All Comments on 'I'm Forever Yours'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 141 Comments
Bronco56Bronco56about 1 year ago

That was sad. A great story. 5stars

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 1 year ago

A great heart wrenching story. 5🌟

other2other1other2other1about 1 year ago

Amazing, the amount of sorry and regret in this story really come through strongly. This wasn’t one of those break down and cry tales, rather the tears hang at the edges of your eyes for over half the story.

Very well written, I want to say enjoyable, but perhaps a sorrowful story that moves your heart.

Well done, 5 stars!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Such a sad story!

5

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

Unbelievably well-written story. 5 stars

Rw43Rw43about 1 year ago

Awesome story. Once again you did not disappoint.

<>

However, I am compelled to clarify the discordant note: his sole cause for suspicion was the fact that, on multiple evenings, she got a faraway look in her eye and distance from her family in her mind; this did not appear to make her troubled but instead like she was contemplating something really good. (I wish I could remember the exact quote.)

<>

To me, this does not jive with her demonstrated actions on the ship, nor Bedford's recollection, both of which were all about regret. But she wasn't displaying regret to her family.

<>

Perhaps I don't understand the psychology of a woman's regret beyond the protocols I have with my own wife, which is obviously different than anything I've ever read on Literotica. Everything else about your tale is achingly poignant. But this hinge seems faulty in my inexperienced opinion.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

Compelling piece of tragedy. Well done. A joy to read. Thank you.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

Powerful - nothing more needs to be said. Oh, maybe beautiful in a sense that their love was truly that deep!

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 1 year ago

After reading thousands of LW cheaters stories over the last few decades, this is the first where I feel sorry for all the participants.

Well done and five stars.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

Agree with the comment from The Style Guy and the others below that. 5*.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Well done. Definitely deserves a 5*.

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

Good story, but so very sad. D

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Powerful story, found myself almost in tears feeling his loss and situation. I thought the time lapse in how long it took him to move on, given she was cheating, was excessive. Also, he would have likely seen the same video showing she jumped. That video would have resolved the insurance delay as well. I would have gone with a tourist accidentally catching it on video and it not surfacing for years. Regardless, one of your best and worth every bit of 5*.

grogers7grogers7about 1 year ago

Saddest that I have read

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 1 year ago

This is a quality story, even if it has started the day in a depressing fashion. This would have been a 5 star, but I saw Bedford as a narcissist who really sought a dramatic death to regain the public limelight instead of an atoning figure.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

That's a very good story and quite different from the norm here. Congratulations! Very good job!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Sad well written story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956about 1 year ago

A sad, but wonderful story. Truly worthy of 5 stars!

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Sad. Powerful. Well written.

A few details don't seem to add up. David puts up with Donna acting distant for two weeks before he checks the location of her phone on the find a phone app. When he does check it the phone was turned off 16 days previously for an hour and 37 minutes. When he confronts Peter and Donna on the ferry it had been 3 weeks since the day her phone was turned off. Yet, in his explanation of the events Peter says their one time having sex was a week before the accident. David never questions this big discrepancy.

Donna may have been remorseful after the fact but, some of her actions don't add up for someone who made a one time error I'm judgement.

For two weeks when David would catch her being distant he observed the expression on her face as her thinking about something pleasant. He didn't detect any looks of shame, remorse or guilt. Even though Peter said it was months of him trying to seduce her combined with too much wine at lunch that caused her to fall ... She still had the presence of mind to turn her phone off so she couldn't be tracked. Since David says none of them had ever used the find a phone app since they installed it ... How or why would she have the presence of mind to turn her phone off if it was just a drunken, one time error in judgement? That seems like an intentional action because she knew she didn't want David to discover what she was up to.

Maybe Peter was giving David a version of events that he thought would allow David to move on with his life while she having good memories of Donna but, those disconnects in her actual actions compared to Peter's verbal description of her actions are glaring to me.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

Very sad but good at the same time. Thank you.

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

Very nice interweaving of the two time periods

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

Ok, I admit it, I'm an old sap.

Karn9Karn9about 1 year ago

Wow, such a powerful story! 5*+

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

A sad but well written story.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Well written, as expected from CWG. Hard to imagine someone so deeply committed to their spouse allowing themselves to stray, even if drunk.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 1 year ago

Quite moving and sad. Beautifully written. Thank you.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 1 year ago

Wow... touching. Thank you and thank you for the awesome depiction of the Puget Sound and our ferries here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Grief for a hoe, gimme a break!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written, but I just don't want to read this type of story, on a porn site, on the world wide web, in the loving wives section.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story as usual. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, couldn’t get past the wanton littering of the sea.

David sounds mentally unstable and Carol would be well advised to run away, fast.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

Nope

Write a happy ending for change.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

A beautifully written poignant story. I had tears in my eyes early on.

I lost my wife 50 years ago due to mental illness, last August would have been our 60th wedding anniversary.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 1 year ago

Well that was a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A little maudlin, but a great read....maybe because it's maudlin. Bravo.

SKHPSKHPabout 1 year ago

Gripping, well done! 5⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Simply fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a sad story. Good, but sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very powerful and sad story, written so well. One of the best stories I have read on this site. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What is this stupid wetness on my face?

5*

Powerful. Like someone reached out and spoke to me personally.

lujon2019lujon2019about 1 year ago

Donna got what she deserved not only for being a cheating whore, but trying to protect her lover from her husbnad

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

I agree with most of the comments. A well written story, far different to the "normal" stories here. However, his severe weakness of allowing the death of his wife to haunt and plague him for TEN YEARS was way excessive. He became a weak and moronic man. He had a daughter to raise and a life to get on with. If this reflected how he was mentally then it might explain how and why his wife was able to let herself cheat. He obviously didn't have the type of marriage he thought he had. Or a seducer would not have been able to be successful with his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Woof, that was quite dark.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

I had to break out in laughter when the other woman carol said that she was going to use logic to talk about the afterlife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Greek tragedy redux? Kinda hate the circumstances David got thrown into and how it messed him up. Regardless of the bummed out feeling the story left, it was well written. But there was a host of things that were not written and didn't happen, and that is more than worth 5🌟.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Is it really true that compliments have such a stunning and disarming effect on women that they are ready to spread their legs, forgetting or not caring about everything in the world? For me, so constant and obsessive praises should rather irritate and, certainly, make you think about the true intentions of the one who enthusiastically whispers them...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sad, tear jerker….. Great story, well written. Thank you for writing this story, very impressive. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree the guy was just for some reason bring to help David get over the loss of his wife. She was a cheater and was going to keep on cheating. However, I have no idea why this guy would want to help David and why he would be some homeless bum. A guy like him just moves on. I mean Donna did not jump to her death. He hints at it but it was not proven.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cheating wife gets caught and pays the price. Wimp husband mourns for 10 years. Give me a break. Guess her idea of "I'm Forever Yours" was much different than her husband's especially with her sitting around fondly remembering her affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done.

Frank66Frank66about 1 year ago

After calling this writer's last story here a 'muddled mess', I'll have to admit this one was clear and well thought out. An emotional tear jerker. Thanks for writing this.

CaptainbklCaptainbklabout 1 year ago

Pretty good story. Unexpected.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"She gently touched her forearm." - Either she touched his, or he touched hers.

\

"Whether you complimented her at home was irrelevant. Husbands are supposed to say those loving things. After a while, they ring hollow." - This is something that I can never get. While I can MAYBE see how a husband's compliments might seem rote after a while, a pussy hound's compliments SHOULD be seen as self-serving.

\

I don't get throwing away the photos.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

This is a very sad story and well written. Thank you for writing. I am sure that it was difficult to write. I have been on that Ferry boat a few times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"If there's an afterlife," she'd say, "and Donna is looking down on you,“

Wrong direction. Adulterers are looking up from Hell!

Also, once again, the woman doesn’t have any agency or accountability. It’s all the fault of the other man. No woman is capable of saying no.

Why is this story rated so high?!? It’s diseased crap. Just because she died doesn’t clear her slate. It’s not like she died trying to save him. She didn’t die because she shed her own blood in atonement. She just fell into the water while still an unrepentant adulterer. She should have no grave marker, and people should spit if her memory is brought up!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Donna was just looking for an excuse to act out on her natural inclination to be a cheating slut. Brad seemed to be a selfish guy who probably didn't sexually satisfy her. She'd then look for someone more talented. The satisfaction of having gotten away with cheating on our mc was the source of self satisfied far off look he was seeing on her face. Just a matter of time till see tried to couple that with a higher level of sexual satisfaction. I, for one am kind of glad the slut went over the side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree with miket0422. It also seems to me that there was much more than that one and only time that Peter told about. At least based on the fact that David, clearly recalling the day of Donna's alleged infidelity, did not notice any, even minimal deviations in her mood or behavior. Consequently, this was not the first time for her and she had already morally accepted it inside herself and learned to hide it emotionally and mentally. We will not hear the confession of Donna herself, and Peter, who decided to take his own life, could really try to imagine their sexual relationship in the most understated version, so as not to dirty her memory even more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty average. Just seemed to keep missing being really good. Great plot idea, just didn’t seem to be a lot of emotion

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 1 year ago

Love may be forever, life not so. However, life is full of unexpected things, some good, some bad. It's part of the deal. Thanks for the moving story. A well-deserved rating of 5*.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 year ago

Very well done description of the tragedy and the aftermath. I felt discomfort and and sadness reading about Donna’s dilemma. My experience was five stars. Thanks

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 1 year ago

Good story. Not my usual cup of tea, but the Bear approves. 5 stars. Thanks for the effort.

The BEAR

jamesapplejamesappleabout 1 year ago

This was very well done. I absolutely loved every bit of this.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayabout 1 year ago

And that story has been added to my "Too Fucking Sad" list. Good story, but man I should have prepared myself for a downer.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Another Great Story from CWG for 5 Big Blazing stars! Great Story of heart Break and Betrayal and remorse. Right out of the HallMark Channel movies! Great Story, Great writing, CWG you should be getting paid to do this! You are way up there! Thanks For the Effort. Great Job! thanks Buster2U

redboat7redboat7about 1 year ago

Wow!! Great Story, Loved it!!

WhyjustwhyWhyjustwhyabout 1 year ago

One hell of a writer. Stories are original and really hit hard on the emotional side. By the title, I was hoping for a nice feel good story. Like hitting a rough patch but not faltering, thinking he thought she was cheating and saw the kiss but finding out more she was always rejecting the advances and were their 'forevers' forever. But this sad tale was still a hell of a piece of writing. And this sad story with the moving elements made it an original piece.

timrivtimrivabout 1 year ago

In the end he was to hard on Donna’s memory.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

This is one hell of a story. Well done, author!

bluengraybluengrayabout 1 year ago

One of the best on this site! Love, love, love that song! Easy 5*! Thanks for writing!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

Unusual, and very good.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

What a sad but good story.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

Wow, just wow,this was powerful and sad. Did Donna slip over or did she kill herself?.

The sad part is they could have recovered from this, she made a mistake and regretted it, that is evident. I really felt this story , which is rare, and I kind of wished it didn't end up as it did once you gave the real story.

I commend you that you try to be different with your stories, it makes them a pleasure to read.

C_BlytheC_Blytheabout 1 year ago

Well that almost stirred up my feelings, and anyone who knows me will tell you thats hard to do. Well written!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Top story. Sad yes, but very good in the telling

Scores 5/5 and into favourites

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hard for me to check the "I Love It" star. However, for all the emotional angst this story calls forth (if one has an ounce of empathy for what--as depicted in the story--is in essence simply a terribly sad love story), the author's skill in structuring plot development (the unfolding of events) is undeniable.

So, for the demonstrated writing skills and the calling forth of a genuine emotional response, it deserve a 5.

Thanks for sharing your creative vision; please continue to do so.

But I didn't like it.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5! Wow, what a story. Emotional, well told with a minimum of words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I will never understand those stories where the wife supposedly loves her husband but fucks half the state anyway. Authors that use that device obviously don't have a clue what love is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was a very engaging story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. You captured the emotional state brilliantly. This was really well thought out. As for the anonymous ones slating it. Don't try to get jobs as psychologists. The suicide rate will go through the roof with your level of ineptitude in understanding the human psyche. Time to get back under that bridge before any more goats try to cross it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So as usual with cheating wives it was the wine's fault. OK. Got it. Perhaps we should look into banning wine. That would certainly keep quite a few wives from spreading their legs. Since wine seems to be the great leg spreader in most women.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
As

Always a great heart touching story, I feel the emotion, the pain, the hurt, the hate. You are a wordsmith.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I must say that I'm not a big fan of this one. Besides it just being a sad and convoluted story, it just doesn't really work for me. As mentioned before, the story seems to contradict itself. I understand wanting to make her look guilty to justify his suspicions, but the way you did it doesn't fit with the later narrative. Red herrings are fine to add to a story to justify those suspicions, but you need actually reveal that they were red herrings or you end up with a story like this one that doesn't flow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very well written. Good story. Solid 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This submission is to melodrama what a double fudge ice cream sundae with extra sprinkles is to sugar - an overdose nearing toxicity. I liked the Frontiers album and most of their other work very much, but listening to Journey seems to have an adverse effect on CWG. Hopefully, he will keep that in mind as he chooses concerts and playlists in the future. Will look forward to his next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While a bit far fetched the ending was certainly novel. Well written. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
Too Emotionally Manipulative; But Still Very Good

If it is that easy to slip and fall over the railing they must have A Lot of casualties on that ferry. You'd think they might do something about a low railing and a slippery surface. It that too technical?

\

But I get it. It could have been some other setting that gave the same accidental death results. But that's not the plot fault. The plot fault is the supposedly intelligent but remorseful wife. If the wife is so intelligent then how come she didn't already know the guy she was working for was a renowned and successful pussy hound? The asshole just admitted he was a master at seduction, experienced and bragging about it. So she had to have known what the asshole wanted, and eventually she gave it to him. Must have been a pretty miserable fuck since she didn't want any more. So how much forgiveness does she earn for only fucking the guy one time? How do we know it would have only been one time once she got used to getting away with it, got wrapped up in the political lime light and all the excitement? Once a cheater . . . ?

\

What she really did was save him the expense and humiliation of a divorce. I hope she had Gobs of life insurance, with the accidental death bump. Sweet.

\

I guess the other plot fault is that the asshole somehow got a conscience and then killed himself. You apparently don't know much about assholes, and politicians. Guilt, remorse, sympathy, self denial? Don't you ever watch the news, read some online news services, familiarize yourself with some political biographies? Ever hear of Teddy Kennedy, and the woman he drowned? Al Gore deserting his wife? John Edwards knocking his mistress up and then leaving his wife? C'mon man, its just pussy. The whores are throwing it at them; money and power are the ultimate aphrodisiacs.

\

Yeah, this story should probably be in the Fantasy category. Still, thanks for the read.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

I liked the conclusion for Donna and her asshole boss, but the husband mourning her for 10 years was depressing as hell.

-

Donna didn't just fall into bed with her boss one afternoon, she engaged in a lengthy emotional affair... until it turned physical. The boss started seducing her from day 1, and despite her playing hard to get, she loved all the flirtation and attention he was lavishing on her.

Donna staring wistfully off into space was what made the husband suspicious in the first place!

-

She didn't deserve 5 minutes of his grief, let alone a decade. Nothing is more pathetic than a cucked husband who can't move on from a cheating wife.

The bitch was fish food. He should've been toasting karma for saving him a costly divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very, very good story.

No holes left. Absolutely devastating and tragic, but with the first glimmer of real hope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story with a very interesting twist. The anguish he lived through for ten years must have been horrific

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story of love and mistakes and regret, and humanity.

DakotaTRDDakotaTRDabout 1 year ago

Good story - quite emotional

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a nauseating compilation of sentimentality, pathos and melodrama. Journey does not deserve the infamy of inspiring this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Remarkable. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow, you keep raising that bar for yourself, and thus raised, you flat-foot it right over. Easy peasy. Very Noir, and in doing so, you punched all the necessary noir buttons. It seems unjust to only be able to rate this five, the big cinco.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

Wow, I've rarely read anything more in-depth.

Well told and really insightful. Good work! 5*!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

A very soulful story...

5/5

rdcyclistrdcyclistabout 1 year ago

Well done. A remarkable piece of storytelling. Thank you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...