All Comments on 'I Understand'

by Dare2Bro

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments (Page 2)
iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

The anon below me has written one of the best replies any poster has deserved to have tossed into their laps ever.

I enjoyed the story, it isnt often that a dumb as shit LW wife actually is written to smarten up.

Yes she was written with the same brush that every "We have to talk" wife here always is, the cliched "he loves me" "He'll accept it" et al but unlike the rest she woke up. Which kind of shocked me. So that was a nice surprise.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again for a really great story. This guy can write. Where is he?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

really lame dude .how can you ever trust her again.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

I DON'T understand...

"I need to finish my errands for tomorrow..." "Diane completed her errands and pulled up to a dark house. She collected her thoughts and then sent Janice a lengthy text message." She went to VS to exchange the dress because she HAD changed her mind, but the reader doesn't know that yet.

"She closed the album and wept. She had to make him understand." ??? Or was it still on?

"...wrote a short note to John, she CHUCKLED to herself, she was leaving him a Dear John letter." She thought that was funny?

"She pulled out of the driveway, determined to finish what she had started." Sounds like it's still on.

"John began to cry. He had feared this, but in his heart, he had expected her to stay, to forget this crazy idea, to remain his wife."

"I was worried you would leave without me so I decided to wait in the car." Having changed her mind, she should have crawled into bed and crawled ON John. If she couldn't wake him (sleeping pill}, she could have grabbed a blanket and curled up in front of the bedroom door.

But no, this FUCKING author wrote it with more needless pain for John just to set up his reveal like a goddamn Vandemonium1 joke!

John's memory of almost falling after a drunken celebration of success is no comparison to Diane's deliberate "conspiracy with intent to cheat." Fuck this shit. 1"

Fuck that shit! 1"

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

I wrote my previous comment immediately after finishing the story. I listed contradictions, but failed to summarize.

In omniscient point of view, the reader knows the characters' thoughts and feelings. Therefore characters CANNOT LIE to the reader. Yet that is exactly what Diane was written doing from the time she left the bar until John went out to the car the next morning. Since it was obviously done to delay the reveal, I'll bet this would get a failing grade in a creative writing course.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Glad she came to her senses...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad she came to her senses and glad he did to incidently without outside intervention.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written & thought out & happy that she came to the right conclusion to save her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hilarious end note! Good story, love to read once in a while about someone who woke up in time.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Great story. Sending Lisa after him was the funniest thing I've read here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

love it when main characters involved actually make a good decision, that may be tough, but speaks of genuine love and respect for each other! Well done!

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

It took a while, but Diane finally understood that her fantasy was going to cost her she would lose everything, marriage and family for what a roll in the hay with a sleaze ball. Diane was lucky that her husband and friends did their intervention with her, and she then made a wise choice to recommit to her marriage. Well done 5-stars

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

Epilogue was great, Lisa too

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A cliched trope of the LW category but very well done and written.

Yes, wifey cheated on him by her actions as much as if she had fucked the scumbag. It will be a VERY uncertain long road to reconciliation but.... it's a story and the choice to end it happily before the long painful months/years of work to truly reconcile is a reasonable author's choice. 5*****

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 2 years ago

Nice work. The way back will be painful, but they have a chance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Saved by the bell ringing in her head

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

There is a lot of healing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He understood. Suddenly his wife changes her mind about her affair? Happy they want to work it out, but I felt the story was just a bit on the bland side. Gave it a 3 for the writing & attempt, & only didn't give it a 2 because, while I really didn't like it, I didn't DISlike it either.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Why didn't Lisa talk to her husband before the weekend?

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Very nice story. I'm glad she woke up early enough

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Children are result of physical love between husband and wife.

That bond is first children second. When turned around results in many divorces especially when child dies.

Many might disagree your choice

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You're note at the end just demonstrates how repetitive, and devoid of vocabulary your writing is. Also, you don't every let this sort of shit lead to a RAAC. She was more than willing to humiliate her husband, fuck another man, and blow up all of their lives. You don't 'understand' that. You fucking call a lawyer.

OilcanjonOilcanjonabout 2 years ago

I like happy endings. It might have been better if there was less pressure from her friends. It would have been internal instead of external.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

A very good story and a bit of different take on the wife wants to go on a date theme and have a hall pass. What's wrong with me? I'm 79 and was married for 13 tears and two daughters. The wife wanted roam, We divorced, her choice not mine. I was married the second time for 40 years. She brought 4 kids t Good do the marriage. In all that time I never ever had a thought about cheating. I was happy to have a wife.

I guess some women rely to much on being pretty and men wanting them, huh? Good Story 5 stars

UnclenoodleUnclenoodleabout 2 years ago

I liked it. Nice to see people make the right choices for once.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved the story. I especially liked your thank you.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nicely crafted story but Almond M&M's? Please! It's Peanut Butter M&M's for critical reading. Almond is for audio books.

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

After second reading I have raised my rating by 1 to 5. Excellent ending. Really excellent!

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

It turned out well, I guess. I would say that her level of disrespect for her husband may well have killed the marriage even when she relented. If I were he, I would have had her served BEFORE she went. Move out and move on. Because her plan was so very, very insulting to him. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was mighty nice of her to choose that her cuckold had had enough. To bad he was so pathetic about it but it worked since she didn;t actually experience the big D after all.

I understood.

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

Alls well that ends well

5;5

DanDraperDanDraperalmost 2 years ago

excellent story. I wish i could rate it more than a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

4 Star as the ending left a few unresolved things: Glad she changed her mind and saw sense. Hub may have "understood" but his close call involved alcohol and was a one-off near slip, hers, however, involved planning and had been cranking up over 2 months.

We need to know and hear more about her efforts to restore his trust.

peter944peter944almost 2 years ago

Well done. I liked the way you pulled off the twist at the end and even the “prequel” SCE an. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story and a terrific ending. She finally got her head out of ass and realized what she was about to lose. Thank goodness for some sort and caring friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You were very wrong about the delivery timing of the divorce papers. IF HE WANTED to keep her,In real life after being forewarned well ahead of her plans,the divorce papers would have been delivered at her work that Friday morning.Little things like that throughout a story affect the realism. Any intelligent person understands it's too late to close the barn door after the horses have run off.... so why not write it accordingly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why average. He said at beginning you cheated. lunches,dates,hands in inappropriate touching. Then you have him wishy-washy!!! Should I have let her. Even thinking about it makes him Wimp

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I read it again. It's very well written. I especially like the line, "Once Diane recommitted to her marriage, David Summers ceased to be of any interest to her, John or this author." That is how it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just so hard to figure out how anyone could do…or almost do….what Diane was contemplating in this story. Th3 author did a very credible job of trying to tell us. He mostly succeeded. So glad that Diane did not go thru with what would have been a most horrible mistake.

.

4 strong ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She cheated emotionally and physically for months.《kissing, petting and other intimate contact with someone other than her spouse IS cheating). She also planned for weeks to fuck her boyfriend. That level of contempt and disregard for her husband can't be fixed with an "oops, sorry." IF they could save their marriage, it would require a LOT of work, and his trust would likely never return.

HIS near cheating, while not to be dismissed lightly, was very different..his was not months of dating, planning, petting and generally showing contempt for his partner and marriage.

Personally, I couldn't stay with a person who had shown so little concern for our marriage and so much contempt for me .. but, that's me .. apparently, cucks see things differently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok. You were at a 4, until the prologue. You are now a 5! Great story!

historyandherstoryhistoryandherstoryover 1 year ago

We loved it, great story, well set out. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes good wins, well done. I loved her waiting in the car so she wouldn't miss him.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

2d Reading: again, a great tale.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

One of the better of this genre’. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope! She repeatedly chose another man over him. It doesn’t matter if there’s penetration or not. He should have divorced her the second he found out about the lunches. She rejected him and the marriage when she engaged in dating behavior.

ZK

CaptainbklCaptainbklover 1 year ago

Excellent ending, never saw it coming. I do not know if I could ever trust her again though. Tough decision.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure why all the commenters think there is no hope for their marriage. Yes they have serious work to do. And trust is hard to regain. But he has his own confession to make. In a single night, he almost fell completely. Though she had already had intimates and dancing and lunches with the asshole, while inexcusable, it can be forgiven but only IF she commits back to her husband and works on their marriage. And that is what they did. Thanks also to her good friends who fought for her to stop her temporary insanity. I think thr husband's own brush with infidelity, will help.him hav we perspective on how they can heal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Strange how all the BTB crowd want to crucify Diane, but think nothinsg of what John had done earlier. All these macho asshole can take a flying leap. That is what they deserve. If people want to read, let the author tell his story. If he wants them to reconcile, it's his story. If you can't accept it, quit reading.

jmmj5jmmj5over 1 year ago

This was excellent. I love that the wife's sanity returned.

Write another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful that the wife was faithful. Another please.

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

I liked it. Nice change from the standard formula

Liked that he had his own demons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finally a story where the prospective loving wife has GOOD friends that tell her she is insane.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. She was guilty of an emotional affair. Why? We don't know why she developed.one with David the creep. Planned to have physical sex the upcoming weekend tryst with three asshole. But she didn't. She acceded to her husband's clear demands (took a while, everyone is stubborn when given an ultimatum) and took thr advice of her friends. Her errands for the next day were returning them dress and swapping the lingerie. And getting set later that night to sleep in his car that morning so no screwups. They need help.and counseling something odd after almost 22 years of marriage. But they will be able to work it out. She did not commit adultery. She did commit infidelities. Btw why no communication from the kids?

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

The LW BTB's will not like this story, but no actual sex was divulged and expect not occurred. Did she 'emotional cheat', YES, but no as flagrantly as most other LW stories. Is 'empty nest' syndrome set in - likely. Would some counseling help - definitely. Will David be a future problem - not at that company.

\

I liked the stroy - the bridge was almost crossed but not - redemption was obtainable. Do the kids/family need to know - nope. Salutes some very good friends in Lisa and Janice.... But John needs to find as good a friend too.

\

5.3***** Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pulled the rug right out from under the cheating wife episode. Still it would take a lot of talking, maybe a little counciling to get past her lies and betrayal. I understand my sweet bippy!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Finally some good friends with tough love and sound advice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

almond M&Ms, at least you'll get some nutrition with your indulgence. ;)

RileyKingRileyKingabout 1 year ago

Loved this! 5 stars!!!! So happy that she woke up to what she was doing and fixed it before she crossed that line. Loved this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A dozen crispy creams? That will hold you till breakfast.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

clever i had no clue. LOVE the twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. I had to laugh at the epilogue. Seemed like David was about to get the screwing he deserved.

5 stars.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 1 year ago

That certainly was a surprise when he found his wife in his car. And I did enjoy reading about David looking around the HR office, talk about feeling fucked....lol I gave this story 5 stars

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorabout 1 year ago

They reconcile, commit to each other, and to do what is right. If they keep their promises the world has two happy, mentally and otherwise healthy, people who will contribute in positive ways. That is how the world will be saved. BTB and they will separate, divorce and end up two lonely, bitter people with kids whose lives have been shaken and whose faith in marriage will have been shaken. Grandkids will lose the steadying influence of two committed grandparents and friends will be saddened and lose a little more confidence in others. That is how the world will be lost, one person, one marriage at a time. If Diane fails to keep her promises, John can dump her then and he has lost nothing by trying. Brothers and sisters with the BTB attitude, you are part of the problem and you have no solutions. I repudiate you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done!

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

Well done! Very enjoyable!

Grote_01Grote_0111 months ago

terrific story, well written. congrats

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The best part of this story is the advice at the end.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

Good stuff. Thank you.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

I'll sail with the Viking all the way through.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

in case you didn't know, the peanut butter M&M's are really good also. ;) cheers T.R.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Two stars off for mistake a lot of authors make!

Spouse always comes first!

Children are a result of the physical part of their love!

I feel sorry for you that don't realize that.

shadrachtshadracht9 months ago

Glad she pulled her head out of her ass before it was too late. Also, him doing the same thing years before gave him the perspective to be able to understand, and then to forgive when she didn't finish nuking the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Minor details missed at the end and just seemed like they just waltzed off into a happy ever after ending with no other dialogue about her affair or the causes and effect.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim997 months ago

I like that she changed her mind. He did understand the temptation, but didn't share her desire for it to occur.

He resisted his temptation, so he really wouldn't understand her following through. If not for his experience, he might have left her.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fucking great man! You really amped up that tension, I was on the edge of my seat lol. I really thought she'd do it, in these stories the wife always does it, but Diane proved herself. Yes, she majority fucked up, and if they had been married for 1-15ish years I would have said what she'd been doing was already blatantly cheating--which it objectively was--and there should be no choice but divorce; but after 22 years I think reconciliation should be considered. They lived together the majority of their lives and she fucked up once, had she physically been with David it would have been too far to reconcile. But given the strong nature of their loyal 21 years, and very importantly John's confession at the end, these two should admit their mistakes (neither of which went too far) and work through it. IMO. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I understand!

My EX was sneaky. I was lock in Military work on Base, she just took upon herself to grab a huge number of Hall passes.

Oh I had my intuition; I had a Daughter 6 month old.

Sixteen years later She threatened divorce, I gave it to her.

I understand and since have understood many of her cheats. Friends do talk after the event of divorce.

Well done Mr. "I understand"

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A very good and well presented story. ( Other than you having the wife coming right out and telling her husband she was actually going to cheat on him ),it is realistic..In real life if a wife tries that with a husband, he ends up in jail for assault. Or he is out of her life well before her proposed date night..Yes we love our wives enough to die for them,but not enough to allow that to happen or accept her disrespect in trying..I simply have a hard time with authors pushing that scenario of a wife being that dumb.But you made a very good tale out of it.

4 stars...JZK..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story but don't think I'd stay with the cheating skank slut. She was too far gone and would fuck somebody else sooner or later.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

OK, a little surprise at the revelation when he went to his car but a happy ending.She will be forever grateful for realising her mistake befor it was too late.

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months ago

Loved it and this kind of reconciliation is totally fine.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I can not understand the character shift of Diane, when she was adamantly in favor of going to see David, then all of the sudden, she changes her mind to stay with John. That is going from one polar opposite to the other. The way the author describes her thoughts show NOTHING of her mindset change. It would NOT be a swift change either, considering the length of time the author had her trying to explain it and how much she evidently believed in her own fantasy.

tralan69ertralan69er3 months ago

theVikingSailor is a very wise man!

A very good story with a twist. I dont know how I missed your stories, but I plan to read more of them.

Thank you Dare2Bro and please keep writing

I liked your final comment as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hope Diane "understands "

XluckyleeXluckylee25 days ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for an excellent story.

desecrationdesecration22 days ago

I like the ominous ending, but in real life, I think the wife has gone over to the narcissist dark side and is not coming back.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Thanks, great ending!! DerMtMan

jjfronjjfron11 days ago

loved the sharp left turn at the finish.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDare2Bro@Dare2Bro
A reader who enjoyed the stories here and one day decided to give it a try myself. It has been a great experience and I thank everyone for the kind comments and educational suggestions. All my stories are stand-alone, complete stories. You may not care for where I finish my s...