In Dungeons Deep Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was a lot to take in, and Lug reeled under the sheer force of the other woman's delight in speaking. Still, her cheeks flushed with the revelation of how highly Hogarth had spoken of her, which he took to be a good sign.

When Runa had finally reached another pause, Hogarth gestured towards the row of pots on the book case. "She was also able to get your little garden started. Between the two of you, we should be up to my ears in veggies and greens in no time." Hogarth never expected to hear himself sound so excited about the prospect of having vegetables to eat, but anything would be better than bare mushrooms at this point.

Lug looked slowly back and forth between the plants and their new companion, her expression difficult to read. Eventually she nodded, and tilted her head to look up at Hogarth. He met her gaze with a smile, and she returned it.

"Okay. Green magic too weak now, so gotta wait." Using Hogarth for stability, she stood up and surveyed the room around them. "Plenty for doing till then." She walked over to the pot containing Runa and tilted her head to look all the way up at her. Her stance widened, hands planted on hips, and a matronly persona took hold. "You potted in there good, or have you got feets?"

"Oh! I have feet, yes! Even toes! As many as you like!" She raised her leg and displayed her muddy appendage, wiggling with at least six toes on the end. Her legs were covered in thick tendrils of roots that slowly receded beneath the skin.

"Good, we workin' on this place. Too much dust, not enough cooking."

They spent the next few hours washing and rinsing everything in the basin, the grime they accumulated draining conveniently into wherever the pipes went. Runa identified a jar of dried herbs that was still preserved, and for the first time since he'd descended Hogarth had a hot beverage. It would have been better with sugar, but it had a minty taste and the smell was reminiscent of lavender. Everyone had a cup, even Runa, who sighed in delight after every sip.

By the time they were done the counters were polished, the shelves nearly spotless, and everything had been sorted through to separate the detritus from the viable. It meant a lot of empty containers and bare shelf space, but their optimism was so high they didn't see the void, they saw the opportunity to expand.

When it felt like evening was drawing in, Lug rebuilt their makeshift bed to be a little more comfortable before allowing him to call it a night. Runa's chattering persisted until they finally wished her goodnight, after which she smiled and sank back into her pot to curl up into. She was smiling at them from over the rim of the pot still when he finally just closed his eyes relaxed into the furs. Lug made a show of stretching, then draped herself over him and snuggled all the way up to his chest till her head was nestled beneath his chin.

It was such an overt display of possession Hogarth had to resist the urge to chuckle, instead wrapping her in a firm embrace as he sank into a blissful sleep. All in all, it had been a very good couple of days.