All Comments on 'If Only, Old friend'

by Corny1974

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Delightful story!

5

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

That was actually great way to bring things to an end. A nice romantic story. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn, so much of what was written really rings true with me all the way from the nose and ear hair to the use of "partner". Well done. I may be a bit protective of Brian or maybe vindictive by telling him and gillian all the details. Let them decide for themselves what Julie had actually told them and they can see if she was just very young and immature or if it was a hard line character flaw she contains for life.

Also, I would be uneasy of having Brian so close with the ex. Would be very weird for me and not sure how I would feel about it. And as for Brian and J.J. Sounds like she and he are just giving in and saying why be FWB lets settle and get married.

Seeker81Seeker81over 1 year ago

Very enjoyable. Thanks

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Nope, he and Julia were meant to be together....

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

The way that you brought this about was puurfect, excellent story, thank you! 5 BIG ASS STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great conclusion! As others reflected, the first chapter left me feeling empty. This chapter changed the feeling to a happy one, although deep down I'd hoped for a reconciliation and re-uniting of Michael and Julie.

Thanks for a nice read. 5 Stars!

G

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Nicely done ending.

Thank you for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed watching the threads of these (fictional) lives dancing together, approaching closer and closer, reaching happiness, mutualsupport, and happiness.

I also enjoyed one of your other stories.

Please keep writing.

-jog

jlg07jlg07over 1 year ago

Nice twist at the end! Didn't see it coming. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very tidy plot. Nipped all the ends and tucked them in. 5 stars!

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 1 year ago

Very neat and rather pleasant finish to what was a dramatic first story. Really liked the way it was put together, the gentle pace was just right. Very well done, especially for a first romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice.

.

And you managed to bring Julie back into his life in a believable….and workable….way.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very satisfying conclusion; no lose ends - except perhaps that cad that Julie didn't quite manage to kill off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I do like happy endings but this was so contrived, even for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Five stars for the first story and four for the second. Thank you for your work

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

A beautifully written bitter sweet romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed this romance. I believe in growth and character development. Thank God I'm not the same as I was as a teen.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Complicated but nice

4/5, but only because l wanted the MC and Julie to hook up again.

MightyheartMightyheart10 months ago

It seemed the wrong love story.

Write an alternative end in which the MC meets Julie.

That's the story I wanted to read.

Good writing.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker9 months ago

Better ending... Gave closer to both of them.. nicely done to... Hope you reconsider about your writing though. Your GOOD . Not many are.. At least as long as your health allows you to continue., If not, well thanks anyway for what you have wrote. and Good Luck to you 👍👍😉😁👋👋💯

Calico75Calico758 months ago

I liked the ending of the first part, but this adds dimension and depth to the story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I don't understand writing this sequel if it is a continuation of the status quo of the original story. Gave it a 2.

Corny1974Corny19748 months agoAuthor

Anonymous below, that's fine but I don't agree that it is a continuation of the status quo of the original as they all get a happy ending, including Julie. More importantly, she gets a happy ending with Michael, too, though not in the way you would wish.

The other reason for writing the story was to try writing a more mature love story.

Most importantly, I am pleased that in my imagination they are all a happy, kind, blended family making new memories.

Would you begrudge them that or leave Julie torturing herself over a past mistake for longer than she already has?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good sequel just would of loved a meeting with Julie's dad to confirm who crushed the balls

Corny1974Corny19747 months agoAuthor

Anonymous below, Julie's Dad was definitely the ball crusher, have no fear!

TechumsahTechumsah6 months ago

I kind of wanted to see Julie and Michael get back together as mature adults. You said that wasn't going to happen, but I forged ahead regardless.

My first marriage was at 19 and ours was not nearly as dramatic of an ending, but we made many mistakes due to being young and immature. It all ended terribly.

That being said your ending was way better than I could of dreamed up. Great writing. 5

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

pretty good. A kid can never have too many Grandparents. Interesting 4sme.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice ending, it's not like Julie was evil, just unfortunately young, jealous, stupid and manipulated by a vile bastard (who was made to pay a Major penance) she was contrite and remorseful not an arrogant entitled bitch, so earned a better future for herself.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft4 months ago

Great story — both parts. I hope that your surgeries went well, and that life will permit you to get back to writing again. Best wishes for 2024!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Lot's of sad and glad and all went on with their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So Brian is 2nd choice? If her ex would take her back, she'd dump his sensitive ass in a heartbeat?.. was this second part supposed to show us the ex slut changed?.. cause I don't see it.. she told her ex husband if she couldn't be his wife again, then she'll be Brian's..just because she keeps repeating she love her ex, that doesn't make it true.. words are cheap.. it's ACTIONS that speaks louder.. her actions contradicted her supposed "love".. the fact that she's still crying about it doesn't mean diddly to me🤷🏾‍♀️.. she should've known this was going to happen when she decided to believe a pussyhound. She need to stop the woe it's me bullshit.. whatever pain she's going through, she willingly brought on herself. I don't believe this woman should marry again.. I wouldn't want to be with someone that's still pining and crying over their ex.. I play second to no one. I don't really think this 2nd part was needed...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A fine romance! I have loved reading all of your stories; perhaps because they are from the right side of The Pond and do not rely on all of the 'tropes' which so many other writers on LW seem unable to avoid. I look forward to any future stories. Be well.

7527crater

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I think I am weird. I am in my 60's and I do feel nowadays that is still young but no way do I want to get married again. Why???? There are women for sex and for fun stuff. Guy friends for other outdoor activities. I do couples golf and dinners and trips. I love the variety, the friendship, and the alone time.

Why in. these stories do the people have to "fall in love" and get married three times?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorny1974@Corny1974
After reading lots of stories on this site, I decided to try and write one myself. Please be kind, I'm not a writer but I do enjoy a good story.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

If Only Previous Part
If Only Series Info

SIMILAR Stories