In the House of Spite Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nah," Darren said as he casually peeled his shirt over his head and tossed it to the floor. "I just now decided to go to the gym. He kicked his shoes off in a very uncaring manner. All that was fine. Pearl would just pick up after him as normal, but she was highly concerned about his attitude.

"The gym's going to close in a little while," she said as she plucked up his shirt. "Are you just going to hang out there while it's empty?"

He was pulling his pants off. "Why the fuck not? I own the place." He started walking off. "I'm going to get some clothes and then I'll leave."

"What about dinner?" Still holding his shirt, Pearl followed him even as he went up the stairs.

"I'll get something in town."

When they were on the second floor, Pearl said, "Pa!" Then she put the big guns on her face. Big eyes and cute, pouting lips.

He stopped in his big tracks, gave a very tense exhale, and turned around, grimacing. "Yeah? What's up?"

Her free hand took a bit of her long skirt and, and she said in a sugary, childish voice, "You wanted me to wear the pretty yellow dressy, but you aren't even looking at me." She literally said dressy instead of dress. She even twisted herself a little, back and forth, to make the skirt flutter.

Darren didn't snarl at her, but he didn't turn snuggly either. He put a palm on her cheek and kissed her forehead. Then, as he ruffled her hair, he said, "You're the cutest little thing I've seen for days."

She smiled and leaned against him, her hands on his ribs and her cheek scraping against his body hair. "Really? I'm the cutest?"

"Of course, Baby. You're so cute I want to eat you up." He stepped away from her. "But I got to go. I'll be home late."

Pearl sighed and let her skirt fall.

She felt lonely in the house as the hours went on by. Not even the dogs could put her in a good mood, and they certainly tried. She cooked dinner regardless of the situation, planning on putting leftovers in the fridge. Fried chicken, green beans, and boiled potatoes. She was about to make a plate for herself when she had a sudden idea.

Darren had enjoyed a good few hours alone. He wouldn't mind if she surprised him with a visit and dinner. He might even like it. Then she'd leave him alone and let him work out whatever else could possibly be bugging him. With that plan in mind, she packed two servings of dinner in plastic containers and put the rest away. Then she got her keys.

The air was darkening by the time she'd arrived at the gym. The entrance was locked and it seemed dim inside. She texted Darren. "Surprise! I'm at the door with dinner for you!"

No response, at least not on the phone.

Some of the windows were lit up. Pearl saw Darren stalking around with a sour expression. His clothes were disheveled like he'd been naked for some reason and hurried to get dressed. Why was he so unhappy? Pearl looked down at the food containers in her arms as a slimy ball formed in her stomach. When the front door opened, and she could smell Darren's sweat, she heard him grumble, "I said I'd get something."

"I'm sorry." One of Pearl's shoes ground into the pavement. "I thought you'd like some home-cooked food instead."

"Why you got two plate's worth, huh?"

Her throat chilled. Her hands trembled and the plastic containers clattered. "I ... I thought ... I could eat with you?"

"Go home!"

Slam!

Mouth agape, Pearl stared at Darren through the glass. This was the rudest thing he'd done in a long time, and she couldn't even think of an excuse for it.

He walked on for maybe six feet. Then he halted, scratched his scalp, and spun back around. He still looked wound up, but he opened the door and said, "I'm sorry. I guess I'm just ill." He was looking away like he really was too ashamed to meet her eyes. "You're a sweet girl, coming over with food for me." His fingers looked almost wooden on the doorway. "If you still want to eat with an asshole like me, then come on in."

***

12