I Want a Divorce Ch. 02

Story Info
What does it take to fix a marriage?
6.3k words
3.87
35k
53

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 07/19/2023
Created 07/07/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers

Author's note:

I've read many stories that seem to end at a divorce. I often wondered what happened during that waiting period before the divorce was final. Here is what happened between Jerry and April.

* * * *

Here is the end of chapter one:

At the motel I looked away without saying a word and shut the door. I had no idea what went on after I left. I drove home and tried to get some sleep. I got up in the morning and had some spam and eggs with toast. Around noon April came home and the first thing she said was "I'm sorry. I had to much to drink and you know how I get."

I looked at her and said, "I want a divorce." I spent the last twelve years of my life living with you because I love you but, still I did once have sex with Sarah. I regretted it and spent the last twelve years trying to make it up to you. When it came to sex you wanted nothing to do with me but I find you taking on two guys at once. When was the last time we had oral sex?"

"We already sleep in separate beds. I'll start looking for an apartment tomorrow. Until I find a place, I'm sure we can get along. You don't need to do anything for me. I want you to know that I really have always loved you but I can't forgive you just like you couldn't forgive me. Tell the kids whatever you want."

"Jerry, this is the first time,,,"

"I don't want to hear it. I don't know if I could believe you anymore. Seeing you with those men was the worst day of my life. It's something I'll never forget."

I found a one-bedroom apartment three days later. I talked to a lawyer and started a divorce stating irreconcilable differences. Time will tell how the rest of my life goes.

Chapter 2:

For the last three days April tried to talk to me. I told her I didn't want to talk about it. I had seen her cheating with my own two eyes and that was enough. I wouldn't believe her claim of only once anyway. It sure didn't look like her first time.

She kept trying to tell me that she had never done that before but I would keep cutting her off. I told her I don't care if it's the first time or the fiftieth time, I saw her and that we were through.

At the lawyers meeting we had to set up some rules for during this separation until our divorce was final. April wanted alimony even though she worked. She had started working in the department store when the kids started high school. She worked her way up to assistant manager in the women's clothing department. We agreed to me giving her two hundred a week for five years; unless she got remarried.

We had a lot of assets, we owned our house and had two cars. Her car was newer and had payments. My truck was older but paid for. We both had IRA's and twenty-five thousand in our saving account. Despite the fact that we lived in a fifty-fifty state, the lawyers argued over the assets for over a month. Still we ended up dividing the assets fifty-fifty. She wanted the home so she had to pay me forty thousand dollars for my half of the house; also ten thousand for my half of the contents.

She didn't like the idea of being back in debt but she wanted to keep our house and most of our furnishings. I took one of the bedroom suits, my computer and stereo plus my own personal belongings.

Our kids weren't surprised by our divorce; they all said they knew we didn't have a loving relationship. I couldn't tell them that their mother cheated on me. It would just hurt them and they already had to deal with the divorce. I knew their mother told them about my indiscretion many years ago but they knew better than to bring it up. They were just happy that we remained a family while they grew up.

I felt a lot better being out on my own. I missed April not being around and it really bothered me that she cheated on me the way she did. I had to wonder if she had really been cheating on me for years. I kept thinking how stupid I was to stay with her but I did it mostly for the kids.

I know April wanted to stay together and why wouldn't she want that? She had her cake and was eating it to until she got caught. I keep thinking what a fool I was for staying married. Was I to blind to see what she was doing? My parents loved her and I know she liked them. Her parents seemed to like me also. I guess we had put on a good front.

After I moved out April called me a few times a week. She kept telling me she wanted to talk. I kept telling her the same thing, that I know what she did but I didn't want to talk about it. A few times she told me that it was the first time it ever happened and she was sorry about it. I told her I didn't believe her and usually hung up.

Truth be known, I did want to know if it was the only time that she had cheated on me. I didn't believe her but I really wanted to know.

I still went out once in a while with my friends, but it wasn't the same. Some of them were married to April's friends and were always asking questions on what happened to our marriage? I didn't want to tell anyone she cheated on me. It was hard to hold in because everyone thought we had a good marriage.

I did have a best friend, Bob who was divorced. We had known each other since childhood. We attended the same high school and I was the best man at his wedding. He was married seven years and caught his wife cheating on him and got a divorce. He since then got remarried a few years later and has a nice wife and two kids. He also has a daughter from his first marriage. His second wife and April were friendly but didn't hang around together.

Bob and I were both on the same bowling team and one night after our game we went into the bar and I drank a little too much and told him my story and why I was getting divorced. I was happy to get it off my chest. Bob promised to keep it a secret and not even tell his wife.

About every two days I got a call from April. She wanted to discuss just about everything. One time it was about insurance, another time about a car repair, plumbing, cutting the grass and even changing a light bulb. I told her she wanted the house and that she had to deal with it. I did help her with a few things during the separation and before

the final decree was done. It would be six months before we would be divorced.

When she had a repair that I could do I would stop by the house when she wasn't there and fix it. Usually, it was the kids calling me and telling me about the problem. I wouldn't go when April was home. She wanted to know if we could still be friends and I told her that I would be cordial with her but not friends and that was for the kids and grand-kids' sake. I told her repeatedly I literately had no trust in her any more.

About a month after I moved out, I was on a downer and went to the bar to drink my problems away and who do I see there? Marge, the woman who was with my wife that awful night. I went up to her and asked her if we could talk.

"Jerry, I don't know if that's a good idea. If April finds out she will be awfully pissed that I talked to you."

"I just have a couple of questions and you can get back with your girlfriends."

She said a few words to her friends and then came and sat with me in my booth. Marge, please be honest with me. I promise I won't say anything to April. I know that wasn't the first time that April cheated on me. I just want to know how long it had been going on."

"Jerry, I don't feel comfortable talking about April. She's been my friend for a long time. Why don't you just ask her?"

"Because, I know she will lie to me and just wanted to know when her cheating started. I know that you know I cheated on her many years ago but we stayed together for the sake of the children."

"Ok Jerry, I know she had an affair with one of your friends many years ago. She told me that she went out with him to get even with you for cheating on her. I know she missed a few of our card games over the years. She said she had other appointments. When we went out, if she got drunk, she would always flirt.

"Do you know the names of any of the men she has been with?"

"Jerry, I've told you too much already. I'm sorry you found out but it's probably for the best."

"Just one more question Marge. That night I caught you and April. Can you tell me what happened?"

"We went to the review and drank way too much. I invited some guys back to our room. April didn't say anything, but did smile. When we got back to the room we undressed and were having sex. The third guy got undressed and actually forced his cock into April's mouth. She did say 'no' but he didn't listen to her and grabbed her head and force his dick in her mouth. She told him she doesn't like oral."

"What happened after I left?"

"The guy doing the oral came over to my bed and I gave him a blowjob. April let the guy fucking her finish and then went into the bathroom and cried. I'm sure she was sorry for doing it."

"No, she was sorry she got caught by me. Thank you, Marge. I promise I won't tell her we talked. Maybe after my divorce is final, we can go out for dinner." I wasn't planning on taking her anywhere but I wanted to somewhat ease her conscience. Now I had to find out which one of my so-called friends screwed my wife years go. I think I hag a pretty good idea.

Over the next couple of months, the only time I saw April was at one of the kids' houses for birthdays and holidays. I never stayed long. I knew there would be arguments and I didn't want to have them in front of my kids.

I went golfing with my friends. I wanted to find out which one was the bastard who helped ruin my marriage. I went golfing with Tony, Brad and Charlie. All three were married and all three used to kid around and flirt with April. We went out for drinks after playing a round of golf. Tony asked about April and how things were going. None of them knew why we filed for divorce. Their wives were all friends of April and belonged to the long running card club.

Tony was the kind of guy that always flirted with the waitresses. His wife Carol said that was just his personality and he didn't mean anything by it. Carol and Tony had three kids and Carol stayed on the heavy side after she had her kids. I remember Tony saying that he wished Carol had a shape like April. Now he was my prime suspect. I kept thinking back how he acted after I had sex with Sarah. I knew he was the one that told April that I flirted with other woman.

The next time April called and said she wanted to talk about her affair. I asked her which one and she was lost for words for a few seconds. "What do you mean which one, I only had the one?"

"That's not what Tony told me. What about years ago when you went out with Tony?"

She hesitated and said, "Whatever Tony told you was a lie! I never had an affair with Tony."

"I told you I could never believe you again. By the way, I would like to know what you did after I caught you giving a blow job and fucking another guy at the same time. Did you let them both finish or push them off?"

She hung up on me. I know she had to wonder what I knew. She didn't call me for over a week. Now, I had to find a way to get even with Tony. He belonged to a Wednesday golf league which he played after work. I knew in the past he would go to the bar after playing a round.

I saw him enter the bar after playing his round. I parked in the back and waited for him to come out. I took one of his irons and I had on a hat and a mask and as soon as he walked out, I hit him hard on the back of his head. He fell to the ground and I headed back to my car before being seen.

I drove away. I wasn't sure how I felt. I figured I had got even with him for having an affair with my wife. I stopped at my neighborhood bar and saw my friend Bob and sat with him and had a couple of beers. It was over an hour later when my cell phone rang. It was April.

"What did you do?"

"April?" I knew it was her but she rarely called my cell phone. "What are you talking about?"

"Tony is in the hospital. Carol told me he was hit over the head with his own golf club. I know it was you."

"Are you nuts? Why would I hit Tony? When and where did this happen? I've been here at the bar with Bob for a couple of hours. It's getting late, I'll go see Tony after work tomorrow." I hung up and explained the call to Bob that Tony was beat up and is in the hospital. We agreed we would go see him the next day.

By April calling me and trying to blame me I was sure it was with Tony that she had the first affair.

As I reflected on my actions the next day, I knew I wasn't in my right mind because I would never do something like this. Actually, I felt kind of bad when Bob and I went to the hospital the next day. Carol, his wife had been crying. She said the doctor put Tony in an induced coma because he had a brain swelling.

We sat with her for a few minutes and talked with her. She mentioned that the police didn't have a lead on who or why they beat up Tony. I really did feel sorry for her. The doctors said they wouldn't know more until the swelling went down. I told her I would stop again in a couple of days after he came out of the coma.

As we were getting up to leave in came April and Marge. They both gave me a strange look. Bob and I said our goodbyes and left. Bob said the way Tony always flirted with the ladies that it's no wonder that some boyfriend or husband hadn't beat him up earlier. I just kind of agreed with him.

Tony was in intensive care for a couple of days. The brain swell went down and the doctors said he had a concussion. He would be staying in the hospital for a couple of more days for observation. They did say he should have a complete recovery. Carol thanked us again for coming in to see him. The support meant a lot to her.

Over the next couple of months, I didn't see a lot of Tony. He did play golf with us but he didn't go out for drinks afterwards. Also, he never mentioned April to me again. A few days after he got out of the hospital, I received a visit from Carol. She said she just wanted to talk.

"Jerry, about ten or twelve years ago I found out Tony was cheating on me. I was pregnant and had the big belly. He wouldn't tell me who he was with but the perfume smell he had on his clothes was the same kind that April used. I confronted him about it and he denied it was with April and said he was sorry and that the affair was over. He did say it wasn't with April but it was about the same time you and April were on the outs."

"Why didn't you tell me at the time. I would have looked into it."

"I confronted April and she denied having an affair with Tony. I kept an eye on them both and they didn't seem as flirty as they once were. I didn't want to get you involved and let it go. I thought about it recently since Tony was beat up. It wasn't you was it, Jerry?"

"No, it wasn't me. I was having beers with Bob that evening. I never knew that April was having an affair. Especially with one of my friends."

"Thank you for talking to me. I'm sorry I brought it up but it was on my mind and seeing April at the hospital brought back old memories."

"No need to apologize Carol, you'll always be my friend." I gave her a hug but did feel sorry for her. She really was a nice person.

Most of Aprils friends had stopped talking to me. I did play golf with their husbands but rarely saw their wives. I guess it was pick-a-friend time and they picked April. In the time before the divorce was final April kept asking me if there was a chance of us getting back together.

I told her there was no-way that I would go back with her. I told her I knew now that she had been cheating on me for years and at the very time that I was trying to be a good husband and father. The only sex she ever gave me was when she was drunk. We should have divorced years ago but I stayed for the kids, so we could be a family.

The day our divorce was final I felt relief and at the same time very sad. I really did love April but I realized that she didn't feel the same. The day of the divorce I met Bryan a guy I worked with. He was divorced so we went out bar hopping. We used cabs because we didn't want to drive drunk. I expected to get quite inebriated.

We started out at a gentleman's club; the drinks were kind of expensive but the entertainment was great. We stayed for an hour or so and then hit a few of the neighborhood bars that had some type of entertainment; usually a local band or jukebox music. It was a weekend so they were quite crowded. A woman came up to me and I couldn't believe it was Sarah, the gal I had the affair with twelve years ago.

"Hi Jerry, long time no see."

"Sarah, I thought you moved away years ago, how are you?"

"I'm fine, I got divorced about eight years ago. We didn't see eye to eye. I moved back to town last year. This is my friend Cheri. I was showing her around town. She moved here a couple of months ago."

"This is my friend Bryan; we've known each other most of our life. Would you two like to join us?"

"What about your wife? Wouldn't she have something to say about this?"

"Bryan and I are kind of celebrating my divorce. It was finalized today."

She looked at her friend Cheri and said, "In that case, we'll help you celebrate."

The four of us were having a hell of a good time, dancing, drinking and a lot of flirting. It was getting late and Bryan asked the girls if they would like to get a room and continue the party. They both said 'yes' and we got a motel room with two king size beds. We were drinking screw drivers so I bought a bottle of vodka and two quarts of orange juice from the bar we were in and headed to the motel.

Bryan slipped me a Viagra, which I have never taken before. He told me I would be glad I did. The sex with these two ladies was probably the best I ever had. I started with Sarah and after a while we switched partners and I had sex with Cheri. Between the four of us we finished off the vodka and then fell asleep.

In the morning, when we woke up, we all took showers and took the ladies out for breakfast. I told Sarah that it was the best time I had in a long time. I got both hers and Cheri's phone numbers and we took them back to their car at the last bar we were at and then our cab dropped us off at my apartment. I thanked Bryan for a great evening and said we should do it again sometime.

I decided right then that from that day on I'm going to fully enjoy my life. I'll spend some time with the kids and grand-kids and start dating once in a while. I'll no longer worry about April and what she's doing. We both made our beds and we can both sleep in them separately.

A lot of readers wanted to know what April had to say so I thought I'd end this story with April's point of view.

April Speaks:

Jerry and I met at my girl-friend's graduation party. We didn't go to the same high school but found out we had some of the same friends. We started dating and I ended up working at his sister's party store. Jerry went to college during the day and worked in the evenings.

We would kiss and make out a lot but not have sex. We dated for months before that happened. I was baby-sitting for his sister and he came by the house after work. We started making out and he was feeling me up. I let it go further and we ended up having sex. I was a virgin and it hurt some but then began to feel pretty good.

After that we had sex whenever we had a chance. We were just two young people having sex without a care in the world. We never used protection and I got pregnant. I told Jerry's sister and she said I better talk to Jerry soon. She told me she knew he would do the right thing.

I told him that night and he said he would marry me. I told him he didn't have to; I could manage on my own. You see, the problem was we were just two young people having sex. I liked Jerry a lot but it was more lust than love. I'm sure Jerry felt the same way about me.

We got married and found a small apartment down the street from his sister's store. I worked right up to the time I had the baby. Jerry went to school and worked a full-time job as well. On the weekends he worked at the store for extra money. After the semester ended, he quit college. He was just too worn out.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers
12