All Comments on 'I Understand'

by Dare2Bro

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
HighpikeHighpikealmost 3 years ago

Simply superb - seven stars

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

She’s better off without him.

Controlling. Dictatorial. Condescending. Probably an abusive husband. I really like how he gaslights her repeatedly so he gets what he wants.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 3 years ago

Excellent story, sir. Thank you for sharing it.

trandall9991trandall9991almost 3 years ago

Bye bye job. What a way to go. Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Even if all goes well she still needed to go to a counselor for mental cruelty

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for a simple but excellent story. Well done 👍

OdiouserOdiouseralmost 3 years ago

What, a story when the cheating intended wife changes her mind at the last minute. Pretty unbelievable, but you knew that.

luedonluedonalmost 3 years ago
What a sad story

Another missed opportunity for happiness. Now she's stuck with a stodgy possessive husband for the rest of her life and she'll never know what delights Mr Summers may have delivered for her.

She'll spend the rest of her life wondering -- "if only".

Lue

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 3 years ago

Ohm that will not end well for Mr Summers! Nicely done.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 3 years ago

Great read and great ending. Look forward to more.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Nice save, I thought the wife would go through with it. Well written and intriguing thank you. But brace yourself for reader's who would want her divorced. Personally I liked it thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You did good!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Nice bate and switch at the end. You had us all convinced she was going to do it. IMHO - He'd be an idiot to tell his wife what he did, or didn't in his case, do at the convention. Your writing is definitely improving - 5*

Vancouverguy978Vancouverguy978almost 3 years ago

Great story. Went down well with my Talisker and M&Ms.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 3 years ago

5* -- you nailed it. Superior, if the others you talked of are close... please publish them.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"I have read several stories about the subject of wives taking a Hall Pass" - Hall Passes are given, not taken, that's what makes them a "pass."

/

"I have been a faithful wife and partner to you for 22 years...." - So? There's no expiration date on fidelity. The usual vows say, "Till death do us part."

/

So, her friend who's done this, the "right" way, and still has problems because of it, is warning her off, and she's ignoring her advice?

/

"I really need to experience another man just one more time in my life." - Why? "one MORE time?" That means that she HAS experienced "other" men, so she doesn't even have the lame, "He's the only man I ever had sex with excuse."

/

"I won't be another notch in his bedpost. He cares for me," - Doesn't that sort of belie the "one-time" excuse. "Caring" usually involves an affair.

/

Janice doesn't "understand?" She understands perfectly! She's gone through this, and it caused issues in her marriage.

/

"He won't like it but he will let me do this." - She's delusional! He already TOLD her that he won't let her.

/

Diane doesn't know that Maria is the mother of her son's roommate?

/

"She didn't want to embarrass John or herself by taking them out in front of him." - Why would it embarrass them any more than what she's already doing?

/

I could have done without his indiscretion, and certainly don't think he should confess it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Very good! She woke up just in time. I like a happy ending.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

It's been done before and countless times but this was well done.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice touch

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 3 years ago

Sorry, I can't follow your suggestion on the beer. Unfortunately, that would require a Master's Level Drinker. I'm an old geezer and gave up my pro card years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Glad it all worked out well in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Actually he didn't understand even at the end. In common with the many totally unbelievable LW 'whiter-than-white', 'everyone-else-thinks-I'm-wonderful' husbands he never took the time to stand back and look at his wife's point of view. She has demonstrated as a wife, mother and career woman that she's definitely not an idiot. Such people don't have sudden brain-farts. The reason for her desire to have an affair was not removed, it's still there at the end of the story, she just guilted herself out of it this time.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed this. It was very well written and plotted and not one Marine or special forces person jumped from the closet. You got 5 bright stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There aren't too many happy endings In LW. Thanks for writing one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

his would have been a very solid story if it weren't for the inclusion of the feminist trope about "pride and ego." (Had he lost a lifetime of happiness over his ego and pride?) Using this cliche is evidence of a feminized mind. It is designed to trivialize what are actually serious issues and demean men.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 3 years ago
Didn't see that ending coming

I liked this story, however I would have left out the seven year flashback - going to the epilogue would have been enough.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I liked it. It was shaping up to be another wife who lost her mind despite what she knew was most important, and then it took a turn and became something more interesting. I like the way David got what was coming to him. That's a nice switch.

rnebularrnebularalmost 3 years ago

Really enjoyed this short tale. They were on the precipice and it all looked like it was to come crashing down, and then she pulls it out at the last second. Well done. As a side note, Diane's name got flopped with Janice a few times, lol. A single reread/proof would probably have caught that. 5*

Thanks for sharing!

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

hic hich i'm drunk.

oops 5⭐

Thanks for sharing your story.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryalmost 3 years ago
Well done

Great story. 5 from me. Keep writing and I’m going to check out your previous works now.

Robby_DRobby_Dalmost 3 years ago

Great little story and you have finally finished your obligatory hall pass requirement. Now, if you will just give us the mandatory February Sucks story you will be free to write something that you want to. :)

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 3 years ago

Sorry but I'm a recovering alcoholic so I can't reread the story your way but it sounds like a lot of fun. It was a very well written story and will earn 5 stars from me. Nice job!

Dare2BroDare2Broalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I apologize for the errors in name switching which occurred twice in this story. My sharp editor caught the errors and his dim-witted author corrected them and then posted the wrong file. A corrected copy has been submitted.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 3 years ago

A well-written and constructed story. 5 stars. I was surprised by the ending, although I missed the implication when Dianemoved clothes from her car

hapmarriedhapmarriedalmost 3 years ago

Excellent writing and a sweet ending. It makes you wonder how many people, women or men, came to their senses at the last minute to save a marriage with a spouse who never even suspected.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 3 years ago

... Diane moved the clothes from the car so they wouldn't be too cold to wear the next day. Upon first reading, this behavior wa odd. Why couldn't she change at the hotel? In retrospect, this was a harbinger of her decision to stay with John. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It took a major intervention to stop her from cheating on her husband *even though he knew about it* and *even though she knew he hated the idea*. In short, she's a miserable excuse for a wife and he has major problems ahead, despite the attempt at a 'happy ending'.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Good story well done!!!!

Scores 4/5

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

Janice or Diane? Wit h is it. Was 5 but a 4 because you swapped names.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice job! I'm glad she didn't go through with it. But she has a lot of making up to do! Was also great to see friends give good advice for once. Would be curious to see her reaction when he confesses to his indiscretion. In the end, hopefully they will work through everything and remain together. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done, chapeau!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story Bro. This is one of the best I’ve ever read on this hall pass scenario. He left it to her to put the final nail in the coffin that would bury their marriage. He knew that she had been cheating with the sleaze David, but had not yet slept with him. He somehow knew everything, and that shocked her. Luckily, she also had some good friends, including one who was having marriage problems from her hall pass. Great little twist with the husband having also having had a close call with cheating previously that he had barely avoided. The ending in the VP’s office was a nice epilogue. Lisa is a lady that I would like to meet. Again, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very good. 4****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is the only story on this site that has inspired me to make a comment. Twenty-five years ago I experienced the dilemma faced by the couple in this story with my now-ex wife...even using the same “I understand” phrase in conversations with her. However, my story did not end well. She made the wrong choice.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 3 years ago

Pretty darn good and it IS different! Keep on writing! cd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Everyone loves a happy ending! Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I had already decided to count the ‘understands’ before finishing this story. I’m about leave for the gun range and I will pull the trigger for every word counted. Oh, the target will have the name ‘David’ written on it. Just a little joke to myself! I hope I don’t scare the range master - HA!

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 3 years ago
Made sense

It made sense to stop it at the beginning instead of just letting it happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well, as an Anon, I won't bother commenting on the story other than to say that you had a couple name slips.

Dare2Bro I realize you were gentle and perhaps tongue in cheek, but I will however comment on the disparagement of anon commenters by both other commenters and several authors.

I find it noteworthy that if you go through the comments of most stories, raunchy cuck-tales excluded, "Nicked" commenters infrequently critique in any but the gentlest manner, particularly if it's the story of one of the popular authors. Other than the ego stroke of the tongue bath, of what value is "OMG, that story/you are so great!!!) to anyone? There are a lot more of those than there are of the anon troll "You and your story suck." variety. I particularly appreciate the holier than thou "If you haven't written how dare you criticize? " comments by people who almost certainly gripe about the performances of umpires/referees, sports players, movie and music stars, and even the wait staff at eateries.

Their are a couple "name" authors I now ignore due to their comments. I guess The Dixie Chicks happened to long ago for some to remember. As for those authors who claim to write only for themselves, take a page from PapaToad and turn off comments and ratings. You'll still have your viewpoint stats.

- EOR -

Btw gave this a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Diane changes to Janice several times in this story, learn which characters are which, it's confusing Get a proof reader

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

THAT WAS GREAT!!!! The Bear approves 100%. You hat the nail right on the head. Sometimes, I admit , I have a problem with the difference between retribution, and revenge. You have the situation well in hand. I routinely hand out extra stars because they will not fix the rating system. You should be able to give negative ratings, in addition to higher rating. Don't worry, You get 10 stars. Keep writing.

The BEAR

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Quite good. Full marks.

irinmikeirinmikealmost 3 years ago

One of the best stories I have read on this site. Your depiction was perfect. Forget most of the stupid anonymous cut ups who want their minute of fame with stupid remarks. I understand how difficult it is to work and rework sentence after sentence in a short story. Bravo, and I will be waiting for more of your writings in the future.

Optimistic7Optimistic7almost 3 years ago

This story is excellent and very well-written. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into the very believable lives of Diane and John.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 3 years ago

Well written tale. Thank you for the entertainment, I'm pleased 'most' comments agree. It was a good story of the genre and the ending was quite refreshing and I'm glad his confession gave the reasoning behind his 'I understand ' replies to his wife.

(Would any other commentators like to visit a certain author's next story and write a long list of irrelevant rubbish complaints preceded by a / for each line to draw attention to them...I really try and ignore him but he's getting more belittling and irritating than HarryinVA).

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Very few things that can be described as 'perfection' come close to the perfection of this story. You had the reader's stomach tied up in knots until the sudden, altogether unexpected release, at the climax. Even the epilogue was masterful in that it was splendidly written in a nice, creative and impressively obtuse manner..

.

Masterful! Literotica Hall of Fame Material!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Alcohol won't make her a good wife

She'll just wait awhile and do it with some other guy that has a good line of bullshit. She's made up her mind. Ugly, unfinished story and straight shots of JD won't help.

2 stars

saxman1947saxman1947almost 3 years ago

A little contrived to create the plot twist in the car.

She exchanged the dress and lingerie on Friday, to be ready for Saturday morning, but you had to leave that out of the narrative. It appears that she is still trying to convince him to allow the weekend after she has exchanged the dress and lingerie. Also, what was the purpose of the note except to postpone revealing her decision to cancel her plans.

bruce22bruce22almost 3 years ago

The idea of forcing authores to write on a specific theme is offensive.

Do not confuse this with voluntary participation which has been so successful on the site.

The story was well constructed and it was nice to see a wife who woke. Too many stories on the same theme can wear out the taste buds.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

I'll say nicely done. I really got the impression that like most wives in these stories, that she wouldnt be smart enough to grasp the husband saying "No!!!" a thousand times really meant "no" and not "eventually I'll get over it honey".

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Great story!! Rarely do we have a wife come to her senses before she totally nukes her marriage. She lucky to have two very good friends looking out for her. I also don't get the comments about the husband being possessive and manipulating. Sort of a weird take on the story if you ask me.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

Somewhat above average telling of an often told story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The Summers guy needs a monthly ass kicking for a while

JClifeJClifealmost 3 years ago

I love this story. You nailed it. Excellent writing and dialogue! Creative storyline. Characters that you can actually give a shit about. Wonderful! Thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great realism. The story about John and Debi brought back the ememory of a part of my life that I can never forget and will always wonder how and why I reacted as I did. It was twenty years ago when my "friend" asked me to spend the night with her. I dropped my head in sadness and told her that if she had asked me to sleep with her a week earlier I would have stayed. I left her appartment but I knew that if I did I would never be able to truely leave her and yes, she is still in my heart.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

Loved it. John understood and I think Diane needs to know why he said [I understand]. Maybe that should be your next story. To see if she can understand that he didn't have a network of friends and days to realize how bad his temptation would have been. If he had not stopped, but crossed his "Rubicon", the threshold into Debi's room and the pleasures within.

That is true temptation...avoided...by true love. The love John had, for Diane. Thank you for this story. 5 stars.

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 3 years ago

I rarely give out 5 stars. I can remember 2 other stories I rated five. Now it’s three.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

Nice. She came to her senses, and the a-hole is discovering the "it's a small world". I imagine he violated the employment contract and due to the Davis' close connection to the Thomas' you can bet Fred will make sure that what ever he does is by the book and David will have no legal options. I hope David enjoys unemployment, and of course being fired for cause is going to help his career and future prospects. I wonder how long it will take him to learn "Would you like to make it a combo?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

great story, but plain or caramel M & M's taste better, and do not leave bits between the teeth..

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97almost 3 years ago

I really wanted to give you a 5. I have read many many of these stories on this site and all of them are a 1. This is an incomprehensible plot. While I can agree that many wives have decided to cheat on their husbands with someone they have just met after a few weeks or months what I cannot agree on is them telling their husband they are going to do it beforehand. I have no idea how any wife makes the decision to throw away a decades long loving relationship, and much more importantly-the rest of their lives, for one night of sex with a strange cock. Could the sex be hot, sure. Could it be great even, maybe but probably not. Would the event be heightened by the illicitness of it, yes. But in no way could one night of sex, even if it were the best of their life, and if it was that would make it even so much worse. be worth the relationship with your loving spouse for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. You get to get divorced and spend the rest of your later years being miserable because you threw away the best thing you ever had. For ONE night of sex.

This story premise is patently ridiculous.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747almost 3 years ago

After reading this story a second time, understanding David Summers was thinking with his small head instead of the one between his shoulders. You don’t fish in the company pond, you might hook more than you can handle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done, 5 stars. I'm a small business owner, and had to "counsel" a now ex-employee over their inappropriate advances towards an engaged woman. It's amazing how a simple thumb lock can convince craven assholes that their behavior needs modification.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

excellent story- don't think i have read any of your other work but i will now

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Riddle me this batbro, Take a look at the following chapter, cut from your story. Explain what is meant and supposed to be happening, as it still remains indecipherable:

"Diane arrived first at the bar and got a table for the three of them. As she waited she noticed the scene at the bar. Men and women were doing the dance of seduction; but to Janice, it seemed like the dance of desperation and loneliness. Was this to be her fate? She was saved from her thoughts by the arrival of her friends."

I appreciate a decent story, this would be one. I know you mentioned having good editing, but I can't imagine an editor who missed the above.

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very well done, to the point you took this plot. It is ripe for the sequel: "WHY"!

Adultery is a symptom, not the problem. Dianne has a problem with her marriage, and the predator she planned to fuck picked up on it. There will be others, unless more is acknowledged and solved. She planned and conspired and reveled in her adultery, dreaming of the romance and fucking she would enjoy. No where does the story illustrate Dianne drawing on her inner strength, her substance of character, her virtue, to end her adultery. If Dianne had not told anyone of her plans, if she had not received intense and continuous intervention from her husband and her friends, from External forces, she would have spent the weekend fucking the asshole and destroying her marriage. Dianne was pushed, even coerced, into cancelling the fuck fest she was looking forward to with enthusiasm and determination. Left to her own values and desires she would have become David's slut.

Which begs the question: What is wrong, or what has changed, that has caused Dianne to lose respect for herself, her marriage, her children, her values and ethics? Until she UNDERSTANDS why she made the choices and preparations to destroy her marriage, she is unreliable and unpredictable, and subject to a similar failure of intelligence and virture when the next opportunity arises. That is what this couple need to address. That is the problem to be explored and resolved.

That is why the future of this marriage is uncertain, and the story is unfinished. I hope someone will.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Now that is what I call a story. Worked perfectly

maninconnmaninconnalmost 3 years ago
Bravo!

Great story! Thanks for writing!

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

4 for this story.

You did a great job on the husband's side, but more work needed on the wife's side of the equation.

Keep writing, I like your style.

amanapamanapalmost 3 years ago

Really good and short.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your writing is fine! I gave this story four stars...so, why do you knock it?

Knock that shit off, stop wasting your time, and start writing us more good stories with such good plots, like this story! ;)

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

not bad, he stopped it before it got carried away. But she should've ended it before it started.

ranec1ranec1almost 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A very good take on the theme. I don't think he needs to say anything about what he did years ago at the convention. I don't see how that would help her "understand" or her need to know why he "understands". It is not about making them even as I see it as two very different things. She planned this for a couple of months as for some reason there is desire or need and she heard that David is very good in bed and she feels some how she deserves to find out for herself. His event was a drunkin one night experience that he ended before it got too far out of hand, They both did things they shouldn't have but his was unplanned.

He did say that if she leaves with him for the beach Saturday morning they can begin to work on saving their marriage. So the fact that she has issues and can still cheat again did not escape him. He is not guaranteeing anything other than a chance to work it out. The have to start over in a new relationship as she killed this one by just suggesting, and fighting hard, for the one night.

Prince020402Prince020402almost 3 years ago

Great story and it's great to read about a "good" decision once in awhile even thobit was prefaced with a bunch of bad decisions.

The only inconsistency that bugged me was in the epilog. It turns out that the VP of HR at Diane and David's company (Fred) is a fishing buddy and a family friend of theirs. Why the hell would Diana be surprised that John already knew of everything she and David had done up to that point? Why wouldn't her good friend and HR VP Fred either pull her into his office as soon as he sniffed trouble and help douse the situation while at the same time have a "discussion" with David about his future at the company if he continues to pursue married coworkers. Isn't that part of his job as HR even if the situation wasn't with a family friend?

If Diane wanted to have an affair there are much safer ways to go about it.....which begs the questions other commentors have raised - what if she had chosen someone else? Without her bosses wife to help talk her our of it she probably would have gone thru with it based on the mindset you gave her. So what was the lesson she learned? Don't cheat on your husband or don't cheat on your husband with someone in your company with his friends close by?

Very well written and conceived (other than a case of name confusion - happens to the best of us) so full marks.

....and Whackdoodle.....you're kidding, right?

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 3 years ago

Outstanding! A very enjoyable read. Thanks!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 3 years ago

Well ...

I don't know what to make of this.

The story turned into one big grey area.

Where opinions matter more than facts.

And facts are definitely missing here.

No rating from me.

KaripetKaripetalmost 3 years ago

A delightful read, and I won't bother nitpicking at some of the loose threads. Well done!

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumalmost 3 years ago

Very good One.

Four stars.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

Very good story

Thank you for sharing.

pointless points

More pointless points from Capt. Obvious. aks sbrooks103x.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

@luedon6 days ago

What a sad story

Another missed opportunity for happiness. Now she's stuck with a stodgy possessive husband for the rest of her life and she'll never know what delights Mr Summers may have delivered for her.

She'll spend the rest of her life wondering -- "if only".

"may have" would be the key words here. Or

he may have been a dud, or may have cost her everything she had held near and dear to her.

"if only" She had listened to her hubby and her friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Diane arrived first at the bar and got a table for the three of them. As she waited she noticed the scene at the bar. Men and women were doing the dance of seduction; but to Janice"

Should say Diane at the end, not Janice.

Please fix it, it really takes the reader out of the story.

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 3 years ago

This story rings true in my mind and heart. I too have been tempted. As a salesman, I was required to be away from home up to a week. My wife always trusted me. She never knew the times I took it too close to the boundary of our vows. I never cheated except in my mind. She never asked. I trusted her but admit I felt the need to verify sometimes, always ending up with nothing except my guilty conscience. Going near 50 years married I thank God for her and His fences. God used my faith to corral my brief moments of potential lust. Love this story ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Abrupt nonsense with a lot of phony talk between characters.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Read this again, and looked at the comments. Lue, you’ve made some ridiculous comments, as have I, over the years. But this one , saying the wife will always wonder what she missed by not cheating, has to be the dumbest one yet. The stodgy, possessive husband is now stuck with this cheating cow of a wife. What future delights is he forgoing by not cutting her loose and playing the field.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

i envision alot of counseling in their future but only after she burns the vs lingerie + outfit that was meant for lover boy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some of the comments are just bizarre. The husband wasn't controlling or abusive. If you feel that way then YOU need some help to figure out why you are projecting your own insecurities onto a fictional character. You can argue all you want but it's obvious that you are justifying your own behavior by complaining that the husband was controlling. So what is it? You fuck around and got caught? You were entitled to it after all right? You have an open relationship but resent that many don't agree with you? You like the whole cuckold or vixen/stag lifestyle but most don't respect your decisions? You lash out because you feel isolated? Well here is some free therapy from Ms Andi,

If you stepped out on your marriage in secret then it was wrong, full stop. I am not going to reference those cases where someone is abused. I am talking normal highs and lows of a typical marriage. You grew apart, one or both of you were working too hard, no communication etc. Not an excuse to cheat. Might explain why but not an excuse. So too is getting older and feeling unattractive not an excuse. Feeling like you need one last fling to sooth your ego is not an excuse. Grow the fuck up if these are your reasons. Marriage is about sharing a life together. It's sharing the wonderful and and horrible. It's putting your spouse and life together first. It's deciding that what you desire may not be in the best interest of your life together and so you don't do it. It's not, well if he loves me enough he would just let me have this. Why not if you love him enough? The narcissists always find ways of making themselves the victims even when they are perpetrating the offense. If you allow another person to come between you and your spouse, then YOU are at fault. Maybe marriage was a little stale but you need to be as vigilant as your husband or wife. You are responsible for bolstering defenses from outside interference. If you have screwed up then own it. Be better and stop blaming "controlling" because you didn't get your cake and eat it too. Communication is a required ingredient for a happy marriage. If you communicate and it still fails well then you gave it your best. The woman in this story didn't communicate. She didn't bolster their defenses. She wanted to change the contract to fill a narcissistic desire. That isn't honoring your husband. It isn't placing him first. The husband had every right to fight with everything he could to make her understand what she was destroying... the foundation of their marriage: trust, respect and honor. You can't have love without it.

Be better! - starsong1977

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDare2Bro@Dare2Bro
A reader who enjoyed the stories here and one day decided to give it a try myself. It has been a great experience and I thank everyone for the kind comments and educational suggestions. All my stories are stand-alone, complete stories. You may not care for where I finish my s...