All Comments on 'Images in Henna'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I loved the ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
AMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

What the heck. I love the story and i really hope that there will be more.

jenorma2012jenorma2012almost 8 years ago
Not bad

But I would not have had her say that at her friends wedding, but I though that it took a lot of guts to come out like that, I also though it was a little slow in starting, but that just made me want to keep reading, hope there is more to come

tygztygzalmost 8 years ago

I loved this story, though it definitely leaves the notion that it's not yet complete.

Predictive spoiler.... Scroll at your own risk.

Madeline fell in love with her long ago, thus her outward homophobia because she doesn't realize that Ragini is a lesbian, and Maddy's mom reacted and worked hard and shoving society's expectations on her and tried to keep her away from Ragini.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful Story

Really loved this story and the ending was a surprise and superb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well done MSTarot!

I hope there's more but if not it stands on its own as is. Loved the story and loved the line she threw at Angela at the end. Perfect.

gnome_mangnome_manalmost 8 years ago
Such a good story

I could see, no, feel Ragini's pain so strongly that I was in tears at times. Terrible, terrible pain. To live with such pain, for so long, can destroy anybody.

Hopefully, she will recover. With Jen's help, it might happen. I hope that Jen is able to accept that some part of Regini's heart will always be someone else's.

I have to agree with one of the others, that Madeline's own feelings are focused on Ragini. Why else would Madeline's mother start forcing them apart?

Sad about Angela, isn't it?

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4ualmost 8 years ago

Ragini, my heroine! OMG! Such courage it must have taken to do that at the wedding. What about Jen? She's the one to help Ragini "come out" but like she said, it's not about who "deserves" - it's about living Life to the fullest and not in regrets. I'm paraphrasing here but just as I was about to say her and Ragini "deserve" a chance to be together, I remember Jen's words. I do however, hope this opens a new chapter, literally in Ragini life and MSTarot provides us with more goodness from these characters. Well done

biercebiercealmost 8 years ago
Simply beautiful!

Thank you for a wondrous story.

ShelleysGirlShelleysGirlalmost 8 years ago
Loved it

Really enjoyed the storyline and the characters. A few minor grammatical glitches, but worth five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Simply...

brilliant.

I'm off to work now.

parawaparawaalmost 8 years ago
Well done...

I've often wondered about the sexy dreams of Indian women- the pressures to conform and the intense lust in the eyes. Girls wandering naked in the home is an image I'll keep in mind. Well done, it's great to get a different culture's lust in here!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years ago
Wonderfully crafted, beautifully conceived

You've built this story on a core of beauty, a real idea full of intensity and heart. By itself, that would have been worth the 5 stars. But then on top of that, you structured and paced everything with an artistry perfectly gauged to showcase that fabulous core.

Excellently done!

candykinscandykinsalmost 8 years ago
Senses

This was beautiful. You painted the scenes with all the senses, letting us imagine even the smells, tastes, and sounds. I also enjoyed the slower pace. A story like this needed the more delicate touch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You've succeeded, once again

I always look through the list of contest entries to find authors whose works I like. And finding MSTarot, I clicked on the link immediately. I'll admit Lesbian Sex isn't my favorite category, but figured I like the author's stories, so I won't be disappointed. And what a wonderful story - the sights, the smells, the conversation - I felt I was there, in Ragini's shop, enjoying myself with old friends. As always, well-developed characters - to me, the most wonderful part of your stories. And the ending - priceless! Ragini is the only one with the courage to state the truth - the kind of friend we all should have. And Jim - won't be long before he has an affair since he can't keep his eyes from wandering. Hope Madeleine wakes up and stops the wedding.

KethandraKethandraalmost 8 years ago
Well done

That was a sweet tale told well. The voice of the narrator was delightful. And a laugh at the end. I didn't expect her final public revelation, but how appropriate for Nude Day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not my choice of exit

But Im a white middle class male. The Hindi perception compelled me to read through and read the detail. You realise youre in another place of perception from your own. Sexy but challenging - I like to hear more from this migrant.

junamjunamalmost 4 years ago

I like your style of cutting back and forth between the past and the present. The care and love with which characters and their feelings are treated is admirable. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One thing I love about this story is that you used my culture and ethnicity for this story. Which makes the story more relatable to me. Love it and I enjoyed it. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous