Ides of March Pt. 02

Story Info
No more decisions to make, or is there?
10k words
3.67
44.3k
60

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/17/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Barb Wrestles with her Decisions

This story has been in my head for quite some time. That creates a problem; I put snippets on paper here and there, and then struggle to bring the dialogue and the tenses all together into something readable.

That's where neuroparenthetical, a skilled and wonderfully patient editor, comes in. He really helped bring this story to life. His suggestions actually made me decide how to reformat the story to the reader's benefit, and publish in separate parts, instead of one long, hot mess. Thanks NP!

Hope you enjoy.

Relax, it's only a story people!

Barbara

Our daughter Desiree's wedding invitation arrived today. The wedding, we've all know about for some time. Somehow though, Desi had overlooked sending an invite to probably the two most important people on the guest list; her mom and dad. Mark, our oldest, is still in school, working on his Masters in Biochemical Engineering. Holding the invite in my hand, and thinking about how and where I'd met her father, has me recollecting the past. I suppose that my now ex-husband Rob's phone call asking if we could meet at his home tomorrow has plenty to do with my mindset too. It's been a long time since Rob and I have been in the same room alone together, let alone had a conversation.

That entire day was such a mixture of highs and lows. Rob and I had so much fun - which had started the night before, actually. We'd even met Billy 'the Beast' at the front desk and gotten his autograph. Then the awards ceremony came. Accepting the award, I looked out upon my children and my husband and felt their pride and love from where they stood cheering. I wanted to cry, I was so happy. It was one of the best moments of my life. I'd seen the poster board on the easel at registration. Of course I knew who Billy was. After all, he was my favorite player on my favorite team. Billy 'the Beast' Bronson was 6' 3-1/2 ", and two hundred-sixty-five pounds of solid, 100% corn fed Nebraska steer. Despite the danger from the neck down, Billy had the cutest little pug face with a scrunched up nose, and the deepest blue eyes I've ever seen on a man. Without the helmet, his curled, golden locks flowed down to shoulder length.

I read the auction announcement with great interest as the staffers at the table prepared our badges. Rob was preoccupied with something or other.

When I told him about the charity auction, he was not thrilled. But, like the great husband he is, Rob quickly realized that it was part of why we were here - why I was here - and he changed his attitude. He isn't always like that; Rob has the ability to stand his ground, and he's also a darn good negotiator. Best of all, he has the common sense to know which tack to take and when. It's just another reason I love him so.

The minute we entered the room, I was already talking myself out of it. We'd had a wonderful time so far, and we still had two days to explore as a family. What was I thinking? I only budgeted and brought $500 with me. No way would that pittance would get me a date with the all-pro linebacker. Those thoughts made me actually peruse the tables along the three walls of the small banquet room. Had there been anything of interest that Rob or I couldn't get much cheaper online, I probably would have passed on my dream to bid on Billy.

I knew Rob hadn't read the billboard; if he had, he would have strenuously objected. That's putting it mildly. Even though I had no intention of winning Billy, and definitely no plans to ever have sex with him or any other man, Rob would have been protective, not allowing me to get myself into a situation like that in the first place. Because I had no chance, I chalked it up to a little personal fantasy in my head. I'd dream later of what it would have been like to actually win a night with Billy, and to be swept away by the handsome prince.

I wasn't afraid when the power went out, but when the fire alarm sounded and the strobes came on, my first thoughts were for my children. This is a goliath of a hotel, and not knowing their whereabouts terrified me. I was a wreck. Rob tried to console me as we walked out to the designated staging area. When I saw Mark and Desiree in the lobby running up to us, I was overcome with relief.

Then the lady with the clipboard came up to us. I handed my purse to Rob and said I'd be right back. That had turned out to be the first lie of the night, although, at the time, I really thought I would be back. Backstage, the woman, Lauren, started going through the rules - what she called the 'long print.' My heart was in my throat, and I thought I was hearing her wrong. 'The Act' clause - short for an 'act of God'- stated that any unforeseen mishap involving the regulation or finalization of the bidding process would result in the last recognized bid being declared the winner. I wasn't sure if that was mine or not, and Lauren wouldn't say. But I knew I had at least a chance.

Lauren lined us up, stage left, as Billy walked past me to join the emcee. I was standing first in line! Lauren told everyone to follow the announced winner out on stage to applaud, for optics.

That damned emcee sounds like she's reciting 'War and Peace' out there. Get on with it already so I can inhale, was what I was thinking. When they said the words "Barbara Stanton" I thought I would pass out.

I'd had so many things swirling around in my mind it almost felt like I wasn't thinking at all. The kids and my husband were not among them, even though they were somewhere right in front of me, in the crowd. I was running on pure adrenaline. Billy reached out and took my hand. Moments later, he held it up in victory as the Ides of March theme music played and the crowd cheered. The lights flashing onto the stage made it impossible to see anyone in the crowd. We were led off, stage right, with Billy still holding my hand. I had no idea we were being led out through the kitchen entrance to a waiting limo.

In the hallway, I regained some sanity. "Where are we going?" I asked Billy, or the security people accompanying, or anyone at all.

"On our date, beautiful," was all he said, while smiling.

In the limousine, Billy watched me closely as I took in my surroundings and my current state of good fortune. I could see he was amused by my facial expressions, as though similar things happened to him every day. He would prod with little questions: "Are you excited?" and "Can you believe it?" I was very quiet, which was odd since I'm no introvert. I just couldn't get my head around what was happening.

We arrived at the Paris hotel for our French themed meal. Stepping out of the limo, Billy asked, "Do you want a selfie with me before we go in?" That's when I realized that my purse was with Rob. No phone, no ID, nothing. The magazine had a film crew of two that accompanied us through the hotel. They took several stills as we were seated, and staged us holding menus, as if to read them, while smiling broadly.

Finally, we were left alone to enjoy our scripted date. I felt the need to break some ice. "Will...Billy, I'm sorry I've been so out of it. I just can't believe this is happening."

Again, he seemed to consider me and my words. "It's okay. I think it's a quite common reaction. Let's try to relax, order a beverage, and take our time with dinner. I understand the martinis here are exquisite. I'm sure those photographers will keep interrupting, but we can keep them mostly at bay."

I removed the lemon slice and flower from my water glass, and then drank half of it without stopping. After my last swallow, I asked, "So, do you do this often?" I had no idea why I asked that; it was just on my mind then. It caused Billy to break out laughing, and soon I joined in. After that, I relaxed and started to enjoy the evening.

Over dinner, we talked about our lives, and our likes and dislikes. Billy talked about how he almost quit playing football in high school because of a girl he fell in love with. I talked about Rob and my children - all of our exploits and adventures as a family.

"You must be very proud," he stated. "You light up like a Christmas tree when you're talking about them."

"I am. My family means everything to me," I replied without hesitation.

"Your hubby seems like a solid guy. Well, from the little bit of time I observed him the other night in the lobby. He's okay with you doing this, so..." Billy left it there. He left his sentence hanging - either to prod for more information, or just to leave it unsaid.

After dinner, there were a few more photos taken, and then we were shuffled off to the night club at Planet Hollywood. A few drinks and several dances had me on cloud nine. I wondered if that was how Cinderella felt at the ball. I thought about Rob and the kids a few times, but Billy was right there, constantly talking to me, or complimenting me, and those thoughts quickly faded.

By 11:00 p.m. the photo team was gone, and it was just Billy and me. I turned down another drink, knowing I'd hit my limit. That was when Billy broached the subject.

"Shall we call for the limo?"

I shook my head and started to come back to my senses. I was already dreading returning to my husband and children. Billy helped me into the limo and leaned forward to speak to the driver.

"Caesar's Palace, please."

It took a moment to sink in. "I'm at the Bellagio." I spoke out.

"I know. I want you to have a glass of champagne with me in my suite. Come on, Barb. It's only eleven. The night is young, and you do know you won me for twenty-four hours?" He finished the last sentence a little sheepishly; pleadingly even.

"I don't know, Billy. This has been a dream come true, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having the time of my life, but my family..."

He carefully interrupted. "It's just one glass of champagne, Barb. I'm not going to attack you. I want you to see the view. Then we'll get you home, okay?"

I knew I should leave. Go back to my family. I hadn't been struck by a Martian ray gun. I understood my family would be wondering, even worried about me, considering how this had all gone down so fast, and with no real explanation. I envisioned Rob giving the magazine coordinators about as much grief as they could handle, and I was prepared to deal with those emotions. I'd play on his relief that I was back safe.

But I didn't go. I actually put up no resistance at all. How do you tell a man you idolize, cheer for sixteen weeks a year, and just had a fantastic time with in person, "No?" Over dinner, I'd learned about his upbringing, and we'd shared a few laughs about growing up on a small town farm. He was every bit the delightful Midwestern boy. There had been no sneers, no looks of lust or perversion. He was a gentleman, and had been quite good on the dance floor. I had absolutely no reason not to trust him, and we were on a sponsored date after all.

"Okay, Billy," I said. "One drink, and then I really need to get back."

His suite was huge, and, just like in the movie The Hangover, the balcony was breath-taking. As I looked out over the strip, Billy came up behind me. He loosely wrapped his arms around my waist as he handed me my champagne.

"Billy, what are you...don't. I can't." He looked disappointed as I wiggled left and then dipped down under his massive arm. I half expected to be complimented on the maneuver.

"I suppose. It's just...well, listen. I've never actually been turned down before for the...you know, spending the night part. If my team mates find out, I'll never live it down. If I fib about it, can you at least play along?"

I was flabbergasted and my face screwed up a bit. "NO, I can't go along. My husband would leave me and take my kids. What are you talking about?"

He ignored most of my outburst. "Why? I mean, why would he do that? He knows where you are. He gave permission. Are you sure you aren't overreacting or feeling guilty?"

It was truth time. The night had been everything I'd dreamed of, and now I was embarrassed. If I didn't give some sort of explanation, Billy would have to draw his own conclusions. Maybe he wouldn't care, but I didn't want him to think I'd suckered or blindsided my husband.

"I don't think he read the fine print. I mean to say, well, I didn't think a $500 bid would ever win, so, well..."

Billy laughed loudly. "Holy shit! So you're saying he never bothered to get the details because neither of you expected to actually win me? Is that why you asked for my autograph the night before?"

That sort of pissed me off. It wasn't a calculated mistake, I'd purposefully not told Rob about the fine print, so I could bid in the first place. "No, Billy. We never discussed it. I sort of...ambushed him with it. I really never thought in a million years, so it was just going to be..."

"...a what?" he quickly asked back. "A celebrity, uh, fantasy?"

"Yeah," I sighed.

The Beast considered me for quite a while. He seemed to be looking through me, and that made me more mad than uncomfortable. I was suddenly feeling very insignificant.

"Well, Barb. Everything is your choice, the way I see it. I'm just along for the ride." He let that sink in. "You said your hubby is a fireman, right? How old is he?"

"Rob and I are both thirty-seven." I was getting a little irritated with this quasi-interrogation. "And you?"

"Twenty-six." He smiled. "So, I have a thought. You've been on a date with another man. A famous man at that, but still a man other than your husband. How do you think he's going to react? When you walk in that hotel room door, what's his first move?"

I didn't really know, and that shocked me. I wished I'd thought about it earlier. I only shrugged.

"Oh, come on Barb. You've been married what? Twelve - thirteen years?"

"Sixteen," I corrected him.

"Okay. You should know the answer. If you decide to stay, my guess, if you want the male perspective, is either he's going to go ballistic - you know, with jealously, and his pride injured - or he's going to be thinking about bragging to his buddies at the station house on Monday."

I was thinking the former. "I doubt he'll be bragging. He's not that kind of man. Probably, he'll be too embarrassed to speak of it, and hope no one finds out."

His smile grew. "Okay, so we know he's a man's man. He's already in a competition. By now, he's been trying to find you, and by now, he also knows the actual length of this date. So, he's pacing a hole in the carpet in your room, or he's half in the bag drunk."

"He won't drink like that with the kids present."

"Alright, so now we know about him. So what about you? You didn't think you'd win, but you did. Are you really prepared to cut this...fantasy short? Before you answer, keep in mind that I'm the prize, not some predator. I'll do as little or as much as you want to. It's all on you, and your conscience."

He paused for effect.

"Or your desire."

It was both. I knew it, and damned if he didn't know it too. Hell, it was probably written all over my face. My moment of indecision drew him closer, close enough that our bodies were almost touching.

He asked in a whisper, "How about a kiss? If that bothers you more than it excites you, we'll call it a night." As he said that, his arm was around my waist, pulling me close. I would have said my defenses were slipping, but in truth, I wasn't thinking about defenses. I wasn't thinking about anything at all.

Our lips met as he tilted his head slightly. My breasts felt like they were up against smooth steel; their contrast to his muscly chest made me gasp. He started slowly - romantically, as I recall. Finally, I felt his tongue swipe my wet lips, and I purposely welcomed him into my mouth. I became lost in the kiss. His hands, those massive paws that struck fear in the hearts of quarterbacks, gently drew me into him. They didn't roam like I'd expected them to.

We came up for air about a minute later. Billy sensuously began nibbling my neck and behind my ear. His now-rapid breath, so close to my ear, caused my hips to involuntarily move up and thrust forward, contacting his stiffness. I moaned as my body gave in. I grabbed his face in both of my hands and desperately sought out his mouth again with mine. He had one strong hand behind and just below my neck, and the other moving up and down my lower back.

After a few more minutes of urgent, passionate kissing, he backed away slightly so he could look into my eyes.

"Well Barb," he whispered again, "are we going for the first down, or is it time to punt?" There was no resistance left in me. He saw it in my dreamy gaze. He took two steps back and reached out for my hand. I knew this was it, and in one more nanosecond my logical brain said "NO!!" but by then it was already too late.

I held out my left hand, taking his outstretched right. It looked so tiny there, and, though I was paying them no heed, my rings were on full display. Billy slowly and gently led me through the open slider, and pulled me over right next to the bed.

"Unwrap your gift, m'lady!" he exclaimed in a mock English accent.

I removed his sports coat and then unbuttoned his shirt. Then he took over. Once his shirt was off, I took in the sight and started rubbing my hands up and down his bare chest. The Beast was a marvelous specimen. The only way I could describe what my hands were feeling was as if someone had tightly stretched soft, flawless skin over Iron Man's armor.

After a few moments, his large paw directed - or guided me - to sit on the bed. He was quickly down on one knee, playing the prince in the Cinderella story, as he slowly and seductively removed one high heel, then the next.

He ran his strong hands up the insides of both my legs as I gasped and moaned again. That's when I noticed how wet I was. Billy leaned into me for a kiss, but this time both our hands frantically searched each other's bodies. He reached behind me to unzip my little blue dress, and next I knew it was being pulled over my head. After that, even though everything happened so fast, my mind recorded it in slow motion. That recording will never leave me, having been burned into my brain.

Billy was on me. I reached for his thick, heavy cock and guided it into my folds. It was about the same length as Rob's, but thicker. Everything about Billy was thicker. Once he allowed me to get used to him, he began a slow, steady thrusting. It wasn't lost on me that he was making love to me, not simply pounding his 'date' into the mattress. We kissed on and off the entire time we fucked.

We came together, which surprised me, and then he rolled over, pulling me on top of him, our sweat combining and tingling in the hot desert breeze. My mind replayed the entire event as I lay there recovering. After that, the guilt began to creep in. Rob. I'd just cheated on my husband with a man we cheered for most Sundays.

Surprisingly, my flight instincts did not kick in. Instead, in my mind, I rationalized that the damage had been done, and I might as well take it to its conclusion. Momentarily, I felt a pang of guilt, and fear for what was to come. But then this sweet young man was kissing my shoulder and stroking my tummy.

I went down on Billy for a while, and when he was ready we did it again, this time urgently fucking each other senseless. We tried several positions until we were both sated once more. After using the bathroom, I found Billy taking two fresh glasses of champagne out onto the balcony, wearing only a hotel robe. I found a similar one and joined him, lying next to him on the luxurious chaise lounge.

We talked about what happened. That was the strange part. I'd expected that once we got started that he would just take me, like some animal. He was anything but. As we lay there side by side, he listened to my fears for my now wrecked marriage, gave suggestions, and we even role played my return, him pretending to be Rob, although he failed miserably at that.