All Comments on 'If It Ain't One Thing Ch. 04'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Keep The Faith My Friend!!****

And keep on counting your blessings. Thanks for sharing.

kiteareskitearesover 4 years ago
Just fine maybe...

Sorry to hear the inevitable has happened with Debra. I hope things work out for you as just fine is not good or excellent.

Thanks for sharing and take care.

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 4 years ago
Great writer

I love the story, yes sad but life is like that. We all have to face the inevitable ebbs and flows. I am sorry Debra did not want to come back, but that was a forgone conclusion. Did she ever find out about the cancer? Shame she did not really care to know. I am glad you have some good friends who will see you through the difficult times. Unfortunately, a lot of seniors don't. I know I am one.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
Please keep writing, sir

It helps us all deal with life, especially when we don't want to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Millie’s bush

In the installment when you sleep with Millie the first time, just prior to that date you run into her at Charlene’s as you get there Millie is leaving after having her waxing. Minor detail.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Ouch!

Good writing as usual. Thanks for sharing!

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 4 years ago
Hey magmaman...

Kerp on truckin'...ya hear?

Hey in Ch5, can we get a health update from you?

I'm an almost 15-year survivor from renal cell carcinoma (fortunately for me, caught very early). So please, give us the updated word.

magmamanmagmamanover 4 years agoAuthor
Update?

My diagnosis was Squamous Cell, it's called the 2nd most dangerous skin Cancer behind Melanoma. They cut out a chunk of me about the size of a burger patty. Good part is, slow growing and curable if caught early and watch out for a pimple or blackhead that bleeds more than normal. Bad part is, it's the kind of thing we tend to not pay any attention to.

My last skin check, (yep, a GOOD Dermatologist even looks at your butthole) there were no indications. I am booked to have a skin check done now every three months for the rest of my life. And don't be shy, there could be three women in the room with you, one checking, one recording, and one watching.

They are there to try and save your life.

GO GET CHECKED!!!

I mention this because if I save just ONE of you good folks, it's a point for me when I get to meet my lord. Meanwhile, I am working on a chapter 5. Just need some shit to happen first so I have something to write about.

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Money

This is a twist, generally breakup are over money--not enough, uncontrolled spending not the other around. I kept expecting him to hook up with younger, much younger, you didn't. was a nice ending change

patilliepatillieabout 4 years ago
Fantastic

but as you know, sad. I dont understand Debra, but I didnt read Chapt 1-3 yet, as I was just trying to read your latest to get up to date on your health situation. I will go and read those. Does sound like you have no end of female companionship, lucky man, you must be very funny. And to lose weigh at your age is quite the accomplishment. Keep us posted going forward.

Now you know Deb is going to read this, are you sending her message? Wouldn t blame you if you were, dont understand what she is thinking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderfull

A great story as always.

falsmorningstarfalsmorningstaralmost 4 years ago
Acceptance

It was the only possible result. We know the husband loves his life in Oregon, and he refuses to move to a big city like Boston. The wife has gotten a big inheritance and decided to stay in Boston. It's easy to say money has changed her, but maybe it has just given her the chance to live the life she always wanted but could not afford. She has every right to want to live in Boston and be able to afford a more metropolitan life now. They could not compromise at all. With the millions, they could have afforded both houses and lived a life of compromise due to their love. He says he could see that she was ready to move on if he wasn't going to live in Boston, but he was just as ready to do the same. They could have lived in Boston but they could have easily gotten another home on the coast away from the city to use as a second home. There was no choice but Boston or Oregon. This really wasn't a story of true (strong) love where some sacrifices could be made. Too stubborn, but maybe the age of the husband (and his narrow comfort zone, also lack of time left) makes it more understandable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES