All Comments on 'In the Garden'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeabout 1 year ago

A highly appropriate and well written story for Easter. Blessings G

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

!We don't seem to learn from the lessons that history has provided us. Thanks for your story.

5

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 1 year ago

Adam, Eve, Caine and Able. The first disfunctional family.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Remember that The Lord loves us, and is with us in all that we do and especially in those times we suffer.

Praise The Lord.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

Wow. Pretty good! You telegraphed the surprise a little too early, but it didn't really detract from the story. Thank you and 5 stars for a well crafted work.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

That was a lovely surprise! So much said, so minimally and so eloquently stated. Beautiful. Thank you.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year agoAuthor

@inka2222 - You mean when they looked to the sky? Yeah, I debated that. I thought the story needed a gesture of longing and maybe I might get away with it.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 1 year ago

5* Nicely done story about a loving couple. BTW, I was never a fan of the biblical "fall of man" story, especially where they blame the woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I dont recall adam doing anything wrong? Eve ate the apple. What did adam do other than not ask god for a better mate?

Also as i recall they did have two sons who later had children. Since we came from those two a good incest story there waiting to be written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The Resurrection is synonymous with Easter. I do not know where the story of Adam and Eve falls on the biblical holiday calendar, but okay, whatever, this still wasn’t all that good. How could you not almost immediately know it was about Adam and Eve when the title is “In the Garden”??? What then reads is what probably could just be a 300 word paragraph being stretched out to a 1000 word story. Should I count how many times the issue of guilt is reiterated? And why is this story always framed on human guilt instead of the very obvious omnipotent flaw? We are on a sex site, think about that. I love fucking! I am biting that apple every Goddamn time if it means I get to enjoy tender lovemaking or raw fucking!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

A short and enjoyable 5* story. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice retelling of the Adam and Eve story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lol at "I don't recall...' comment by my fellow anonymous. You could actually go look. Adam ate the same fruit and essentially blamed God because God made Eve. Really not that outlandish of a little tale here.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

I didn't guess it was about Adam and Eve. Where did all those other people come from?

Good read tho'.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 1 year ago

It has been said, “We should write what we know about.” Of course we often must research topics we know little about before we include them in our story. Believe me, Just_Words, I’m a constant reader and usually an avid fan of yours, but in this one you tried a ‘Bridge too Far’ scenario.

It was obvious from the first you were spoofing the creation story and of course there were plenty of “modern thinkers” standing by to get in a cheap shot at their creator. (Yes, He is our creator, whether we believe or not. My favorite argument is, “Within a hundred years everybody who reads these stories will know whether or not they had the right opinion.”)

Now giving you the benefit of the doubt and accepting you are a believer and was just trying to explain how man multiplied and maybe answer the age old question, “Where did Cain’s wife come from?” you didn’t do a real good job, even though many who play for the ‘other team’ loved it.

Anyway, this is the first time, as best as I can remember, I’ve scored a story of yours less than a 4, and I think I’ve read them all. Thanks for the enjoyment you provided so far and I’m looking forward to your next one.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year agoAuthor

@thecarolinadreamer - I really wasn't trying to resolve any Biblical issues. I've never felt that the question "Where did Cain's wife come from?" was the point of Genesis. I was simply writing a piece of complete fiction that explored the lives of two people holding themselves together as they struggled to build a life after loss. Yes, there is a theme of shared responsibility that I like because some would argue that Eve carries all the blame when she does not. Then there is the theme that our lives here could be much better if we could learn to work together rather than attacking each other. This is not theology. It is just a piece of fiction that attempts to explore two people struggling together to build a life after loss.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Very, very entertaining.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean12 months ago

errr ok, where are these other neighbours coming from? Good read through and I cannot really expect you to explain the original fiction can I, lol.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS