All Comments on 'If Ch. 02'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments (Page 2)
Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Tough follow-on to the story...Are you going to finish this? Based on time that has lapsed, I'm thinking not; or perhaps you don't know where to take it, much like Claire. As it stands, I'm rating it 4* even though it's an excellently written piece.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

The ending was too quick, although most probably felt that we knew how it was going to end. Kudos to you on your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

the more this story goes on it shows how badly mike treated her and he wouldnt be with her if jessica was still alive how can she be with him with that knowledge how can she even look at him and how can he expect a second chance wen its not her he even wants she could never trust him again

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - this story makes no sense what so ever.

The cheated on wife having any contact whatsoever with the loser, asshole, cheater husband is so totally beyond any possibility of belief, I could not get past the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Congrats, she's truly become Jessica.

All three are garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

CUNT!

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

First part was really good, but this one was quite lightweight and didn't seem to add extra significance. If anything, it makes the whole story seem a little less resolved than if it had simply ended with the first part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So good. Caught the curl and just rode it on in. Thank you.

LWlurker

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"I don't feel any rage, or even any pain. I have been waiting all this time."

This is how it happens: the mind recovers, and then makes its decision in cold isolated logic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can not understand why she stayed with Mike after the crash , or was it to torture him over the affair and the rebound with Nick won't last as most of it is again to get back at her husband and rub her rage in to him

Your ending of this story was nowhere near as clear as the first part as it seems as going to live with Nick is the lesser of the three evils , please rewrite the ending so we can understand her reasons for staying married to her husband and living with Nick as it makes her as bad as Mike and Jessica .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again, excellent writing. As far as the story goes, Mike was surprisingly honest; if he really wanted Claire back the question was an easy one--"Of course I would choose you even if Jessica was still alive." But his honesty brought clarity to her, she was his second choice and who can live with that? But I doubt that she and Nick can do more than comfort each other; it would be an unending reminder that they both were second best. I doubt that is the basis for a lasting relationship. This is 5***** because it is honest and reflects the fact that life is often fucked up. Very sad, very real, outstandingly well-written. Thanks for this story even if it is not a happy ending or even much of an ending. I suspect that she and Nick will eventually leave each other, not due to infidelity but because the things they have in common are two unfaithful spouses and a lot of pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hopefully, Claire is pregnant. A baby is just what this fucked up situation needs. Another miscarriage, on the other hand, would be interesting too. So many good options can arise from her continually fucking her dead friend's widower.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

i don't understand this story

Was this woman so pathetic she would actually consider staying with her no good husband?

King_WillieKing_Williealmost 2 years ago

Life is not a fairytale, we deal the cards we're dealt.

Claire doesn't love Nick, tragedy united them, but they have nothing to build on besides sex.

I'm going to pretend he's just a tool she's using to get over Mike before she moves on to find someone better. Someone who gives her that eye jolt Mike once did.

Thank you for this story, I really enjoyed it.

Also, fuck Jessica and Mike.

SuletawvSuletawvover 1 year ago

5 stars, I really liked the writing. Now forgive the book I'm about to write. I am not so sure that Claire and Nick are in a relationship that harbors no future. We live in a society that is foolishly beginning to believe that being independent is all that matters, it's rather sad to see some of the comments below insulting Claire or Nick, calling them pathetic or whatnot. I think Claire stuck around with Mike after the accident, in part, because she craves to be needed and that could be a significant part of how she feels love and I think she drug that out a bit in anger to make him watch as she gave herself to someone else. Really, what's wrong or pathetic about that? Sure he's betrayed her in a devastating manner, but when the world is crumbling into an abyss at your feet you grab any lifeline you can and you don't look down, you pretend there is still something stable under your feet. Mike destroyed her world utterly and completely, so she held onto what she could and pretended she had stability beneath her, then she got mad and a part of her said 'who's the cuck now?'. I think it would have been very interesting to read about how Claire and Nick began. Nick's self worth is obviously shot. By the diaries we know that it was never a question if Jessica would leave him, she was ready to. Mike held it off, and kept trying to put a child in Claire because he knew it would tie her to him permanently, even after leaving her for Jessica. Two very poignant points in these chapters are showcased between Claire and Nick. The first is the sex scene. Claire craves a child, to be needed and loved without reservation. We all know she wasn't on birth control, Nick knew it too. So when he asked her if she wanted it inside and she said yes, that was powerful. She was acknowledging that Nick could give her what she so badly needs, building him up in the process. When Nick made her open her eyes for it, that was powerful, he was gaining back some of his confidence, he made sure she knew without a doubt who was putting that baby in her. Another poignant moment was at the end when she saw the hope and calm in his eyes. That's him being put back together, like he needs her to do for him. I think she'll put him back together and along the way a baby will show up they'll keep giving each other everything the other needs. Then ya wake up and realize you're completely satisfied, you're content, and you're in love.

energystarenergystarover 1 year ago

Thank you! I think you are the best on this site at conversations and the concurring thoughts that accompany them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written. But wow just get a divorce...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The whole thing is just rubbish. Either Claire forgives Mike and gets on with life or she doesn't. Her relationship with Nick is doomed because it just didn't start in the right place for the right reasons. Revenge, pity and grief are not foundations for a healthy life let alone a marriage.

The story is just sad and not entertainingly so.

TwmatthewsTwmatthews6 months ago

This is a fascinating story and leaves much to the reader's imagination. It's apparent to me that Mike couldn't leave Claire because of some love and a lot of guilt. Jessica seemed ready to pull the plug. On the other hand, Claire doesn't seem to love Nick while realizing that Nick needs her far more than Mike does. Maybe that's enough for Claire and Nick to make it, but it's doubtful for the long term, There is no right answer and that's why this story is so fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

All of these characters in real life would need to get the fuck away from each other and move on with life.

Create new lives. New futures. Get new starts.

Claire and Nick together long term is a mistake.

Perhaps they can help each other heal?

But thinking a happy life and marriage can be born from THAT beginning?

We all know outside of LW story on literotica that relationship is doomed in the real world.

HighBrowHighBrow4 months ago

My heart broke reading this. I am as torn up as they are. Great, insightful writing.

deependerdeepender4 months ago

It's like she is in this room with me, speaking out loud.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Extremely well written. Emotionally taut, but she needed to start over. Get away from Mike. Probably even Nick.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah2 days ago

This was a thought provoking tale for me, and not in a good way. Jessica’s intent to runn oft with Mike while playing the role of his wife’s best friend was despicable and Mike was the Grand Poobah in this line of thought. When Claire asked, “What would you have done if Jessica lived?" he still tried to sidestep and deflect. Straight up butt-nugget. Nick seemed to be an emotional vampire for the most part. Claire would be best served to grab Brooklyn and peel out.

The truly sad part is all these characters are solidly grounded in reality and my cynicism is at full boil.

This author’s style remains smooth and very tight and for that I remain a loyal reader.

/

Once inside a woman's heart

A man must keep his head

Heaven opens up the door

Where angels fear to tread

Some men go crazy

Some men go slow

Some men go just where they want

Some men never go

Oh blame it on midnight

Oooh shame on the moon — Bob Seger — Shame on the Moon

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

If Ch. 01 Previous Part
If Ch Series Info

SIMILAR Stories

The Bridge 
4.52
870
1k
Words 
4.6
792
815
In Her Eyes 
4.58
1.3k
741
The Harpy 
4.74
575
355
More Stories