All Comments on 'If I'm Honest Ch. 12 - Finale'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
shadrachtshadrachtover 1 year ago

I truly wish I could give more than 5 stars. Loved the series, loved the ending. Bravo, bravo, bravo...

SorchakSorchakover 1 year ago

If I'm honest, I'll have to go back and re-read the first half-dozen or so chapters, because I don't remember who Colleen or Nikki are/were.

DSolomonDDSolomonDover 1 year ago

If I'm honest? Five *****

Thanks.

SilvermireSilvermireover 1 year ago

Par excellence !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story, thank you

OtterlyMindblowingOtterlyMindblowingover 1 year ago

This series has been an amazing trip, and inspirational to me. You finished strong, too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story! Thank you for writing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The switch from general narration to "I-the-narrator am actually telling this story to another person within a specific context" is difficult to do well.

Harvey has a pretty distinct personality, for a magical artifact. I like it.

Interesting that you set their wedding right before lockdown started.

DoctorAlanDoctorAlanover 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing this delightful sexy story with us. I didn't see any of the twists coming and loved them all. Not everyone--hell, hardly anyone--can be erotic and humorous and touching, sometimes in the same paragraph. So again, thank you for your generosity.

BTW: not to be ungracious, but are you using some sort of dictation system? There seems to be a problem with homonyms (eg, rain/rein/reign). One finds the same word spelled differently; obviously you know the difference but your software doesn't.

This is trivia. Your work is delightful.

DavyHRocksDavyHRocksover 1 year ago

Ah man, this was so good. Congrats, your efforts are much appreciated. If you end up writing a sequel you can sign me up for a reader.

Thank you!

dlj403dlj403over 1 year ago

Loved the story! But if I'm Honest, the whole fourth wall breaking scene at the end really didn't work for me. Up until that point was a hell of a ride though!

tdogg52tdogg52over 1 year ago

great story with a great ending, well done!

IndrasIndrasover 1 year ago

So happy to see this finale pop up in my feed! I've been rooting for Colleen... The fact that she was the one he told about Harvey made it feel like he'd already chosen by then. Solid ending.

LynchjimLynchjimover 1 year ago

Perfect ending to a truly magical story thank you so much CP I really really enjoyed that tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A delightful ending to a brilliant story - Well done ........ T

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hope you do another with the next holder. Thanks for the story.

rayironyrayironyover 1 year ago
You are a creative and wide ranging

story teller...Applause, once again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for the amazing story!

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

I guess that was as good an ending as it could be for this crazy adventure . I realy enjoyed it . Well done .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bravo !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A delightful well thought story - Well done

M

il_literatiil_literatiover 1 year ago

Thank You. Perfect story. 12 chapters of fun, developing characters we root for. A completely satisfying finale.

And perhaps best of all, ready to launch sequels and prequels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great work. One of my favorite stories I've read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I KNEW it had to be Colleen, but you set it up perfectly. Thank you!

KeeperonKeeperonover 1 year ago

I think Vanessa needed the ring. Possible sequel would be far more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really, really good story with a very satisfactory conclusion. Thank you.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

Excellent story.

Well written and very imaginative, with one stubborn yet shallow flaw...

For a resident of several years in California,..

Your solitary focus on introducing only characters of the Empire, at the exclusion of the rest of America's melting pot, got very old. As I said, stubborn yet shallow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Extremely well written. I think I've read almost everything you have on here and this has been a joy to tag along with. Thanks for sharing!

notbatmannotbatmanover 1 year ago

What a fantastic story! I really really loved it.

I wrote a little omake for you, an alternate hotel scene of sorts:

--

She looked at me...

...and a lot of time passed...

...then it dawned on her, and she started to giggle furiously.

"THIS is when you talk, you prat!"

I just shook my head and shrugged. "Col. You had me at hello."

--

It just fit the movie/TV vibe I thought they had. :-) Thanks for the wonderful story!

jcus0511jcus0511over 1 year ago

I’ve just binged this story & I’m so pleased that I did. It is really well crafted escapism with a joyous touch of humour, erotica, reflection on life & of course a happy ending. Really liked the main character and his values as well. It’s OK that there were a few points that needed editing they didn’t detract from the flow, logic or eroticism. Obviously I’m going to read more by Courrupted who is now one of my faves on Literotica.

FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudeover 1 year ago

I've been binge reading you this week and I just want to say I love your style and you are one Helluva great writer. I'm reading everything of your now and following you.

Keep it up!!!

This one I totally loved Deke and Col... Awesome ending.

FDD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, thank fucking Goddess! It *had* to be Colleen. I've been hoping it would be, for about three chapters now.

.

I loved how you looped Brenda back in, as a nice fakeout and to assuage Deke's conscience, but also to bear witness, as it were. That was sweet.

.

Only one false note, for me (if I'm honest): Deke is the kind of guy who, once he found out he and Harvey were into the home stretch, he would have phoned Col to let her know. (Vanessa, in his position, would leave the person hanging without a qualm. Deke? Not a chance!) I've been trying to think how you could write that without telegraphing the ending, but I can't. But that suggests a different ending - or rather, a different route to the same destination. Deke tells Col that Harvey is about to introduce him to The One. He doesn't know what that means for the two of them, because it depends on The One's attitude to open relationships, etc. During that call - or more likely, a last-hurrah visit - they realize on their own that they're right for each other. That's when Harvey pipes up, agreeing that she's who he had in mind, and maybe grousing that they beat him to the punch so he didn't get to engineer his meet-cute for them. Lube. Ass-fuck. Exeunt.

.

But that's a minor quibble. It was an excellent story. I'll definitely be reading more of your work. (Quaranteam has had some good mentions, so that's probably next.)

.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice cooked out story, almost sad it ended. 5 stars.

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkersonabout 1 year ago

Epic ending. Great series.

KtmgoKtmgoabout 1 year ago

Excellent ending for an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great stuff

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneabout 1 year ago

Honestly a great story

Fletch2Fletch2about 1 year ago

Back in the early chapters you had this whole thing where our hero looked up the history of the bracelet and forwarded it to Yuri his dark web contact. That never became anything. On a similar note Deke asked Harvey if there was anything he could do for him and Harvey said he would think about it. Again open plot thread. Other than those little brain worms I very much enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a feel-good story with sexy bits but even without all the sex details it would hang together nicely. The basic concept would be interesting to see in the hands of other authors.

Opportunities for historical tales with the bracelet.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story, I enjoyed rereading it even now that it is finished in one session. Indeed the general idea has potential, but then it is up to the author to decide if he wants to pursue the plot or not. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Fantastic. Definitely worth a re-read

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot12 months ago

Either I'm a (hopeless) romantic, or you are -- perhaps both. Fortunately, my wife and I did not require Harvey-like services to find each other. The 50+ years of our married life, while not all idyllic, were certainly adventuresome, exciting, challenging, but rarely boring. I had known very early in our dating relationship that she was "the one" for me. I did have to pursue her until she caught me and we were wed about 3 years later. With my military career and subsequent academic career, we saw a good deal of the world, and toured much of the U, S

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot12 months ago

<I did a finger fumble and prematurely sent the first comment>

Not long after our 50th anniversary, her liver failed, and now I find that I love her more each day that passes. As a believer in an afterlife, I look forward to the day of reunion for eternity. This story captures the emotions of the early parts of our journey. Thank you for a well crafted story about love fulfilled.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent story. I much enjoyed it. Thanks

RivenousRivenous12 months ago

So many emotions flashed through me during this...I can't even identify them all. I wanna believe this is true don't care if it isn't that's just what I want ending this heartfelt tale.

Thank you for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Dear author,

I really liked your story.

You addressed the moral issues, added humor, and the “if I’m honest” gimmick was really cool.

And you write well.

Thank you

nyteramblernyterambler11 months ago

Really enjoyed this one. Very good premise and good story telling.

tenetiennetenetienne10 months ago

Great story. Absolutely loved it! At first I wasn’t sure about mind control as the category because I tend to think the worst. This was so much better than what I expected.

thunderousexplodethunderousexplode10 months ago

I loved this story. Perfectly in my wheelhouse.

Lovely plotting, lots of call backs a joy from start to finish

You were alluding to telling a guy's story If you write a sequel, I'd much prefer it if the protagonist was a woman.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If I'm Honest, this was a very good story and I would like to see what happens with Anton and who he hands Harvey off to, maybe his future wife's female roommate? Start the story when Anton meets his future wife and tell the shit story of the roommate and her latest breakup while she views the blooming love between Anton and her roommate. Then take over the story after when Anton hands Harvey over to the roommate. The story would be told completely from the female roommate's point of view, just like this story was told from Deke's point of view.

maxsteelemaxsteele9 months ago

If I am honest, I'm glad that Colleen ended up to be Derrick's soul mate. They hit off from the moment they met at the beginning of the series and they were honest to each other from the get go. They started off as best friends, then evolved to fuck buddies while still being best friends, then finally boyfriend and girlfriend/husband and wife, all while growing as people each step of the way. They went through all the right steps of having a great relationship and I'm sure that they will be happily together until death. Hopefully down the road we'll get an spin off series of how Anton Tolkov handled Harvey and an update on everyone from this main series.

moedik2moedik29 months ago

What a great story, could not put it down till I finished it. Thank you for the tale

MarrttyMarrtty8 months ago

Great story, one item Huskies rarely bark, they gowl, and all kinds of noises, but not much barking usually.

AthlantianAthlantian8 months ago

Loved the story, but found the ending a bit confusing. Still worth 5 star, as I couldn't stop reading :)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot5 months ago

Just finished a reread of this story. IMNSH opinion, this tale is one of the best I have read. Ever. I found myself lost in warm reminiscence of my life with my late wife (see comments from about 7 months ago). This read just confirmed my opinion. Great story and even greater writing,

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you for the story. It was a good read. Although, you really struggle writing convincing romance. For example, writing more about what the main character was feeling and thinking when Colleen came to him, instead of almost ritualistic sex would have helped, in my opinion. Spending more time on him thinking about Colleen and being sad they aren't compatible before the last act. To get reader invested and create tension. Going into more detail how he felt about each woman he has been with before, during and after the encounter. Maybe he would keep comparing them to Colleen in his mind. Maybe he would have imagined what if he could've been together. Put more emotion meat on that romance skeleton. It's characters, their emotions, how they change and relate to each other that makes great romance. And if a man searching for his perfect match isn't a romance story, I don't know what is. At least that's my two cents on it.

And I expected it was going to be Colleen. It was the only woman he made a real connection with, a real friendship (which you almost completely glossed over), and whom he actually wanted in his life. I also liked her the most out of all characters too and she felt the most like a real person out of all other characters too.

Thanks again and keep it up. You are a good writer. Don't settle for good, be excellent.

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Хорошая добрая история)

Aussie1951Aussie19512 months ago
Wow

Bloody hell, I was right with my comment after reading chapter one. Colleen was his true love at the end. Brilliant story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ClearmuseClearmuse2 months ago

Great read, binged it staying up too late.

toycar69toycar692 months ago

Brilliant story. I'm so glad it was Colleen all along, I kind of fell in love with her too!

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 1 month ago

You really nailed the finale! The knock on the door, the other knock on the door, the banging on the door, just a terrific way to up the ante or tighten the screw, (pick your metaphor). And the manner in which Deke spoke Truth to Power, just wow. How could Nikki NOT apologize? There have been times in my life where the temptation to hold a mirror to someone behaving cruelly has been almost irresistible. Very satisfying indeed. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

pawsnizzypawsnizzy27 days ago

Outstanding work! Loved it, thank you

Lobosolo51Lobosolo5127 days ago

Re-read the entire story - enjoyed it this time as much as the first time I read it. Some typos that need editing, but the story is great. Do keep writing. Doug

JohnBJohnJohnBJohn19 days ago

Awesome story!

mister_handmister_handabout 22 hours ago

Very well done! I enjoyed the whole thing (currently after midnight). I only wish Vanessa stuck around that night Deke was with Veritas, but only because you made her so unlikable!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories