All Comments on 'I was On My Way to Salisbury'

by Sean943

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
Needs an editor

This could have been a fun little story but it was spoiled for me by too many grammatical and spelling errors together with a number of incorrectly used words: for example, the girls went to a naturist beach, not a naturalist beach (check the difference). The story really needed a good editor. Again, I know it's only a story but I find it hard to accept that a woman officer in the Royal Military Police (or indeed any regiment but particularly the RMP) would go in for exotic dancing classes and shows, especially in a place with many military personnel around. The story was okay but could have been very much better.

Sean943Sean943almost 4 years agoAuthor

It is a work of fiction, editorial points made are correct but were required by the site. Been a challenge getting clarity on site requirements, compromise is what you see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sorry. Today's British Army does not permit its officers to do things which would bring the service into disrepute. A captain was severely disaplined, with loss of rank, after being photographed dancing naked at Glastonbury a couple of years ago.

Fortunately the military is becoming easier on LGBTQ issues in the ranks, yet even officers can - and do - encounter abuse from their colleagues.

Anyway.

Lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors - there not their, for example.

The story was not too bad, the sex very much as a male writing a lesbian tale would play it, although having attended a few 'events' at stately homes myself I would guess what you described was different from my own experiences. (They did lead to me and a girlfriend having a wonderful summer as performers at Manumission, Ibiza, having wild and open three-way lesbian sex with air stewardesses, holiday reps and clubbers on a little stage amongst the crowds each evening. And we got lovely tans.)

Surprised you never mentioned the famous 'things' at Porton Down; or was the Official Secrets Act in force?

Lexi

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSean943@Sean943
Career; apprentice engineer to Company Director. I have had a number of blog stories published on the web and on this site, short stories which have been based on real life events. Some of my stories are provocative and erotic. Each story has a message about how we see ou...