All Comments on 'Impact 08: of Confession'

by SiteNonSite

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
lazy_readerlazy_readerabout 2 years ago

Wow! Talk about the narrator being an unreliable reporter. Sarah has been holding out on us. It will take a while to digest all of this. Now, if only Sarah can get her head clear, and confess to the one person who needs to hear it: Claire.

I'll be rereading this a few times. Thanks for this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow ! Let there be light, I have been looking forward to this and disappointed I am not, Powerful writing. Definitely more please. Thank you.

SilvermireSilvermireabout 2 years ago

This girl is absolutely fu#/ed in the head !

EarlyMorningLightEarlyMorningLightabout 2 years ago

Been waiting for this, and it didn’t disappoint. You’re both exceptional writers. The characters and the story, of course, but you’re doing incredible things with your prose and form. This is so fucking artful.

crmdpdcrmdpdabout 2 years ago

Please don't make us wait for the next chapter

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

Sarah’s inner conflict/dissonance plays out for us in a painfully powerful way; so easily to feel in the moment. Have said in one of my comments to Butteredcrumpet’s post of “Impact of Collision” that so many scenes could be staged like a play, and so much of this chapter is essentially a soliloquy — one we watch mesmerized. You posted at the front end of the earlier chapters that “When Sarah is alone the story is in the past tense. When Claire and Sarah are together the story is in present tense.” Aside from how hard that is to pull off as a writer, the style reflects for me the nature of this relationship — in the “past” Sarah is alone, in the “present” she is not (need not be). The dramatic closing penance is in every way climactic; paced and structured so erotically - so beautifully written. xxxxx

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 2 years agoAuthor

Wonderful to read these responses, and so glad to hear this feels like payoff for those of you who have been following along. The confession has gone through a great many changes, but it was one of the earliest parts of the story written down. And yeah, even by Sarah’s estimation she’s got a lot of baggage. The next chapter is coming very soon crmbpd. As for soliloquies, I am a strong believer in speaking one’s mind, sharing one’s thoughts, I’m glad this reads like one Migbird- even though Sarah tells Father Mike precious little, she is, I think, finally confessing to herself.

Cc2241Cc2241about 2 years ago

Very powerful writing! I love the way you've captured the angst and guilt of growing up which ultimately impact who we are as we get older: teenage fear about sex, meeting the expectations of our parents, misogyny, religious guilt, discovering your true orientation. Wow, really well done.

Jordan91Jordan91about 2 years ago

So invested in this story, you’ve done a really great job. Can’t wait for the next chapter.

lazy_readerlazy_readerabout 2 years ago

Following Sarah's thoughts on multiple streams is challenging, but it's an ingenious way to use the past to explain the present. And there is so much of the past to understand.

Everyone tells Sarah not to be afraid. How will she do that? Claire could help her, but Sarah has driven a wedge between them. The final scene gives me a little hope. I fear the next chapter will be hard to read.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 2 years agoAuthor

I find stories where characters exist in context beyond the sex (partners, siblings, friendship, work) far more engaging CC, and therefore far more charged. I’m glad you like the world we built around Sarah, and to a lesser degree around Claire. It’s been wonderful to tease out what’s driving Sarah. I’m very pleased to know readers are enjoying this chapter in particular Jordan91 - relieved even - since this is the payoff. There’s more to come, more to be revealed, but if we lost you here the whole thing has been for nothing. I can’t wait for the next chapter to drop Lazy_Reader, I am very much looking forward to your response.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

Astonishing subtlety and sensitivity. Father Mike is exceptional but not implausibly so. You allow us to experience Sarah's confession from within the turmoil of her own mind. We learn that the imbalance in the sexual relationship of Sarah and Claire is not due to D/s but to Sarah's own neuroses; Claire has repeatedly sought to go down on Sarah but it's Sarah who is blocked.

Sarah experiences loving-kindness and mercy in her encounter with Father Mike, whom her pious parents have foisted upon her! And she experiences, at the site of St. Patrick's Cathedral, the oppressiv weight of the institutional Church under which Father Mike is laboring.

I wish every faithful Catholic could read this chapter, particularly the stream of Sarah's consciousness framed by the text of the Hail Mary.

Brilliantly done!

(I just wish that you didn't repeatedly misuse "I" when the sentence calls for "me.")

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 1 year agoAuthor

I have had a couple Father Mikes in my life over the years GaiusPetronius, which I think is the reason he feels plausible. He is. While I don’t think this is the sexiest chapter, I think it’s the one I’m most proud of. (I do my best, and HWGT and BC do their best to temper my worst, but again we are all volunteers. The me vs I is something I know, but HWGT will attest, I often ignore good grammar in favor of what “sounds” best. )

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

Thoughtful comments here. Yes, I was surprised by Father Mike, what a good priest. I love that the first thing he tells Sarah is how proud her mother is of her, how she tells Father Mike of her daughter’s good work at the Times. Pity mom couldn’t say that to Sarah! But Sarah can see her mother in a better light. Oh, I’ve spent my life wanting to like and forgive the Catholic Church but I’m kidding myself. Father Mike is exceptional, but the church needs more women in each parish in a priestly role - even if they aren’t actually priests. I’m an Episcopalian and I’m fortunate, I attend a church with a very diverse community and the rector is a woman, a very wise and loving old bird - who takes the liturgy seriously as do I. Although the person who really helps me there is the director of music, who is not a priest but I’ve known him since I was young.

I agree with other comments, this chapter really brings Sarah’s doubts about her self-worth and her sexuality into focus. So much in the earlier chapters makes more sense now. I’m sad now.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 1 year agoAuthor

Awwww. I’m heartened to know this story can make you feel sad _robin, but don’t fret, we are following Sarah out of darkness, not into it.

Father Mike is amalgam of a few priests I’ve known, Catholic and Episcopalian you’ll be happy to know.

pcman1950pcman1950about 1 year ago

Dear SNS: This chapter is so far beyond erotica. The depths you've plumbed regarding our past influences, the deleterious impact of perverted Christianity (and almost certainly all religious hierarchies) and the profound isolation that can result from these deserves a more complete response from your readers than I will leave now. Suffice to say that I am in awe of the craft you've demonstrated in creating these characters, their circumstances & interactions, and the thought-provoking you've initiated in me. I plan to give you more considered feedback once I've finished the series. My deepest thanks. 5 & fave.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 1 year agoAuthor

You are welcome and thank you for the very kind words pcman1950, they are well timed. It’s encouraging to know Sarah and Claire are appreciated, their circumstances enjoyed, the interactions considered. I hope the rest of the story holds you and keeps you reading. I’ll look forward to hearing from you as you do.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSiteNonSite@SiteNonSite
I am a visual artist. I lurked Literotica for over a decade as an anonymous reader. I'm not sure why I decided to write, but I am very glad I did. A bit of background: when I was much younger than Annie is in my stories I started having group sex with an older girl and boy...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES