In Defense of The Son-In-Law

Story Info
Was He Guilty of Racism?
5.1k words
3.99
38.2k
36
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Forward

I got this idea for this story from Reddit. There was a posting by a young lady asking for advice from the readers. Whether or not she should divorce her husband for being a racist.

The story goes:

Recently she had given birth to a child. When the nurses laid the baby in the mother's arms, it was Black. You can imagine the next few minutes in the delivery room. The young man went crazy and started calling her an "N-Word lover." I don't like reading or writing the word. So during the story, I will use the letter "N" to represent the word.

During the story between the daughter and her, Dad, I will bring out the details of what happened in the delivery room that day and the following weeks.

Now I don't know if the story that was posted was real or not. It could happen. But what amazed me were the comments. The vitriol and the written attacks toward the young man were vicious. I did not see where any person that defended him did a decent job of doing it. I did notice 90% most of the people telling her to divorce him were females. Well, by their usernames, they appeared to be female. They said he was immature, a racist, along with his family.

It was too late for the post to give my advice to her. I will give my advice as her father in this story. I do not condone racism. But if you ask one thousand people what a racist is and define it, 99% wouldn't have a clue. I will define racism in the story.

In Defense of The Son-In-Law

Was He Guilty of Racism

Knock, Knock, came the light taps to the nurser door. "Come in," came the meek voice of the young lady. The older man stuck his head into the door. "Hey, baby. Can we talk?"

"Sure, Daddy." replied the girl.

The man walked over to see the dark skin child sleeping peacefully in his crib. The man smiled as he admired his first grandchild. Speaking with pride, "He's beautiful, isn't he, Honey?" Then he bent over and kissed the baby on his head." He turned to his daughter and sat on the chair that he had brought in earlier.

He reached over and took both her hands in his and asked, "How are you doing pumpkin?"

The young lady burst into tears. Between sobs, "This should be one of the happiest times of my life until that bastard went nuts on me. He and his family are Goddamn racists. I hate them, and I'm filing for divorce next week. How could he accuse me of going to bed with another man? I have never even kissed another on the cheek since we have been together. She buried her head into her hands, sobbing.

Her dad reached over and pulled a couple of tissue out of the tissue box. He handed two of them to her. She took them and dabbed her eyes, removing tears and her mascara as she attempted to clear her eyes."

Her dad sat contemplating his next words carefully. He knew what he said over the next few minutes would affect everyone's lives for many years.

He smiled and asked, "Where did you get the idea he is a racist, Honey?"

She snapped her head up. "What are you talking about, Dad? Let me see Dad. Quote, You fucked a Goddamn "N." As Kyle stormed out of the delivery room, he yelled at the two Black security guards that just came in, "Hey guys, she likes "Ns" dick. Go for her."

"What's so damn funny, daddy?" as her dad covered his face with his hand. But his squinting eyes gave him away.

"Just imagine the looks on those guards' faces. Honey, he is not a racist. He might be a bigot, and he might be prejudiced but not a racist. He was just extremely hurt. But what does concern me is I paid $160,000 for you a college education, and you don't know the definition of Racism."

She snarled, "It's someone that hates other races."

The dad shook his head, thinking, I want my money back. "No, Honey, it is someone that thinks his race is genetically superior to another. I'll guarantee you this, when they laid your son on your chest, Tyler didn't think he was superior to anyone."

"What the f.....," catching herself. "You're defending the bastard."

Looking her in the eyes. "What do I do for a living?"

Sarcastically she replied, "You're a trial lawyer."

"When I walked by your computer today. I saw that you left that browser open again. I saw you were reading the advice from all the Reddit commenters. Since you are taking their advice, someone needs to take up for Kyler.

You have appointed yourself, Judge, jury, and executioner. And you're allowing the commenters to be the expert witnesses. I have appointed myself as his defense attorney."

The girl became irritated, "Really, Dad, you're going to defend his actions. He jumped to a conclusion without hearing my side. So why should I hear his?"

Her father started laughing. "So the trial has commenced. I will call my first witness that is you, my dear."

"Me, are kidding. I am not going to defend Kyler."

I am not calling you to defend him. I am calling you as a witness. And remember, judges, are impartial. And juries do not pass judgment till they hear all the evidence."

"Ok, Daddy, I'll play your silly little game. All right, what do you want to know?"

Miss Tasker,

"Dad," she said. As she rolled her eyes.

Dad: "Ok, ok, Do remember them taking your baby from you after the birth and not allowing you or Kyler to see it? They normally lay the baby on the mother's stomach as they cut the baby's umbilical cord."

Daughter. "Yes, daddy."

Dad: "Do you remember that it took about ten minutes before they brought the baby back to you?"

Daughter: "Yes. Where did you get this info? You weren't in the room. Just Kyler."

Dad: "I'm asking the questions. And the answer is I hired a PD." His daughter shook her head.

Dad: "Did you notice by the time you were given back the baby to hold, the security guards had arrived?"

Daughter: "No."

Dad. "When did you first notice the guards?"

Daughter. "When Kyler yelled at them."

Dad. "Were they at the room when you went in?"

Daughter. "No."

Dad: "Do you know what a Code Gray is?"

Daughter: "No."

Dad: "That used when Doctors or nurses need help because violence is occurring or likely to occur."

The dad reached into his pocket and pulled out a handwritten document.

Dad: "This for the Judge. That is exhibit A. Do you want to read it? Or do you want me to read it?"

Daughter: "Go ahead and tell me what's in it."

Dad: "Laura. Here is a signed affidavit from your mother. Basically, it says when she first saw the baby, the first words out of her mouth was, Oh shit!"

Dad: Your little brother said, "Dam, Dad, she burnt the baby."

She looked at her father in disbelief at what he said. She saw him smirk to keep from laughing. She smiled and said, "He did not." And started laughing at the comment. "Yep, I usually do burn everything I bake."

He broke out laughing and replied, "No, he didn't say it. I just wanted to see you smile again."

Daughter: "Since I'm also the Judge now. Where's this going, counselor? You are trying the court's patience.

Dad: "With the court's indulgence. I have one more question of the witness, and then I'll explain."

Daughter: Rolling her eyes, head, and sighing, "Ok."

Dad: "Do you remember all those stories that you told me about that you read in Reddit about when doctors saw a baby born of a different race."

Daughter: "Yes."

Dad: "How many turned out they were the child of the expectant, Dad?"

Daughter: "None."

Dad: "Ok, I'll explain now. The doctors called a code Gray because they thought the baby was from another man. Your mother thought from first sight you had cheated. Even you said from those stories you read, every one of those turned out the fathers was right. The babies weren't theirs.

So are you going to hold Kyler to a standard higher than everyone else? Remember there is part of the law about what an ordinary man would do in a given circumstance."

Daughter: "That might be true, But really, he didn't believe the DNA test the first time I gave it to him. He had to have another one done to prove I wasn't lying."

Dad: "I have to admit that one is a tough one. You were around four when I saw the plane hit the first tower in New York. We were all saying we couldn't believe it happened to another plane hit tower number two. Sometimes when the mind is traumatized, it cannot take in what it sees the first time.

And do you think that no woman has ever had DNA records falsified to try to keep her husband? I believe you have read that in Reddit also."

Daughter. "Yes, "Dad, it has been done. But I would have never done anything like that. He should have known me better than that. Her dad just nodded his head."

Dad: " How many of those men trusted those wives who did that to them?"

Daughter: "Then it was his vitriol towards me. He asked me if I Like BBCs. It was disgusting. I never judged him on his size. And besides, he is quite well endowed in that area. Why are white men so intimidated by black men? One of my girlfriends dated a black kid in college, and her fiancé found out about it. He dumped her right before the wedding. Why Dad? Why are they so racist about it?"

Dad: "Honey, it's not about Racism. It is about Porn." His daughter looked confused. He chuckled. "You know you used to leave your browser open to Porn sites when you were younger. So I know you looked at them. For some reason, the only black men you see on those sites have baseball bats between their legs.

It is not true all black me are that well-endowed, but that is what men see on those sites. And they know they can't compete, nor can they ever compete in that department. They might have a two hundred IQ, but they feel inferior. And believe me, some women make them feel that way."

Daughter: "That's not true, Dad."

Dad: "How many times have your girlfriends called a guy creepy when he tried to talk to them because he was ugly or a nerd? But if another boy walked up that was a ten, and says the same thing, they're trying to give him their phone number. That nerd will probably go on to be quite successful. How many times have your friends gone gaga over an ugly genus? But they are ready to have a baby with a good-looking stupid man."

That is the same guy they will say they want when they get to be thirty-five. But unfortunately for them, if he's successful, he will desire a 25-year-old."

Daughter. "So that's it. He got his precious ego hurt. I am so tired of men and their egos."

Her dad's face turned red. He slammed his hand down on his knee and said, "We now have a 10-minute recess. I am no longer your Dad or attorney. I am a man. I am going to give you a life lesson about men and their precious egos."

Laura's eyes got big as saucers at her father's outburst.

Starring her in the eyes, " Tell me, young lady. How did you earn your looks?"

Laura answered with hesitation and doubt in her voice, " I was born with them."

"Your beauty?"

Again with uncertainty, she replied, "Born with them."

"Your figure and build?"

"Born with it, Dad. What are you driving at it?"

"So you won the genetic lottery. Nature gave you at birth everything you needed to attract a man. Now keeping him might be a different story. You drew the golden ticket born with the genes from a beautiful mother. You did nothing to earn any of it. It was just given to you on a silver tray. Do you know what happens to people that are given something without having to earn it? They don't appreciate it. They abuse it.

Men have to earn the right to be a man no matter what they look like. The type of man you want better have a big ego, or you wouldn't have him. You told me many times how Kyler works hard to be the best. He worked hard to be at the top of his class. You used to brag to your girlfriends about how smart he was. Well, he didn't get smart by partying.

Kyler works constantly to show you he deserves a woman like you. He has to compete against other men every day. And those men are at the top of their game. That ego makes a man go out every day to provide for his family. Not only provide for them but give them just about anything they want.

Then he is also expected to protect you. You remember that that guy at school at that party had cornered you. He stepped in between you two. He won the fight, but he sported cuts, bruises, and a black eye for months. He almost lost his right eye. That was his ego protecting you.

A woman can destroy a man's ego in heartbeat, especially, if he loves her. Another man could never destroy my ego, but your mother could. She could use a few choice words, or take a lover, and criticize my love-making ability. That would literally destroy me.

If you are still married to him in 10 years he will not be the man he is today. He will gain life experiences and confidence. And confidence makes a man desirable to women. He will grow in his career and will start making decisions that will be the correct decision in his life. The older he gets he will be able to evaluate situations and do what is in his family's best interest. You will not resemble the man he is now.

Ask your mother about young men. She laughs at them when they hit on her. She says when they grow up and become a man give her a call. That sends them home with their tails between their legs. Do you think if I didn't keep my game up she would stay with me very long? I don't have to be perfect, but she has certain expectations that she expects from me, I, and of her.

Kyler is a very humble young man. He tells me often that he couldn't believe you would be interested in someone like him. He promised me he would work hard every day to prove to you he deserves to be in your league."

Laura smirked at the comment.

Her dad saw the look and grin. "Honey didn't your girlfriends tell you he's hot. And they envied you. You better watch out if you are taking their advice. They might have ulterior motives. If you divorce him, they will be looking at him." Laura frowned at that comment. "I'm just saying." She quit grinning.

One last comment before the court is back in session. That ego is earned, not given. I want you to remember that."

Her dad smiled and announced, "courts back in session."

Mrs. Tasker: I understand you never want to see his family again. Is that true?

Daughter: "Your damn, straight. They called me all kinds of vile names and called my baby a half "N." And it turns out they had Black people in their family after we did an ancestral DNA test."

Father: "If anyone tried to hurt your baby. What would you do.?"

Daughter: "I would kill them without prejudice."

Father: "Would you hate them?"

Daughter: "Hell yes."

Father. "Is Kyler their baby?"

Daughter: She whispered, "Yes."

Father: "Do you think they overreacted because they thought you had destroyed their Baby."

Daughter: "Yes."

Dad: "His parents this week and told me to tell you how sorry they are for their action. They asked me to tell you not to use their actions in your decision to stay with Kyler. They will stay out of both your lives and the babies. They never expect to see the baby or other grandchildren. His brothers and sister have also agreed to this.

As you know he comes from a very tough side of Philadelphia. You grow up in a hurry there. He learned to fight in the streets and with his three older. He had gotten into Golden Glove Boxing and was quite good at it. But his parents made him give it up when they found oud out his IQ was off the charts.

They explained to me he was the best of all of them and they wanted him to succeed and get the hell out of there and make something of himself. They will step away if that's what it takes for you to forgive him.

What would you give up for your child's happiness?"

"As far as the Family ancestry test showing that their side of the family had a relative from North Africa. A Great-Great aunt finally admitted to them she remembered her Grandparents talking about the family scandal and how it was hidden out of shame. If it had ever gotten out back then, the family would have been ruined."

Dad: "I want to call Miss. Chamblee to the stand."

Laura looked at her father with a "What in the hell look."

Her dad looked at her, "Judge, I wish to bring in a character witness for my client. One that knew him before all this happened."

She rolled her eyes and replied, "Fine, Dad. She'll take a stand."

Dad: "Miss Chamblee, How did you meet Mr. Tasker?"

Miss. Chamblee: "You know, at a Frat Party."

Dad: "Tell the judge what happened, please."

Miss. Chamblee: "I was at a frat party at college. One of the football players had me cornered and was groping me. Kyler came over and shoved him off me."

Dad: "What position did he play on the team?"

Miss. Chamblee: "He was starting Middle Linebacker."

Dad: "A pretty mean dude?"

Miss Chamblee: "Extremely."

Dad: "Tell the court how you two got together."

Miss Chamblee: I wanted to thank him. But I didn't know who he was. I asked around and found out he was a member of that Fraternity. He earned membership by tutoring the rich kids. I found out he spent a couple of days in the hospital after the fight."

The football player that he knockout was there. He was there with a broken jaw. They eventually kicked him out of school. I ran down Kyler about a week later in the student center. He was sitting at the table studying Statistics. He had the biggest, black eye I'd ever seen.

I walked over and introduced myself, "Hi! I'm Laura Chamblee." Do you know what he did next? He stood up and shook my hand. He was the first guy to ever stand up when I approached him. I thanked him for saving me. I realized he was pretty cute. I wanted to get to know him better, so I asked him, "Let's get together this weekend and hang out."

He told me no thanks. I sat there in shock. No guy had ever turned me down before for a date. I sure my look gave my thoughts away.

He said, "Miss Chamblee, I know who you are. I hear you are a pretty nice person. And I know what your family's last names mean here at Wharton. Your Dad is on the Board of Trustees. My name means nothing. I am here on a full-ride scholarship. I cannot and won't screw it up for anybody. That includes the best-looking woman on campus. I blushed when he said it. I heard it before, but somehow it sounded different when he said it.

I have goals in life, and I am just six months away from my first goal. That goal is to graduate at the top of the class. A lot of people are depending on me graduating. I am the first to graduate from college in my family. And I will not let them down.

I know you come from one of the richest families in Philadelphia. How would your family feel if you were to be seen dating a dishwasher that works at the student center?

He stood up to leave. He smiled, which melted my heart. And said, "You're welcome."

Over the next few days, I kept an eye on him. Yep, Dad, I was stalking him. Yeah, me, Laura Chamblee, a stalker. There were always girls attempting to get together with him, but he would politely turn them down. I had never chased a man in my life. I was going to chase him until he caught me.

From that day on, every time he studied, I sat right across the table from him. I didn't ask his permission. It ruined my weekends. Friday and Saturday nights, he would study for 4 hours at the library. He had just gotten back to the frat house the night he saved me. I sat right across the table and never said a word to him. Do you remember my grades improved my last semester? He worked out; I worked out with him. He ran, I ran. I lost a few pounds.

He didn't ignore me. We talked, and we had an exciting time. I made sure I didn't end up in the friend zone. It was about two weeks before finals, and I must have eaten something that didn't sit well. I was sick as a dog.

The third day I got a knock on my door, and there stood Kyler. And me without my makeup on. Great I thought. He asked me if I was ok. And if he could get me anything. I told him I was feeling better but would like some chicken noodle soup.

12