All Comments on 'In Health'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 284 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty good. Not the direction I'd have taken it, but whatever. This site needs more wheelchair porn.

Schlouis57Schlouis57about 1 year ago

Très intéressant à lire. La salope a eu ce qu'elle méritait (dur à dire).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A brilliant, nuanced, and compelling story with characters of profound character and decency, and remarkable selflessness and restraint. Total contrast to the typical, morally draining stuff you read here. Someone scrupulously avoids fucking a friends willing wife, even when it’s offered for good reason(“he loved me enough to offer it; I loved him enough not to do it’; wow!) Please keep writing. Your stories have real value, beyond entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best stories I've ever read on this damn site. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't know exactly what to say about this one. The protagonist started out as an admirable good guy, then changed into an unjustifiable monster. I'll just pass on the rating. Thanks for the first half of the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Compelling, but a tough read. It must have been difficult to write. So harsh, as is heartbreak from betrayal.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

The authors final comment th at relationships need to be like Dle and Katrina is a dangerous outlook. It would be very difficult to be friends with a person like Dle if you have no respect whatsoever for him. Any man, using the term loosely, that would agree to wife sharing is not worthy of respect. Unfortunately, this is likely the way of the future. Men are increasingly disposable in society , and no one has any issue with it. The age gap to natural death between genders has continued to increase, after no age gap at all in 1920, a mere 100 years ago, is now 8 years and the curve is diverging. Men continue to die earlier and more commonly from all 15 major causes of death. There have already been movement, by fems and lawmakers n general in some jurisdictions to allow further redefining of marriage as to allow a women to have more than ones husband, as Katrina would in this story. Polyandry when it arrives is just another way to subjugate the disposable male. As everything unravels further, it shound be fun , right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think a person has to have been there and done it to be able to write like this.

Don't we all fall short?

Grade of 5

RCD

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeabout 1 year ago

This is some story. I can relate, somewhat. 2 1/2 years of stage 4 of a rare cancer. 7 surgeries. 3+ organs lost. Six months of chemo. I am so grateful he’s still here. I try to make him feel it’s been worth the fight. Right now, he’s stable. But the CRISPR technology is now available at his cancer hospital. It’s a funny thing; you’re always wishing for an outright cure. You never imagine that things could ever turn out unhappily if there was one. Thank you for your story.

wiverswiversabout 1 year ago

Toward the end I figured it would be a story about two people just bad enough to fuck-up their - and each other's - lives... Well, Nate was way worse than I though he would be. Way worse than his wife.

wiverswiversabout 1 year ago

I don't know whether anyone here knows the song "Shards of love" by Woods of Ypres, but I'd say neither spouse remembered the good times... Poison all around, very depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Chloe gets a miracle cure, comes back better than ever, Nate has worn his body out caring for her while she was sick.

She decides to go her own way and live the life she would have liked to have had, walks out leaving Nate with all the debt and to make matters worse takes $2000 out of what money they did have so she can set herself up.

Then Karma comes along and slaps Chloe up the back of her head.

Nate's reaction when he visits Chloe at the end is about what she deserves

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000about 1 year ago

Eat sh** and die cu**! The very best LW story this year so dar!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An excellent tale. Sad but well told. Thank you for your time and talent. DMW To wivers: IMHO that cunt deserved all she got and more, MUCH more. What a fucking selfish bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The retribution in this story is as concise as a scalpel in the hands of a talented surgeon... and cuts just as deep.

I didn't see it coming, so well done!

Though it was vicious, it was deserved, for her actions and selfishness, sure, but also, in no small measure, because of the truth that she would have deserted him if it had been him that needed her support, even to the point where she admitted that had she not gotten sick she was thinking of leaving.

No, she was deserving of the truths that he forced her to face, she was not worthy of absolution, at all.

And it works so, so much better because he also lied: she had not thoroughly destroyed him. I am glad you finally gave him the life he deserved.

I wonder what she was thinking, before he eviscerated her delusional self image? Did she think he was going to forgive and forget, holding her hand and comforting her again as she waited to die? Did she think he was going to be a weak, spineless, emotional crutch, selflessly giving comfort in her final days? I think so. And I think he chose well.

It's not his fault that her genetic makeup was as flawed as her spiritual makeup.

Everyone has to die at some point. It could have been that she got hit by a bus the day after she left him. He would not be any more at fault if he had thought 'karma's a bitch', and left it at that.

Great read. You do really well as an author: quietly illustrating the underlying psychology, creating stories where you get to the real substance, without requiring a single secret Cayman Islands bank account, or a high powered sniper rifle.

I find myself adding the comment I made the very first time I read one of your stories: your pseudonym is just not true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@DevotedWife:

Well done, you sound more like Kate in this story, without the added complication of an outside interest.

That sounds like true love to me.

Your husband is very lucky to have you, but I have the feeling that it's mutual. There's only one possible reason that he keeps your devotion: he deserves it.

So, even though I doubt you'll ever read this comment, I wish the best for both of you.

If only everyone could be as honest and honourable in their relationships as you appear to be. If that were the case, there would never be any loving wives stories at all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hah!

Some commentator said he turned into an 'unjustifiable monster'.

My arse he did. He just wasn't a pansy, gullible sucker.

To that reader, if you post your email address I will send you the details of a deal I've come across: this multi-gazillionare needs to get rid of some cash for tax reasons, and he's looking for people to help him out.

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 1 year ago

a great story of trust, dedication, expectations and betrayal............

rated 5*

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

The word for this author is COURAGE for approaching such a difficult subject, caregivers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent. 5*****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"Our massive debt meant there was no way to swing me joining her on any of these excursions." - None of the groups funding Chloe thought to pay for him to go along?

\

"I just can't spend another two decades with you simply because of gratitude" - Why not? He spent two decades just for you!

\

"For a time, you were the perfect husband for me." - Yeah, when he could take care of you, at his own expense.

\

I was glad that he made sure that any speaking or fund-raising that she did got a copy of that letter!

\

"the bankruptcy touched neither" - But the bankruptcy has to have ruined her credit also. If she had a smidgen of integrity (Ha!), she would have found a way to transfer all the debt to her name.

\

"I disrobed in private, wrapping a towel around my waist" - I could be wrong, but I don't think you need to get nude for massage therapy.

\

"Her response was immediate, a plea that I come visit at her expense." - God, what a self-centered cunt!

\

I would have let her pay, some small payback for the bankruptcy.

\

"I did love--" - She had admitted that even before she got sick that she was thinking of leaving him.

\

I'm glad that his "illness" at the hospice was an act.

\

@Twentyseven, she didn't "just" fall out of love, she abandoned the man who refused to abandon her! As for revealing something about themselves, a story is just a story, but you're reading something into the story that is opposed to what the story explicitly states. He has a new wife and family who love him, and the return of old friends.

\

@vanye, it wasn't stated explicitly, but I do think she'd feel the effects of the bankruptcy. It said that it couldn't touch her apartment or company car, but if she applies for any sort of credit sh'll feel it.

\

@tennesseered Re: "If CRISPR technology robs us of our humanity, no thank you." - It's not the technology, it's the person. Their friends went through the same thing, and became MORE human!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The end was super dark man. But I think you did a great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Certainly very well developed including leading the reader to like the male M/C and despise the female M.C…It surprises me when readers are surprised that people are selfish. Insecure rotten individuals. This story screamed for revenge however somehow it would have lessen the end.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

espero nunca conocer a nadie que se parezca a ningún personaje aquí introducido.

todos eran horrendas personas... horrendos seres humanos.

dicho eso, gracias por la obra, realmente me pareció notable

nogravynogravyabout 1 year ago

Another fantastic story idea! Thanks again for the great read!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart12 months ago

I was thinking I was going to give this a 4 with how it was going, the husband broken and dead inside. The twist bumped it up to a 5, I liked the fake-out with it. She had broke him but he managed to get fixed kinda echoing her own journey. But unlike her when he was fixed he chose to build a better life with friends and family rather then hurting others (well except the ex but she deserved it), even at his lowest point he could not hurt his friends.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It was a great story until the wife left and he reacted so negatively.

Ocker53Ocker5312 months ago

Great story, I would have stuck it to the bitch too⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story. Certainly very well developed including leading the reader to like the male M/C and despise the female M.C…It surprises me when readers are surprised that people are selfish. Insecure rotten individuals. This story screamed for revenge however somehow it would have lessen the end.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14x12 months ago

Very well written description of a grotesquely sad situation.

To 'Anonymous' just before me: I claim he got as much revenge as he could.

a) Publishing her letter obviously had a an immediate effect, and probably never left her.

b) It would not have taken the VC [the new American kind, probably also a narcissist] long to find out how accurate his letter was, more fuel for infidelity.

c) The lie-filled rant at Chloe also contained the truth of the bitterest damage he had absorbed -- he was now capable of being that cruel.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What a bitch wife....no sympathy.....she deserved all the revenge and more

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Damn brutal. Good man. Great story

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Brilliantly done, I thought you had this so right, so good that for once apart from the details of CRISPR being better than right now, you really wrote a great story, really good insight into what some people have to go through and not get out unscathed, well not at the beginning, I loved your character set, the plot was great, cheating and BTB but not in anyway near the normal for on here, great.

For a change I feel that this type of retribution is highly likely to happen in this real world.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Wow, this hits too close to home for comfort. Not that I suffered like Nate did, but I was delegated to the role of caregiver for my wife for a number of years. Won't bore everyone with the details, but I takes a special kind of person to be a caregiver, and sadly not all of us have that quality.

I'm glad that Nate was able to get some revenge on the ex-wife because she so deserved it. I like how he was able to contain all of his hate and anger in the poison bottle and empty it where it helped him. Well played Nate, well played!

J6480J648011 months ago

Great story, well imagined. CRISPR is real & hopefully with time will provide more widespread relief 5*s

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Quit reading when he was dismissing prostitutes etc!

Know more than a few people going through similar things!! Quadriplegic, parkinson's.MS,etc. Go to support groups etc but do not get emotionally and/or physically involved with others. They believe in sickness and health And love their spouses so don't feel depressed,deprived,etc

Take it one day at a time and thankful for each day. They eat and exercise right to stay capable of helping spouse and feel better themselves. So this shit pisses me off. I greatly admire these people as I hope to be able to do same if necessary

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The premise about the cure is not credible, even with your note at the end. I did not like the venom to the ex in the hospital. Usually, you are too RAAC. This at least had some integrity.

Schlouis57Schlouis5710 months ago

Cool, j'ai bien aimé.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story until his final meeting with the ex

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
-1

Not enough pain for the ex. Too many pussies in the comments below.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Self righteous asshole story. Wish I could give it zero stars

Wildbill1964Wildbill196410 months ago

I too, was in a very similar position with this story. My ex wife had cancer FOUR times during our time together, and I stayed steadfast with her during her recovery each and every time, and nursed her back to health. After the last time around, she gained all her strength back, only to use it to betray me and our marriage vows in some of the most cruel ways. Some years after I divorced her, she developed a rare hurnea growing into her heart that could not be treated or removed without destroying her heart, thus killing her anyway. I can't say that I felt sorry for her at that point, after she destroyed our marriage and our relationship, along with ANY trust or sympathy for her. She died very lonely, and full of regret that she had no one to express it to. 5 stars, and bravo for a very thoroughly written story about something that DOES deal with true to life issues. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Chloe harvested the bitter crop she sowed.

She did destroy the man she loved, how else could he have devised such an evil way to make her last days a living hell?

And, in a very real way, what she's feeling is entirely her own fault.

If any of you don't agree with me, ask me if I care.

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg0610 months ago

Excellent story

She was a hateful woman

Karma

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

to the author: you never disappoint

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

sometimes all the hate and vitriol in some of these stories are, while not unwarranted, sometimes just down right silly. not in this story, you sir got it right, the pain was easy to see. cheers. T.R.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Brilliant story. Well-written MC, good pacing, and...man, what an ending. Thanks !

TrambakTrambak8 months ago

Chloe would have left him had the roles been reversed. That’s the saddest part.

5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

i'm not sure i would have taken the time and effort to confront the ex cheating bitch ?? he actually took time away from his new wife and family to waste on a one sided confrontation with her . i would have just wrote a letter telling her to go to hell and left it at that . he may have felt better,but i thought it was just wasted effort . the fact that he moved on and was happy in his new life was good enough for me .

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

Another good, and very realistic story. Many treatments for life threatening illnesses increase cancer risks. A friend has lived with several life threatening illnesses over 30 years. Successful Hodgkin treatments triggered MS several years into remission, then breast cancer 10 years after that. Surgery beat the cancer but the MS keeps slowly advancing. Add a divorce before the MS (selfish ex), and an enduring 2nd marriage.

A_BierceA_Bierce8 months ago

Like a few others, at the closing scene I flashed on the image of gimpy Verbal walking away from the cop shop, losing his limp, standing straighter, then getting in the car with Mr. Kobiyashi. Helluva story.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

wow... one of the cruelest yet realistic betrayals I've read about here. well done.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hatred for someone to this level WILL destroy you as fast if not faster than the person aimed at . Trust me I know from personal experience and it took me a long time to understand that . Avery good story about the extremes of love and betrayal and you'd better believe that it was betrayal HOWEVER it was good to see that he DID find happiness finally .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Extremely well done, even if some of it really shocked me.

As a caretaker, it resonated.

I know I couldn't have made that speech at her deathbed,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I’ve read about a lot of sorry worthless bitches in the last 10 years here on Literotica but I think Chloe has to be the most disgusting, most cold-blooded excuse for a woman I’ve ever even heard of. He should have totally ignored her request to meet and just left her to die alone in disgrace, pain and ignominy.

Yeah, I have been called a vindictive SOB a few times.

Very good story, NTH, thanks for sharing it.

As painful as parts of it were it’s still a Five Star story.

ToreadornotToreadornot6 months ago

I struggle with the deathbed speech, but it was necessary for the storyline. It certainly explored a number of relationship possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The ending of this story simply proved that the protagonist could be just as angry, hurtful, and manipulative as the antagonist. 5 **** worthy for making me think. Many of us have been hurt by our loved ones. But how we react to it shows our character.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Responding to anon about a week ago that Chloe has to be "the most disgusting, most cold-blooded excuse for a woman I've ever even hear of." Not even close. The ones who are the most heartless are the ones that cheat on their significant others, don't ever feel remorse and then blame the guy for having cheated on the in order to justify their actions. . They are the most worthless. Although with few redeeming qualities, the woman sucked the protagonist into mimicking her behavior.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

didnt like the story and hated the cunt but gave the story 5*s when the mc was able to tell the cunt the truth, , he glad shes dying, in pain, slowly, she deserves every possible min of misery the world finally gave her. rk

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well, that was brilliantly thought out and executed, especially the ending, I'm not used to stuff of this quality on LW. Well done! One small correction tho, I know many will think I'm being pedantic, but widows are women, men are widower's.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That was a unique ending. I actually love how you turned the "forgiving the wife on her deathbed" trope on its head. To me this was a perfect btb story. A lot better than those "sending your wife to the whorehouse" stories.

MyInspirationMyInspiration6 months ago

Wow, that's some venom at the end. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well written but dark and depressing as hell.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll5 months ago

Yes, dark, dark, dark. An intriguing story. A story line that plays out similarly in a variety of real-life situations (e.g., 9/11 widows and other firemen). Having said that, I too was put off by the venom directed at the dying ex-wife. That's just me and it's not my story, so ... just take it for what it's worth. One might ask what she expected to gain from the meeting. I imagine some sort of forgiveness. But there's quite a divide between forgiveness and invective. So he got to shame her. So? I doubt that's going to quell his demons, and she ... well she's got worse things to focus on..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dark but very well written. I thought his affair with Kat disgusting, inexcusable in fact, really no different that what his wife did to him. That makes him, to me, total trash.

I have no problem with his invective at the end. She really needed to FEEL what she did to him. Not for her sake but his. It would have been delivered, with more impact, delivered in a calm, cold, unemotional voice and tone. After that just get up and leave saying nothing more. She likely hoped for his forgiveness and that he'd stay and comfort her while she died, a true narcissist. Don't get me wrong, she's in a terrifying place, but the most she is due is compassion. He certainly owes her nothing else

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Anony 5 days ago,is an asshole.

Nuff said, and like the slut, compassion is what you LEAST deserve.

Go ahead, turn your other cheek, as you must be inured, given your two-faced comment.

LalawmanLalawman5 months ago

Very good until tne part where she left him and told him sorry he has to deal with the bankruptcy issues. It doesn't work like that anywhere AND was not needed for the storyline. She was leaving for a better, and presumably a higher paying job than his would have been believable. This one fact kept me from a believable investment in the story. 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He left the room too early. Sit and watch her suffer and calmly say more shit to her. Get her so worked up maybe you can watch her die.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So creative to tie the entire story line to the potential fallout of CRISPR based cures. Oh most Talented Hack. :o)

calflashcalflash4 months ago

I know it was a story but I think my blood pressure spiked when read about her abandonment and the letter. Talk about ingrate in caps. A definite 5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

On page one, I think the best example of the dying is "Man plans and the gods laugh." ( Not God laughs.)

JPB

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"For a time, you were the perfect husband for me." - Yeah, when she could use him.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Second read. Said it before, and I’ll say it again.

Best new author on LW. Please, please keep writing here. I try to keep my reading to 4.0 or above and have read all the “great” ones’ portfolios. You keep me coming back and waiting for the next drop.

Thank you,

JTassJTass4 months ago

Wow! That was an emotional roller-coaster. And holy shit, I think that was the harshest BTB I've ever read.

gprevgprev3 months ago

Read it the first time and rated it a 4 star. Now, I reread this tale, and I now give it a 5 star!! Love it!

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594193 months ago

Another great story. I do enjoy your twist and turns.

🙉🙊🙈💨🤢🤮🤬

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Damn, that’s a great one, VTH, thanks so much for sharing it. I agree with the sentiment Nate had about forgiveness. When a very important person in your life cold-bloodedly stabs you in the back, forgiveness is Off. The. Table. Psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor, therapist all be damned. Anyway, thanks again for a great story.

Five stars

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wow that was a cold thing she did.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 month ago

He's a cowardly, weak bastard. No wonder she left him.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

A tale full of emotions, thank you Hack! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

BehindbluisBehindbluis13 days ago

I lost my wife in '12 after 6 years of a slow deterioration from COPD, a really ugly way to go. Massive steroids given to her to help her to breath slowly stripped the calcium out of her bones to the extent that she woke up one morning an coughed. The moderate cough was strong enough to crack three of her ribs and a vertebra in her spine. Three weeks later she left me. After four years I left for a new town, found a new lady, at church even. Within a year we married. Twenty months later the cancer was too much for her and she left me too. I understand staying through thick and thin. Don't think I can do that again. Your story brought back a lot of memories even if they are only remotely similar. Now I need to thank you for the entertainment and sharing your talent; and then take a cup of coffee out on the back porch to reminisce....good times and bad.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

I’m almost at a loss for words. What a powerful story. All those years, all that love, and she leaves that cowardly letter and slinks away into the night, gone forever. Until she’s really dying and needs him again. I believe there’s a special

place in hell for people like her. Hope so anyway. Tremendous piece of writing, NTH, thanks for sharing it here. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Too much anger make him dangereous for his life

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...