All Comments on 'If It Ain't One Thing Ch. 03'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Sad story

I like Debra. I don’t want to see her go. I hope the cliffhanger sets up a reconnect, but suspect otherwise. Can’t wait to see where you go with this. Thanks

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 4 years ago
difficult situation

Things will work out. Unfortunately, I dont know what that will mean. Maybe good or maybe not. I am looking forward to the next chapter, but I hope you will be happy in the end. Did Debra ever find out about your health situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not so happy

I am not a btb type, neither raac, but intermediate. Some situations are so bad there is no hope... but this one seems to at least have some at this time. Will he arrive at Deb's apartment and be greeted by a man? Will her bedroom closet and clothes dressers have men's clothing? Will she answer the door in a robe, looking like she was caught in the middle of something? Will she realize there is something more valuable than money? I am holding my rating for now. I am in my 70's too, almost elderly, that being those older than me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hope I'm wrong.

But this marriage seems about to end. I thought things were going down the tubes since the 23rd Floor.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
WOW!!!!!

Good luck in all you do may things work out great for you two. Thanks for sharing.Peace!

kiteareskitearesover 4 years ago
Shit times

I hope you get what you need MM.

Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks

For sharing MM bonus voyage hope it works out for ya

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
i loved this story

but i don't understand why he loves his wife.

every single little detail you carefully crafted points towards the wife being a serial cheater, and then trying to tie a bunch of nonsense words together so she can call it something else. women are even more possessive than men in stable relationships. but she treats him like a trophy husband, and even cares not if he sleeps around.

and let's pretend she never cheated. she clearly treats him like a thing. like a precious pet or something. if she spoils him with money, he'll do whatever she wants him to. and when he didn't budge, she started to call less and less and kinda forget he existed for a few weeks.

i'm okay with this wife as a person. my only ax to grind is what i believe to be utter dishonesty. she probably cheats, often. she doesn't see it that way, but humans can use this weird thing called empathy to realize people may have different definitions of the same word. one thing is certain, they aren't compatible enough to make it work. he wants a stable life with an equal partner. the wife seems to want emotional loyalty, sexual promiscuity, and to go and do w/e she wants regardless of what her partner wants. she needs a suave swinger that doesn't need her. he needs a loyal and equal partner to do things introverts find fun, and extroverts like her find dull.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love this story, Ch4 ?????

Loved this, it sometimes took the long way around to get to the same place but that is just the writers style. I would hope if there is a Ch4 or 5 it would be it would be Debra and Dan getting back together. I've had a few heart breaks when I was younger and I know now having been married for 50 years now if I lost her the way Dan lost Debra I would just lay down and wait for the light to dim and go out. The soul can take only so much pain and then no more. It would be just as hard to leave the surroundings I have lived in for the majority of my life to become a city troglodyte. It would be a slow painful death in surrounding I don't know. Good luck to Dan and Deb's which ever way it goes.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
Feeling of foreboding

I so appreciated your seemingly lackadaisical view of life with Debs on the Oregon coast, then she seems to be seduced by money and a totally different life in Boston. I hope she finds her way home, but I fear you're going to confirm the worst fears of this old man: life is just a clusterfuck and the sonsabitches won't let you die. Say it ain't so, MM, say it ain't so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I am rooting for them.

The romantic in me is expecting a reconciliation, but knowing the author everything is possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He's, "PUSSY WHIPPED"!

No friggin way would I move to Boston just because my so called wife decided to stay there, money and all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES