All Comments on '"I'll see You in the morning."'

by LJA644

Sort by:
  • 206 Comments
statestreetstatestreet9 months ago

After all the follow up stories to the original "February Sucks", I was sure I'd quickly lose interest in this one. I didn't in part because I thought it was well written and maybe in part because it took place "across the pond". After all, the US doesn't have a monopoly on prima donna athletes or actors or other entitledst! *****

Daggy1965Daggy19659 months ago

Good story, as others have said these stories have begun to get tedious and too receptive. Though a few have been well written and with a different slant-this is one of them.

c24jc24j9 months ago

Great story . . . pretty satisfying. One problem . . . maybe there's another definition in England, but the main character was NOT a cuckold by either definition of the term in English. He could have yelled back at anyone calling him that that they were mentally deficient morons who obviously didn't know the meaning of the word. He could then have said he wasn't a wittol either . . . and maybe when looking that up, they'd see the definition of cuckold, and realize how stupid they sounded!

TajfaTajfa9 months ago

So it's everybody else's fault? She lost the ability to think for herself and went off after a few minutes dancing and some smooth talking. What were the "friends" supposed to do? She went off of her own free will. He didn't force her to go

Yes they might have been a bit more supportive but the "revenge" was way over the top. It was his wife who abandoned him and he took it out on others who were simply there when she lost her ability to think. Nothing she could do or say could ever justify what she did.

What Vale did was despicable but none of the women were forced to go with him.

What I don't get is why the papers weren't publishing stories about his behavior after his high profile conquests.

I think saint Linda got off way too lightly.

3 stars for very good writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Like others I have gotten fed up with the rewrites of February Sucks, this was well written and kept my interest throughout.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

An interesting evolution of the February Sucks story. I enjoyed the English flavor of this version. A common thread in the many variants of this story is the question of how Linda can possibly express sufficient remorse that Jim can forgive her. I liked how this version of Linda realizes that she cannot unring the bell of her infidelity, but she can try to balance the scales in another way, by humiliating herself so vividly. Well written and well done. 5*

Diecast1Diecast19 months ago

Love the story. AAAAAA++++++

francemanfranceman9 months ago

Really disappointed, by the story and the comments because at no point does anyone think about the children and the repercussions all this will have on them.

And if you've lived in small villages, in small communities, then you know that news of betrayal, adultery, infidelity......circulate always.

And children hear their parents talking to each other or to others, and the stories are passed on.....

As you move to new places to live or work, you learn the past histories of those new places.

So yes, that the woman humiliates herself, that she demeans herself.......inflates your ego, fills your desire for retribution satisfies your desire for revenge,........but another public humiliation????

How is this going to help the children???

But that's normal.

It's Lit.

Think BTB or RAAC.

SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

An interesting parallel story to the original "February Sucks". Thank you for posting it.

[ As an aside, I'm not sure why people who don't like the proliferation of FS follow-ups bother to (a) read another one and (b) say that they don't like them anyway. If they already know that, why read them and why comment ? ]

EightyThousandEightyFiveEightyThousandEightyFive9 months ago

The FS rewrites are… let’s just say, a bit tired. This one was a cut above the rest, though. I do like that you didn’t look at it as an excuse to correct some kind of injustice against “real men”, like so many sad BTBers

phill1cphill1c9 months ago

i also wonder why commenters ask why people read stuff they don't like. Maybe they don't know that they won't like it before they read it. Or maybe it's really just their prerogative to negatively comment.

I, for one, wonder why the FS story is even mentioned. How easy would it be to just write something about some football player or celebrity stealing a man's woman and not mention FS? It's certainly a trope at this point and really just speaks to intellectual laziness: "I can't even be bothered to write something that's HALFWAY original. Instead, I'll use the outline of a somewhat tired story that everyone knows." I'm sure it saves some keystrokes but it really just screams "boring redo". And that is what I read.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

While you acknowledged that this was a story inspired by “February Sucks”, I just felt using the names of the main characters took something away from your version. This was generally well-written with only a word gaff or two. Your plot developed effectively and moved nicely. I do agree that the children are a largely overlooked area of damage, though, as school mates would have been ridiculing them as well. Close to a 5; about a 4.4 stars

TonyspencerTonyspencer9 months ago

A nice follow up to the original, would like to see Egbert play a role in the next "ABC Team" revenge on a future Lothario. 5 stars.

ArdieffArdieff9 months ago

Linda just needs to burn in hell. No forgiveness for her.

Buster2UBuster2U9 months ago

20 Big Blazing Stars for this writer! Whoa, what a Great take on George Anderson's Feb Sucks! Marc goes to prison! I loved it. I loved the original and did my own ending, and I would gladly do another if I could think of another way to end it. This version, however, was terrific! Completely unique, with all the bases covered. LOL, Great read! Thanks, Buster2U

jflindersjflinders9 months ago

Just another RAAC tale, where the man takes the woman back despite the worst humiliation an author could think of.

The use of the names from Anderson's story was a little confusing. For a while I thought this was a continuation of FS despite the writer calling it FS-like.

DreddrasDreddras9 months ago

An enjoyable read, but I'm very confused by all the revenge against various third parties (their friends, for instance). Maybe I missed something, but how is it their fault that Linda betrayed Jim? I see no signs that this was a setup, instead by all accounts it was a spontaneous betrayal by Linda. I'm also very confused by Linda's insistence on getting "revenge" on this story's version of LeVallier. Again, there's no indication that he drugged her, or forced her, or did anything other than charm her into leaving with him. I can certainly see Jim taking offense, but what is Linda's beef?

imhaplessimhapless9 months ago

For the sake of humanity this story line has got to die!

That being said this was one of the most thoughtful and original of the follow-ups. 5* from me.

SithLord6969SithLord69699 months ago

If he had divorced Linda this would have received 5 stars and a fave. As it is it gets a 1.

This is the 3rd recent story where the bad guy gets a superb revenge against him while the poor husband takes his cheating wife back with no real consequences.

Bri29Bri299 months ago

LJA644 is a fantastic writer that’s clear ,but it’s a very hard pill to swallow where a husband takes back a wife after such a blatant humiliating betrayal.Linda is the villain here there’s no escaping that , no amount of clever writing can paint her in any other light .I can’t score it high because the ending just doesn’t seem realistic unless Jim is a closet cuck ,which is obviously not the case.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

That was exceptional. These stories about a wife that goes off with a celebrity always raise my blood pressure, but then it went in a very different direction. It wrestled with forgiveness and atonement, and it brought out the value of friends. I liked it a lot!

woodwardwoodward9 months ago

I have read the other comments but believe the story was well done and probably one of the best follow-ups'. The ending portion was rather flat though.

LWLover60LWLover609 months ago

Jim and Linda's story will never die. The theme is the sum of all fears for a happily married man. I really loved this version and the reconciliation for once does not disappoint.

Cracker270Cracker2709 months ago

Nice job. Enjoyed this one

lujon2019lujon20199 months ago

All that work and nothing to show for it but cucks

Xzy89c1Xzy89c19 months ago

Bailed half way through. Repetitive. Did she have an orgasm and then did he roll 9ver and sleep. Did you forget you wrote that multiple times.

SexecutionerSexecutioner9 months ago

The cream pie eating simps will love it, and this writer is obviously part of the group. But real men wouldn't take the slut back....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I thought it had been done to death, but this take on February sucks was very well thought out and an enjoyable read

Rocky62Rocky629 months ago

Good variation of “ the attack of the wandering handed celebrity octopus”

Lowrider2020Lowrider20209 months ago

Good job, new angles on a much used plot are welcome .

60022Mallard60022Mallard9 months ago

No car insurance, no warning in the U.K. Car is towed away.

Any policeman knowingly allowing an uninsured car on the road would lose their job.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I have read every ones variation on Jim and Linda's Valentines night and I must be a bit of a romantic because I really liked this one Well done (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

“Great story . . . pretty satisfying. One problem . . . maybe there's another definition in England, but the main character was NOT a cuckold by either definition of the term in English.”

cuck·old

noun

a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful, regarded as an object of derision.

Idk man, seems pretty straight forward to me. He is a cuckold.

remedy27remedy279 months ago

Insufficient revenge. He needs to even through score by fucking another woman and rubbing her face in it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Story was a good alternative to the original. One critique would be the repeating of several sequences that didn’t add anything.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Note to franceman. Jim clearly stated and repeated many times how he tried to negate the affect on the kids…. Did you feel they should have participated in some therapy secessions as Jim and Linda did?

amygdalaamygdala9 months ago

Not my cup of tea, to be honest. Especially living in a small community, where everyone knows everyone. That sort of treachery some might forgive and some might Not, but the fallout for the children! Kids have no societal filter, the hazings, put downs, insults that those kids will endure from their peers will go on for years. The premise also that the rich and powerful and famous have too much to loose by going after Marcus Vale is practically ludicrous to me. Real life scenarios are replete with examples. Do a quick google search and you will see the results yourself.

JensensloverJensenslover9 months ago

WHY can't you ALL stop rewriting this non story! Write YOUR OWN story, its become incredibly boring reading the SAME characters in this overdone, over cooked rubbish, enough is enough! Time the admins put a stop to it. Unlike the others who claim to be tired of it and still read it, I didn't. No score.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Really disappointed by the muppet comments but loved the story. Just because it's LW don't descend to lowest common denominator, ignore the fuckwits and write the story you want to write. You did well. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I enjoyed this story. It examined many possibilities as the story developed. I also liked the English flavor. The wife, while flawed, was a remarkable woman. Five stars.

JPB

secretsalsecretsal9 months ago

Transferring the setting across the pond doesn't make the story any better. But seeing as this seems to be required creative writing for most LW authors, hope you can move on to more fruitful stuff now.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

At least the MC got some measure of revenge, but any of these type stories that end in reconciliation only gets 1* from me as totally unbelievable. No man would or should accept that level of humiliation.

ReedRichardsReedRichards9 months ago

Maybe it would have been better if you'd changed the names of the characters. Setting it in Merrie Old England was different, but there's no equivalence at all between American football and the kids' game, European soccer. The difference between the two is why Americans are citizens and Brits are subjects.

.

The revenge was just way, way, way over the top for a reconciliation story; how do you get from that much hatred for the player and his former friends, and not have hatred for the wife as well?

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

That was an enjoyable read. "Rat up a drainpipe" deserves extra marks, it's a wonderful old British expression. 5* story.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now9 months ago

Very good retelling of this theme. I am a great fan of the original. I am a fan of this retelling, also!

EhsheehsheEhsheehshe9 months ago

Good story loved the outcome

silentsoundsilentsound9 months ago

Linda and all the other ridiculous whores are simply irredeemable characters.

This was elaborate but felt flat.

MarkTwineMarkTwine9 months ago

Like 95% of the authors that have tried this trope you completely failed for the same reason. When the slut walked out on her husband it was a cruel, cold, calculating, and public betrayal. No man could ever forgive such a low life bitch and still get to call himself a man. For a woman to act that way at she has to be a completely narcissistic uncaring bitch. You can’t have it both ways and still have a believable story. One star for the epic fail.

MarkTwineMarkTwine9 months ago

To c24j, Websters dictionary defines cuckold as “ a man whose wife is unfaithful”. Educate yourself before you try to educate others.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just OK but since Linda still gets away with it and he basically fights for her and keeps her and has sex with her I don't care for the story. I honestly think your point was missed by me so not you - its me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is the reason why i dislike the story. It goes out of its way to lessen the culpability of the cheating wife because she was sorry.

As despicable creature marcus (or marc) is, at the end of the day it was the wife of who chose to cheat. She was not forced by her friends or marc to cheat. She knew she was going to cheat. If anything, it false security of her husband's love that she decided to cheat. She leveraged her husband's love to cheat. That's made it worse because it shows that she abused her husbands love.

If that's how she show her love to her husband, she is better of the enemy.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd29 months ago

Linda got off way to easy. Too many of these February Sucks renditions let her off the hook. What she did was probably one of the worst thing you can do to someone you supposedly love. Coming back pregnant would probably be the worst. And I don't understand how you come back from that. These stories are not about one night of cheating. They are about throwing away someone you supposedly are in love with and totally disrespecting them, demeaning them, and demonstrating how truly selfish and self-centered the wife really is. Why would anyone think this is going to be a one and done behaviour?

Harryin VAHarryin VA9 months ago

Surprisingly good and quite complex and even if I dare say somewhat realistic?

.

First let me say that this author has always provided a good faith effort and generally has written some very good LW Stories. So it deserves serious consideration and analysis.

.

Let's start from the beginning. There are two key points in the original concept of the George Anderson February Sucks story -and its never ending offshoots.

1 -- the extreme unrealism of such an event.

2 - The initial premise/ specific set of events which are so horrific and so marriage damaging that it is hard for anyone to figure out how Linda and Jim's marriage can actually survive.

.

However in this version there are a few subtle changes which occur in the story which place it in the realm of maybe just maybe something like this could actually happen. They are:

.

A . linda doesn't write that horrible letter like in the original story

B The sex according to Linda is terrible and quite unfulfilling.

C Linda rapidly realizes what she has done expresses real remorse and is not glorifying the great sex that she had with the football player which occurs in the original story and most of the sequels.

.

The husband Jim does not take the wimp way out. He is filled with rage and violence. The first half of the story does an excellent job of expressing the rage, the humiliation, the emasculation, he is going through on a daily basis just from being out in public and at work.

.

I have to say I was very surprised by the ice cream truck humiliation scene that the wife put her through. I don't get surprised very often. It was an interesting plot device and it showed that the Linda character really understood what she had done and was really remorseful and was really making an effort to save the marriage. Very well done.

.

The scene of the return to the nightclub and the big fight there was a little cliche but it was done differently enough to make it interesting and entertaining. I could see why Jim had mixed feelings about it . I am not sure I appreciated the whole setup thing but a case could be made that Jim needed to fight to defeat the football player and to protect Linda and the wife and to regain his dignity in a public way.

.

Again all in all I really good story and if there could ever be a realistic version of FS this was probably the most likely way something like this could happen

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was pretty good. Better than average, but not by much. By having Linda tell him that the actual sex wasn’t anything special gave you the opening for Jim to reconcile. Had THIS Linda been over the moon by tne experience s GA’s Linda was, there would be no chance.

.

As well, you inserted a little bit of SaddleTramp’s flair by having the counselor be a part of some sort of shadow organization that helps guys like this. Still can’t decide if I liked that gimmick here or not…..

.

And the whole ice cream truck scene with Linda….weird. But overall…

.

4 ****

.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Blame shifting on an epic scale. Humiliating herself further doesn't alleviate any part of Jim's injury. Or the kids, her/his parents, his work associates. Noone. In this story, as Jim said, he's now just waiting for the next personality to come along and fuck Linda, cause she's already established that's who she is.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell9 months ago

The wife isn't a fucking victim and if I ever did that to my husband, publicly humiliate him like that, my marriage and good fortune would have died on the spot .

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It started out as a promising rewrite but once Jim stopped forcing Dr John to call him by his sir name the story goes downhill rather quickly. I was pretty much done with the story once Jim caved in and watched Linda try to humiliate herself in front of tne ice cream queue and the sex that followed. At that point this was just another pathetic cuckold amd RAAC story.

Story would have been better if the mystery lawyer had shown up suing Jim's employer for supporting sexual harassment and a hostile work environment. Also everything Jim found happiness in before Linda made him a cucky he was barred from so it doesn't make sense for him to still be a member of the golf club unless membership dues had already been paid for the full year. I skimmed some of the story after the dance at the golf club but once he was being pushed to go back to the red hat where their marriage amd lifes went to shit I stopped reading it was getring just to rediculous.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

One of the better! 5 stars

GardenshedGardenshed9 months ago

OK, this is one of the best re-writes of this story “February Sucks”…. Truly enjoyed how pissed off I got reading the beginning of the story. It was written with emotion. Also, enjoyed that there was a secret society to bring Vale down, getting Jim and Linda back together. Thought it was a good ending.

My favorite line of the story: “ I heard a clatter all the way down the stairs like a fairy elephant and then back up again, I'm sure two steps at a time.”

Thanks for writing, looking forward to your next story. Maybe Egbert will be a character? 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is a quite satisfactory variation on the original George Anderson story. But there is one great problem both in the original and, as is the case here, those that follow from it. The Linda presented by the author both in GA and here simply would not have done what she did to betray and humiliate her husband. She acts contrary to the character the author has given her. The act of betrayal is vicious and uncaring. That is not the Linda that we are given by the authors in her behavior before and after the betrayal.

Tomh1966Tomh19669 months ago

One of the lesser evil Linda versions.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Interesting spin to this much written about story. I liked your version, one of the most creative of the lot. Difficult to imagine a happy ending after a treachery like the one in the original story. Thanks for the story.

Cito22Cito229 months ago

ok.. as this is the 7 millionth installment of this story. This one was not bad at all. By changing some of the details, it did give this story a topping of freshness.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

In so many of these cheating wives stories the wife says she will make it up to him. I have searched through stories and asked in comments before - how? This author makes a clever stab at least for a partial solution - the wife joining in the humiliation she can’t undo. Thanks for that. Only real attempt at explaining HOW a cheating wife could “make it up to him” that I remember reading.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I enjoyed this story much more than the original, as the asshat was taken down by one of his victims.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart9 months ago

5. The bones of February Sucks were in there but there was enough cosmetic surgery to give it a face life to be something new and fresh. An interesting twist with the "organization" of victims trying to pick up the pieces of Vale's victims as they couldn't touch the man. I was kinda expecting the organization was working for Vale at first to either further humiliate the husband or some other reason like to try to force the couple to stay together so he'd have no blowback or was working for the wife but like that they were just trying to help the couple on their own. A good reconciliation too, it felt earned, Linda felt truly remorseful. Definitely one of the better FebSucks stories.

oldtwitoldtwit9 months ago

As a follow up on George’s great story, I think you did well but changed a bit too much of his story that you have used at the start, nicely put together and the end was ok.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

"how you think you can get past it?" - Why should he get [ast it? The counselor is showing his agenda.

\

You say "inspired by GA's story," then use his character names!

\

"I was about to go after her when Dee leapt in front of me" - Why is this being repeated? He just told the story of that night.

\

"But I didn't realise the amount of pain and hurt I caused" - How could she not? How would she have felt if the situation was reversed?

\

"Seducing married women in front of their husbands, but then not giving them a chance to fight back." - Yes, if he's so tough, have his friends stand back and stand up to the angry husband.

\

"I didn't know where I was" - Surely there was mail, or walk to the corner to find a street sign.

\

"he wanted to try something physical." - He wanted to try something physical as long as he had back-up.

\

Sorry, for me, no reconciliation is possible, no matter how much abasement she suffers.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This version of the story just doesn't hold up. I much preferred the American standard version more. And making it a reconciliation instead of a btb sucked. No man in his right mind would ever take back a cheating wife, no matter how much she apologized about it. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It is well written but there is no way on Gods green Earth that any self-respecting man would take back a woman who did that to him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

@c24j, he most certainly a cuckold, though not a cuck. His wife fucked another man, that makes him a cuckold.

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Technically a good read, nothing out of place, nothing wrong.

But the plot sucked.

You, like many of the others have poor old Jim wimp out when it comes to the cheating bitch.

At the Club she had choices, and she deliberately chose to go with Vale and in a calculated fashion as well. She knew full well what she was doing and she did it.

She even had the gall to tell her husband of her orgasm with Vale, why?

To humiliate him further???

Fucks me.

If Jim did that to Linda we ALL know what the result would be, No ifs no ands, just a divorce with questions asked. That’s how women work, no second chances. You cheat you’re through.

Bu here authors feel compelled to wimp out the husband to take her back.

Well, guess what? In these situations of deliberate and humiliating cheating by the wife, she isn’t taken back, and yes there’s no BTB, but there is a divorce.

Write this again and make it real, we’ll all enjoy that just a little bit more with a higher score.

However from me you failed in your story, and let yourself down.

Scores 2/5

Happily_Married87Happily_Married879 months ago

Good take on the classic, I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I like BTB stories but also seem to like good stories of reconciliation if that story is logical. This story is that, a logical story with, in this case, a realistic reconciliation. good job!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster19 months ago

An interesting, British take on the "February Sucks" Canon of stories.

Somewhat of a blend of a BTB(astard) and an RAAC tale, with a couple of unique twists I hadn't read in any of the others. I gave it 5 stars because the bad guy got his, the wife was truly regretful, the couple survived, and the villain got some jail time.

What more could you ask for ?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

And yet another one!

4

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice9 months ago

Well, the writing itself wasn't bad. However, I am guessing I am like the majority of humanity that believes some things are so over the top awful, that the person that caused them (the wife in this case) will never have a close relationship w/ the victim. This nonsense story tried to make it 100% Vale's fault. The Vale character is clearly a total waste of a human being, but he owes nothing to the couple. The wife is the one that made promises and then didn't just cheat, but rubbed her husband's nose in it. Any person that can do that obviously never truly loved the spouse. These stories only have realistic alternate versions where the couple don't reconcile. This was not simply a RAAC story , but toss in several more A's in the middle for more "any"s.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice9 months ago

I hated the whole part about the wife supposedly humiliating herself to equal things out. She made a conscious choice to abase herself. She did not have humiliation forced upon her by someone that supposedly loved her. The two things are not even remotely equal. The wife's abasement could only serve as a way for her to assuage her guilt.

OOAAOOAA9 months ago

GREAT story!!!!! Very well done! Congratulations ;)

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Linda remains unforgivable. You are better than this, write your own stories.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story wasn't amongst the worst the of the February Sucks remasters, but it also wasn't amongst the best. It was somewhere middle of the pack, probably just a bit above the midpoint.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked this story part of a relationship is definitely forgivenes. It trips me out how many people read a sex story site and preach morels. I did like seeing the celebrity get burned great job it was entertaining all the way through

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Reading the story is worth it for learning the word "gobshite." Seriously, an interesting take on the story

about a guy all alone who ends up with The Magnificent Seven backing him. Rated all five for me.

LifesearchLifesearch9 months ago

Wussy. Never go back. Once faith broken can never be 100%

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Appreciate the effort. Good writer....but I would appreciate a new story even more.

enderlocke77enderlocke779 months ago

U should stop copying and pasting stuff u have so many repeat sentences and even entire paragraphs. Like word for word repeats

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This for Reed Richards from an Englishman. Football is your ‘soccer’ it’s called football the world over. Your ‘football’ is at best rugby with body armour to keep you safe. Sort of like kids rugby :)

The tale was ok but still this whole cheating wives can be excused as ‘victims’ of predators, which makes women sound like children who need parenting to guide them and not strong, intelligent humans capable of regulating themselves and doing what’s right.

Would a husband be has easily forgiven? Or would everyone call for throwing him out and taking him to the cleaners?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good one.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut9 months ago

Not sure whether I can completely differentiate between a story well written and a story that makes me happy. I get the feeling that this is not as well written as the original February Sucks, and it does lighten up on the mental torture that Linda puts her husband through. This however is one of the rare versions of FS that I have read that didn't make me feel sick in my stomach.

Not so much a comment or critique of this particular rendition, more a wonderment of why I return to a story that so hurts my soul, and I've only read a fraction of the FS variations. A bit like using your tongue to touch some things on a dodgy filling to see if it still hurts?

Glad I read some of the other comments, some are written by very different people, some help you arrange your thoughts. Must agree with a previous comment that the ice cream van scene is a very original touch.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

Lowered your score for deleting my comment.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Mr Brooks commented, "'But I didn't realise the amount of pain and hurt I caused' - How could she not? How would she have felt if the situation was reversed?"

.

That's just it: it might not have felt as bad to her had the situation been reversed. The mostly male readership here just don't get that women, on the whole, are far more practical about sex than men, again, as a whole. The hated excuse, "It was just sex," is actually true for a lot of women.

.

Women see sex as important, but not necessarily the most important thing. That's why they, let's be honest here, stay with a husband who has cheated more frequently than husbands stay with wives who have cheated. They see husbands as important in their lives in ways outside of the bedroom, enough so that they can be more forgiving, because forgiveness, to women, is the more practical thing.

.

A lot of men see divorce as wholly unfair to men in the division of assets, child support, and alimony, and it can certainly seem that way immediately. But look five years down the road, and the divorced man will, on average, be better off than the wife from whom he is divorced. Child support is rarely sufficient, and a woman saddled with minor children is going to have less time in her life, for anything.

-- ReedRichards

oldmanbill69oldmanbill699 months ago

Well told redirect of GA's story. Agree with EasrCoaster1 all the way !

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Even though this original story has been done numerous times, this was a nice twist on the tale. 5*.

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
Interesting

Take on the theme

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked this Version of the story. But in some areas of the story it kept repeating it's self, other then that it was pretty good story. At least they stay married, and kept the family together..

usaretusaret9 months ago

Well written, enjoyed it a sight more than other of this ilk.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox9 months ago

EVERY version, rewrite and rehash of this sad tale that ends in reconciliation has failed, and will always fail. Linda neither loves nor respects Jim, and there is simply no way around that proven FACT.

Some betrayals are simply too egregious to be overcome. Choosing to publicly betray, degrade, humiliate and abandon your spouse is one of those irreconcilable betrayals.

The ONLY way to get to reconciliation is to have Jim be a wimp and a willing cuckold. BUT, if he were, he would have welcomed her home by taking her to bed and eating the creampie like a good little cuck.

There is simply no way he can be a man and stay with a woman who clearly and publicly let him know her only feeling for him is contempt.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not a bad angle. Reality is most men would never stay married and the few who would have hubby’s into sharing most likely. If indeed staying together most suggest two wrongs don’t make it right but she’d have to deal with a night with a woman of hubby’s choice as a celebrity isn’t a thing accessible.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Always ready for another reimagining of GA's story! Linda's ice cream truck stunt probably only made the headshaking worse after it had somewhat died down. "After all" people will say "first she publicly announces to him that she's off to fuck another guy, and then she puts on a ridiculous spectacle in front of her own house. And now he's still with her? What kind of a man is that?" Personally I don't see any reasonable ending to this or GA's original that doesn't end, as a bare minimum, without Linda being set on the curb. With any luck she'll be taken to the municipal rubbish tip. Still, even though I don't feel in sympathy with the story arc, it was a well written and interesting, if in places a bit unrealistic, take on the original. BTW, I recall people being turned, having sex changes, becoming non humans and other various transformations, but never do I recall a Lit. MC turning into an Egbert. Well done! 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLJA644@LJA644
I have asked Denham Forrest if I could use his words as I fully agree with them, for those of you who have not heard of him he is here. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=998438 he is also 'The Wanderer' I understand that some people do not enjoy my storie...

SIMILAR Stories