All Comments on 'In Health'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 282 Comments
truthandjustice99truthandjustice99about 1 year ago

The lie this sick puppy was happy will come back to haunt him the acids of hate will shorten his life and all around him will leave as this hate bubbles to the surface. He will be found frozen to death on a cold winter day in the park

unmourned and forgotten.

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Simply utterly OUTSTANDING!

5 stars

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

Deliviously bitter. Five stars, of course.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

This is a very good story but there are a couple of plot holes in it which prevent it from being a 5 star story. This particular author is amazingly talented and every story that he has written so far given a 5 stars but this one I cannot..

.

I absolutely loved the rage That the husband felt and dealt with and Don't all over his self centered violed disgusting obnoxious cunt of a wife.

.

The problem that I had with the story is that The middle portion of this story is rather contrived. Once the wife starts getting better and he can't keep up why doesn't he say anything? The husband goes on for several paragraphs about how hes being ignored and everything is about her And the media coverge is all about her. Yet he says and does nothing..

.

In order for the scene at the hospital when the wife is dying to be really Effective all of this rage has to be followed up inside the husband for years. Which means that the author had to make sure that the husband never said anything about how he was suffering While the wife was becoming a perfect physical specimen.

.

Sorry but that is contrived to the nth degree.

.

Also why didn't he the husband contact the Various media outlets that had done all these wonderful stories on his wife and tell them what she had done?

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

A rather unpleasant tale about two very unpleasant people. The source material of this story lends itself to a more uplifting direction. It's a shame you didn't take it.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 1 year ago

Oh that was outstanding.

That confrontation is so often missing in stories on here but you nailed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Congratulation. Very good story. What originality.

We are not all the same.

If some can forgive easily, others need this anger, this hatred to be able to stand up and move forward.

It's really good that you opted for this option, which is rare in this site where the majority of authors see themselves as White Knights or Holy Men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This one didn't come off as well as some, but it definitely plowed new ground. Your ability to show the reader things that are right in front of his/her eyes is as rare as it is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

If we're lucky, we can find happiness in this life!

5

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 1 year ago

As always.

Another great read.

I'm with you on this forgiveness bullshit. The only one who benefits is the one forgiven.

BTW, I note that you tend to use 'that' when you should be using 'who'. It's who when referring to people, and that when referring to objects. Constructive crticism only. It's a common error. I even see the current batch of so called journalists making the same mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow! A powerful story powerfully told.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Got to love a hater. None of that forgiveness bullshit.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

Great story, great imagination, thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's always a blessing to find caring women in our life. These kind of women are well needed to be shown as an example of dark image.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that’s what I call a story! Justice! Personally I’m prepared to wait for retribution, so that it comes like lightening from a cloudless sky!

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

A great story with a really vivacious BTB.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

Chloe's only crime was to fall out of love. On the other hand, Nate is an evil, vicious man who will make life miserable for everyone he touches. I've said it before, but some of you authors don't seem to understand what your stories reveal about yourselves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You're not getting me again. I just soldiered on with this one! I'd like to thank you for a well written, imaginative story and for finally providing me an experience to rival the guilt I felt after my last most depraved sexual escapade. The shame that descended on me as I achieved release just as your MC was viciously berating his bedridden, cancer riddled, vile husk that was his ex-wife, surely eclipses that one time and that one thing I did at the only family reunion I've ever been invited to. I'm sorry Aunt Beth! 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow, that is one dark story…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She got what she deserved. End of story.

NgatiDylanNgatiDylanabout 1 year ago

Interestingly there was a recent tv program here in NZ https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/03/19/kiwi-liver-specialist-on-brink-of-cure-for-rare-genetic-disease/

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Struggled with this one.

Interesting concept and reveals the frailty of human nature, but the final scene did not seem cathartic and did not represent a man who was living his life well.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

A good well written story

the story was outstanding as it made me feel the hatred Nate had inside him

that hatred did scared me a little because it was almost realistic

felt sorry for Nate for having a difficulty in moving on as that hate and anger stalled him

I am just saddened that he had to be very vicious with Chloe

but then the hate was still there, so I kind of understood what he did.

but glad in the end he found happiness

I now find a character as more despicable as Linda, Chloe broke Linda's record in LW.

/

Thanks Mr. NoTalentHack

as usual, very good tale.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Damn. I don't hate my first husband enough to do that and he put me in the hospital.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 year ago

An original Loving Wives story is something to value and this one has a lot going for it. Kudos to NTH to pull this one together so well. Those who have shared lives with disabled spouses know all about the negative effects and emotions that come with being that partner and caregiver. Despite everything, they are expected to stoically carry on with economic and emotional support, often to their detriment of their own health and well being. A partner leaving can be traumatic by itself, but what makes it especially painful in this story was trial the husband endured beforehand.

There are things that are much worse than having your partner simply leave you and this story gives you a glimpse of one of those things.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryabout 1 year ago

That was incredible.

DSolomonDDSolomonDabout 1 year ago

Fantastic.

Great last scene.

So often those who are so hurt by the arrogance of others rarely get to spit in the eye of their tormentors. The just deserve justice. Nate receive it in two ways: A life well lived; and, the ability to say "goodbye."

Thanks

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

I was ready for an ending where he spoke lovingly to his ex-wife and his continued suffering because of his strong moral code and overall goodness. The twist at the end starting making me angry yet I was accepting she had done that to him. You are one of the best authors on this site and I'll look forward to ready your next stories. Yes, 5*

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

As it happens, I was listening to Don Henley's song directly before I read this. This is the single most devastating BTB story I can recall. In the end, I don't buy the vial metaphor. I have to go with Don. But a great story. D

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

Very sad, well written, but very sad.

Anger will destroy you if you hold on to it just as surely as cancer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story is painful in a way others haven't been. There are many ways for a wife to leave. Mine suffered bipolar issues, and after 37 years contracted Ovarian Cancer. We also decimated our finances getting to MD ANDERSON in Houston. Having adopted 3 girls from China, I left with their care and upbringing despite having put myself on the backburner for all the previous years. Unlike the MC, I was denied any form Of redress, and instead have my family is subject to the brutal treatment of an uncaring legal system and the degenerate company Johnson and Johnson who refuse to own up to their responsibilities for the after effects of using their talc based baby powder. They have know of the dangers since the 1950's, but never made them public. Your story has reignited my pain and anger, but rings more true than fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Always jump to read your new stories. There is great depth.

I don't know enough to critique 'proper' writing; I just know I like the stories.

This one hit home, as I care for someone. I know people who split after healing.

I don't think I have it in me to make anybody's last days like that. It was black. But it was part of the story.

Keep up the good work.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedabout 1 year ago

Different kind of story. So many emotional and twisting turns.

6ulprsn6ulprsnabout 1 year ago

Incredibly well written story. Honestly, I didn’t see the ending coming until it played out on the page. Extremely sad but well detailed. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hmm, a bit torn. I honestly would have had more sympathy for Nate if his life had turned out the way he'd told Chloe. As it is, his reaction didn't ring true with his situation. That much bile stored for years, coupled with an eagerness to be as cruel as he was? This does not equal a well-adjusted man who has a stable and happy marriage now that he's moved on. For me, that's the sci-fi part of this tale.

Still, engaging as hell, so kudos for that.

francemanfrancemanabout 1 year ago

Hi Notetakenthack,

I am part of the purity and holiness brigade of Lit readers, and I strongly disapprove of the rude and disrespectful attitude of the ex-husband.

You have surely noticed our effective proselytism on most of the stories.

The husband or the ex-husband, although betrayed in the depths of his flesh, to the very foundation of his being, must never:

- being rude to his wife

- must never say that he hates her or that he no longer loves her

- must still be bound by his marriage vows even 10 years after the end of it

- Should never tell children the reason for a separation or divorce when everyone knows about it, and they are going to be heckled at school.

- Must always think first to satisfy the desires and desires of his wife who is now .... very very sad and unhappy.

- Must never say that his wife is a stupid bitch and that "it was only sex, I did not adore her, we can overcome that....." is a tissue of bullshit. Sex for whom...? if you didn't like it then...? and who will have to overcome what?...

We therefore ask you to rethink your stories in order to best integrate our philosophy, our spirituality...

With this you will receive a member badge.

Failing that, you read the comments, you would grow old alone and unhappy, you will become embittered.

You will even lose your hair and your libido and you will gain thirty kilos.

So the choice looks easy and clear.

See you soon my dear brother.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

Very interesting story and great flip at the end, just when I thought everyone died in misery

CriosCriosabout 1 year ago

Another awesome story! The "retribution" was well-delivered and well-deserved!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would have let her pay the air fair and hotel expense and I would have had my family go with me. They don't have to visit her but crap, run up a bill or two! Also, see if she has a life insurance policy and guilt her into making you the beneficiary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

friend of mine HAD a wife that became deathly ill. he spent days by her side in the hospital she flatlined twice. one in hospital and once on way to likeflight chopper. she recovered. he was like a man that the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders. damn his eyes were alive again. spring in his step. and then a few months after her recovery she dumped him. to this day, years later, i can not stand the sight of her. what a BITCH, sorry if i have insulted bitches. he eventually met and married again to a WONDERFUL, CARING woman. damn soooo much heartache.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

Many thanks, NTH, for a wonderful story. You conveyed very well the feeling of helplessness that a person can feel when a close family member, or spouse, is dying of some terminal illness. I understood completely. As many others have also experienced, my sister got non-hodgekins lymphomia and passed away. Then my BIL of cancer. All lingering deaths. But by far the worst was my lovely lady who battled strongly but over many years surcumed to MS. Slowly, step by step, as the vile disease took away her mobility and strength, her body weight and health. Until every little chill or cold would put her in hospital on life support, until even that couldn't save her. Financially, it wiped us out and destroyed everything we had. But at least I never had to face the things your character had to. So, fantastic story. Thanks again. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can’t figure out whether to love this or hate it. I really liked the MC until the deathbed scene, so in the end they were both assholes. I hate the outcome so much that the 5 stars I planned just aren’t happening. But the story was far too compelling to give it the 1 star I feel it deserves after that awful scene. My choice is to abstain from giving a rating, and yet still thank you for taking the time to write it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Helluva story. Waste of time talking to her though. You can’t shame a narcissist

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, good ending, did not expect it. Thanks for writing.

Bebop3Bebop3about 1 year ago

A rich, powerful and sad story. Well done.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

When she left I had a serious "oh no" moment in my head that this story was gonna go someplace truly dark. Though I'm glad that he got that cathartic final confrontation with his narcissistic ex. If reincarnation was real, and if she was, she'd be fucked.

Moonbat74Moonbat74about 1 year ago

A good arse kicking for the bitch.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

An unusual story, but true to the LW category. Richly written. Just superb! 5 stars. I am always thrilled to discover a new story from you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks a lot you selfish bitch. Hope you burn in hell !!!

dc6370dc6370about 1 year ago

Excellent story!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 1 year ago
Dark Story

I didn’t like Nate dumping on his ex at the end. He had already moved on. He should have declined to see her (like she declined to see him whilst dumping him). That said, this is a powerful and thought-provoking story. HIV also made a good point - IRL he would have pushed back on her behavior after her recovery.

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

@twentyseven It's more the way she did it. She didn't do it to his face, she slipped away in the night, completely abandoning him.

Thought my understanding is that she would have been held liable for part of the medical debt - it would not have all been on Nate. Artistic license, I'm sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Final scene was abominable for a MC who is supposed to be “loving and compassionate”, makes it seem like he was lying throughout and this is the real version of himself. Rest of the story was great, would rather have him castigate his ex without the theater.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 1 year ago

Well written. I felt it was just a tad on the wordy side, but still good. I did have to Bing CRISPR. Interesting technology. Oh and the end, the clothes, and the cane, suffice to say I smelled that one coming. Loved the hatred vial.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

I'm glad you turned it around at the end. I was getting very angry that Nate was self-punishing and wasn't getting on with a better life with a better woman. Nice twist.

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

Love the vicious tirade at the end. Brutal.

And a lie! For no other reason than to punish her. Savage.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 1 year ago

Hay, NoTalentHack...well, if ever I've heard a more inappropriate selection for a pen name, I can't recall it.

This story boldly points out that the NoTalent part of that moniker no only is a lie, but a blatant one. So, unless this is a plagaristic fraud of a presentation from you, know that from now on, your NoTalent billboard is a transparent cover over a more accurate moniker of MuchTalentHack.

...and in case tou can't tell from all that, yes I liked thus story very much. 5* easily, with room to grow.

CatMotherCatMotherabout 1 year ago

Wow. Just wow. So utterly dark, but a rare insight into what it's like to be the caretaker to a spouse with a chronic health condition. I speak from having done it now for over 30 years, btw. You are a rare talent.

DontPanic442DontPanic442about 1 year ago

Another amazing tale. Thank you again.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Dang - Another powerful tale with one of the best BTBs I’ve read in a long time. 5*

woodwardwoodwardabout 1 year ago

Powerful story. I went thru something similiar only was just abandoned emotionally in the marriage.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Wow. That was different. Intense.

MtTopView59MtTopView59about 1 year ago

Dark . Nate seems so Schizophrenic and narcissistic . Hard to imagine he ever will move on. Glad this is fiction and he is not walking around out there. 5 star

imhaplessimhaplessabout 1 year ago

Original -- I really like original stories; 5* from me and many kudos.

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 1 year ago

Hell yeah this dude's the man!

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 1 year ago

Wow .....

Couple of things to mention as I finished this tale.

I thought it was incredibly well written, I also like that the main character was honest with himself. He was flawed, just like all of the other characters, the difference is that he could admit those and yet stay true to his morals to a certain extent. That was remarkable to see how he was able to do that through the writing by this author.

The ending was surprising, but also satisfying after a fashion. Some of your reader's comments obviously will not like the ending. Believing that the story is what YOU the author would do in the given situation. Whether it actually is or isn't is hardly germane to the point. (Hope your commenter Twentyseven takes note of that! Lol)

The point is you wrote a story for us to enjoy, and for that I thank you.

It was a provoking story, as most of these kind are. It makes one wonder what they would do. How would they react to the same situation and so forth. The emotional and financial damage, the sacrifices made and so forth. It's an ending both dark, a little humorous, and fulfilling/sickening all at once.

Any story that gets me thinking is a pleasure. Just wanted you to know I am grateful for your content.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 1 year ago

Very dark story. However, I don't understand how she could live dept free after the divorce and he got all the depts. At least she should be responsible for at least have the depts.

I understand his pain, but I don't understand how his outburst at the hospital could help him. It makes him less sympathic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was awesome! Beautiful bait and switch towards the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Twentyseven gets the award for the dumbest comment. Hopefully the same thing that happened to the MC will happen to him. Then let us see how smug and cavalier he is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow!! Powerful story. Chloe is one cold hearted bitch.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956about 1 year ago

Excellent story. Really puts a focus on the care-giver. This, hopefully, will give some people things to think about.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956about 1 year ago

Excellent story. Really puts a focus on the care-giver. This, hopefully, will give some people things to think about.

Frank66Frank66about 1 year ago

That bitter, vicious, and extremely hateful payback on his ungrateful and self serving ex-wife just RUINED what was an extremely powerful and poignant and realistic tale of a husbands sacrifice. Honesty told in a way few have or could. Such a man who could turn down his new 'love of his life' because it would destroy her marriage. Quite a few of the BTB'ers here will love it, but sad to say, there's no human kindness in their hearts and no love. For this man to find another love, with children, while holding onto all his hatred, is practically impossible. A very, very good story wrecked, but that's maybe what the writer was going for. I'll stay with a 4, but a 5 plus was pretty much a lock, until.....

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

I don't really have problem with what Chloe did. Near death experience changes a person. That said, Nate was owed a face to face conversation. Not a Dear John.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Somehow NTH made this seem boring and tedious. First story of his I had to skip through parts. The BTB crowd will be jerking themselves off to this one though. 3*

DakotaTRDDakotaTRDabout 1 year ago

I've read countless stories on Literotica, particularly in the Loving Wives category. While there are repeating themes, this story, and several of the others you've written, are very unique. I like that in this particular MC, you allowed him to remain angry, perhaps even a bit evil in the end. I can easily see that he was justified in keeping his hate for her strong. It must be difficult to come up with new story ideas, as you tend to take a path no one else takes. Thanks as always for giving me something good to read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another powerful story from a writer who obviously understands the emotions that rip the souls of someone who has, willingly or otherwise, found it appropriate to make huge sacrifices for loved ones, only to have their sacrifices belittled and tossed aside by those for whom they were made.

I believe that true 'understanding' of those emotions only comes with having experienced them.

Thank you for your story! 5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars, is the last confrontation. Deserved as it was, staging a ruined life to throw heavier punches seemed wrong. Showing up looking good and strong and expressing everything he was forced to contain all those years would have been fine without the bullshit. He kind of went against what he was taught by his family.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

4 stars - I also struggled with this story, having survived a not life threatening, BUT a severely challenging condition called MENOPAUSE that lasted for 10 long long long years. It destroyed the sexual part of our relationship, at a time when I really could have used a caring considerate 'friend with benefits'. In hindsight, I should have just done that, because the end result would never have changed - just my point of view and my self care. The part that really gets to me, was her choice to do it the 'natural' way, without life altering chemical relief, or even a hysterectomy to remove the fibrous, painful, constantly bleeding, uterus, that was causing all the difficulty, until she had no choice, at 57 years of age. By then it was too late. Today we are like two ships passing in the night.

Now, I am just a bitter old man, surviving to care for my children and grandchildren as long as I can.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

That was dark, but well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"TwentySeven" commented that Chloe's only crime was falling out of love. That's so indicative of so many problems in the world today and marriage in general. Everything is disposable, people included. Instead of working through things and honoring the commitment of marriage, just dump that one and move on to the next with nothing more than a partial devotion to temporary satisfaction of desires.

NTH has once again shown himself to be the preeminent author on this site. The strength and depth of Character shown by our mc is palpable. The sacrifice in the relationship with his friends in determining that despite what they both reluctantly thought they agreed to was so very loving and considerate.

Hack, you are the very best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While people like to think that we are better than the MC we are not. For what he went thru in his devotion to her at the expense of his life and then to get dumped on deserved the ending the author wrote. I don't care who you are. If you go through what he went through and then are summarily dismissed, you want revenge. It does not matter how long, or the circumstances. Her dismissal of their marriage after 15 years of his sacrifices was the well deserved ending. This author and his stories are the best on LW, due to their realism and the thought provoking that they create.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 1 year ago

Powerful story telling, but MC has to be pretty cold hearted to exact that kind of retribution on someone’s deathbed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@Twentyseven - Actually, comments, being reactive, tell you more about the writer than a well-planned and written story like this tells you about the author. Unless you're stupid enough to think that every person who writes murder mysteries is a serial killer, you already know this...

Now, let's look at what you're comment tells us about you. First, it shows that you have a reading comprehension problem. Falling out of love was not Chloe's only crime. In addition, she was guilty of using and abusing a man she didn't love because it was convenient to have his love and support in her darkest hours. She was very clearly guilty of being a self-centered bitch. Even as she lay dying of cancer, she drug him back into her life, not to make him feel better, but to ease her conscience and abuse his strength as she found herself heading towards death once again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow! Talk about a tale with many faces!

.

What Chloe did was unforgivable. But….the truth of the matter is that Nate admitted to himself that he did not stay to help her during her illness out of love…but out of loyalty to his marriage vows. Fact is…even as Chloe admitted she was considering dumping him prior to her illness, Nate had also drifted from her and probably would have gone along with a divorce at some point.

.

But—when she got sick…he stayed. And more than stayed…he gave EVERYTHING he could to help her, eventually finding the clinical trial that turned into a miracle cure. And what was his reward? She reactivated her divorce plan…and then executed it in a cowardly and insulting manner.

.

His revenge was justified…and clever. As we find out at the end of the story, he actually SUCCESSFULLY moved on from the Katrina disappointment and found Marion…and had a good life. But when serendipity presented him with the opportunity to delive a kill shot to Chloe…he took it. Yes…he was justified. And MAYBE taking this retribution was good for him. But maybe not. Still…..Chloe was finally put into her place. Talk about an atomic BTB!

.

5 *****

sdc97230sdc97230about 1 year ago
Ending didn't work for me

First, people like Chloe who can do to a loyal, supportive partner what she did to Nate aren't normal human beings, they're narcissists who don't experience emotions like guilt. As she lay in her death bed 12 years later, her only regret would be that she didn't screw Nate over badly enough to leave him powerless to strike back at her and take away all the cake in her new life.

When the wags were making "CRISPR Widows" the story of the day, the account of Dale offering Kat a hall pass to help Nate recover and Kat and Nate not using it should have been publicized. Contrasted against the story of Chloe abandonment of Nate, it probably would've been good for a book and a movie and would have made Chloe the most evil female villain in modern history.

Then Nate's best revenge would have been to send Chloe 12 years of annual holiday cards about how great his new life without her was going, show up at the hospice with his new family to gloat about it, and THEN hit her with his explosion of hatred and his wish that she will suffer a long, painful death alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice. I like how the main character viciously dispelled all the justifications his ex used to prop herself up all those uears afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Does anybody really know what time it is?

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 1 year ago

I've generally not a big retribution fan, as it tends to end up being the complete driver of the story and rather unsatisfying in the end, but this was simply gleefully vicious, and much appreciation for how you did it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant!

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 year ago

Some poeple did not read through the end and missed the final twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Upon further review… while I loved the story, it had one problem I’d like to point out for the future… it seems like you were torn between a happy ending for the husband, and a BTB… You seem to have tried to have your cake and eat it too… In the future (meant as constructive criticism) don’t try for both because the two coexisting in the story made both a bit implausible…

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 year ago

I severely disliked the 'Hollywood' scene of throwing and breaking and destroying things. It just is so childish.

I did not take away any stars however because I really liked the final confrontation with the ex-wife

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well... That was ride fraught with the emotional baggage of one well scorned. How to rate this? While Nate opening a jar of napalm on Chloe was well within his rights, one wonders if the man's previously described character traits would have allowed him set it aflame? But, in this story, he did! Good read, with a bit of an unexpected end. I will give it higher marks than I feel it warrants because to drop down a star would only result in lowering the rating which it currently has. Blasted algorithm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well... That was ride fraught with the emotional baggage of one well scorned. How to rate this? While Nate opening a jar of napalm on Chloe was well within his rights, one wonders if the man's previously described character traits would have allowed him set it aflame? But, in this story, he did! Good read, with a bit of an unexpected end. I will give it higher marks than I feel it warrants because to drop down a star would only result in lowering the rating which it currently has. Blasted algorithm.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsabout 1 year ago

Brilliant, really liked the ending.

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 1 year ago

Well done. Unique, and quite original.

5 stars.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 1 year ago

It's a beautiful story in its overwhelming darkness. But trustfully, I won't read it again. It was beautifully writen showing the pain, suffering, and despair of patients and caregivers of lifethreatening diseases. I guess as always we have to live with our choices in life. That's what makes what we are. Thanks for the story.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic3about 1 year ago

Very powerful emotionally. Definitely shows how different people are in their needs and wants. Also, how human nature varies so widely from person to person. I think Chloe honestly felt she was doing the right thing by leaving Nate. The way she did it absolutely matched her character personality. Her flaws were well documented. So we’re Nate’s. His loyalty made it much harder for him to cope with the betrayal. Well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...