All Comments on 'Iliad Battles'

by wetapap

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Foux PasFoux Pasover 14 years ago
The Story Teller Still Has it

I am always amazed at how you take a few lines and turn out a wonderful tale.

Foux Pas

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 14 years ago
Under that rough outsides...

There is a REAL author inside. Amazing visuals and the ability to with few words make me be IN the scene, to smell the land and feel the emotions.<P>

Wow, you sir...amaze me.<P>

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
It has been a long time.

Welcome back, and a beautiful story, from the most ancient of stories...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great series

Beautifully written. Professional quality.

energystarenergystarover 14 years ago
Thank you sir... may I have another

Seriously, your stories often stun me, they are that good. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Story

I loved the way you changed the point of view in the story. Very well written, and a great story indeed.

hikewithapackhikewithapackabout 13 years ago
Writing good, battle preparation good.

This has the potential to be a good story, but it is missing something. I don't understand what the general conflict in the story is (not the actual conflict, but the conflict that is the story). What is the point? Was it to show the drudgery in the midst of war? Was it to show the loneliness of the warrior in a protracted battle?

Mechanically, I lost track of who was telling the story near the end also. I did not go back to read it again, but it seemed as though you moved the pov.

Keep it up. You have good story ideas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
REPLY

hikewithapack; I'm not leaving this comment to disrespect you in any way. Your comment has merely opened a door for me to make an observation. First I can tell your not a Vet and that's O.K. as well and I'm glad you never experienced the meat grind horror of senseless war as pretty much all are in recent history. NOW the greater point is to illustrate the severe deterioration of our educational system. Have you never read of Homer and Troy? The Illiad? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliad This is a brief of all you need to start to understand. Any war is tragedy period. There are only losers even if they are not the big picture by media or downplayed by MSM. Remember Vietnam costs over 58,000 young American life's as well as millions of Vietnamese; Cambodians; and Laotians; Canadians; French; Australians; need I keep going? It continues to kill thanks to defoliants and other shit we used. No, I,m not hiding behind as an Anonymous user. I haven't anything to post as all I know of life is pain. Folks come here for pleasure of one kind or another. Thanks for reading.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
War is hell

I've been in a war, seen the skull mountains of the Killing Fields in person, and far worse. You have depicted the grim comfort of a warrior to have another warrior he trusts next to him; you left out the horrors of combat (thanks); and ended in sadness with the death of a good man, but also with the high respect due him. Sir, I salute. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

we need more stories like this

texquilltexquillover 8 years ago
ENTHRALLING!

Thank you for this "micro" view of the battlefield. Whether it's swords and spears or automatic weapons and napalm, the entire story is that of the individual participants. You did an excellent job of bringing the reader to understand the personal involvement of the individuals!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excelent

I think this should be regarded at the time when we remember our War dead.

It says everything about a Battle.

Thank You

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Apt Pyre.

Almost, but not quite a bitter requiem to the folly and stupidity of war.

Nice vignette.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You have done your homework before you started this mini tale.Well done!...4 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous