In the Deep Woods Pt. 01

Story Info
Dangers lie in the deep woods...
1.4k words
4.45
4.8k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rosemary was walking deep within the woods, cataloging tree species. She hated her job. She loved her job? Rosemary was forty. She'd signed up for this job in remote Wyoming after her husband's arrest in hot San Diego, California.

Wyoming, with its steep mountains and deep snows, was the anthesis of sunny San Diego.

Rosemary knew she'd never been this deep in the woods before. It was on the uncharted edge of the forest preserve. Rosemary could swear that they woods looked different everyday. It was like the trees walked around. Rosemary knew it was nonsense and her overactive imagination. She had a job cataloging trees. She could hardly tell the National Park Service about trees walking. They'd say she was insane and take this post away from her. After all she'd been through, after all she'd lost she needed this job. Rosemary sighed, dancing trees---it was time to stop imaging things. She had a job to do, whether she liked it or not---Rosemary walked on.

"That mortal was fairly close again, Alpha...a kilometre or two away. What should we do?" questioned Ian.

"Is she hurting anything polluting the environment, cutting down the ancient trees...killing any animals?" questioned Cian.

"Nah...she just makes her rounds and goes back to the ranger station...you know, the one built way back in World War Two...mortals wanted a station here in case war broke out. She's living out there like a pioneer...livin on the land. Reports to National Park headquarters monthly with her assignments, BUT otherwise, she's just there. What should we do about it?" Ian questioned again.

He'd finished gnawing on the buffalo wing and tossed it out the window...figuring the raccoons would eat it. He wiped his hands of the sauce on his shirt.

Cian rolled his eyes. He thought after all this time, his first lieutenant would have better manners. Was it too much to ask Ian for a little class? They were werewolves, but they still should have manners. Then there was the matter of the woman park ranger. She wasn't hurting anyone. She wasn't doing anything, but she was just there in the World War Two era Ranger Station a kilometre away.

Cian's pack had very good control, yet there was always the possibility that someone could get out of line around mortals. The pack lived deep in the enchanted woods away from civilization, so they rarely encountered mortals. Still, it was better to be safe than sorry. He would deal with it---like he dealt with everything and more.

"I'll take care of it," said Cian lackadaisically.

"Yes, Alpha," said Ian. He was used to taking orders. Cian was the Alpha but Ian everyone came to Ian when they wanted to talk. They were cautious of their Alpha. A stern wolf. He could have a hot temper.

Ian was a bit surprised. His Alpha was a leader who governed, NOT did things. Cian sent his lieutenants out in the world to do things. Cian handled administrative work, Yet Cian's leadership and mediation skills were sought by all werewolves in the Americas. Ian hoped his Alpha wouldn't hurt the woman. She was just being.

"Well...if that's all, then we'll talk later. Paperwork...you know how it is," said Cian as he yawned and stretched his arms.

"Best be getting home for supper; the wife is expecting me," said Ian as he exited the office.

Cian jealously watched as Ian left. He sighed. He was just so tired...Ian constantly complained about his true mate but didn't know how lucky he was. Friends in other packs had tried to set Cian up with their daughters or cousins. He did go on a few dates and occasionally those dates led to more. BUT Cian had never hit it off with anyone.

He'd never found his other half. The one his soul yearned for. His true mate.

Cian just wanted someone to come home to--someone to complain about his day. Cian had yet to find that woman. His pack thought he was a stern and serious leader. In reality, he was insecure and hid behind a stone facade. He just wanted someone to be with--someone to share his heart with. Cian just wanted his true mate.

It was late. Alone, Cian went back to his home, untied his tie and changed out of his suit. He then went to his workout room and punched the heavy bag to work off some of his frustration at life.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" Cian screamed and hit the bag so hard that it swung and reached the ceiling. "It's not fair!" Cian hit the bag again. He just wanted to have something that was his and his alone. Why did he have to be "on" and--- the Alpha all the time? Why couldn't he just be?

Cian realized it wasn't right to feel sorry for himself. He still had his health, his independence, his life...such as it was. It was selfish and self-centred to feel that way. Still, if he only had something for himself...after all these years, was it too much to hope?

"I will not feel sorry for myself!" Cian said and hit the bag. "I will not feel sorry for myself!" He hit the bag. "I" Hit! "Refuse" Hit! "To" Hit! "Feel" Hit! "Fucking" Hit! "Sorry..."

Cian collapsed to the floor. Tears started to stream from his eyes and mix with the sweat on his face. He couldn't help it. He had so much. He should be happy---he was an Alpha.

Yet, His pack regarded him as a stern Alpha. They thought he was as tough as nails, but Cian was a person too. He had emotions too. The pack might not think it, but Cian had love in his heart.

After a long time of feeling sorry for himself, Cian stood up. He had a day to finish. It was best to take care of this woman. The ancient wood had a magic and could protect itself. But, it was possible for a mortal to lose their way, walk far into the forest and die there. Cian knew she was a park ranger and could probably look after herself. But, the trees who walked around at night could confuse even him.

Still, Cian was an Alpha who looked after the entire woods and all the creatures in it. He might not like it, but that now included the mortal woman. Cian knew he best have a look. Cian decided to go as himself. Sure, Ian had told him the woman was no trouble, BUT what was she doing out here...all alone with no one to protect her. The last time women had ventured deep into the woods like this, they'd been protected by their men. So who was she?

Cian went knowing he had a duty to protect his pack. He had a duty to keep their home a secret. The woman might report wolves in the area. Then they'd have tourists or big game hunters. That was the last thing he needed. He walked towards the Ranger Station as a vagabond, a hermit. It took Cian about fifteen minutes to get there.

Wanting to get the job done and wanting to be home, Cian knocked on the door. Inside, Rosemary gave a start. It was late at night! Someone was out there! What to do? Yes, she had a small pistol in case a bear invaded or anything like that, but she didn't want to point a pistol at anyone. Rosemary didn't like guns. She didn't like violence. Here in the deep woods, she had peace and contentment. Another knock came.

Rosemary decided to answer the door. There was a handsome man there, a very handsome man. He looked like a disheveled hiker, and she'd heard tell of hermits who lived in the deep forest.

"Can I help you? I can take you to the road if you want, BUT from there, you'd have to walk or hitch into town. I'm out here on a six-month stint, and I don't have a car; a helicopter brought me here."

Part of Rosemary wondered why she was saying this. She was a woman all alone in the deep woods; this man could do all manner of things to her. Still, his face was kind, and after what her ex-husband had done to her, Rosemary knew she could survive nearly anything.

(I love to hear from my readers. Please rate and comment! Thank you!)