In Her Cousin's Footsteps Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lacey had never felt so excited. She knew what she was doing was wrong, even demented, yet she couldn't stop from reaching down to touch the discarded panties, as if her hand had a mind - and a will -of its own. She heard the movement of a shower curtain coming from the adjacent room, and it quickly brought her back to reality. She reluctantly dropped the panties and rose to her feet, taking one last look at the pile of clothing and wondering if she could ever recover from the sapphic excitement that she was feeling.

Kristi deliberately took her time in the bathroom, making sure to give her cousin enough of a head start to escape from the bedroom after loudly turning the shower off. Kristi wanted desperately to know what had happened in the other room, but she knew she had to regain her composure before facing Lacey again. Was it possible that her cousin was physically attracted to her, she wondered? Should she run in the opposite direction to avoid a potentially embarrassing mistake? Kristi couldn't deny that her week with her cousin was an eye-opener in many ways. Was her shy, awkward relative turning into more than just a friend?

Kristi peered out of the bathroom and spotted Lacey sitting quietly in the living area, looking down at her phone. She quickly moved into her room, closed the door behind her and dropped her towel. Reaching into her overnight bag, she slowly dressed, almost hoping that Lacey would be bold enough to enter her room again. She looked down at her drenched clothing before gathering it up and tossing it in the empty bag. She deliberately decided on what she considered to be her least sexual outfit -- an old pair of khaki shorts and a faded sky blue "Life is Good" t-shirt, but she couldn't resist sliding on a pair of lacey navy hipster panties. She turned around and admired her ass in them, wondering if it could ever come to the point where she could show them off with another willing female - maybe one sat very nearby.

She decided to leave her hair down for a change, and she finally got up the courage to enter the living area. "Pretend nothing happened," she kept telling herself over and over, but there was no denying what she saw.

"Hey you. So, did you decide on tonight?"

Lacey avoided eye contact. The vision of those panties was etched in her mind, and it took every fiber in her being to leave Kristi's room without doing something unfathomable with them.

"Um, I'm good with just hanging out here if you want. Isn't your boyfriend coming this weekend?"

"Well, he may be 'cumming' this weekend, but not with me," she giggled like an adolescent. The joke went over Lacey's head, lost forever. She didn't remember feeling this nervous before.

"Besides, he's really not my boyfriend," she said, wondering why she felt the need to clarify the type of relationship they had.

"If you want to stay here, how about if I give you a short tour of the campus? We can stop somewhere later for a bite, then just relax here for the night. We still have our Netflix and Comcast, so there's plenty to watch."

"Ok, Kristi. Are you sure you don't want to sing though? I bet you're better than you're letting on."

Kristi decided to be silly, breaking the ice, and she belted out, "Figaro, figaro Fi---garo!"

They both laughed hysterically. "Wow, you really ARE terrible!"

Lacey pretended to grab a microphone and stood up, clearing her throat. She chose a Whitney Houston song, and began singing tenderly, "And I.......... will always.....love you... I will always.... Love you."

They both fell silent, before Kristi said quietly, "Cuz, that was... really really good. I actually have goose bumps. Does anyone else know you can sing like that?"

"I used to sing in the church choir, but I don't really go any more," Lacey said, blushing.

"Well, if you want to go to karaoke, I could go."

"No, I'm good with your idea, Kristi. I'm anxious to see the campus whenever you're ready."

"Okay! If you need to take a shower or anything, feel free."

"I'm actually okay, I think. Later though for sure." She smiled at Kristi, and they left the apartment.

Lacey hoped that Maddy wasn't going to show up at the apartment. She wanted 'alone time' with her friend. God, what would she have done with those panties if she hadn't heard the shower curtain opening? She couldn't get the panty lineup out of her head, as obscene as it seemed. She shook it off and they jumped into the Miata. Minutes later they parked along the street. Beautifully manicured lawns greeted them. With it being the first month of summer break, there was very little activity on campus.

"First stop, the Ag building. Straight ahead. And if you keep going through the arches, you will walk directly into the huge library, Angie's second home," Kristi smiled as she thought about her nerdy roomie.

"It's so huge. I would get so lost," Lacey commented.

"Well, that's why you have me here, to guide you, Cuz," Kristi said and to Lacey's surprise, she reached out to take her hand.

"Come on, let's walk."

Lacey held her hand, but stopped. "Kristi, um, what if someone sees us like this? They might get the wrong idea."

Kristi nodded, "Yeah, that's true. But I don't care if you don't. We know the truth, right? Friends can hold hands, can't they?"

Lacey smiled. Friends. She couldn't help but feel just a hint of disappointment at the comment.

"Right, friends can hold hands." They walked hand in hand for a couple of blocks as Kristi showed her the various educational buildings, but when they reached a more crowded area, they mutually let go, again keeping their distance.

"Hungry? There are lots of pizza places, or Chinese, Mexican, burgers? your choice, cuz."

'I could eat a big juicy burger, to be honest. Is that allowed in our regimen? Maybe a nice thick shake too." Lacey's mouth watered as she asked.

"I know a really cute place. It's like a 1950s diner. The waitresses look like they should be in "Leave it to Beaver," Kristi said excitedly.

"I'm in!" Lacey still couldn't believe that she was on campus with her cousin, who actually seemed to be enjoying her company. Who would have thought?

They walked to the diner and found a seat at the old-fashioned tacky steel table, sitting across from each other. Lacey admired her cousin from across the table and noticed that she had some sunburn from the earlier workout.

"Kristi, you got a little bit burnt, I think."

"Yeah, I felt it in the shower. Oh well, a little color isn't the end of the world, right?"

"No, it looks good on you," Lacey smiled. Were they actually flirting, she wondered?

"It would have been a good beach weekend, I bet. I'm glad we're staying around here though to be honest. You wore me out this week. It will be nice to relax for a change."

The waitress took their order and while they waited, Kristi's leg brushed against Lacey's under the table, but neither one moved away. Amazing, Lacey thought, how a simple touch of calves could feel so good.

They each ordered burgers, and Lacey's stomach growled loudly while they waited. They both laughed at the sound.

"It won't be long, cute little tummy, before you get a nice juicy burger," Kristi said, giggling as she looked down at Lacey's stomach.

Cute, she called my tummy cute. Lacey felt her face reddening and their legs remained pressed together under the table. The burgers came, along with a basket of crispy fries. They both dug in, and Kristi commented,

"God, this is SO much better than sex," then she covered her mouth. "Sorry cuz. I didn't mean that."

"It's okay, Kristi. I can't imagine anything being better than this, really."

Kristi looked around before whispering, "So, you never really ever, you know... messed with a guy?"

Lacey shook her head. "Never went to third base?" Another nod. "Second, at least?" Lacey shook her head again. "I don't even know what those bases really mean, but unless they're kissing, the answer is 'no.'"

"Okay, so first base is touching through clothing, second base is touching under clothing, third base -- that depends on who you ask, but for me it's giving or getting oral. And a home run, that's going all the way."

"So what's a kiss? That's as far as I ever went."

She laughed, then caught herself. "Lace, I don't think there is even a base for that. Don't worry, I think it's cute that you're waiting for the right guy. It's better than doing everyone like a lot of the girls do in college."

"I can't really say I'm waiting. I mean, I would have done stuff. It's just that no one ever really paid much attention or asked me out. I'm not exactly one of the more popular girls in school."

"Well, they're crazy. You're perfect to me. You're funny, sensitive, cute."

Realizing she may have said too much, Kristi changed the subject. "Well, I'm stuffed. Ready to head back to the apartment? Carmen gave me some movie titles that she made me promise to watch before school starts again."

Lacey nodded and wiped her mouth. The waitress dropped the check on the table and they both reached for it at the same time. "I got this, Cuz. You're my guest this week," Kristi said.

"Okay, but I get the next one."

"Deal."

They returned to the empty apartment, and again Kristi told her friend, "Mi casa su casa, bonita."

"Well, is it okay if I jump in the shower?"

"Yep, it's all yours. You can put your stuff in one of the other bedrooms. I left a towel and washcloth in the bathroom for you."

Lacey thanked her and picked Carmen's room since it was made up and had a bigger bed. She dropped her overnight bag on the bed and pulled out her boy shorts and a t-shirt, assuming that they were in for the night. Gathering them, she headed for the bathroom. She toyed with the faucet until the water temperature was just right, and she stepped in. As she shampooed her hair, she heard a knock on the door.

"Cuz? May I come in?"

Lacey took a breath. Was this really it? She felt such an amazing connection with her cousin, and she knew deep down that it was much more than just a friendship. Holding hands in public, flirting, pressing their legs together under the table. It had come down to this. She looked down at her body, and for the first time in a long time, she saw herself as a desirable woman rather than a nerdy child. She wondered if her cousin saw her in that way too. Were they actually going to shower together?

More knocking. "Lacey?"

"Um, yes?" Lacey heard her voice wavering as she responded.

"I forgot the conditioner. Okay to come in?"

"Oh, um....yeah, sure."

She heard the door open and an arm reached around the shower curtain.

"Here, take it. Sorry I forgot it earlier."

Lacey heard the door close as she showered, torn again between relief and disappointment. She finished, stepped out of the shower, dried off and slid her shorts and oversized t-shirt on. She dried her hair and opted for a ponytail, wondering if Kristi would prefer that. She stepped back into Carmen's room and dropped her dirty laundry onto the floor next to her bag before joining her friend in the common area.

"Look at you all casual," Kristi said as she looked over her friend, smiling.

Lacey plopped herself down in the comfortable oversized chair across from Kristi, who was sitting on the couch, remote in hand.

"So, what are you up for? Murder mystery, romance, comedy, reality shows, reruns?" She flipped through the channels as she asked.

Lacey was embarrassed to admit that her favorites were the History and Discovery channels, with an occasional foray into the Hallmark channel when she was feeling like watching something lighter.

"Well, I don't really want to have to think tonight or be educated, so how about something really light? Carmen gave me a list of 'must see' movies, but I'm not sure we'll have the same taste."

Kristi reached for a hand-written list on the end table and read them off.

" 'The Notebook' -- Saw it. 'Leap Year' -- Sounds dumb. Oh God, 'Rocky V,' really?" They both laughed. Kristi looked down the list.

"These all sound bad. Wait, how about this one -- 'Better Than Chocolate'? Anything with chocolate in the title has to be good, doesn't it?"

"Sounds good, but it's going to make me hungry for something sweet, I bet," Lacey said.

Kristi found the DVD in the stack next to the small TV and knelt down to slide it into the player. Lacey watched her intently from behind. She knew she was smitten.

As Kristi sat back down on the right side of the couch, her hand dangled over the armrest. Lacey watched it, only a few inches from her left hand. She leaned to her left as the movie started, and they made small talk while the plot unfolded, barely paying attention. To her surprise, Kristi closed the gap and she felt her hand lightly being touched. Their fingers traced each other's slowly, innocently as they spoke. Each of them was aware of the touch, but they both tried to pretend that nothing was happening. The electricity between them was incredible, and as the first scene unfolded, they held hands from their separate chairs.

On screen, the two main female characters embraced, then kissed. The room got totally quiet, before Kristi said, "Holy SHIT!" She looked over at her cousin, who was riveted to the screen.

"Sorry Cuz. I had no idea, but considering that Carmen picked it I guess we should have known something bizarre was possible." She reached for the remote, fumbling to try to turn it off but failing.

"What the hell? I can't stop it!" Kristi looked back, shrugging at Lacey.

"Fuck it," Lacey said quietly. "Let's just watch it."

Kristi's head turned, shocked to hear her innocent younger cousin uttering the word.

"Lacey, did you just say what I think you just said?"

"Yeah, FUCK it. What's the worst that can happen? Besides, the storyline is kind of interesting," she said boldly.

"Okay Cuz. But if it gets to be too much let me know and we can change it. And tell me that's not the first time you ever used that word," she laughed, drawing a mischievous smile and a shrug from Lacey.

She sat back down, and her right hand again searched for Lacey's hand. They watched quietly, and their breathing intensified as the nearly x-rated paint scene unfolded before them.

"Wow."

"Yeah, wow. I may have to sign up for an art class next semester," blushed Kristi as she shifted on the couch.

"Cuz, keep watching. I'm going to get changed. Be right back, okay?" Lacey nodded and watched her walk down the hallway. Kristi glanced back and caught her looking. She smiled to herself as she entered the small bedroom. "Is this really happening? Am I seriously falling for her?" she asked herself. She had never felt this type of an erotic rush with the boys with whom she shared intimacy, and nothing had even happened yet between her and her cousin. She unsnapped her khaki shorts and dropped them on the floor in the same spot where her 'innocent' cousin was exploring her panties earlier. She resisted the urge to reach into her own panties, knowing that she would find the tell-tale moisture borne from a combination of the steamy lesbian movie scene and her admitted desire for her own cousin. She looked in the mirror and decided to match what her cousin wore, keeping her panties on and going with an oversized t-shirt that stopped just short of her cheeks. She took a last look, raising her t-shirt up to admire her tight stomach, then dropped it back into place before heading back out to the living room.

Lacey smiled up at her and Kristi was tempted to squeeze into the oversized chair with her cousin. Instead she dropped back onto the couch. The movie finished, and they were speechless until Kristi broke the ice.

"I'm going to need a cold shower after that," she giggled.

"Tell me about it," Lacey said quietly as she again reached for her cousin's hand.

"Anyway, um... it's getting pretty late, but if you want to watch something else, we can."

"I guess I'm kind of tired. I didn't really sleep very well last night, and we had a really early morning."

Kristi agreed. "Well, you can get into the bathroom first if you want. I'll check to see if there are any fresh sheets for Carmen's bed."

They parted ways, and Kristi searched for sheets, finding none. She peeked into Angie's room, but her bed was totally stripped down to the mattress for the summer.

"Your turn," Lacey said as she slipped past Kristi in the hallway and entered Carmen's room.

Kristi finished in the bathroom and met Lacey in the hallway between her room and Carmen's.

"No luck with sheets, Lace. Sorry. I don't know if you want to take a chance and sleep in that bed, or if you want, I can take the couch and you can have my bed."

They both lingered in the hallway like nervous teens after a first date, separated by inches in the small area. For once in her life, Lacey took the initiative, reaching out to hold Kristi's hand.

"I don't want to kick you out of your own bed," she said quietly, almost sheepishly.

Now it was Kristi's turn to take a chance. Now or never.

"It's small, but... if you want, we can try to squeeze into mine." She squeezed Lacey's hand as she said it, hoping and praying that she wasn't misreading things.

She followed, "You don't snore, do you? If you do, I'm kicking your little butt out into the hallway!"

Lacey shook her head 'no' and Kristi turned around to enter the room, pulling Lacey in with her and closing the door behind them.

(final chapter is coming soon)


12