All Comments on 'In a Forest Glade'

by Banbeck

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
Baldy74Baldy745 months ago

Really enjoyed it, thanks.

dropshot67dropshot675 months ago

Excellent story, I truly enjoyed it. Thank you

Seeker81Seeker815 months ago

Outstanding. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A lovely and somewhat original tale. 5stars!

wmjm54wmjm545 months ago

Sweet story.

Mkcb69Mkcb695 months ago

A great story... Thank you!

wings65wings655 months ago

I really enjoyed the story thank you

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent story! Well written and enjoyable.

Thank you as in these times we are living in it is good to smile.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice story!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed the story. Crafted well and flowed with ease for reading

OvercriticalOvercritical5 months ago

A genuine feel-good story. Yeah, it was obvious, it was predictable, it was impossibly convenient, but so what? It made you feel that good things can happen to deserving people if they reach out for those things. I usually feel that there has to be a period of tension in a story to make it exciting; something traumatic that has the potential to disrupt the inevitable "happy ending". This story didn't have that and...I didn't miss it at all. A smooth trip to the predictable ending. So why not! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I really enjoyed the story! Very well written. Now I need to check out your other stories!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Please keep writing and sharing great stories like this one!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When love is seen, supporting it is the right thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story thanks. Well written, easy to read and a good length.

MediocreGingerMediocreGinger5 months ago

Nice little warm story.

AZTT2AZTT25 months ago

Really sweet story

MissMudMissMud5 months ago

Really enjoyed your story! Makes me feel warm inside. Thanks!

BGHillmanBGHillman5 months ago

I enjoyed this story! Good character construction, good storytline

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sorry, couldn’t get beyond the initial “pat on the head” misogyny and the “reliable but too fugly to be able to cheat” coming from the two MC.

It’s entirely possible that this story slipped through a worm hole and originated in the 1970s. Or maybe modern day Yorkshire.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good work. Liked the romance. Please keep writing, we will keep reading.

BanbeckBanbeck5 months agoAuthor

Thanks for commenting everyone, it's appreciated :)

@ Overcritical; I agree on all points... ;)

The world can be, and often is, a cold and cruel place.

So once in a while you really need a solid dose of warmth and love.

Which is why I wrote this simple story, many years ago...

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Great romance story but go ahead and write the last page! 4.6*

afosi2604afosi26045 months ago

Definitely a story to feed an older man's imagination. Well done. Now I get to go back and see what else you have written.

BanbeckBanbeck5 months agoAuthor

@ Demosthenes384bc

Thanks for commenting.

What would you have liked to read on that additional page?

And a 4.6 is a 5 right? ;)

Bcatteberry59Bcatteberry595 months ago

Best story I have read on here.

Fantastic did not want it to end.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Avery sweet romantic tale.

TheOldTexGuyTheOldTexGuy5 months ago

I really liked the story. Great job

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

We so much enjoyed your story of finding, reigniting lost love, and seemingly bringing two hearts together as one.

One place stated “but” instead of “butt”, and we are so jealous of the biggest sleeping bag ever!

Great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Love the story, and I hope it doesn't end here! Looking forward to many more chapters!!

BanbeckBanbeck5 months agoAuthor

@ Anonymous

As a frequent user of a double sleeping bag I was already wondering when the sleeping bag issue was going to get mentioned in the comments... ;)

And thank you for pointing out the spelling mistake (I already found three other ones myself, but I missed this one).

Regarding sequels; none are planned, this story will remain a springboard for your own imagination...

And thanks again to everyone who made the effort to post a comment, it's much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I really enjoyed the read and going to check your other ones. Great work and I loved your character development 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you Banbeck! The story is complete.

I understand the requests for a sequel. I simply means you character are so loveable.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great prose. It felt like the relationship moved a little fast though. Also, you wrote fireplace instead of campfire at one point near the end. Still, 5 stars!

BanbeckBanbeck5 months agoAuthor

"Also, you wrote fireplace instead of campfire at one point near the end."

I wrote fireplace because there wasn't a campfire going...

The fireplace is the stone lined fire pit at the center of the camp.

It's mentioned earlier in the story that in the morning water for coffee and/or tea is heated on a dual-fuel camping stove.

Now English isn't my first language, so if fireplace isn't used in (American) English to describe a dedicated spot for campfires at a campsite please correct me :)

And my thanks again to everyone for commenting.

dutchcan2dutchcan25 months ago

WOW !!!! ONE OF THE BEST

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed this story, I can't find a single thing to questin or criticize. I hope to read more from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

revelled in ur story glade 4 me at least is a treasure word fortunately for 1st language n proficient 2nd english speakers there is incomprehensible depth 2 the vocab adventure thru the language very moved by ur writing care to create depth and complexity w subplots ideas weaving v enchanting memorable endearing storyscape dont think ive read anything of ur previously will definitely do so

LovesDancingLovesDancing5 months ago

Very nice story, I might have delayed the sex part to the next night to have Davin and Sammy spending a day of getting a little more romance and becoming used to their new attraction to each other but I can't fault the way you created the story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

> Now English isn't my first language, so if fireplace isn't used in (American) English to describe a dedicated spot for campfires at a campsite please correct me :)

@Banbeck it doesn't make a big difference to the story either way, but it would normally be called a fire pit, or if there's wood there, a campfire. An unlit campfire is still a campfire; English is weird.

BanbeckBanbeck5 months agoAuthor

@ Anonymous

In this case there isn't any (fire)wood present, just the ashes from the last campfire.

So in this case fire pit would be right then.

And calling a pile of wood that isn't burning a campfire is weird indeed...

Anyway, thanks for the info ;)

Mike9947Mike99475 months ago

I really enjoyed it - you write well - it was an easy 5.

A thought, i could tell our two adults would wind up together - after all you published it in romance. But I was enjoying the side story of young adults exploring their sexuality, the support they need, the self esteem, etc, etc. That would be an interesting take off.

BanbeckBanbeck5 months agoAuthor

Hi Mike9947

Thanks for the compliment, and for commenting :)

I'm afraid your "interesting take off" isn't really feasible on Lit though...

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Sounds like a perfect camping trip!

5

inka2222inka22224 months ago

I started to dislike the story for Samantha being so shallow, but the author nicely saved that by her own self-reflection. I still don't love it at full 5 stars (mostly because the whole setup triggers me as far as being too close to real life, with most modern western women only liking selfish good looking assholes till they are way older and assholes no longer want them, THEN ever so graciously those women start maybe possibly considering the other 95% men as actually being humans worthy of considering as partners). So 4.2 stars, for well written romance with somewhat less-deserving female protagonist, who isn't wholly objectionable. Would have been easy 5 stars if she was just a decent non-shallow person throughout her life.

BanbeckBanbeck4 months agoAuthor

Hi inka2222,

Thanks for commenting, and the same goes for Boyd Percy, who commented a few days ago :)

Regarding the rating of stories, I think the main purpose of the rating system is to help other readers with determining what to read.

So a rating should really be based on things like writing quality, and a story being described and tagged correctly, and not about anything personal, because that's of no real interest to other readers, and renders the rating system useless.

Any personal views and feelings regarding a story are much better addressed by commenting.

And in this case I think you're a bit harsh on poor Sammy.

Her love for her unborn child cost her dearly, and while she might have been 'shallow' where it concerned men she also, and against all odds, proved herself a good mom ;)

inka2222inka22224 months ago

@banbeck - my personal ideal would be to have 2 independent ratings - "technical" and "artistic" - like they have in figure skating, by LE would never bother doing that :) :( Because yes, sometimes I know the story is well written but I hate it, and sometimes the writing is shit quality but I absolutely love the plot (e.g. an inventive BTB).

/

Re: Sam - yes and no. I agree with you that she did a good job *in your story*, but statistically her shallowness was likely to result in a poorly raised child. If you look at stats, single mother households produce overwhelming number of poor outcomes (as far as disciplinary, crime, educational achievements and earnings potential) compared to 2-parent households. And effects are even worse when there's a string of poor quality boyfriends. So, that part of "Kim being a great young lady" felt somewhat unrealistic, even if it was pleasing to me as a reader. Not to mention, my original point was specifically about *men* - that Samantha doesn't deserve a great person like MC, compared to another woman who was NOT shallow all her life.

/

Obviously each reader differs, but for me the stories that are most pleasing and read best are where karma is balanced. People get what they deserve - no more and no less, mostly based on their choices and decisions. In this specific case, karmically the story wasn't as balanced as it could have been, with one character getting an "unearned" reward. Think about 2 stories, in one story a guy wins a lottery being a hard worker all his life and conscientious, and in another story, the guy who wins a lottery is a lazy bastard. Which story would you like best, all other things being equal?

BanbeckBanbeck4 months agoAuthor

Hi again inka2222,

You're right about the need for more rating categories, but I think Lit made this choice in order to get more readers to rate a story.

The percentage of people who bother to rate a story after reading it is low as is already.

I just think Lit should have been more clear about what to rate exactly.

As is you buy a car based on its excellent rating, only to find out it's a piece of crap afterwards, and that all those people who rated it so highly did so because they liked its color, and you don't give a damn about a car's color...

Regarding Sammy; the fact she managed to raise Kim like she did is exceptional indeed, and it should make clear to the reader what a great mom she is.

And yes, she has been shallow where it came to selecting male partners, but nobody's perfect, and plot wise, if she hadn't been like that, she would have stopped being a single-mom long before Davin came along anyway.

Regarding Sammy not deserving a great person like Davin, chances are those other women already hooked up with such a great person much earlier in live, so in my view, and you don't have to agree of course, she has paid a hefty price for her earlier shallowness already.

Basically the not so shallow women won the lottery at least a decade earlier, and that's "happy time" Sammy lost and will never get back...

Thanks for your reply :)

olddave51olddave514 months ago

I am always asking for a next part

They sound like a wonderful couple

I hope the son and daughter will stay together

I loved camping.

Making love while camping very powerful.

BanbeckBanbeck4 months agoAuthor

Hi olddave51,

Rest assured, they are a wonderful couple, and will remain one until the end of times.

The son and daughter will stay together too, and so will the other two young couples.

And there will be more children, and then grandchildren, and they will all find happiness at this beautiful forest glade.

How do I know this? because I'm the author.

I won't have to write this all down though, because I know the readers will be able to fill it all in just perfectly, just the way they like it.

That's the awesome power of a stand-alone story like this...

Oh, and I love camping too ;)

Thanks for commenting olddave51, it's appreciated :)

HansTrimbleHansTrimble2 months ago

Very well done! The idea of having the kids plant the idea of the grownups sleeping together is original, and

you built it into a love story with good writing. Even the vehicles, his the big, powerful Hummer, and hers the cute little Ranger, strengthened the theme. Clever.

Hans

BanbeckBanbeck2 months agoAuthor

Hi Hans, thanks for commenting, and thanks for the compliments, it's appreciated :)

Positive and constructive comments, and good ratings, are the fuel my engine runs on ;)

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 months ago

The story was a little corny and everything was too, too convenient, but it was still a good read and worthy of a 5* rating in my book. Knowing the shallowness of today's youth and their preoccupation with "screens" I do not think this represents much of today's teen society, but maybe there are some kids who can appreciate the caring side of their parents and would fit the model in this story.

BanbeckBanbeckabout 2 months agoAuthor

Hi Overcritical, aren't you a little bit over critical... ;)

This is an 18+ fairy tale: "and they lived happily ever after..."

Thanks for the comment, and the stars, it's appreciated :)

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzabout 2 months ago

Nicely done! Hope you post more, and soon!

DwarfLord50DwarfLord50about 2 months ago

Fun story. I enjoyed that they were able to set aside their past “types” and get out of their own way to happiness. Too many people are both the protagonist and antagonist. In their own story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Loved this! 5+

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBanbeck@Banbeck
I love to read and write, and not just Erotica, also SciFi and Fantasy. Where it comes to erotic stories I’m generally all about heterosexual romance. Some reluctance, non-consent, or light bdsm may be involved, but not necessarily. In the end, however, there will be a happy ...

SIMILAR Stories