All Comments on 'I'll Be There For You'

by carrteun

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE7 months ago

Loved the story but was a bit disapointed with the ending. I felt that you could have used another page to really conclude the story.

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Firstly I really enjoyed reading this, it kept me interested and wanting to see what happened next, the tentative romances with initially the “Duds & Thuds”, and latterly the ponytailed (WTF?) Peter signalled a different section of the story, which makes me think this was possibly two different stories joined together to make something slightly different, but that fitted well for a Halloween style theme.

The previous comment is on the money for me, you didn’t really finish it, you left it as possibilities and could-be’s, but throwing in the curve ball of Peters original In-Laws and their money politics doesn’t work with the rest of the story, any potential blended family ordinarily has everyone meeting everyone else before any proposals are made or money spent, I do wonder if you were trying to line us up for a sequel, possibly a Holidays/Christmas/Wedding Special?

Many thanks for both writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz. 5⭐️

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

This is not an easy story to digest. I always maintain that the author has absolute discretion in creating his/her work. The audience (me) has absolute discretion to criticize, rant and rave and superimpose his/her taste and personal opinions in this comment section. Saying that, I felt the supernatural aspect of the story took it out of the realm of sane discussion. I just don't feel interested in discussing something as ridiculous as "voices" and "a presence" taking care of our MC. People control their fate as far as they can with "free will" and something protecting the house during a tornado or whatever takes the story out of the world of the possible. I also didn't like the preoccupation with sex. I know, I know, this is Literotica and people want to be titillated and excited. I like some of that, too, but after you read endless, almost identical descriptions of sex scenes, it's all rather "ho-hum". I was glad that the author included a practical page on finances - I was wondering how they were going to support a household of seven with only two breadwinners. Not easy today. So I may have been a little harsh (not that anyone else will care) but I rated this a 2* story and conclude that I would just as well not have read it. I do like the Romance section because usually you have to develop a real plot to keep the story going. Loving wives has the most cumulative stories, but many of them are quickies that take little or no time to write and take the same to read. (And give equivalent satisfaction).

DessertmanDessertman7 months ago

Long, but well worth the read. I also was disappointed with the. Why throw in the prospect of a new job if you are not going to elaborate on it ending. Are you planning a further episode?

It was well written overall but could do with a little more careful editing, there were a few missing words, words that should have been deleted and one or two repetitions.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That was a long drive for a cup of coffee.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

I'll join the chorus - great story but the ending was unnecessarily awkward. I don't get the reluctance to get married to Peter, given Malcolm gave her the final goodbye and defacto approval. 4.7*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

We can all use a helping hand from those we love!

5

SweboSwebo7 months ago

Great story. I had no problem with the ending. The story was about the 'haunting' and that was resolved. Sage and Peter and the life they're going to have together is another story entirely and I kinda like that that's left unresolved.

Bh76Bh767 months ago

Sorry but how can it be her imagination when the child floats across the room?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wonderful story. I agree that as an author you have feee rein and that as readers we don’t have to like it.

In my case, I loved every bit. It was long, but you had a lot to cover. The supernatural aspect was not the focus, but I feel was essential to the whole experience. I expected a bit different ending, but it works.

5*

Tc

Turning502019Turning5020197 months ago

The ending was a let down but enjoyed the story a lot till then

Ada StuartAda Stuart7 months ago

I love the title, love the angle and the way you wrap it all up in the end. Always a pleasure to beta read for you, carrteun :-)

(although I still think that ghosts are scarier than werewolves, lol)

des911des9117 months ago

This is a very good story of loss, grief, recovery and finding love again. You nailed that part. The role of Malcolm works well - a bit of unlikely supernatural happenings is fine.

I found the ending a bit of a let down - Malcolm exits, leaving her in the care of Peter. But Sage and Peter are not fully integrated, yet. They decide not to get married (for pragmatic, financial reasons). That doesn't quite sit right - they are developing into a family with five children but without being married that is going to cause mayhem for the kids (guardianship, next of kin issues, inheritance, etc.)

It leaves this reader with an unfinished feeling at the end.

Love the story and thank you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

this story was doing so well but sage ruins it by not wanting to really commit to peter, the ending sucked!

olddave51olddave516 months ago

I loved the story and the part the dead husband played but the ending like many of the other comments really left something to be desired. I don't know if a part 2 could help.

Endings seem to be what lowers most ratings here on Literotica.. I have problems with writing endings also.

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

Another good story. I got thrown for a loop when Sage said no to Peter. Granted Sage said she was concerned about finances, that is what I thought prenuptial agreements were for.

Anyway the promotion wasn’t finalized either way, so we don’t know if it was yes or no.

This could use a part 2 to tie up loose ends, just sayin’ with maybe some about the kids too.

Take care

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercarrteun@carrteun
9/19/2023 It has been over a year since I last posted something. I have a story almost ready for Halloween, the first time I've tried to construct a story for that holiday. Just a section of rewrite and a final editing check before it's done. It will be ready in time for the H...