deal with on a daily basis

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 5 years ago
Great

I had read some of your earlier works, and liked them. I decided to read some more of your work. This one blows almost every story I have read on this site, right out of the water.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Lovely

Lovely ending to a great series. That you for it. Five stars don't seem enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

That was truly an amazing story. Can't wait to read more like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I don't have the right words

Truly an incredible story. Two pop people in love turned into three people in love. An outstanding story a true love story. This will be in my favorites.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com/Ron

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
huh

WHy was part 1 removed? Makes the story kind of hard to follow without it.

DrewauDrewauover 4 years ago
Amazing writing

I think this is the best story I have read on here

And I am certain it is the only one that has caused me to tear up at not one, but multiple chapters.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Ok It was an unbelievably great ending

Ok at 63 this one did me in at the end. Best in class great story

sticks13sticks13over 4 years ago
Now to find some tissues!

There's not much I can add about this story apart from "bring your tissues you're going to need them".

You have a knack for this type of story I think so thank you for sharing it on here. It's probably one of the best, if not the best that I've read on here so 5 stars and a "favourite story" plus a "favourite author" give you an assured, "clean sweep".

Thank you again, I really enjoyed this one even if it did make me tear up numerous times. There must've been "dust" in the air, I kept sniffing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I've just read this for the second time ...

... and again I am in tears, you damned asshole :-)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES