In the Shadow of the Great Totem

Story Info
Futa Direbird and Chimera clans battle for honor.
5k words
4.25
4k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sun thrust its way through the vanishing morning fog to scatter its light and heat around the carved beams of the Tranquil Place, the promise of another sweltering day. The sudden change broke the trance brought on by the constant, peaceful drip of the Contemplation Fountain. Dylen, roused from her mediations, stretched her nude body, rising lithely from her cross-legged position to face the stern gaze of Synda.

"Now what?" Dylen's voice and expression were petulant, perfectly matched to her youth and vacuous mind--in Synda's opinion. "I've done my meditations, like you said. I didn't go out whoring, like you said. What?"

The older woman, dressed in a loose, knee-length robe of pale yellow, held out the remains of a blue linen tunic, worn by the Maidens of Repose who tended the Temple and its grounds, including the Contemplation Fountain. "No, you didn't go out last night. You brought someone in. And you were at your mediation only as long as it took you to realize I was on my way and get to this place ahead of me. About half a glass. That's what."

"Not true," Dylen protested. "I was up before the sun."

"Your cock was up before the sun, shoved into a Maiden's cunt and mouth. You, personally, have been up, meditating, if you can call it that, for less time than it took me to find out what you've been up to. As I said, about half a glass." The older woman pointed to the sands trickling through an ornate wood and crystal timekeeper. Synda's face was dark, much darker than the rest of her ebon skin, which Dylen found oddly arousing.

"Have you no concept of the importance of today? Of the need to be of the correct mind? To say nothing of what you've done to the Maiden. She can't stay here any more. There is a specific meaning to the word Maiden you know."

"But she wasn't a virgin. There wasn't any blood and she knew far too much about..." Dylen stopped just after realizing how much she'd confessed.

"What she was before she came to the Temple is entirely different from what she is when she serves the Goddess. And now, as she's had carnal relations with... you," Synda's voice went up in pitch and volume, "she can no longer be a Maiden. What will she tell her family? "

She'll tell them how fucking amazing I am, thought Dylen. Maybe I can see her again after the contest. To Synda, she said, "We don't have to tell anyone, do we? It's not like they'll notice."

"The Goddess will notice." The older woman's voice rose again before she stopped, realizing where she was. She took a deep breath and continued in a much lower tone, but with increased menace. "Such things are not invisible to She Who Rules. Did you not think of that? What of our coming contest? How are you now prepared to defend the honor of Chimera, with your debauchery and insolence to the Goddess?"

"I am more than prepared." replied Dylen with considerable heat. "I've done everything you and the teachers asked of me and more for the past two years. I sacrificed my life, my sanity, ever since I was selected over all the other warriors. Over all the others. You think because I'm not an old hag like you--you're at least thirty--that I have no skill or that I can't hold my own in ritual combat. Well, I can."

She moved quickly, very quickly, Synda decided with an approval she didn't show, pinning the older woman against a carved pillar, pressing her barely lighter flesh against the ebon Synda, gripping the woman's throat tightly. She pushed aside the robe, lifting Synda's leg to expose the full lips of her pussy beneath the puckered ball sac and the large, semi-erect cock. Her own cock, fully erect, slid dexterously into the moist folds of Synda's cunt, the older woman's raised leg resting on Dylen's out thrust knee.

Gotcha, bitch. Dylen grinned as she worked her cock in and around the damp flesh, still pinning Synda to the wall with her strong hand. Bet you didn't expect me to be that fast, did you? How's it feel to be the one getting fucked this time?

She leered at the woman held captive before her, who waved her hands futilely until, with a suddenness that astounded Dylen, she brought those waving hands up between the two of them, gripped the young woman's nipples in strong, supple fingers and twisted hard.

Dylen pulled away, gasping, her cock sliding from Synda's pussy with barely a drop of cum glistening at the tip. Still holding one nipple tightly, the older woman cupped the younger woman's balls with the other hand. She squeezed just enough to bring a wince of pain to Dylen's face. Then she let go, pushing the younger woman roughly away.

"You are fast, no doubt, but you lack experience and patience, things I have in abundance. Only the Goddess knows why I am burdened with such a one as you when the honor of the Clan is at stake." Synda took a twin to her own robe from a peg on the wall, tossing it to Dylen. "Dress. We have much to do. It appears I will be doing most of it."

The women walked single file along a winding path among the enormous trees that led away from the Tranquil Place, across bridges over placid pools, among small statues of spirits and the occasional demon that reminded all of the duty to be righteous. Dylen frowned as she crossed a small bridge where a carved demon appeared to stare reproachfully at her as she passed. She stuck her tongue out at the creature, sucking it in quickly when Synda turned around to see why she dawdled.

------

The cool of the forest path evaporated as they stepped into the close heat of the Gathering, a huge circular expanse of trodden earth full with the crowd of women who represented the Eight Clans, here for the ritual Battle. Teams of runners waited at the edge of the Gathering to take news of the fight to the rest of the clans camped in the fields around the Temple of the Goddess, which lay at the foot of the Dreaming One who smoldered and smoked in her mountain lair. This day her slumber was restless. Dylen thought it a bad sign.

A circular mat, three times the length of a tall woman, stretched across the center of the Gathering, surrounded by posts with ropes between them to mark the site of the Battle. To one side, nearest the flanks of the mountain, under a vast canopy, were the Clan chiefs. Three sat on each side of the two women who ruled Chimera and Direbird, the First Clans. Behind them, brought reverently across the vast southern plains by the women of Direbird, rose the Great Totem. At its top, in shades of green, was the Direbird, the razor-beaked flightless predator of the southern plains. Below it the Chimera, hues of yellow teeth and tail, the half-seen creature haunting the dark jungle shadows. Below it were ranked the totems of the remaining six clans, all unpainted: Bull, Direwolf, and Leviathan for Direbird; Serpent, Ourang, and Pantaguar for Chimera.

Dylen and Synda stepped between the ropes onto the mat at the same time as two women dressed in green robes stepped in from the opposite side. The fighters for Direbird. The High Priestess stood on the platform between the Great Clan chiefs. She raised her bracelet-laden arms. Quiet descended.

"Since everlasting and while the Dreaming One sleeps, we have maintained the peace of the land and The People have prospered," she intoned. Murmurs of approval rose in the crowd. "The Battle, engaged every two years between the First Clans, once again decides the holder of the Great Totem. For the past three Gatherings, Direbird has the honor of keeping the symbol of our peace. Its effigy remains atop the pillar of our union. Today, in the sight of the Goddess and the Dreaming One, we hold symbolic combat to determine who is blessed by the Great Totem for the next cycle. Warriors of Direbird and Chimera, approach."

Dylen and Synda walked to stand before the Priestess; the women in green did the same. They were of the same height and muscular build as the dark women. Their olive toned skin, dark red hair, and green eyes contrasted with the dark skin, braided black locks, and grey eyes of the Chimera fighters. All four bowed, looking only at the Priestess.

"Here now are the warriors. Ngboken and Tuwarnis for Direbird. Synda and Dylen for Chimera. Over this day, one clan will be victorious. To them go the honor of the Great Totem for the next cycle. Warriors, are you ready?"

The four women nodded as one. "Return to your places and await the contest," the Priestess said.

Dylen and Synda retraced their steps to the place where they had entered the circle and removed their robes. Tuwarnis and Ngboken did the same.

Synda, still looking ahead, as was required, said quietly, "Bring your training to the fore, put all other thoughts aside. Take the one to your left, with the scar on her cheek; she is the less experienced. I will worry over Ngboken. Concentrate on your opponent, look nowhere else, no matter what you may hear or glimpse. Be patient, we will be at this for the entire day. It is not important to win the morning or even the afternoon; it is important to win the Battle; to be standing as the sun sets while they are not. Fight when the Priestess steps out of the circle."

Dylen nodded, suddenly aware of the vast expectations of her Clan now pressed in on her like the heat of the day. As she walked to the center of the mat, she began to doubt. The one she was to fight, Tuwarnis, looked to be a perfect match for her. Her breasts were of medium size, with large areolae and long stiff nipples. Her cock, partially tumescent, had an exposed tip, the same as hers, nicely veined. The balls weren't as big, but still made an enticing package. Her own cock rose at the sight. Tuwarnis grinned as her own cock rose to fully erect. Ngboken, on the other hand, looked to be more than a match for Synda's hefty cock and balls. Her body was sculpted as if from stone, small breasts with the same large areolae and long nipples as Tuwarnis, but with an enormous cock and swinging balls. Dylen was suddenly grateful that Synda chose her opponent for her. You won't hear the end of this, said a small voice within.

The Priestess met the women in the center of the circle. She sprinkled ash from the Dreaming One over them. Abruptly she turned and left; she was out of the circle quickly. Dylen only just ducked the swift blow from Tuwarnis that grazed her cheek. She responded with two rapid punches to her opponent's stomach, connecting solidly, but leaving herself open to a fist to the side of the head; she staggered back. Tuwarnis took the advantage, tossing Dylen over her hip to the mat, straddling the groggy woman, raining blows on her face.

This isn't going well, is it? said the remarkably calm voice within her. Maybe you should try using your head.

Ignoring the blows pummeling her face and the large cock thrust between her breasts, Dylen put both fists solidly into Tuwarnis kidneys. When the olive-skinned woman rocked back in shock and pain, Dylen grabbed her around the neck and brought her forehead into her opponent's nose. Tuwarnis collapsed to the side. Dylen was on her feet instantly, kicking the prone woman in the breasts and ribs.

The advantage lasted only moments until Tuwarnis rolled to her knees, away from the kicks. She put a fist into Dylen's balls, followed quickly by another punch to the erect cock. Dylen sank to the mat, where the two women traded punches to the face and breasts for several minutes, taking their time to avoid exhaustion. Behind her, Dylen heard the sound of the fight between Synda and Ngboken, an erratic series of short, sharp blows, accompanied by the labored breathing of the fighters. Cheers and groans rose from the crowd as a fighter landed a good blow or took a vicious punch. Dylen ignored the sounds. She concentrated on getting past Tuwarnis's fists while keeping her own guard up.

She's got more stamina than you, said her inner voice, still irritatingly calm. You can't match her blow for blow; you'll be out on the mat soon. Do something unexpected. That's why you were chosen, not because you're a muscle-bound amazon but because you're unpredictable. Change the game. The fight goes to the smart, not the strong.

Smart? How do I change... ahhh. Dylen wrapped Tuwarnis in a bear hug and rolled them both to the mat, herself on top, smothering the other woman with her breasts. She'd noticed her opponent's cock had stiffened even more as they fought and hoped... yes... she'd taken the bait, so to speak. Tuwarnis's cock poked at the damp lips of her pussy; she opened her legs just the slightest to let the cock slide all the way in. Both women gasped at the sensual friction. Dylen continued the pressure of her breasts on the other woman's nose and mouth, while savoring the exquisite feel of a hard cock sliding through her wet pussy.

The crowd roared at the first penetration of the day. Dylen remotely heard someone say it was early for such a move, what were they thinking. She clamped her pussy muscles around the rigid shaft, going through her vaginal exercises, the ones Synda disapproved of so much, but which she was so good at; none of her morning companions the past two years had complained. Tuwarnis gasped again as she realized her mistake. She tried to pull out but Dylen held her fast. The two women fucked as they rolled across the mat, the Direbird fighter trying to get loose, the Chimera fighter holding tight.

Dylen's own cock was hard, straining as it lay trapped between their rock hard abs. If she didn't do something soon, she'd be the one to come. Tuwarnis hit her opponent in the side, followed by another fist to the jaw, finally able to pull her cock from Dylen's pussy. Both women rose to their feet and faced each other, sweat beading their skin, cum coating their cocks. Tuwarnis grinned as they circled. Dylen returned the grin as they settled into the same kind of fight Synda and Ngboken had been having for some time. Short, hard punches to muscled stomachs, breasts, and faces; quick combinations of jabs and uppercuts that left both women bruised and bleeding. As she moved away from a particularly furious assault, Dylen backed into someone. Reflexively she put an elbow into the woman's side and heard a sharp gasp of pain. Synda's gasp. Oops. Fortunately, no one seemed to have noticed, especially Synda.

She rushed Tuwarnis, who wasn't expecting the move and had the Direbird woman turned around, face against one of posts before she knew she'd actually done it. Dylen took advantage of her good luck to put a knee in her opponent's crotch. There was a loud groan, then a low cheer from the women in the crowd closest to them. That seemed good, so she did it again. This time the groan was louder, the cheer more subdued. Trying for a third blow, she let go of Tuwarnis, who kicked a leg back and put a heel directly into her balls. No cheers this time, just a collective intake of breath from the crowd.

See, that didn't work out so well, did it? Pay attention, said the inner voice.

Fuck you. You're not helping, she answered, before realizing she was arguing with herself.

The olive-skinned woman turned around and flung herself at her ebon-skinned opponent. Wrapped tightly together, they brought a knee into each other's balls and pussy at the same time. There was no sound from the astonished crowd, but two women fainted.

See? said the voice. Pay attention.

Reeling from the blow, Dylen was unable to stop Tuwarnis throwing her to the mat with a deft hip throw, straddling the ebon-skinned woman once more. This time the Direbird fighter slid further down to engulf Dylen's cock in her pussy. But Tuwarnis's pussy wasn't as well trained as Dylen's. So, as the two women rolled along the mat, Dylen stroked in and out of her opponent's pussy with practiced ease. Tuwarnis couldn't control the fucking, as her opponent had earlier. She was going to come before the Chimera warrior. Dylen put a hand to Tuwarnis' throat, who returned the favor by sticking most of one hand into Dylen's mouth. With their free hands they punched each other almost languidly as they rolled and fucked. Eventually, Dylen lay on top of Tuwarnis, enjoying her cock inside the other woman's randomly spasming pussy, but not the hand in her mouth nor the fist that punched her breast. Tuwarnis pulled her close and bit her ear lobe, not hard, but enough to get Dylen's attention. It was also a way for the olive-skinned fighter to distract herself from an impending orgasm.

"You're better than I was told," she said softly as she worried the ear lobe, removing her hand from Dylen's mouth. "I will eventually beat you, just so you know, but I'd like to do it slowly. We can make this last all day. I'd like that. You?"

Dylen eased her hand from Tuwarnis's throat to nibble at the dark neck where it met the shoulder. Oh, yes. Actual fucking. chortled the voice.

She said aloud, in an equally soft voice, "And you're at least as good as I was told. You may think you'll beat me, but I may have to something say about it. So, yes, I'd like to make it last all day. What do you have in mind?"

"We need to pace ourselves. Not so much that it's noticeable. Try to follow their lead." Tuwarnis turned Dylen's head to see Ngboken and Synda wrapped in a tight sweat- and blood-spattered ball. Synda's cock was buried deep in Ngboken's pussy and her own cunt was slick wet, showing that the Direbird fighter's cock had been in the same position earlier. "See, they've slowed down. Let's do the same. I want to punch and fuck you all day, not just in the morning."

As an answer, Dylen licked the other woman's neck, then put a fist into her ribs, not hard, but enough to cause a grunt and a wince. Tuwarnis came suddenly, nearly passing out, saved only by the deep sound of a bell.

------

The four women broke apart, returning to the place they'd entered the circle, where small chairs now sat, and two Maidens waited. It was the mid-day rest. To Dylen, it seemed no time had passed, especially an entire morning. There'd be no other break until sunset, when one clan stood over the other. A very civilized way to fight, she thought, collapsing heavily into her chair.

One of the Maidens handed her a wooden bowl of water, some bread, and a towel. Both Maidens had their ears stopped with wax and their mouths covered with a heavy cloth. They could neither hear what the fighters said nor tell them anything they might have heard. Synda sat erect in her chair, but then slumped forward after she'd drunk her water. She turned a battered face to Dylen.

"You look like I feel," she said thickly through bruised lips. "Are you holding up? I don't know how you've done it."

"Not too bad. You were right." (This last came out as, 'Yuu'ere'igh.' Dylen was also having trouble getting her lips to move properly.) "She's tough, more so than I thought."

The younger woman continued, "Oh, my stamina? That's what you meant. Mangora and ironwort, in every meal for two years. Yours, too." Dylen grinned evilly. "You can thank me later."

Synda's mouth dropped open, her eyes widened. "Those herbs are dangerous, you fool. We might have died."

"But we didn't. Now, we're not beaten, well, not too much..." Dylen shrugged slightly, plainly indicating that she didn't understand her partner's point.

"Never mind. But we will have words after this. You," Synda said through gritted teeth, "are reckless and undisciplined. You've put your bravado before the honor of the clan."

Dylen shrank back, not enough that anyone but Synda would notice. Still, she was taken aback by the anger in the older woman's voice.

"A lot like me, when I was younger. You've got spit. There might be promise in you yet, sprat. In five or ten years." A slight smile crossed Synda's face, replaced immediately by stern disapproval, too late for the younger woman not to have noticed.

12