Ice Queen Ch. 04

Story Info
Finding Love in a War Zone.
7.5k words
4.8
10.5k
35

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/12/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Chrisrov
Chrisrov
119 Followers

First up i must apologise for the long break. Life in general got in the way with a lot of dips in the bumpy road of life.

This is Chapter 4 in this story. It is advisable to read the other chapters to see how this all starts.

These ideas run through my head everyday.



I have read many, many stories, there are some truly amazing authors here.

I hope this goes over well, and if it's well received Ch 5 will be forthcoming.



I would like to thank Maximusthemad for his assistance with the editing of this chapter. You sir are the bees knees thank you very much.

I'd like to point out that this a story and you never let the facts get in the way of a story. It's the imagination that is truly beautiful.

Regards



Chris

*****

With the Blitzed Angel written off and the Guardian Angel severely shot up we were down to four aircraft and six crews. Good for easy rotation, bad for numbers. With that the Guardian and Blitzed Angel crews were given orders to return home.

Rick and Louise were already Stateside. I thought it would be good to unwind and try to relax and forget about things that were happening here. Easy to say, hard to do. It took nearly a month to get us out of the desert.

I was in constant contact with my family. When the plane landed in Kirtland AFB, I felt greatly relieved. As I came down the stairs, I scanned the crowd for any familiar faces. I spotted mom and dad and my siblings even before I was halfway down. Mom was crying tears of joy. Dad was his usual stoic self until I went to shake his hand. He pulled me into the tightest hug I'd ever received from him with him whispering in my ear how proud he was of me. Now that brought a tear to my own eyes, recognition from dad meant everything to me.

We were shaken out of our reunion by a resonating voice.

"Corporal Andrews!"

I spun around to see a two-star Marine General bearing down on us. I snapped to attention along with my brother and sister and saluted smartly.

"Sir yes sir." I replied.

The General returned my salute.

"I owe you a debt that is impossible to repay. My wife and I wish to invite you and your family to our home for an Official celebratory dinner," he said, handing me an invitation.

I introduced him to my parents. He shook my mom's hand gently, but dad just scowled.

"I've never shaken your hand, Oz; it's always been a tap on the shoulder, you old ratbag," Dad said.

The General looked shocked. "Hold on, is that you Tommy Gun?"

Seems the General and Dad went way back when they served together in Vietnam. When Dad was a Gunnery Sergeant and the General was a baby Lieutenant.

"Wow now I know where you get your fearlessness from, son. Your father saved my ass a few times in the past. Now, I'm looking forward to catching up with both of you. Full dress uniform. You too Gunny. If it still fits." He laughed.

"My uniform still fits how about yours?" Dad quipped.

"Ah no. Unfortunately, Gunny I look forward to seeing you all soon." He turned to me. "I know of one person in particular who wishes to see you Corporal."

It was then the penny dropped, General Osbourne was Heather's father.

"Permission to speak freely sir?" I asked. He nodded his answer. "How is the Captain doing sir?" I asked quietly.

"It hasn't been easy Corporal, but the nightmares are less frequent. However, your antics didn't help either." He saw something in my posture change. "No, you're flying antics Corporal. We are all and I mean all of us are looking forward to the dinner. Now I've got to go, I've wasted enough of your time with your family. Good to see you home."

With that he just turned and walked off.

The trip home mom grilled me about the General's daughter and Louise was only too happy to fill in the blanks I'd deliberately left out. When she didn't Rick did. Dad just laughed at how impossible it was falling in love with an officer no less a General's daughter.

The night of the gala was finally upon us. Dad looked every part the retired US Marine Gunnery Sergeant and mom looked radiant in a splendid cocktail dress. Louise wore her USAF dress uniform proudly wearing her new rank of Captain. Rick wore his Rangers uniform at the rank of Staff Sergeant. I hadn't received any promotions but was proud to wear my uniform.

Mom was upset when she saw the Purple Heart with the 3 clusters on it, she knew what it meant. The Bronze star for a door gunner on a Pave Low meant I was putting myself out there just a little too often.

We turned up in the limo that was sent for us. Dad escorted mom up the stairs and was announced at the door. Then it was our turn. As I looked around, all I could see was a sea of officers (mainly high ranking), Senators and their wives and various CEOs of big corporations. I was well and truly out of my league there. I slipped over to a quiet corner just to be out of people's way. Then I heard a sneering voice.

"Oh, Corporal get me a fresh drink."

I looked up at the sound of the voice to see it was Lieutenant Colonel Williams.

"My apologies sir but I'm a guest not a servant today."

"Maybe so, but you're still a Corporal and I'm a Lieutenant Colonel so just consider it an order. Champagne thanks. Off you go."

"Yes sir."

I grabbed him a glass of bubbles and made my way back to his position. Waiting patiently to give him the glass. He was boasting about his exploits about how he saved Captain Osbourne from the insurgents on the day of the crash. I was silently fuming I was about to walk off when he stated he was going to ask the General for his daughter's hand. As he put it, with his name and her daddy's contacts the hill would be all conquerable as far as he was concerned. Now that she was desk bound, he had been using all his talents to pursue her relentlessly and had won the battle for her heart.

When I got his attention, I handed him the bubbles and he smirked, "I did tell you your betters would break the Ice Queen."

I turned and stalked off. I was seething, Rick spotted me and dragged me off to one side to calm me down.

Unbeknownst to me Louise had met Heather almost as soon as she got to the party and was introduced to JJ, he was besotted with her. The three of them were having a good conversation till sis let it slip that she had two brothers in the Army, a Ranger and a Pave low door gunner. The conversation stopped at that moment when Heather spilled her drink.

JJ asked if her brother's name was Steve and she said yes, then sis turned to Heather and exclaimed, "Oh my god it's you. You're the Heather he talks about. You're the one he saved from those animals. Oh my god, oh my god. He hasn't seen or heard from you in nearly six months, yet he still talks about you."

"There you are sweetheart."

"I'm not your sweetheart Gerald give it a rest. It's not going to happen - ever. No way in hell. So, don't ask me to marry you in front of all these people 'cause I will just embarrass the hell out of you by saying not a chance in hell. Got it!?"

"You might try to embarrass me but what about your father considering he is trying to get into politics? So, say no if you like but you will be responsible for killing your daddy's political career before it even starts," he chuckled.

He turned to Louise, looking her up and down and observing her name bar.

"Are you related to the Corporal Andrews that's slinking around here?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm his younger sister."

"Well it seems that manners definitely weren't taught in your family, you will address me as sir understand Captain."

"When I see an officer that is deserving of being called sir I most definitely will. Now you are interrupting a private conversation, please take your rancid behavior elsewhere."

A few people nearby sniggered at sis's insult.

"I'll get you for that remark Captain, mark my words your career is over," he sneered as he turned and stormed off.

Heather sighed, "Why did that weasel save me? I'd rather have died. He's been holding it over me ever since. I think he's the one who got me grounded and the desk job back here. Right under his snotty little snout. I'd rather die than have that horrendous man sweating over me."

Louise looked at her in shock.

"He what?" she demanded.

"He saved me after the crash. He said that some insurgents were coming over the rise so he shot and killed them before dragging me 5 miles to a safe LZ."

"That's fucking bullshit!" Louise exclaimed.

JJ looked on in shock.

"He's getting the Silver Star for his heroism."

"Again, that's fucking bullshit!" Louise exclaimed. "Come with me," she said as she pulled Heather towards the powder room.

JJ followed till he saw where they were headed. Louise grabbed his hand and pulled him in as well.

"You need to see this too!" she exclaimed. "I can get in serious trouble for this. It hasn't seen the light of day since your crash. I was there as Overwatch and recorded the whole incident. I need you to watch and not say anything and I mean nothing. Promise me that please, or it will cost me my career."

She pulled her iPhone out of her pocket and selected a file.

Heather gasped, "OH my god, no, no, no, I can't watch. Tell me it didn't happen."

"Just watch!" Louise snapped.

Heather knew it was me because I always turned on my Infra-red strobe on my helmet each and every time, I was on the ground away from the Guardian Angel. Heather watched as I charged in and eliminated the potential rapists. She watched as I took care of her covering her up then carrying her the five miles to safety.

Heather looked shocked then the Ice Queen came forth.

"That slimy little fuck, taking Steve's glory. I want that weasel to suffer publicly for stealing Steve's glory. To think he laid the guilt on so thick I was actually feeling indebted to him. Almost to the point of considering his marriage proposal. Aaahhhhh that mother-fucker!"

"You can't tell him that you have seen this footage from me remember," pleaded Louise.

"Don't worry Heather doesn't betray friends of the guy she loves."

Heather looked at JJ with daggers.

"So, it's true you do love my brother. Oh my god, that's amazing. He gets so wound up when he can't see you. I can always tell when he's seen you. It's in the tone of his voice and the way he writes his mail. You are the reason he fights so damn hard to get his tasks completed."

"Well it's not that simple Louise. He keeps me at a distance because of the fraternizing bullshit. He thinks that I care about that, I wish he'd man up and kiss me."

"No Heather you don't understand, Steve, hell all of us were brought up that way. Dad was a Gunnery Sergeant and hated Officers with a passion, so he flipped when I joined as an officer. I know he is struggling when he's around you. He just wants to go caveman on you but won't because you deserve to be treated with the utmost respect as an Officer in the Army."

"Augh! Men. Why do you have to complicate everything?"

"Hey, ease up we don't always complicate things. Some of us just follow the rules and the examples our fathers set for us. Steve is a prime example; he wants to speak to you all the time but he doesn't want to ruin your career. He can't give two flips about his career, but he cares deeply about how it affects you. So, don't get too angry with him. I know what I want. I've met the future mother of my children. Now I've just got to convince her to walk on the dark side."

"Hey easy Tiger. I'm not ready to have babies yet," giggled Louise. "But I'm gonna test run your body later to see if you can keep up."

"I'm going to see if Dad knows about this footage."

Heather walked out with JJ and Louise following.

Dad was talking quietly with mom, when the brash Lieutenant Colonel Williams strolled up to them. Mom acknowledged his presence, but Dad just ignored him.

"Now I see where the Andrews children get their manners from. Gunny aren't you supposed to salute your betters?"

Dad was bristling when mom piped up.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sir," the sarcasm dripping from her mouth. "Thomas can only recognize his betters when they aren't arrogant ass wipes like yourself. He could shit a better officer than you. Now disappear you inconsequential little man, and you stand at attention and salute a Medal of Honor recipient and keep you smarmy remarks to yourself."

With that dad turned slowly around and watched the color drain from the Colonel's face.

"Well don't you recognize your betters?" Mom asked the Lieutenant Colonel. "My Thomas is waiting for your salute, so you can fuck off!" Mom growled at the man.

Lieutenant Colonel Williams saluted and disappeared into the crowd.

Mrs. Osbourne watched the little fray and chuckled at Gerald's discomfort. She walked over to Mom and Dad.

"It's about time someone put that blowhard in his place," Mrs. Osbourne remarked.

"My apologies Ma'am," Dad replied.

"None needed Gunny. Your wonderful wife had every right to blow him off like that. Besides, if he'd said that to me about my daughter or husband, I'd have decked him and damn the consequences."

"I like your attitude!" Mom exclaimed. "This is my wonderful, devoted husband Thomas Andrews, Gunnery Sergeant retired, and my name is..."

"Mavis. Yes, I know. Your beauty precedes you. My name is Grace. Nice to meet you. I've known about you and Thomas for over 40 years. I'm glad we've finally had a reason to meet. Your husband saved the life of my Reginald in Vietnam. It was because of that he became the recipient of the second Silver Star. He was and still is a very brave man. I've never had the opportunity to thank you Gunny, without you I wouldn't have my Reggie or Heather. So, thank you with all my heart," she gushed, as she leaned in to give dad a tight hug.

He looked embarrassed at the open affection received from another's wife but took it in stride as he held mom's hand.

Rick led me over to Mom and Dad. We saw Dad wearing his MOH and we were about to salute when he stepped in and hugged us tightly.

"This is the first time I've worn this since I left the service. None of my children will ever salute me. I'm your father not a Military hero. Enough said, ok boys?"

We both grinned as we agreed to his wish. Mom introduced us to Mrs. Osbourne. When I was introduced her eyes became wide with shock.

"You're kidding me right. Gunny it's your son that saved my daughter Heather."

Tears formed as she struggled to keep them at bay. Mom passed her a tissue discreetly to save her makeup. Next thing I know I'm in a crushing hug from Heather's mother with her whispering her thank yous in my ear.

When I was released, she asked, "Well Corporal or can I call you Steve?"

"Steve sounds better Ma'am and I was doing my job. Anyone else would have done the same. With a few exceptions of course."

She smiled at the barb directed at a certain someone.

It was at that moment Heather turned up with JJ and Louise in tow. I stepped back but her mother and mom noticed my body posture change. Heather turned and noticed me, and her smile just lit up her face.

"I know what happened that day. I know it was you that saved me, and I know you carried me five miles to safety."

She reached out to me and I didn't move as I felt her fingers brush my cheek.

"You are such a brave man just running in like that. The odds were against you but you went in anyway. Why did you do that? And if you tell me it's your job, we'll all know you're lying to yourself and me."

Heather's mother noticed my discomfort.

"Heather dear, this is Steve's mom, Mavis and Father, Thomas Andrews, Gunnery Sergeant retired."

Heather turned and smiled and looked at Dad and was about to salute when he stepped in and held her arm at her side.

"I don't expect my children to salute me nor do I expect the children of my friends either. Understood Major?" He asked and chuckled. "But I will accept a hug."

With that Heather hugged Mom and Dad. Mom and dad were introduced to JJ and Louise and Heather's mother and father. I was glad the answer to Heathers question was forgotten.

"Gunny" a voice boomed.

"Yes Oz. What can I do for you?" Dad replied.

"Well, you could have a drink with this old war horse and toast your son's bravery. Actually, our family's bravery to be honest." He turned to his valet, "Champagne for the women and Bourbon neat for the men please."

"Yes sir, coming up."

The drinks arrived and we all just talked about this and that. Well, they talked, I just watched Heather's beautiful face, crystal blue eyes, bobbed straw-blond hair, button nose, ruby red lips that looked so kissable and her cheeks that were rosy from smiling. I just drank the picture of her in because I knew I was doomed if I told her how I felt. I didn't notice that the moms were watching me the whole time.

They looked at each other and smiled. They saw how I felt, so then they started watching Heather.

Heather kept looking at me expectantly. I think. Well I hope she knew the answer and just wanted me to verbalize it.

"Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, if you could make your way into the dining room, dinner will be served."

With that, I followed everyone into the dining room. It was huge. There were staff on hand to escort us to our tables. Luckily, we were sitting as a family with a southern Senator's aid Rodger and his wife Elaine joining us and only had a couple of spare seats at our table. The General and family were seated towards the front of the room and our table was near the bar at the rear.

"Convenient," I thought, as I got drinks for the table as soon as we sat down.

I did notice that LTC Williams was seated at Heathers table along with a few other high-ranking officers. I positioned myself so I could see her. Her body language told me she definitely wasn't enjoying someone at the table.

Dinner was fabulous. The conversation flowed around our table. It was like a family dinner to us and the extras at the table were well suited to our sense of humor. Our table was laughs-a-minute compared to the General's table, which seemed stiff and forced. I could tell Heather wanted to get away, but she was boxed in by LTC Williams and some elderly lady.

At the end of the meal, a false wall was removed to open the area with a dance floor.

The band started to play softly, mom looked at dad, "Shall we handsome?"

Dad smiled and escorted his wife to the floor and they effortlessly glided around. It only took a few minutes for others to join them.

"You should go and save Heather from the insufferable ass Steve," Louise piped up.

"Not a chance in Hell Sis, officers don't dance with enlisted!"

I saw JJ making his way over. He paused in front of Louise and extended his hand.

"Would you do me the honor of having the first dance with me?" he asked.

Sis took his hand and he led her off to dance.

I looked at Rick, "Don't even think about" it he laughed, "legal not compulsory besides you're not my type."

We continued to chat with the other people at the table and I went for another round of drinks. Shortly, the band master asked for ladies' choice and the women walked around asking to dance. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Heather's mom Grace standing behind me.

"So, Steve, care to dance with the General's wife? Let's show these stiff-necked morons the stupidity of their old-fashioned rules."

"Yes Ma'am, I'd be honored to dance with you."

I led her out onto the floor and started to dance the way mom taught us kids. I was rusty but I didn't embarrass myself.

After a few minutes Grace looked at me, "You love my daughter don't you Steve."

"It's a moot point Ma'am, your daughter is an officer in the US Army and a Major to boot. I'm enlisted, we are like oil and water, not supposed to mix."

"True, but you still haven't answered my question. Besides, I didn't give birth to a US Army Major; I gave birth to a beautiful little girl who had turned into a strikingly beautiful and intelligent woman, who could have any man she wants, and I believe I know what's in her heart. I'm hoping I've read you well enough to know what's in yours."

Chrisrov
Chrisrov
119 Followers
12