I'm Not Who I Used to Be Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're so good to us, Daddy," Karlie told me, hugging me from behind as I drove, "Me and Kerrie and Momma love you very, very much; and we always will."

"Aw, thank you, baby," I softly replied, with a proud and happy smile on my face, "I love the three of you with all my heart, and I always will, too."

~~~~~~

HER

Michael has always been, and, along with our children, will always continue to be my heart, soul, and life. He's the kind of man that every woman dreams of in the deepest, most secret reaches of her heart. Granted, it might've taken a while for me to realize it, but once God opened my eyes to what he'd had in store for me all along, I promised him that I would hang onto Michael with both of my arms as well as my legs if need's be for as long as God allowed me to dwell upon this earth...

~~~~~~

"Oh, my goodness," Mom excitedly smiled, when she greeted the four of us at her front door, "What a wonderful surprise," and then she looked behind her into my girlhood home and yelled, "JOHN! YOU NEED TO COME HERE RIGHT NOW...!"

~~~~~~

"Goodness me," Daddy widely grinned, when he saw us, "If it isn't my two favorite granddaughters, come here to visit."

"Come on, Pee-Paw," Karlie giggled, "We're your only two granddaughters; and we're here to take you and Mee-Maw out to lunch..."

~~~~~~

"Did everyone get enough to eat?" Michael asked, once everyone at the table had pushed away from their plates.

"I'm stuffed, Mike," Daddy smiled, rubbing his slightly portly belly, "I couldn't eat another bite if I tried to."

"What about you, Mallory?" Michael sweetly asked, "Would you care for anything else?"

"Oh, Michael, honey, no," Mom sweetly replied, "Thank you for asking, though."

"She's right, Mike, thank you very much," Daddy said, reaching for his wallet, "How much do I owe you for mine and Mal's part of the meal?"

"You don't owe me a thing," Michael grinned, "Your money's no good here."

"Come on, now," Daddy tried to object, "This restaurant is very well known for their rather high prices, so; I can't let you pay for all of this."

"Yes, you can," Michael smiled, "And you will...please let me do this, okay?"

"And we both thank you, Michael," Mom replied, giving Daddy a quick but scalding glare, "But only on the condition...that you let Sarah's father and I return the favor in the near future."

"You've got yourself a deal, pretty lady," Michael sweetly told Mom, taking her hand into his and kissing it, "You just let us know when, alright?"

"Whew," Mom girlishly blushed, playfully fanning her face with her hand while looking at me with a knowing smile on her face, "Has Michael always been this charming, Sarah?"

"Yes," I chuckled, "Why do you think I married him, Mom?"

"You were very smart to snatch him up so quickly," she teased, "Otherwise some other girl might've beaten you to it."

"I don't think so, Mallory," Michael warmly replied, placing his arm around my waist as he gently pulled me into his arms, "I would've waited for Sarah no matter how long it took."

"I love you, Michael," I devotedly told him, standing on my toes to kiss his lips, "And I always will."

"As will I you, my love," he tenderly replied, "Forever and a lifetime after that..."

~~~~~~

Chapter Three

As Michael was driving us back home, I looked into mirror on the visor to check my make-up and saw that Kerrie and Karlie were both sound asleep in the back seat, leaning against each other. I thought it was as sweet a picture as I'd ever witnessed and wasted no time in mentioning it to him.

"Look in the back seat, baby," I quietly whispered, "Isn't that one of the sweetest things you've ever seen?"

"Aw, how precious is that?" Michael softly smiled, as he looked in his rear-view mirror, "I love those two so much, almost as much as I love you."

"And I love you, too, my beautiful husband," I warmly replied, scooting over to sit next to Michael while placing the palm of my hand on the inside of his right thigh, "I never said "thank you" for waiting on me, my love; so, thank you."

"You're more than welcome," he tenderly replied, "Besides, my father taught me that good things come to those who are patient enough and willing to wait..."

~~~~~~

ME

Our daughters ended up sleeping the whole way home, awakening only when I pulled into the driveway of Mom and Dad's house.

"Are we home, Daddy?" Kerrie sleepily asked, slightly leaning over my shoulder to look around, "I sure didn't mean to sleep the whole way; I'm really sorry."

"That's okay, my angel," I gently replied, coddling her, "And yes, we're home, so, I need you to wake Karlie up for me. Okay, baby?"

"I'm awake," I heard Karlie giggling behind me, her face appearing right beside her sister's "You'll have to forgive us for being such lunk-heads."

"That's perfectly okay, sweetheart," I smiled, "You girls must've been really tired, because you two went straight to sleep not too long after we left Mee-Maw's and Pee-Paw's house..."

~~~~~~

I headed for the shower the moment we got home and once I'd showered and changed clothes, I returned to the den where Mom and Dad were sitting with Sarah and the girls to receive a very nice surprise...

~~~~~~

"Come over here and take a seat, son," Dad smiled, reaching over to retrieve s small stack of paperwork that was sitting on the coffee table in front of the couch, where he was sitting next to Mom, "I need your signature on the documents I have here."

"What documents," I asked, "What're you talking about, Dad?"

"Just hear him out, honey," Sarah excitedly grinned, "You're going to absolutely love this..."

~~~~~~

The document that Dad had spoken of turned out to be not only the title for the ten-acre chunk of land that was located at the back of the ranch property by the river, but also a document which bore the name of an architect who Mom and Dad had hired to draw up the blueprints for Sarah's dream house.

"What the hell is this?" I asked, somewhat surprised, "Is there something going on here that I'm not aware of?"

Dad was about to answer me until Mom took over the conversation; and with a gentle smile on her pretty face, started to explain everything to me.

"Here, Michael," Mom knowingly grinned, as she handed me a sealed envelope before telling me anything else, "Ahmet came by here earlier and dropped this off for you; so, before I tell you anything else, you and Sarah need to open this envelope and take a look at what's inside..."

~~~~~~

"Holy Mary, Mother of God," I gasped, opening the envelope to discover a check made out to me in the amount of One Million, Four Hundred and Fifty-Thousand Dollars, "Where the hell did this come from?"

"Ahmet said it was only the first quarter of not only Odyssey's album sales, but also your writer's royalties as well," Dad proudly replied, grinning from ear-to-ear, "Congratulations, Mike! I can't tell you how proud of that your mother and I am, son."

"He's right, Michael," Sarah began to happily weep, her arms now tightly around my neck, "Congratulations, baby; I'm so proud of you..."

~~~~~~

"I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your money, son," Dad later advised me, "But I think it would be very wise of you to put that check into the bank as soon as possible."

"You're right about that," I told him, "And I'll do it right after I drop the girls off at school. I also want you to please call that architect so that Sarah and I can set up an appointment with him to go over the floor plans for our house, okay?"

"Of course," he smiled, "She's really anxious to meet with the two of you as well."

"She...?"

~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY

HER

After I dropped the girls off at school, I drove back home to make sure that Michael was up and awake. We had an appointment in ninety minutes to meet with the architect that J.T. and Susan had referred us to.

Plus, we also had to go to the bank beforehand to not only deposit the check that Ahmet had dropped off for Michael, but also put it into the savings account that Michael had set up in both of our names not too long after we were married. Wealth and money had never been, nor would it ever be an issue for me where my love for my husband was concerned.

However, Michael's actions with the money he'd made from his music showed me just exactly how much he loved us that morning...us, meaning myself and our daughters...by placing his earnings safely away in order to take care of his family without even thinking about spending it on anything for himself.

My beautiful Michael truly is the man for me, and I thank God daily for allowing me to be able to see that when I was younger. I mean, just the thought of losing him hurts and pains me deeper than anything I could imagine. But when I tell him that, he quickly lets me know that he didn't care how long he would've had to wait for me to see his love for me...he would've waited. God bless his kind and gentle soul...

~~~~~~

Michael had set up trust funds for Kerrie and Karlie both, leaving the option open for being able to add to the principle in the not so distant future. He also handed me a cashier's check in the amount of one hundred thousand dollars telling me, "Here, baby! I want to have some "running around money" to be able to spend it on anything your beautiful heart desires," and then he tenderly kissed me on the lips right in front of the bank officer.

"Jeez, Michael," I gasped, "Are you insane? You're giving me a hundred grand for the purpose of spending it frivolously."

"So?" he boyishly smiled, "If I want to give my wife some money, I will, my love; and there's nothing you can do about it," followed by him playfully sticking his tongue out at me as if we were both in grade school and out on the playground.

"What am I going to do with you?" I simply laughed.

"Just keep loving me like I know you already do, Sarah," he tenderly replied, taking my hand and kissing the back of it...

~~~~~~

"So, where is the architect's office?" I asked, right before we left the bank.

"It's funny you should mention that," Michael boyishly grinned, making my heart skip a beat every time he did that, "It's right here in the same building on the fifth floor..."

~~~~~~

The moment we exited the elevator we found ourselves standing in front of two clear glass double doors with the names "Phillips, Watkins & Townes Architectural Firm" painted in bold black letters on it. And after opening the door to the right, Michael followed me in and stood at the receptionist's desk.

The receptionist was clearly a younger girl because of the fact that she stood up with a smile on her face and excitedly said. "You're Michael Taylor, lead singer for the band, Odyssey, are you not?"

"That's correct," Michael politely replied, "And we're here to see Ms. Julie Phillips, please."

"Wait one moment please," she excitedly smiled, and then picked up her phone, which after a few seconds we heard her excitedly say, "He's here, Jules," after which she smiled at us and said "Ms. Phillips will be here in a few minutes. Can I offer either of you something to drink?"

"No, thank you," I sweetly grinned, "But we appreciate you asking."

"I hope you'll excuse me for saying so, Mister Taylor," the girl smiled, "But I love your music. I did the very first time I heard it."

"What's your name, sweetie?" Michael politely asked her.

"It's Kelly," she elatedly replied, "Kelly Watkins. My older brother, Jimmy, is one of the partners here. He got me this job after I graduated from high school."

"Well then, Miss Kelly Watkins," he grinned, "I would like to personally thank you for giving us such a fair compliment; and please feel free to call me Mike, okay?"

"Okay," she coquettishly giggled, "But I think that Michael so sounds so much nicer, if you don't mind, that is."

"See there?" I teased, reaching over and caressing his chest, "I'm not the only person who thinks that?"

"You guys are married, huh?" Kelly very sweetly inquired, "I can tell by the way that you look at one another, plus, you're both wearing wedding rings."

"Why, yes, we are," I appreciatively said, "You're pretty observant for someone your age."

That's what my Dad says, too," she proudly smiled, "I'm going to major in Criminal Justice when I go to college next semester. I want to be a homicide detective."

"Good luck," I encouraged her; "I think you'll be a great one."

However, before she could reply, a lady who was somewhere in her mid to late forties suddenly appeared from around the corner with a very welcoming smile on her face and said, "Michael and Sarah, it's so nice to finely meet you two in person. Your mother and father have told me a great deal about you both, Michael."

"Is that right?" Michael again boyishly grinned, "If it was good then you can be fairly sure it's a load of horse manure."

"Your mother, Susan, told me that you were full of that sometimes, too," she giggled, "Please. If you'll follow me to my office we can get down to business..."

~~~~~~

"Alright then," Julie smiled, handing Michael a large manila envelope, "Your father has allowed me total access to the property that he gave you and has also registered it in the county courts under your name. Inside the envelope I just gave you are the title and deed to the property in both of your names."

"Whoa, wait a minute," I gasped in objection, "That property has been in my husband's family for longer than he and I both have been alive. I don't think it's right that my name should even be included, much less placed on the title and deed."

"Easy baby," he gingerly smiled, taking my hand and kissing the back of it, eliciting the gentle smile that appeared on Julie's face, "You became a member of my family on the day that we were married and that's final."

"Really?" I quietly asked smiling.

"With all my heart," he softly replied, nodding his head.

However, being the professional that Michael and I both came to absolutely respect, Julie looked at us and asked, "Do you two have a general floor plan in mind for your house?"

"Hell, don't ask me," Michael good-naturedly teased, chuckling as he motioned his head toward me, "It's her house; I'm just gonna live there."

~~~~~~

ME

After we left Julie's office and were on the way home, Sarah took my hand and sweetly told me, "Have I told you how much I love you, lately, baby?"

"All the time, my love," I warmly replied smiling, "Why?"

"There are a number of reasons really. But it's mostly because of the things like what we just did, going to see Julie to talk about building our house, which, I want to thank you for building me our dream house, I love you so much for that, Michael," she shyly replied, "Most of the couples I see that're our age are struggling just to get by, and even thinking about building a home at this point in their relationships is just a dream that is totally out of the question."

"You're right, Sarah; and while I'll be the first person to tell you that I have a tendency to be a bit of a dreamer," I told her, "I also believe in hard work so that things like owning our own home is more than just a dream. That's another reason why the divorce rate is so high," I continued, "People these days aren't willing to put forth an honest effort to make things work in their favor...and I love the fact that you're willing to jump in and lend a hand without being asked, kind of like it's second nature to you."

"Aw, thank you, Michael, baby," she tenderly smiled, leaning over and quickly kissing my lips, "That's got to be one of the sweetest; if not the sweetest thing that anyone has ever said to me."

"I was just telling the truth as I see it, that's all," I quietly told my beautiful and precious wife, "I can't be anything but truthful. Not only is it the only way I know how to be, but I want to set a good example for our daughters ya know."

"Oh, that reminds me," Sarah told me, "I need to pick up some new running shoes and some new sweat pants and tee-shirts for the twins, and I was wondering if you could take me to Warner's Sporting Goods.

"That's fine," I happily smiled, "Besides, Dad's new saddle is ready and he asked me to go by the tackle shop and pick it up while we're in town, so I'll just go with you if that's okay."

"That's perfect," Sarah sweetly cooed, "You can help me pick out some new shoes for our girls, Daddy..."

~~~~~~

After Sarah and I had finished shopping for the Karlie and Kerrie, she went with me to run the errands I'd spoken of, and then we drove home, the palm of my beautiful Sarah's left hand resting on the inside of my right thigh, closely sitting right next to me in the cab of the truck...

~~~~~~

Once we reached the house I noticed that no one seemed to be home and the moment the thought entered my head my beautiful Sarah naughtily asked, "Mmm, it looks like we might have the house to ourselves for a little while. Do you think we might have enough time for a quickie...?"

"It seems like you read my mind, my love," I knowingly grinned, as Sarah began to unbutton her top the moment I turned my truck off and pulled the keys from the ignition...

~~~~~~

When we were finished making love it seemed like the morning had passed into the afternoon rather quickly, and before I knew it Sarah looked at the clock in our bedroom, shocked to discover that it was almost time to go pick the twins up from school.

"Oh, shit," I laughed, "Have we been fucking the whole afternoon?"

"It looks that way," Sarah laughed, wincing as she got out of the bed, "Damn, no wonder I'm so sore..."

~~~~~~

The moment that the twins were finished with their homework Karlie started right in, eagerly asking me, "We've finished our homework, Daddy. Can we get another Karate lesson, please?"

"She's right, Daddy," Kerrie smiled, "It's time for you to teach us something new."

"Okay, my little sweeties," I knowingly smiled, "Go put on your ghee's. Oh, and make sure your mother puts her's on, too..."

~~~~~~

The drug store was right down the street from the dojo, so while Sarah was picking up a prescription that the OB/GYN had called in for Claire, I popped in and picked up three Karate Belts, and now the time had come to award them to Sarah and the twins..."

~~~~~~

Sarah and the twins had been working very hard on their Martial Arts skills and were currently at the Orange Belt level and, that afternoon, I decided it was time for them to receive their Green Belts. While Kerrie still stood head and shoulders above Sarah and Karlie, I didn't want to show any favoritism amongst the three of them, hence the reason I kept her at the same level as her mother and sister.

Still though, Sarah and I both knew deep down inside that Kerrie was my Star Pupil. And while Sarah had no problem whatsoever with it, I didn't want Karlie to feel inferior or left out. But what I didn't know was that Karlie didn't have a problem with it either, and was thrilled for her sister as I would find out that afternoon with the "surprise" that awaited me when lessons began..."

~~~~~~

"Alright, ladies," I smiled, as we were dressed out for lessons, "I know that you three have been working very hard on not only your Katas and Kiso Katas, but also your skills, all of which I'm very proud. That's why I want the three of you to demonstrate what you've learned thus far." And then upon my command, Sarah and the twins performed their primary Katas followed by their Kiso Katas with razor sharp skill and precision.

Once they were done, Sarah looked at me with a knowing grin on her pretty face and respectfully asked me, "How did we do, Sensei?"

"Excellent," I proudly smiled. Then I suddenly and loudly barked, "ATTENTION," making the three of them stand rigidly facing forward.