All Comments on 'Impact 12: of Severences'

by SiteNonSite

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Mykymyk2Mykymyk2over 1 year ago

Excellent as always.

MaezedMaezedover 1 year ago

Nothing pleases me more than seeing a new posting by SiteNonSite…still trying to breathe while reading is a challenge :)

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

What a great climax to this chapter!!

Throughout this episode one can feel how much more relaxed Sarah is. She is unburdened, and not only because she has confessed to Kip. (Is there a back story to Sarah's friendship with Kip?) When she speaks to her mother, her mother seems less critical - this is unlikely to be about her mother, but more likely it reflects Sarah's less anxious state. There is of course one thing which Sarah is anxious about revealing to her mother, but has her mother guessed?

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 1 year agoAuthor

I don’t have plans to go deep with Kip, NoLongerAnon (BC and I wanted a comic bff to fill out our RomCom checklist), but I think he’s turned out to be a wonderful and revealing foil for Sarah, so who knows.

Meanwhile a very perceptive reading of the chapter. No spoilers, but the idea of Sarah unwinding came late in the writing/rewriting/obsessing-process, but when it did the chapter’s disparate elements immediately fell into place for me. I’m so glad you enjoyed the climax, that came late in the game as well. I enjoyed it too. I am so happy to have pleased you Maezed (and you too Mykymyk2), deep breaths!

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Have always enjoyed adding “grist to your mill” because cannot get enough of your storylines and characters whether agree with you or not as in “Truth and Oblivion”. Clearly you enjoy “playing” (non-pejorative) with your main characters and their relationship in this series. Love how Sarah’s self-esteem issues emerge when Claire is absent (severance?) — issues around sexual relationships with whomever; no lack of esteem in work place/among colleagues. Leaving aside expected self-esteem issues around meeting Claire’s mother (suspect that relationship is interesting), Sarah’s self-doubt is corrosive as in her reflective reaction to her workmate confidante’s comment: “It’s not even clear if you want it to last." “And he was right” (she reflected). Maybe Claire will feel the same if … (after all this storyline for me is as much about Claire). As near hopeless romantic I love your two MCs and their love story no matter the angst/uncertainty, so I am so hopeful. Of course, I was also hopeful/wishful for Leethie and Miranda despite pain and ugliness — clearly too much to resolve/overcome. You create phenomenal characters for us no matter the storyline. By way, love the Kathy - Jen office sex scene — could simply be wonderfully humorous anecdote or maybe more. At very least consistent with Rom-Com plot. Await next chapter. The sex scenes — remote or otherwise — give me much hope for Claire and Sarah. You always speak volumes through the sex you create around your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

.

Neurotic, frenetic, erotic, epic. - Entertaining and enlightening in equal measure. The exaggerated presentation and caricature-ization of the players creates the conditions for non-judgmental analysis of expressed human sexuality. The thread involving "sex positivity" is almost farcical, as Sarah is borderline "sex crazed" at this point. I truly love this story, and believe it's the smartest thing going in this genre at the moment. I cannot wait to see where things go from here.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 1 year agoAuthor

Honestly, Claire’s mother hasn’t come into focus for me, Migbird, but she began to appear to me some time ago as an important player. I’m very much looking forward to her arrival. So glad Kathy and Jen landed. I honestly have NO idea what those two are up to or why, but I love the corner I’ve painted them into ( that image was also intended as a nod to shout out to RedEmerald’s Lovers Without Realizing It - a story I go back to again and again). I’m very glad to hear the sex scenes continue to feel informative. I have worked hard to focus on interaction that reveal more about Sarah (and Claire), and to make sex core to their development. As always, thanks so much for the grist. My imagination seems to be on a brief hiatus since posting, but I’m sure I’ll be back to the grind soon. XOSNS

DylanAnonDylanAnonover 1 year ago

Last chapter I commented about stories that lost my attention and how this one. One of the ways stories lose my interest is going off on tangents or side stories that wreak of trying to keep the story going that just doesn't work.

The tangent of Jen and Kathy's relationship seems to be just that - a side story that this really doesn't need. You have the side story of Helen, which is intriguing, Claire's mother coming, and Kip evolving into that pure mirror Sarah holds up to see who she really is. (That whole lunch scene with Kip pinning her down was awesome, BTW!) You have Father Mike. You have Sarah starting to squirm because she's going to have to tell her parents sooner or later.

For me, it detracted from what was an otherwise great chapter. You don't need it. You could have worked in the professional tension, the potential of Jen being Bisexual and how she reacts to Sarah's queerness (what does Jen's gaydar say?) without making them have sex.

I still gave it five stars, if only for the interaction with Kip alone.

OK, the international interaction - I've dealt with this one personally, and I can tell you the way you handled the time differences is spot on.

Looking forward to next chapter.

(Caveat: You'll probably do something with the Jen/Kathy relationship that will make me take this all back! :-) )

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 1 year agoAuthor

NeuroticFreneticEroticEpicAnon, I will always treasure this comment. I want to drink with you.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 1 year agoAuthor

I found when I was writing The Stronger Girl that there is a strong expectation for a bully getting their comeuppance, DylanAnon. In TSG Nancy’s roommate Leslie was someone readers looked forward to getting her’s. And I understand that need. Unfortunately I never had a plan for just desserts, Leslie was just a obstacle I put in Annie’s way. Kathy was an obstruction ButteredCrumpet put in Sarah’s way. I wanted to give the conflict a resolution that might surprise even BC (although the seed of the Kathy/Jen dynamic was already there during the bathroom scene), but as far as I can tell it’s not an opening onto another adventure. Like everything else, the measure of this side track is “what does it reveal about Sarah?” - The fantasies the comeuppance sparked are as much as can be expected, I far as I can tell...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was sitting on a beach in Trinidad watching young men walk back and forth selling ice cream, immediately I imagine young Claire living that life. Hours later, to my joy, another chapter has been posted. Previously you mentioned the difficulty in not wanting to mess up the character you and BC so tastefully put together, Sarah, so I thought about that while reading this chapter. And my only thoughts are that I will follow her journey all the way through, no matter where you take her. This chapter made me feel like we are seeing her Superman side and the fact that she can blossom without Claire, even if slightly for her, just excites me to see their dynamic once she returns.

You’re doing great! Always, LurkingAnon

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I give it 5 stars because honestly the more I read this story, the more intrigued I get. And that's something amazing about your writing SNS. It's so entertaining and engaging. The characters you create are so rich, it's easy to fall for them. (Although Impact is my favorite... for now).

The highlight of this chapter for me? getting to finally know what the whole 'bet' was about God, how I laughed at that!.

Can't wait to read more ;)

K

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 1 year agoAuthor

That is a delightfully posh association, LurkingAnon - but I think Claire has spent lots of time on beautiful beaches, and can easily imagine her taking Sarah to the Amanyara. I’m very happy to know this posted for you with such perfect timing. I’ve never thought of these stories as beach reading, but now that I think of it I think I want to write a beach story… Meanwhile, the part of this chapter I struggled with so mightily, got cut off and will be part of the next chapter. I’ve been enjoying the comments and emails this last few days, but will pick up wrestling with my conscience soon.

KAnon, I’ve been waiting for your comment, hoping you would enjoy the latest installment! I’m so glad to know the story continues to intrigue- that’s a trick this far in - AND that the “bet” got a laugh! I enjoy the idea of making someone laugh almost as much as I like the idea of these stories making someone cum. (The two seem related. Like tears, they are such a powerful embodied response.) That punchline was a loooong time coming, thanks for sticking with me for it.

ButteredCrumpetButteredCrumpetover 1 year ago

My dear SNS, I love where you have taken this... I'm thrilled that you have continued Sarah and Claire's story. It's nice to see some of the earlier ideas fleshed out and some of the new ones coming to light. You know I love your writing and I never tire of your beautifully, talented mind. I hope you have 13 ready to go soon. xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

….missing your writing SNS :(

K.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Now this dilemma, brussels NYC, is clearly offering that long distance relationships are running in the gutter ...... But who is moving who will loose more or win, name it use your imagination and we will find a million more buts, and then sometimes it works because the love the hearts the souls are synchronized ...... Love the ideas the scenarios the craziness you're offer us readers ...... Great chapters

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🍀

PerfectStranger82PerfectStranger8210 months ago

Probably a good idea to slow down the tempo somewhat and have a little alone time and catch up mentally — to catch one’s breath and zoom out a bit and look at one’s life from the outside. Very good of Sarah to talk about her relationship with someone objective but also a close friend; it puts things in perspective and separates the excitement from the underlying emotions.

It shows that they are a bit inexperienced with travelling whilst in a relationship; they should have planned good-morning-Claire-good-night-Sarah calls before the journey. Though, there is of course nothing wrong with sexting in-between, not the way Claire and — especially — Sarah does it, certainly. Lovely to see that Sarah continues to shake off her many longstanding hang-ups about sex; being ‘sex positive’ is very healthy.

It would be ironic after Sarah’s emotional self-discovery if there were to be a switcheroo as Claire’s mother and stepfather comes to visit; Sarah works herself up to come out whilst Claire chickens out of telling her mother about Sarah. Although, that doesn’t really sound like Claire, but parents are tricky and if anything can make one act irrationally it’s fear.

P.S.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSite10 months agoAuthor

Parents are tricky, and so much a part of our emotional life, and therefore our erotic imagination, PS. Friends are important mediators who help us navigate our histories and strike our own paths. I hope by the end we will have a clearer sense of both Sarah and Claire’s inner life, that their paths will be clearer.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6433 days ago

So Good! So well written!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSiteNonSite@SiteNonSite
I am a visual artist. I lurked Literotica for over a decade as an anonymous reader. I'm not sure why I decided to write, but I am very glad I did. A bit of background: when I was much younger than Annie is in my stories I started having group sex with an older girl and boy...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES