In the Vineyard Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Miles stared back, but he had no quick response.

"Oh Miles, I am so afraid. You're leaving behind the love we found, and when you're gone you'll forget about me. We had plans, Miles, future plans. Miles, I don't even have a job! My severance runs out in November. I have no money. You were my solution. I thought we'd be together, together forever." Ana started crying.

"Ana, be realistic. Think about it. This is Monday morning. We've only been an involved couple since Friday night. I may have said that I love you, but I haven't promised you anything. I'm not going to forget about you, not in two weeks. But Ana, I don't know the future either. Yes, I am going to see my wife. I have no idea what will happen then. It's a fact that I once loved her, I loved Em with all my heart. And I have been in denial of that emotion since we split up. People say that true love will stand the test of time, even separation. Ana, if our love is true, it will survive this challenge. All we can do is wait and see."

"Wait and see? That's bullshit, Miles! You'll be in Italy, with your beautiful wife, touring wineries and having the time of your life. Yeah. I'm supposed to wait, while you see."

"I am sorry Ana, I didn't plan on hurting you. But I signed the agreement. I can't go back to Creek Valley, I can't make wine there ever again. What would I do if I stayed here? I don't even have a place to live. No, Ana, I won't blow this opportunity. No way. I'll be gone in a few hours, and that's the way it is. And"...Miles looked directly into Ana's eyes, "I am not asking you to 'wait' for me. You can do as you please. I've left your condo key at your place. This will be a clean break. When I return, I'll try to get together with you, if that's in the stars for us. If not, live with it. But Ana, it was a mistake for you to depend on me, emotionally or financially. I could never support you, you should know that. My advice, my best advice, is that you stop the charade and find a job."

Ana looked away from Miles, she had heard enough. What an ass hole, she thought. All the accusations, all the lies Miles told her, they began to sink in. He is truly disgusting, Ana said to herself, why did I lower myself so? Only a week before she had laughed at Greg Romano's marriage proposal. What had she become in that week? Then Ana remembered last night, when Miles sexually abused her. She told Miles that she was his 'slut'. It was true. She'd fallen to that level. Control yourself, Ana thought, it's over. Be glad it's over.

She had already taken Miles' blue dog collar off, she had placed it in the pocket of her work coat. It itched, Ana couldn't pick with it on. She pulled it from her pocket and tossed it at Miles' feet. Looking hard at Miles, she spoke.

"I am going back to the winery. Jimmy has promised us - Uncle Chester and me - 80 pounds of Nebbiolo, if we run the crusher-destemmer. Looks like I'll be learning wine making from him."

"Goodbye Miles. Travel well. Arividerche."

Ana got into her car, backed out, and drove away. Once out of sight, Ana pulled her car over and she broke down sobbing. She pounded her fists on the dashboard. She wept. How could I have been so stupid, Ana thought. Why didn't I listen to the warnings? What possessed me to ignore the signs, to ignore Miles' obvious lies?

Miles got back in the wagon with Jack. He didn't care about the dog collar, he left it in the parking lot. There was no future with that bitch, anyway, Miles thought. They had nothing in common, other than sex. Ana was another lust driven quickie relationship. Another fire that burned hot, so hot, and burned out so soon.

"Where to now, Jack?"

"Take a right turn up here. We're picking up Tessa. She's agreed to drive you to the Cincinnati airport. Everyone else is tied up at the winery. You can drop me at my apartment on the way to the interstate, I don't feel healthy enough for the trip. Tessa claims she knows her way to Covington, and that she's been there several times before on trips to see her mother. She can drive Jimmy's wagon back here, after she helps check you into the international flight section. Anymore, only those flying overseas are allowed in that section of the airport. And worse, you have to be there two hours early, and the bar Chardonnay is shit."

Ana composed herself as she drove back to the winery. It was a hard emotional fall from the ecstasy she had been feeling the past three days. She parked her car and tried to act as if nothing had happened. Turning the make up mirror on the visor open, Ana made sure that there were no signs of tears. Then she noticed a limousine parked in front of the winery's main door. What's that all about, Ana thought.

When Ana rounded the corner to where Jimmy had prepared lunch, the pickers had gathered together. All the winery staff, even though it was a Monday, were gathered there too. Todd was addressing the crowd, as if he was making a speech. A dressed up group of people were standing with Todd, most of whom she didn't recognize. But one she did recognize - though he didn't notice her slip into the back of the crowd - it was Greg Romano.

"Friends," Todd said to the group, "I am announcing today that the winery has new ownership. My father has retired, and a new corporation has purchased the winery. And friends, there will be major changes in the operation of this enterprise."

"From now on," Todd went on, " pickers will be paid for their efforts. We no longer will be trading juice and grapes for picking here. We will pay minimum wage, for a four hour day, from 8:00 till 12:00. Permanent winery staff will do the crushing and pressing of the grapes, starting today."

The older pickers looked at Todd with anger and disgust. No one liked him anyway, what was he trying to pull? Some had picked there for years, picking the same vines year after year, and some had pruned the vines in the spring for nothing. And most had made their own wine from their pickings. What were they to do now? Buy grapes?

"Where's Miles?" Jimmy shouted out.

"Miles has left us," Todd responded. "He has accepted a buy out and is off to join his wife in Italy".

"No way", said Jimmy, "Miles wouldn't do that."

"Jack, my father, is with Miles now. Miles is on his way to the Cincinnati airport as we speak. Miles is gone."

"Friends, I know these changes are hard to accept. But those of us who know business also know that this winery must be run as a business, not as an ongoing party. Remember Wilbur? He was picking here three years ago, got drunk at lunch, and caused a fatal accident while driving home. We will not run that risk anymore."

Uncle Chester spoke up. " I don't give a hoot about new ownership or corporate policies. When I walked into the vines this morning, I expected grapes for my work. Each one of us did. That's been the 'consideration', up to this moment, and we've already performed. We'll take our grapes. And if you won't allow that, well...Romano there knows that this winery has been violating every labor law in existence, and most of the liquor control laws too."

"Right!" shouted Tom, a retired dentist, "I'll drink to that!". Tom then raised a glass of his homemade blueberry wine, which, by law, was not allowed on the winery premises.

"Ok, folks, ok. You can have your grapes for today. As you say, Chester, when you picked, you expected grapes, and I agree with that. It's fair. So let's show some good faith to the new owners. We don't want to scare them away."

" We have plans. I'll be around, myself," Todd went on, "and Brandon will become the director for steak dinners and entertainment. Dave Ricksteiner will be interim winemaker - you guys know Dave - and you might know that he has always paid his pickers. Now, the overall operations manager of this winery, and let me introduce her to you," Todd pretended a little drum roll on the table, "is Mary Von Millhon. Mary is the new CEO of the company, she will be in charge."

Ana looked across at a tall statuesque blond. She was wearing a dark formal dress, and was standing next to her ex husband Greg. She looks like a young Candace Bergman, Ana thought. Dark dress, plain white pearls, dark heals, expensive hose. Greg actually had his arm around her waste, and moved her forward to say a few words.

"Staff...volunteers... you have given so much to this winery and I won't let you down. I thank you for being here today and for all your help over the years. Of course you can have your grapes for today, and if you continue to help pick we can finish out this harvest on the same basis if you like." She went on as Ana watched.

"I realize that you people don't know me. You probably all think that my father Dr. Von Millhon bought this place for me. Well," she said with a smile, "is that so bad? I have a degree in agronomy and plant science from Ohio State. I've worked two seasons at Valhalla Vineyards in Virginia, and I am getting my masters online from Davis, with a focus on viticultural diseases. Operating this winery will be a learning process, I know. So, let's start my learning process with a sip of that blueberry wine, ok Tom!"

With that said, the new owner turned to Greg and put a big kiss on his lips. They hugged like it was their wedding day. Then they walked among the pickers, shaking hands, making introductions and tasting the different homemade wines that had been brought to the lunch table.

Ana slipped back around the corner, avoiding Greg. How long had this been going on, she wondered? Was this woman the 'whole package' that Greg had spoken about? And what would her mother think, if Greg married this woman, and they raised a family.

Miles and Jack continued on to where Tessa lived with her in laws. "Call Tessa on your cell phone, Miles. Her number should show as a received call. Get some directions to her place."

That was an easy thing for Miles to do. Within a few seconds, he had Tessa on the phone.

"Before Mount Union...the first right...white house on the corner...new red Ford truck outside...we'll be there in a minute."

And they were. When Miles and Jack pulled up, Tessa was at the door dressed in a house robe with worn slippers. She walked up to Jimmy's wagon and said hello.

"Where's your baby?" Miles asked.

"She's taken care of Davie. She's old enough to sleep through the night, nearly nine months. My in laws will watch her today. But this...is this a station wagon? Hey, it would make a lot more sense if we drove to Cincy in my husband's pick up. It has air, CD, it's plush, and it will do a lot better on gasoline than this old rig. I don't want to be stranded out there."

"Makes sense to me", Jack interjected. "I can drive Jimmy's wagon back to the winery all right. Someone, maybe one of my sons, can take me home."

"Davie, toss your things into the bed while I change, " Tessa added. "I'll be just a minute or two."

Miles looked over at the man who had given him so much. "Jack...I, I don't want this to be the last time I see you. No matter what I find in Italy, no matter how good things are, I'll be coming back in a couple of weeks. Before I make any decisions, I'll be back to see you, and to see my mother. You have my word on it - just don't die on me, ok?"

"Your mother has already warned me not to die, so if she's in control of my future, I'll be here. Now get going, you've got a plane to catch, and a three hour dive to get there."

Miles stepped out of the wagon, leaving the keys in the ignition. As the safety alarm beeped, he removed his bags from the wagon and put them in the pick up bed. The he helped Jack get out and walk around to the driver's side. He helped him in, and with the door still open he offered him his hand. Jack reached past his hand and pulled him close. They embraced each other.

"It will be only up from here", Jack said.

"Thank you, Jack. I owe you my life." Miles shut the door, stepped back and watched as Jack turned the engine on the old wagon. He backed out, waived, and drove away.

" Ready to go, Davie?" Miles turned to see Tessa strolling out to the truck. "Things in the back? All aboard!"

Tessa had changed, that was certain. She had on a short blue mini, heels, and a white silk blouse covered by a blue jacket. Miles stared as they each got in the truck. Tessa had become a beautiful woman. She responded to his stares.

"Listen Davie, I don't get out much. And airports can be fun. You know that I like to look my best. I think my body's better after the baby..."

"Just drive, Tessa. Or do you want me to? You will have to make the return trip alone."

"All right, but we can't switch yet. I told my husband that I would do the driving. We can switch down at the corner." Miles watched Tessa as she backed the truck out, he watched her work the stick shift, pumping the clutch and throwing the lever. They reached the corner and Tessa put the truck in neutral, then slid across, as Miles walked around and took the driver's seat. Cincinnati was a ways off, but the interstate was fast and flat. In no time Miles and Tessa were cruising at the speed limit. An hour passed and they hadn't as much as said another word.

Then Tessa slid herself back so that she was sitting next to Miles. "Do you like me next to you?" she said.

"Sure, why not."

"Well, Davie, if I'm next to you I can.." Tessa put her left arm around Miles' back, leaned over, and pressed her breasts against his right arm.

"Still the tease, Tessa. If you want to tease me, great. But I do need to control this vehicle."

"That sounds like fun. I'll stay just shy of your point of out of control." Tessa then slid back, and rested her shoulders against the passenger door. She pulled her legs up onto the middle of the seat. Next she lifted her knees up and spread her legs open.

"Is this too much teasing," Tessa whispered, "for you to keep your eyes on the road"?

Miles took a glance across the cab. Tessa's mini had ridden up, all the way up, her legs were open and she had no panties on. And she was completely shaved.

"That's right, Davie. They shaved me when I gave birth, and I came to like it. I am a lot more sensitive...without the hair...in the way. Do you like it?"

"Yes, very much. Stay back like that, relax, and let me look at you and let me drive. We can reach a happy medium, ok? We still have a half hour to Cincy, and you'll need to direct me to the Covington airport."

"Not teasing you enough, Davie? I can keep trying, can't I?". Tessa removed her jacket and placed it on the dashboard. Next came her silk blouse, and her blue bra. Then she put her jacket back on, leaving the front open, exposing her boobs to Miles. She pulled her knees back up, so that to other drivers, they saw nothing, but to Miles, he saw everything.

"Thanks, Tessa. Thanks for the ...display. You are beautiful. I can drive this way as long as you can sit that way. Better than the billboards."

Miles noticed that they were passing King's Island. He knew that Cincinnati was close, and that the traffic would be heavy. Tessa was really something, Miles thought. What a great body. There are a lot of motels near the highway, motel parking lots that will be empty on a Monday afternoon. Miles let his mind wonder. He cast another glance at Tessa, who was spread wide and smiling.

"Slide back over here, Tessa."

"Whee. Sure Davie. What do you have in mind?"

"I could keep my eyes on the road" Miles said, "while you rub me a little bit."

Tessa reached her right hand down and began to unfasten Miles' jeans. She got on the floor of the pick up and, as Miles lifted his fanny, she tugged his jeans and underwear down enough to expose him. Within an instant Tessa had Miles in her mouth, bobbing up and down in the front seat of her own husband's pick up truck.

"That's great, Tessa. Oh, Tess. I have missed your mouth on me, and your mother's mouth too. Maybe I'll have her suck me first thing after I arrive in Venice".

Tessa looked up at Miles. "Get off the damn road, Davie. I want you inside of me, and not just in my mouth. You were my first lover. A woman always either loves, or hates, her first lover. And I don't hate you, not today at least."

Miles took the next exit and saw a deserted Red Roof Inn. He drove the truck around the back, and stopped where they were out of sight of the highway and of the motel's office.

"Let's try this. Stretch out and lay on your back, Davie."

Miles swung his legs past Tessa and across the bench seat of the truck. The cab was almost wide enough to be comfortable.

"Slide down further, and put your knees up. Get in the middle, past the steering wheel."

Tessa climbed over Miles, past his shoulders, and positioned herself just over Miles' face. She leaned back and dropped her shaved vagina onto Miles' mouth.

"Your turn, Davie. I've missed your mouth too. That's it. Do a good job cleaning me up. Oh it feels so good!"

Tessa then backed down, and Miles slid up. She got one leg beside him, and lowered herself onto his swollen penis. Tessa slipped him in easily, and began rolling and rocking her hips as Miles moaned in satisfaction. She leaned down and kissed him, and as their tongues engaged, she softly placed her hand over Miles' shirt pocket. Miles eyes were closed as Tessa sucked his tongue and pumped him from above. With the skill of a trained pick pocket, Tessa took control over Miles' check. He didn't notice at all. With their tongues still dancing, Tessa slipped the check into a secret slash on the inside of her miniskirt.

"Oh you feel so good inside me Davie! So big, and so good. But we have to stop, and stop now, you have a plane to catch. Come on, get back on the highway. Don't worry, I'll suck you as you drive, at least until you climax."

Miles swung back into the driver's position, and Tessa, true to her word, took his penis back into her mouth. They crossed Cincinnati that way - with an occasional semi honking its horn - and with Tessa mumbling directions to follow the airport signs. When the sounds of the aircraft taking off grew loud and close, Tessa tickled Miles testicles, and he climaxed in her mouth. She swallowed, and she helped him get his pants back up. Tessa got up, buttoned her jacket, pulled her skirt down and sat in the seat as they entered the airport grounds.

"Take the direction to international flights. Go right. No, left. Damn it, Davie, listen to me. You only have a few minutes to make the two hour check in cut off time. Pull up to the Delta sign there on the right. Stop the truck."

Tessa jumped out of the truck and grabbed Miles' baggage. "Here", she said. "Leave the keys in."

Miles took his bags from her. "Are you coming in?"

"No, this is a tow away, you don't have time. Better run, Davie, you don't want to get bumped!"

Miles leaned forward and kissed Tessa, briefly.

"Thanks for the...a... ride", Miles said with a grin. It was good to be with you again. I'll let your mother know that you've helped me."

"Goodbye, Davie. Give my mom all my love, and give her all yours too. See you soon! Miles turned and walked into the airport.

With tires screeching Tessa pulled away from the drop off ramp. Davie was actually still pretty good, Tessa thought. What she said about loving him, or hating him, was true. Sometimes she felt each emotion about Davie. Lifting the check was easy, once she got control over him. He couldn't resist her, he never could. She knew that her job would be complete when she returned the check to Jack. Davie wasn't going to get a reward, not from Jack, for stealing.

"Ana, wait." It was Greg's voice and he was calling out to her. "I didn't know you were here, didn't see your car. But Chester saw you. Please, come here, let me introduce you to my friend."

"Mary, this is my former spouse, Ana Palmer. Ana, this is Mary Von Millhon, who, as you must have heard, is the new owner of the corporation that will run this winery."