In Defense of The Son-In-Law

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I told him to let me get him some money. He chuckled and said, "I'm poor, but not that poor." He left and came back with the soup and a few other things. In the meantime, I put my makeup on and made myself more presentable. I told him he had now seen me at my worst. He fixed me lunch, and we talked a bit.

I finally asked him if he if missed me? He said, "Yep, You're kind of like a wart." I looked at him, and he snickered. It comes out of nowhere and grows on you. It aggravates the hell out of you. But one day, you look down, and it is gone. You realize you miss it when it's gone." I didn't know what to say after that compliment.

He asked me how I was doing with my papers that needed to be turned-in in a few days. I was behind, and he helped me get them done and turned them in.

You met him at graduation when he gave the class speech. I was so proud of him. When I introduced him to you and Mom, I stuttered on how to introduce him to you."

He reached in and shook your hand and said, Nice to meet you, "Mr. Chamblee. I am Laura's boyfriend."

"Then he took me over and introduced me to his family. You offered to buy dinner for everyone. Dad never said it, but thank you for doing that. They couldn't afford Charleston on the River.

We had gone back to our rooms in the dorm to get changed. We went to his room first, then mine. When we went into my room, I turned to him and told him, "If I'm your girlfriend, we better consummate it with a kiss. He looked at me and said, "I am planning on doing a whole lot more than that." She blushed as she looked into her father's eyes.

Dad: "Yep, I remember. You both showed back up an hour late. You were glowing, and he had a shit-eaten grin on his face." She turned beet red.

Dad: "When you were pregnant, was he there for you? You told your mother he would rub your feet and back and rubbed oil on your skin to prevent stretch marks. He held your hair up as you threw up. What I'm asking you, Miss Chamblee. Was he always been there when you needed him?"

Miss Chamblee: "Yes."

Dad: "Do you know why character, witnesses, are called to testify? It is because before we give our final arguments to the jury, they'll have the entirety of his character, not just a snapshot of it. So they know what is in his heart. I rest my case.

Her dad ran his hand through his hair and sighed, "I am not going to give you my closing argument here. I posted it in a comment in response to your posting. From that, you need to decide on the verdict. You are the prosecutor. You don't get to give one at this time. You have been giving yourself closing arguments for the last two months.

I want you to go to your site and read my final arguments now. And in those arguments, I will remind you of all the points I brought up to refresh your memory.

Personally, Laura, this case has terrified me. In this case, I cannot win or lose. But, the ramifications of this case will affect two families for the rest of their lives, and one of them is mine.

I want you to go in there and read what I said. Make your decision and pronounce your verdict to Kyler. You need to move on with your life. You are stuck."

She silently headed to the living room to look at her computer. She pulled up her replies and found her dad's posting.

****

SHOULD I DIVORCE MY HUSBAND. HE IS A RACIST.

I read your story today, and it is heartbreaking. I have noticed that most of the comments are telling you he is racist, immature, misogynistic, and his little ego was hurt. They are telling you to dump his ass and move on.

I want to give you advice from a man's view. But before I do, never, please never, make a final decision solely on advice from people who are not personally involved in your situation. If you need advice, go to family, friends, a counselor, or clergy. Someone that doesn't have an ax to grind. You don't know the person giving you advice. You do not know what kind of experiences and prejudices that drive them to their decisions.

First of all, he is not racist by using the N-word. He might be prejudiced, a bigot, but not a racist. A racist is somebody that thinks he is genetically superior to another race. In this case, he was hurt beyond your imagination as a woman.

I have heard many times that men can never understand the emotional pain of being raped. The loss of total control over your body, decision making, and it will be with you for the rest of your life.

Excluding men that are physically raped, which is a small number compared to women. A wife having a baby with another man is as close as you're going to get as an equivalent for the man. It destroys his masculinity. It makes him feel less than a man.

I am going to tell you right now 99.99% of all men would have reacted the same way. Color had nothing to do with it. If it was a black couple and the baby was of another race, he would have reacted the same.

As has far as asking for a backup to validate the first DNA test to prove the baby was his. Most men would have asked for two also.

Also, look at all the other stories about women having children of different races and denying it happened. Do you remember the one on this site about a woman denying the black child was hers and it was still attached to her umbilical cord?

As far as his family attacking you, they thought you destroyed their son. I bet if he hurt you in the same way, your father would have gone after him.

Also, they were all kept in the dark about the black genes they carried. It seems someone had kept it from them for generations. And I bet they were as shocked as you were. I bet they hate themselves more than you do now if they are the type of people that raised the man you love.

You need to look at your relationship with your husband as a total sum to get through this. You say he is truly remorseful and is doing everything to make it up to you. What was he like before this? Was he there though the time when you needed him? Is he truly remorseful?

Another question is how did the staff react when they saw the baby? I bet you the first thing they did upon the birth was call security before you were handed the baby. That should tell you they have seen this many times before.

My suggestion if you do reconcile go to counseling. It will help both of you.

My last question to you is. How would you have reacted that day if the baby or you had a medical issue. And you didn't see the baby till the next day. Then they laid a black baby in your lap. Would you have believed it was yours with zero doubt? I'm Just asking.

Good luck with your decision."

Laura slowly closed her Laptop and stared at it. She reached over and picked up her phone, then dialed Kyler's number. "Kyler, I have made my decision.............."

Forward.

I didn't finish the story because I never saw any updates from the original poster as to what happened. I hope it works out for both of them and their families. I feel the fault laid with the young man's ancestorial family for hiding everything. It was just bad luck.

What would you guys have said to her?

Authors note: I read an article once about fraternal twins girls. They were born in the early Two-Thousands. One was really dark skin and had dark hair and one really light skin and blond. They both had the same father.

12