All Comments on 'In the Bank'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should be part 2 to the story. You can't tell me that John didn't have thoughts that the Slick nickel was there earlier with his wife with the same intentions he had with Anna.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whew! That was close!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

3 Stars, not enough punishment. Not nearly as good as your "Cruise on By" story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It wasn't a close call for Sam, just the reader. She had zero thoughts of Landry in that way. Carefully read Sam's dialog and Anna's dialog. Sam's issue was balancing work with family and that she really liked how Landry invigorated her job. Her issues with Joh was about the work-life balance as she got selfish about her career. Anna is different. See what she says about Ted. Also Sam's comment about Anna has the time to hit the gym 4 days a week. Remember how Landry keeps scoping the gym? Also Anna has a stepmother to fill in with the kids from time to time. Sam is buried under work and family with three little girls. Anna has more opportunity to cheat. Landry knows this as he calculated who he would seduce. Besides even if Sam was a stay at home mom (with three kids quite a job as it is), she would never cheat on John. Read the dialog. Well written as are all this author's works. As an aside Anna and Landry did it like three times in a week. The remote work experiment has just happened recently. This was no one time accidental dalliance. They worked up to it and the remote work experiment was the way to consummate an affair. Given what the husband saw and heard, their marriage is doomed. She was clearly really into it and that put a nail in the coffin of their marriage. She can argue "it didn't mean anything" all she wants but him seeing it and hearing it, both her enjoyment and encouragement, and that they did 3 times in like a week, means it is game over. Anna was a stupid slut and wrecked their family. Notice how Sam is bewildered why Anna would do it. One though of her family and consequences, the other didn't think and blew up her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Decent story. Didn't like it as much as some of your others...but it was WAY above average for this genre.

And I repeat again. Its pretty clear based on her comments that AngelRider is a bitter old cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5

Read the brilliant analysis two earlier beginning "It wasn't close... .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Anonymous who wrote the comment starting with "it wasn't a close call..." was absolutely correct and hit the nail on the head. Sam was never going to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To much background on stupid shit that has nothing to do with the story. Frankly I was so bored at the end of the first page, I skipped the rest of the story. Maybe you could write for soaps as they love to take 6 months to get to the point!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

women cheat more than men, seven times more according to the "Pew Foundation"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lol that Pew Foundation poll (if it even exists( is horseshit. Sounds like QAnon cuck crap. Large studies show that 29% of men have an extramarital affair (longer than one night stand) at least once in their life while married by time hit their 40s to 50s. The number for women has gone up in the last 20 years to 19% (was 12%, while men have stayed similar over time). 30 seconds on Google can give you the stats. Lol 7x higher. Hehe. In the words of Bugs Bunny: "What a maroon."

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Uh… we’re we following the wrong characters?!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Landry didn't only get fired by the bank thereby loosing his well paying job BUT one night (just before he left town) he was assaulted by 2 men.

They did a real workover on him. The Police interviewed Teddy but his alibi was "He was with me and two other men playing cards and drinking beer". The other 2 guys confirmed this. (I really owe my mates big time).

Once out of Hospital Landry packed up his stuff and left town. However no-one has heard from him since not even his parents.

Maybe he should not have pulled over to help the damsel (Teddys very 'nasty sister) in distress broken down on the side of the road.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Sam was never close to cheating. She admired Lamdry as a professional and was.inspired by his business and managerial skills but had zero plans to cheat. Ann was the one who fell and got burned. Sam's issue are work life balance, yet being inspired by Ted while.missing her husband being away. Ann had very different issues with Ted. Read the dialog carefully.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Intriguing idea, well told

waltdeewaltdeeabout 1 year ago

I see what you did there…

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"Then Sam asked, "Do you think he's the kind of guy who would go after a married woman?"

Anna looked shocked. "You're not interested in Landry that way, are you, Sam?"

Sam blushed. "Oh! No! No, not at all. It's just that he's so successful. I can't imagine him doing anything like that to mess it up."" - If she can't imagine him doing anything like that, why'd she ask if he was that kind of guy?

\

"but he bent down to unlace his boots." - He took his pants off with his boots on? Not impossible, but awkward!

\

@WandererSoul, she was sitting at a desk, Landry was on a sofa (not a bed) so I'd guess it was sort of an office.

I do agree that since the story was about both women that it maybe should have gone further with Anna/Teddy.

\

@johncooksey, while it's POSSIBLE Sam would have slipped, I really believe that she was all business, despite her earlier wondering about Landry's interest in married women.

\

@Anonymous, not Ted, he was Anna's husband, but Landry.

\

@demander Re: Shitting where he eats - I believe it was mentioned that he tried to avoid it, but their town was a target-poor area.

\

@vickytvohio - John DIDN'T find the same thing. Sam was sitting at a desk, Landry on a sofa, both fully-dressed doing nothing inappropriate. Landry and Anna were found naked in bed fucking, not even CLOSE to the same thing, never mind "basically."

\

@donjuan, nowhere was it stated that it was a guest bedroom. As an empty house, it was surely an extra bedroom, but they had a sofa and a desk, it was a home office.

\

@Anonymous Re: Landry - I agree, as written, he wasn't pussy hound hunting married women, he was looking at other places for available women, but couldn't find any. Even at work, he treated them like professionals.

\

@lickideesplit Re: "Who squealed on Boss/Bull?" - Um, Teddy's lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Boy, we're all really lucky to have @sbrooks103x available to respond on behalf of the author. After all, who would know more about the story and the author's state of mind than @sbrooks103x?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So glad the main characters didn’t wind up apart. You get a 5

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice story but the friend is a moron she had sex with her boss in the house. What did she expect

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The question I have is did Sam cheat too but just get lucky she wasn't cheating when her husband arrived? We'll never know for sure. She was interested enough to think about it.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A busted cliché made for a better story!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"Dodged the bullet" by coming home early?

kirei8kirei811 months ago

It's a toss up whether or not Sam would eventually cheat. Only the author knows for sure. With the blush she had when talking to Anna about him, my vote is yes.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

She was too close to cheating.

Mentally and emotionally cheating?

He got fired.

Hoping the bank got hit and all employees questioned about why no one spoke up about limits

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The day John came home and found them talking in her office, was that just after they had fucked in his bedroom?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

John is a moron

mfbridgesmfbridges8 months ago

That ending didn't make sense. Why have the main couple of the story not be a part of the drama. Oh the author pulled the wool over our eyes. Not really because I would have believe both were cheating with him. So there's really no surprise. The surprise is the author trying to write it so that the dah most obvious isn't what happened.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

@Anonymous, No, Sam didn't fuck Landry, he was still grooming her.

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

These stories seem to be written in two styles so different they seem to be written by different authors… I love the terse style, not the verbose one.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I guess in a way, this was a trick ending. “ disappointed expectation”, they call it. I worked for an ass for awhile, who tried to tell us we had to be reachable “ all the time”. Bullshit, I turned off my phone, when I went to bed. And just like the sleezeball Landry, he tried to screw his way through the company. Normally, these people don’t last long, but in this case, he was an owner. I quit about a year ago. I understand he has incredibly high turnover as well.

But back to this story- Sam was getting ready to screw Landry. Her co-worker beat her to the punch. It was very obvious the way she treated her husband and family, that they were now #2 in her life, both literally and figuratively. I felt like this was another treaty of Versailles. And just like Germany did, wifey would be spreading her poontag , for some strange again.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree7 months ago

That was a fine story.

Well worked plot and twist.

It just needed a little sparkle to make it to the top shelf.

4 out of 5 from me.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Good one, I wish big John could have had a go at Landry.

RePhilRePhil7 months ago

Just perfect. Don’t even change a comma in this story. What are all the best stories so short hahaha. Thanks for putting yourself out there in this unforgiving section

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A good honest read although a bit ho hum . It needed more drama .

DK . 3 * .

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

Nicely done... and 5 stars.

Always good to see a couple dodge a bullet of infidelity, and the buildup in the story seemed to be leading to Sam & Landry doing the horizontal mambo, not Anna.

The crash of Anna and Teddy was a well done surprise.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

looked like it was sam in his sights till it wasn't ?? misdirection at the very least . would like a little more to see how it turns out .

Pappy7Pappy76 months ago

Both women were walking a fine line between admiration and obsession with the boss. I felt like it could have gone either way, just depended on which one Landry made the play for. Maybe reading into it but it seemed like at least some of Sam's step up on sex was, whew, it was almost me. Once you get that involved with someone it is really easy to shift your devotion to them. It seems to me that women have more of a problem because of that than men do, just because of how women are wired. And home office or not, bosses and employees don't need to be in a bedroom with the door shut. Interaction should take place in the front of the house, open for all to see. Very well written with a very subtle misdirection. Thank you for sharing your talent.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19815 months ago

New type of the norm for this category but not new it was new cause it had 2 wives in the scenario it wasn't new cause it still had a cheating slut that tells me this writer like most are scared to write a loving wife story that is actually about a loving wife though if you compare the ratings between a story about a actual loving wife and a story about a cheating slut and a no man cuck bitch story you will see the ratings are better on the well written stories about a actual loving wife than the others that are written decent if its not its cause the story is riddled with errors that a 3rd grader wouldn't do

usaretusaret5 months ago

Lame transition from Ann’s problem and Sam’s temptation solution.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBay5 months ago

If Anna did not cheat, o think Sam would cheat after months of being groom

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"Will her new boss destroy their marriage?" - Only if she lets him.

\

"Their conversation buzzed through their lunch" - I'm glad you didn't try to go into gory details. which would have either bored us to death, had our resident "experts" picking it apart, or both.

\

"Like Landry always says." - I hope she didn't say that toJohn.

\

"Well, we kind of need you here too." - It's "funny," he's supposed to dance to her tune when SHE has work obligations, but gets pissy when she has to step up when he has his own,

\

"so the bank was very hesitant to let her go." - Landry was her superior, so she has a sexual harassment case even if they DON'T fire her,and it's bigger if they do. Teddy has no case whatsoever.

\

Nice twist with him NOT finding them i bed, though I think it would have happened eventually, though maybe I read too much LW!

\

@WandererSoul, I think the guest room WAS the office. She was sitting at her desk, her back to Landry who was on a sofa.

\

@Anonymous Re: John's non-reaction - Given that he saw nothing untoward, and that she had a good explanation for why she was home, he'd have to be unreasonably jealous to over-react.

\

@demander,I think Landry was well aware of the risk, that's why he resisted as long as he did, but despite what Sam/Anna thought, the availability of single women wasn't that great.

\

@Anonymous Re: Landry gets of easy - He lost his cushy job, and is unlikely to get a good reference. Meanwhile, he made no vows of fidelity, but Anna did.

\

@vickytvohio - How did John find "basically the same thing?" He found her with her boss in a spare bedroom/home office, that's nowhere NEAR finding them in bed fucking.

\

@Anonymous Re: Is the story complete? - Yes, it is, I see nothing hanging. She's simply realizing that they should me having sex more often, not letting their busy lives be an excuse to blow it off.

\

@KittyCampbell, hubby isn't clueless, because there's nothing to be clueless about. MAYBE if he didn't come home early they would have fucked, MAYBE they would have fucked some other time but there's no indication of that in the story.

\

@Lickideesplit, Teddy didn't split completely, he was still around to cause trouble.

\

@Anonymous Re: Anna's time - Good catches! I completely forgot about the stepmother to babysit and especially the gym, where Landry had just mentioned about scoping out the gym again.

\

@mfbridges, the main couple WERE part of the drama, i.e. will she or won't she.

\

I just noticed that I read this before, had forgotten. The curse of a Senior memory!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I found it interesting, and I think the misdirection was clever throughout.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA4 months ago

Great story and the twist was a good one. It seems that Anna was completely a in heat dope. When the writer mentioned a big man I assumed he was going to take a shot at Sam.... When Teddy found out about cheating Anna, I thought "big Man" crushed balls at least. Finally the story was consistent as Sam raved about her husband and was true to her vowels. Something that rarely happens in this site.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@sbrooks103x: Disagree that Sam would have eventually cheated. The author set this story up by construction with two different wives, but under similar circumstances. While John and Sam had marital challenges regarding careers and work and time apart, Sam did not have a cheating bone in her body. While Landry was an attractive guy, her focus was on the professional side and she really looked up to him as a good boss, which he was, except for the having sex with married woman kink. Anna was the one who was in heat for Landry. Of course Landry picked which of the two to pursue but he was skilled enough to realize that Sam could be unpredictable or much harder to bed. He scouted the situation and found Anna to be the easier prey. So no this author set this up as a case study of a true loving wife and a cheating wife. Sam's reaction after discovery of Anna's cheating is quite telling. But yeah agreed some of us (myself included) read too many LW stories and end up getting jaded, always waiting to read about that strange car in the driveway :)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love when cheaters say "it meant nothing." Oh is that so - then why do it? But we know the answer to that. It's always the same shit. Selfish, entitled, loved the thrill, made me feel young/attractive again, etc. Take your pick(s). Of course they never consider the consequences, but that's because by the point they're ready to actually cross the line, they've already deluded themselves into thinking they'll never get caught and they're ultimately hurting no one, so it's moot by then. A sad state to be in, truly.

RileyKingRileyKing3 months ago

5 stars. Original take on the work/boss affair. Glad Sam didn’t make the mistake Anna did but I wonder if she would have eventually since John was working remotely….?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sam wouldve cheated, she found Landry attractive and invited him into her home alone, it was only a matter of time. I have had many managers and bosses and not once have I invited them to my house, at most I would do would be invite them for dinner with my family but never alone with them that is very inappropriate. People that cheat are willing to destroy their partner and family that is not love, I have no sympathy for Anna and Landry they are d bags.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very clever twist built into an excellent story. One fell under his spell the other didn't even think about the boss in that way. There really wasn't any hint that Samantha would cheat. I'm sure Landry was keeping an open mind that it may be possible but he's that sort of man, an opportunist who felt he could bend/break rules if he deemed the risk worthwhile. I disagree with various comments saying Sam was going to cheat eventually I don't think she would and have a feeling that if a play was made at her she would push back quickly and aggressively. Anna was a fool. I really enjoyed this and feel its worth more than what I can rate. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

2 stars. After Anna Landry would have been fucking Sam!! John didn't even consider that Sam would do what Anna did!! Terry was more man than John for dealing with Anna. John would be a cuck and stay with a cheating skank wife.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I feel like John would have had questions, after seeing Landry is his home.

LadyLoreLadyLoreabout 2 months ago

So 1 gets caught the other doesn't either way none of the wives in this story actually loved or cared about their family exapecially their husband's the 1 was caught actually fucking her boss the other chose her job and boss over her family and allowed another man in her home that wasn't related while her husband was out of town she was probably fucking him as well and just didn't get caught if she wasn't by her own actions and words she was well on her way of doing so as the anon said before my comment the husband would have had questions on why he was there and 2 no bank or bank manager would allow the employees to call and Harras companies for their business it's not good work practice that would just cost them business and give them bad publicity

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

Sometimes the people who read these stories are delusional. They read into and see things in the story and make assumptions based on their own paranoia and biases. This story is obviously meant to make you THINK that Sam is going to be the cheater, but for the surprise twist of it being someone else. Sam was not sneaking around behind John with Landry nor was she going to in the future.

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 1 month ago

LOL. People just read the story and think, 'His universe, his rules.' Sam did not cheat and this story was a clear set up to lead you down one path and then end at an entirely different path.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

excellent point of view 5/5

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore198127 days ago

The boss didn't destroy both marriages just 1 but the other marriage would have ended as well for the simple fact that the wife kept putting her job before her family until she had no other choice not to no husband would have put up that

drbenchpress66drbenchpress6620 days ago

Haha I have conflicting opinions here. On one hand I think Sam was alright maybe worked too much yadayada but on the other hand I think she was destined to destroy her marriage as well. She was border lying delusional and it was interesting how she was so aghast about her friends affair haha. But shit man I also feel like I’m way off the mark and she was actually just a genuine golden retriever

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous