All Comments on 'In a Class of His Own Ch. 13'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Pretty good ending to a very good story. I find, as a writer, that if people want to know even more about what happens to your characters when the final curtain drops, you have down your job of creating real, engaging characters. And you have definitely done that. This is a good place to end but I want to know more about Sarah and Chris's life. Very well done-Bubba

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
so the short summery is he learned shit

After all this time he only understood Sarah also wanted him.

Nina should have been the one but his "Career" would not have ended but delayed due to getting a certificate again.

Considering he was young (in his 20s), not planning on kids, he had every opportunely.

so to sum it all

1. tons more luck then brain

2. dumbass

Sidney43Sidney43almost 7 years ago

I will echo what another person said about the two main characters in this story. That is basically when the author creates characters that you like and who are defined to the point that you think you could be friends with them, you want to know more about them. There is a desire to see if they got married and lived happily ever after, but then the story gets long in a hurry and it is hard to keep up the interest level from both sides. I do get the impression that your protagonist is not the marrying kind, although he may eventually do that. The attitude about having children is one example, but Sarah may change his mind about that. I suspect if he were more interested in marriage and children, then Nina would have been pursued regardless of the issues of distance, jobs and country of origin. People who really are in love with someone and want to spend their lives with them seldom let many things get in the way of that goal. The historic term is "love conquers all".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well done.

Not my usual kind of story but very well written and amazing characters.

doofus67doofus67almost 7 years ago
Nice One

Thanks for this well written and edited story.

I'm kind of sad that the Moe suddenly (chapter wise) got married and pregnant as she was the one i was rooting for for a long time but Sarah was a good choice as the story progressed.

Would also have liked to have seen a few more bitchy confrontations with Carol, but hey, maybe i was just wanted to see her suffer.

Now to read the rest of your stories....

elrayo41elrayo41almost 7 years ago
excellent series: masterful writing, vibrant believable characters

CONGRATULATIONS! This is a masterpiece of romantic fiction with erotic overtones and great description. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I enjoyed that immensely..

I enjoyed that immensely.. and I'll read your others. Thanks. Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic!

I enjoyed the journey. Thank you for writing; this was a wonderful series!

lastman416lastman416over 6 years ago
Moe’s Advice

Great story!

In Chapter 11 (I think), Moe and Chris were talking about the advice that she gave him way back in Chapter 1 that she says was bad advice. Chris told her that he figured it out, but he narrated to the audience that he had only figured it out recently. What was the advice that Chris realized he shouldn’t have followed?

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingover 6 years agoAuthor
Moe's advice

"Instead of looking at every girl as if she might be 'the One', why don't you just ask her out? Spend some time with her, have fun ... maybe get lucky, and then find out if she's the right one for you."

That was Moe's advice, in Chapter One. By Chapter 11, though, she had come to a different conclusion

"Just be yourself, Chris." she said. "You'll find her - that special one."

lastman416lastman416over 6 years ago
Moe’s Advice

To my shame, it’s been too long since I replied to your comment. I probably didn’t pick up on Moe’s “bad” advice because I don’t really think it is bad advice. Her later advice in Chapter 11 is good advice, but Chris probably couldn’t do anything with it in Chapter 1. But now that you’ve pointed it out to me, I see what Moe meant.

I love all of the stories you’ve written for this site! I find myself thinking about them even months after I’ve read them. I notice that you haven’t added anything in a while. I would love to see an update of what you’ve been writing or when/if you plan to return.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story - Relate to the time period

No internet, no cell phones. Great music. This story really speaks to me on a lot of levels. Thank you for this and your other works!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
a great read

Super. Enjoyable. Made me want to read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Best ever story on Literotica

I couldn't stop reading and went through all 13 chapters in a few days. This is the best story I have read on Literotica. I will bookmark it and come back again. Thanks so much … from another Canadian.

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142almost 6 years ago
One of the best...

and of course I'm talking about all 13 chapters.... loved it all, specially the ending. Here's to school teachers; good ones; we need them so much.....

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 6 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Wow, what a trip. Several different emotions as I read your novel. At the beginning I enjoyed your describing your characters in such great detail. You established their personalities very well. When I reached the middle of your tale it became a little repetitive. Similar boy has lust for female and etc. I had to take a break for a day and read something else. Then to the last couple of chapters. The sun comes out and the clouds are gone. Delightful ending. I enjoyed your story but for me it would have been more readable with fewer love affairs. Too much sugar can ruin a cake. Still a Five rating. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This felt more like a serial than a novel - for the simple reason that the story had so many different stations that weren't always connected to one another - and about three quarters through I felt it dragging on and I started hoping for a conclusion. In the end I'm glad to have stuck it out, because I did enjoy reading it from start to finish.

The only thing I'm a bit sad about is that we never heard about Nina again. I understand that excluding her was necessary so Sarah could be the "same with minor upgrades" and shine in her absence, but I also feel it didn't really resolve things properly.

kvalentinekvalentinealmost 5 years ago
Foreshadowing Sarah

Though I was rooting for Moe, I understand where you were going with the story in the context of the conclusion with Sarah. However, my biggest criticism in that regard is that Sarah should have been introduced earlier in the story. By introducing her as late as she comes in (at least as an actual character), especially given the sexual tension that happens so quickly with her, it is something of a giveaway that she's going to become a romantic interest despite the protagonist's considering her off-limits.

rayironyrayironyalmost 5 years ago
Yeah, good!

Feels complete.

Also appreciate not having to suffer graceless writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So glad to have found your writings!

Your writing style is much more of a wonderful book to read with great sex scenes in them. I started with Gamers, went to D&D and now Class. Can't put them down. You're an excellent storyteller with the additional gift of being able to put your stories to "paper". Thanks so much for sharing your works. Very much looking forward to reading the rest of your submissions. P.S. Put your song suggestions from the book on Youtube while reading. Nailed it!

CheeachaserCheeachaserover 4 years ago
I started with this book

I intend to read them all. You should probably actually get published. "Romance Novels for Men". Ding, fries are done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lovely series

Being from southwest Ontario the locale was relatable as was the time period.

The characters were all interesting and I wanted to know more about them.

I don't blame him for not wanting to be a teacher in the US, about half the pay and more dangerous. Citation, I have family members who are teachers on both sides of the border. They are amazing people.

Pinecrest us being hit hard by Covid. Such a different feeling reading this series the first time and now with the pandemic raging there. Thank you for your beautiful story, it's a boon during these times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Absorbing!

I’m in agreement with the other commenters.

1. I would be happy to pay for writing like yours.

2. I loved the character development. The situations never felt forced. It was just such a natural read.

3. Your detail, whether it was in Europe or the Redskins debacle in their loss to the Bears, was unusual and quite effective.

4. I really enjoyed the development of the relationship between Moe and Chris. I would have loved to have keep Moe in the story somehow.

5. Thanks for the epilogue. It was a perfect way to let your reader off this marvelous flight of fancy. One of the best stories I’ve ever read. Simply delightful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Optional romantic ending for the no-commitment player

That was two years ago. After 6 months, we were engaged and were married 3 months after that. Nina attended (we will always be friends), but Moe did not come. We changed our mind about children by the time we were married. I decided that raising a child can give me an empathy and understanding that books and training never could. ...Really, I just warmed up to the idea of having a child with my beloved, and Sarah was relieved and overjoyed at my change of heart. It seems that deep-down she always wanted children of her own despite what she said. Our son is one year old now, and we are trying for a girl this time. We will need a bigger house!

SraulersSraulersabout 3 years ago

Nicely done... I do prefer the alternate ending presented bet Anonymous, though. Having a woman move in with you so you can have sex every day isn’t really making a commitment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Another epic slice of brilliance by AspernEssling

This is the third of his stories that has (literally) impinged on my life. I didn’t sign up for this; if I wanted to read something I can’t put down then I’d just buy a Baldacci novel. But here I am again. In awe of superb writing, excellent character build up, plots that are humorous and real-world problems aired. Just fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another great series! Thanks for the enjoyable read. Well done!!

mink57mink57almost 3 years ago

Travelling from Cologne to Heidelberg along the Rhine is upsteam, not down. Everthing else in this story is perfect. I produced tears when reading about the first date of Sarah and Chis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story, well written. Chris's tale of travail with his love life was so well presented. Totally enjoyed the story. Comments from an 84 year old male professional who has been married for 59 years to a wonderful woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally, an author that has an idea of the story to the end. Some typos but not nearly enough to deter me from smiling and shed was couple of tears just because the story was still going until the happy end. Loved it *10* And wanted to cheer for he and Sarah for finding each other.

TGC A.Ga USA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I find very few stories I want to read to the end, but this one truly qualifies. It is always a struggle for people to find someone they have chemistry, moral balance, trust, and similar life goals. This is not a sex story as much as a search for a life companion. Well done.

Mike9947Mike9947almost 2 years ago

Lovely. And different - not the Westrons! A great coming of age story - I wish mine had been so joyful and successful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story… wish it continued.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 1 year ago

Thank you for what in my opinion, is a very well written, entertaining tale. Your hard work is much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely.

Going overseas for a long vacation prior to settling down back home has a specific name in New Zealand. It is 'going on your OE' (Overseas Experience).

OE has a strong tradition here and my wife's Canadian cousins were very pleased to find there was a description for their extensive travel through South-East Asia and Australia when they passed through NZ on their way back to their post-university job searches.

The first trip by Chris to Europe is classic OE (but many Australasians would find temporary jobs in Europe to find their travels).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Deserving if a mire final chapter in lieu of an epilog.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice to see an ending where a good guy doesn't wind up getting shafted!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What happens next? Great story(ies). Have to know with how many children and grandchildren were they blessed?

GreeneyesIrishmanGreeneyesIrishman12 months ago

Another epic series. You really have a gift for writing, Ive read a great deal so that means a lot coming from me. The best stories have a small amount of truth even if its stretched a bit. So even a bit of this one being true is reason to be jealous of you growing up as a young man. Also my wife is Canadian, I'm American so can really relate to the hassle involved with that. She's now a dual citizen which only took us a decade to accomplish. Truly gifted writing and thanks for taking the time to do it, also amazing editors.

RivenousRivenous12 months ago

Not 9ften a story touches me emotionally, most definitely punched my romance and live for happy endings button.

Thank you for writing it.

SweboSwebo8 months ago

Rereading this reminded me of how much I enjoyed this when I first encountered it...four years ago? What's funny is how much I recalled just before re-encountering it and how pleasant it was to do so. Great stuff. Plus, your characters have excellent taste in music.

golasgilgolasgil6 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed my second read of this. Excellent story as ever.

vitochivitochiabout 1 month ago

Great series, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories