Ice and Lightning Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That one hurt. My mate could be vicious. I continued. "I know it was wrong to not prepare you, but I just couldn't. I ran from saying the words. I didn't want my parents to make a public scene because they were expecting grandchildren, so when I left you two after you became mated, I went directly to their court. I felt that if they knew both their sons were mated to a human, and in love with her, they would be too embarrassed to reveal it. That actually worked, but if we go through the sealing ceremony, it all comes out to everyone else. Sealing ceremonies with humans have to be sanctioned by the council and the priestesses. No matter how hard we try, it will come out." I saw that Gabriel had not known that the council had to sanction it. His understanding set in as I told her "I just wanted to protect you, us, and our future children. The Yelarian royal court is not a place where that can happen."

LYRA

What the fuck?! I did not know what to think. I didn't care about anything Caed was saying except that we could be in danger. I knew his parents were terrible, but I didn't realize they had actual armies at their disposal. Then a calm, I'm sure prompted by anger, overcame me. I cooly said "I want what I want. It was always going to come out anyway so no better time than the present." Caed opened his mouth to say something but I threw my hand up again, and he closed it. I don't know what you assholes are going to do, but I am going to sleep in the big bed and no one is coming with me."

I tossed and turned that night. I was worried about this royal court situation, but that was never going to change so I just had to deal with it. My second problem was that I always had at least one of them in bed with me for over a year and I felt the void. Lastly, we hadn't had sex for a couple of days, and I had other plans for tonight. So here I was, worrying about royal armies, sexually frustrated, and laying in this huge bed, alone. I got almost no sleep.

The next morning, I was surprised and thrilled to learn that our family operated as a democracy. I had always considered Caed the leader, I guess because he had brought me here in the beginning and had tried to protect me from Gabriel. I was ready to fight, but then he said he would acquiesce to the majority if Gabriel and I chose to go ahead with the sealing ceremony.

I wanted it so badly. I was still human at heart and it felt like a marriage. I know their mating bond was stronger than that, but that was their thing; this was mine. I had told them about human weddings. Caed made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that a Yelarian sealing ceremony was not a wedding. I knew I could incorporate the two. Even though I was immortal and mated to two Yelarians, I was happy to be bringing some of my world into theirs.

I would have given anything to have my family there, but even if they could have come, my mates made sure I knew this was not a spectacle for others to witness. Nevertheless, these fuckers were going to humor me, even if we did end up getting blood all over my white dress.

GABRIEL

Whew! She was ANGRY! I had never been "put in my place" by a female. No one, really. It was odd and very definitely unsettling, compounded by the fact that it was my mate, who was always so positive and joyful and horny. It had been a rough night for all of us.

Caed was understandably worried about the repercussions of going public. He though it exposed us all to danger. I thought a little differently; if Yelarians knew the Yelarian Angel of Death had taken a human mate and made her immortal, and Caed was part of that triad, no one would dare challenge us or question our power. There was also the fact of me wanting redemption for the things I had done to Lyra and, if she wanted to go public, I wanted everyone to see that she was powerful enough to "tame" me.

Caed became happier and more relaxed as plans progressed. Having Lyra wear my mark always, stirred something in my core, and she was over the moon. She was constantly talking about weddings. She wanted us to be sealed in Caed's room because it was "bright and airy." She had been busy hanging fabrics and telling us what she wanted everyone to wear. We consulted with the priestess who had to set the magic for the ceremony and she was so intrigued and amused by it all that she helped Lyra acquire the clothing and decorate. This had turned into quite an event. Yelarian sealing ceremonies were somber, quick, and fierce. As with everything, Lyra had turned it into a delight, full of love and light. It was ridiculous. This was going to be a blood bath.

12