In Your Honor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lazah
Lazah
4 Followers

With Mahaud placing the pistol on the stand, the woman picked it up and began reloading it for a later round. "So, is this lucky lad going to receive a present?" she asked, depositing the gun back onto its stand.

Mahaud looked down at June, "Well, do you see anything you like?"

June gave it a few seconds of contemplation before pointing at one of the pieces in the shape of the sun. "That copper sun there, that one looks lovely!"

Lifting it up and off its hook on the wall, the woman placed it down on the counter. "Want a bag for it?"

Having already gotten a bag for the mask he bought earlier, he picked up the copper sun and placed it within. "No, thank you!"

The couple walked away from the stand, but it wasn't very long before Mahaud steered towards another one nearby. It was a classic test of strength, where one would try to swing a hammer as hard as one could at the base of a contraption that would measure the power behind the hit by sending a small bar of iron up towards a bell. The one rule is that the contestant had to wear a pair of magic inhibiting gloves; it wouldn't block the physical augments Mahaud had, as they were common enough and were seen as a fair way of attaining physical prowess, but the gloves were more meant to prevent magics that could cause the hammer itself to be unreasonably easy to use.

After a short wait in line, Mahaud slapped the entry money in the palm of the burly gentleman running the stand. Mahaud slipped on the gloves as the man picked up the hammer to hand off to her. Securing the large hammer in hand, Mahaud got herself pumped up, and the man stood back and cheered "Remember to put your whole body into it!"

June also cheered, "You can do it, sweetie bear!" Winding up the swing behind her back, Mahaud tensed her whole body forward and gave the hammer an overhead swing. The hit definitely rocked the bottom of the machine, sending the bar sailing upwards, but lost momentum just mere inches before hitting the bell. Everyone gave some noise or another of disappointment, including Mahaud.

"Alright, next up!" the man called out. Mahaud was forced to relinquish the hammer back to the man, and she strode back towards June.

June put a hand on her shoulder, affirming "You did the best you could, dear."

Mahaud stretched her arms and back a bit, responding with "Oh, i'm gonna do better. I'm giving this a second shot, I know I can do this." Mahaud walked to the back of the line again, and June couldn't help but sigh; he loved her resolve, as cocky as it could come off sometimes.

As Mahaud progressed through the line a second time, the burly man gave her a look of recognition. "Ah, back for another round already?" Mahaud placed the entry fee in his hands a second time, and began adjusting her shoulders by swinging her elbows in a circle.

"Yep. Either the bell breaks or my arms, whichever comes first."

The man gave a look of amused shock, eyebrows raised and mouth in a comical frown. "I uhh... hope neither happens?" Mahaud took the hammer in hand, and began psyching herself up.

As the man crossed his arms in anticipation of what would happen, June approached his side from behind. "One of those might actually happen. I also hope they won't, but I would..." As June's words trailed off a bit, Mahaud arms began to be suffuse with sparks, and she started giving off a glow. Her eyes lit up the most, and arcs of electricity were now going wherever they pleased on her body. She focused her breathing with intent, and her hair gave the slightest rise into the air. "I would step back maybe."

Everyone present followed June's advice, whether they heard him or not, giving Mahaud more than a few meters of space. Mahaud raised the hammer up, the energy crackling around her approaching it's crescendo, and in a flash the hammer snapped down along with a booming *CRACK*. The rod shot up like it was launched out a cannon, shredding the bell at the top off it's mounting as it gave a pained clang from the impact. Both sailed into the air for a few seconds, everyone but Mahaud staring in enthrallment of their unexpected flight. Clanking violently onto the ground in defeat, Mahaud reared her head up from the swing, and at last looked up to see her handiwork. Scratching the back of her head, she turned her head around towards the rather shocked and upset man. She pulled her wallet out of her pocket, and in a feebly casual voice asked "So uhh... So how much did that cost?"

Upon the road back to their home, the sun was on the latter end of it's journey to setting. While it's beams were waning, they still beared down firmly on the lovely couple, with June holding his hand horizontal on his brow to shield his deep green eyes.

Opposed to when they set out, they were now accompanied with several bags of trinkets Mahaud had won in her competitive fervor. One of the prizes was a stuffed lion doll, which was won from the strength contest Mahaud had shattered; considering Mahaud could pony up the cost for damages, the man was considerate enough to grant her the prize regardless, which now sat at June's lap with his other arm wrapped around it.

"I'm honestly surprised that you went on that streak for so long," June said, eyes still gazing at the sun lit road in front of them; he rather enjoyed the sight of the setting sun.

"What, you think I didn't have it in me? I'm not rusty yet, god help me." She gave her bicep a flex, and while it was still impressive, she could see how it was less muscle and more softness than in her glory years.

"Oh well I know that, dear! You're still the strong, daring hero from when we first met, and i'll always see you like that. It's just that those games aren't free, you know? How much did you end up spending anyway?" June was genuinely curious, and Mahaud never knew him to have a judgmental bone in his body. However, confessing that she started the day with a replete wallet and ended it with an empty one would probably embarrass him, if not herself.

"Uhh... well uhh, just don't worry about it, we'll always have enough at home." June simultaneously rolled his eyes and gave a smile. As much as Mahaud was slightly shamed by her recklessness, the sight of his smile, the serene, lively look of his features and the soft, pink bend of his lips always turned her day around, and June knew it. "Speaking of home, here we are!"

The home was indeed cresting into view, partially transformed into a silhouette of itself by the dropping sun. The couple in their carriage pulled into the courtyard of their home, the horses waltzing along coming to a halt with a pull of the reins. June, still holding the stuffed lion in one arm, picked up a bag off the carriage floor. Mahaud scooped up the other few. "I'll carry these ones, no problem."

As she stepped down from the carriage onto the cobble, June stood on the bottom step of the carriage and said, "Aww, thank you very much, honey!" He leaned up and gave Mahaud a deep kiss on the lips. Mahaud leaned a bit into it in return; June was generous in his shows of affection, but that didn't make them any less precious to Mahaud. If she had it her way, she thought, she would keep him all to herself, hoard his glowing, spirited nature, refusing to let him out of her sight and side. As June broke from the kiss, Mahaud also broke out of the brief trance. "Here, let's get this up to the bedroom and get ready for tonight!"

Mahaud, still waving off the heady state, nodded in response. "Yeah yeah, let's do that."

The two indeed stepped up the stairs into the master bedroom of the house, and placed the bags down in a corner of the room. They then had a little less than a half hour to rest and recuperate before the scheduled time for their party to begin and guests to arrive. Mahaud simply flopped down onto the bed, having had little rest in her busy day. June felt that his hair fell out of place from where he wanted it to be, so he styled his locks back into perfection. A few moment after he nodded in satisfaction with his appearance, the bell for the front door rang downstairs.

"Oh, i'll get it. Coming!" June stepped out and down the stairs, shoes clicking as they went, while Mahaud stood up out of bed and stretched, having nearly fallen asleep. June opened the door, seeing a familiar friend of both him and Mahaud. His name was Jamie, one of Mahaud's first and closest companions she met during her military career. He was larger and more fit than June, but was actually rather svelte in build, certainly small compared to Mahaud. He met June during Mahaud and June's wedding, where a decent portion of Mahaud's invitees being her comrades. The two quickly gelled together well, having similar tastes and interests outside of occupation. Jamie was in a getup similar in elegance to June's, although his makeup was rather conservative in comparison, even if June's was already not what one would consider gaudy.

"Ah, Jamie, you made it! I'm so happy!" The two gave each other a hug, June having to stand on his toes a bit to reach; he really was small compared to... well, anyone. "Are you here with Simon?" June peered past Jamie, checking to see if the man's lover was somewhere behind him.

"Oh no, I took a stage coach here, Simon's meeting with a friend right now. He'll be here later though!"

June hopped up and down, clapping his hands, "Oh goodie, that's very great to hear!"

The two heard footsteps coming down, and as they turned they saw Mahaud and heard her say "Well, hello there, Burnham."

Jamie placed his hands on his hips, and cocked his head with a smile. "Stetz! Pleasure to be here."

Mahaud extended her hand, to which Jamie extended his and the two gave a firm shake. "Pleasure to have you here. Come on, step inside!"

Jamie stepped in through the threshold of the door, chirping "Well, don't mind if I do!"

The three stepped into the kitchen, which had been temporarily repurposed into being one of the many rooms on the main floor which would be holding guests. As their small talk went along, more and more guests began to arrive, and within the hour the house was filled with the chatter and bustle of a lively get together. The couple separated, caught up in the commotion. Mahaud was of course talking with her invitees, giving deference to her superiors and but preferring her friends' company. June was just being an entertainer to anyone, always aiming to please with charm. In the background, some relaxed music played at a mild volume, coming from a music box the couple had for just such an occasion.

June was in the middle of a casual conversation, Jamie being the listener. "Yeah, to this day I have no idea why they just packed up and left like that, but if you ask me, it stinks of something along the lines of criminal intrigue. OOH, speaking of fruit vendors, there's this lovely little spot I found--"

Mahaud butted in, her hand placed on June's shoulder, and asked, "Sorry to interrupt, but it does seem that some of the others have taken to dancing to the music. Would the gentleman like to join me along with them?" Mahaud held her free hand up in invitation.

Indeed, it seemed that a portion of the party goers were now slow dancing in the rather spacious living room. June was happy to comply with the suggestion, and placed his hand in hers. "Why, I would be delighted! Shall we continue this conversation another time, Jamie?"

Jamie gave a wave of his hand, "Absolutely, you two go have some fun!"

The two then joined the cluster of dancers, hand in hand and arm wrapped around the other's waist. They took their steps in tempo, slowly but surely falling into a rapt state from each other's longing gaze. Mahaud couldn't help herself and held June even tighter against herself, who was pleased by the gesture despite how it made avoiding each others toes more difficult.

June rested the side of his head on Mahaud's breasts, and with a soft voice said, "When was the last time we danced like this?"

Mahaud lowered her face onto June's soft, blonde locks, breathing in the floral scent it gave off. "Mmmh... I think it was a whole year ago, during that weekend at Karthmere... You said you felt the sight of the river under the moon and lamp light was so romantic."

June giggled a bit, and as his voice was right next to her heart, the sound and tenderness of it sent a pleasing thrill through Mahaud's veins. "That's right, and then you said... actually, I think you only said 'I agree', then took me in this deep kiss, and pulled me into a dance just like this one..."

Mahaud didn't cease in drinking in June's scent, instead breathing in closer. "Yes, and you were just as beautiful then. Your sweet smell, your delicate breathing, your small, adorable body..." Mahaud kissed June's forehead, and June gave another giggle. He lifted his head up from her chest, and stood up on his toes to lock his own lips to hers. Suddenly, Mahaud lifted up June to her eye level using only the arm she had wrapped around his waist, now holding him up by his thighs and round buttocks. June gave an audible and pleased gasp at the show of strength, but also hid his face with his hand in embarrassment, unsure what the sight would look like to any onlookers. His already pink cheeks began to glow red, but Mahaud tried to nuzzle his hand away with her own face, saying, "Don't be so shy, baby. You're beautiful and adorable and charming, and I want others to see that."

June eventually let his hand float away from his face, and instead interlocked it with his other hand behind Mahaud's neck. Mahaud moved her own free hand behind June to cradle his neck. "If you say so, Major." said June. The two gave a small laugh, then stared into each other's gaze for a brief moment. The two then closed their eyes, as Mahaud pulled June's head in towards her craving lips. June simply opened his mouth a few centimeters and let his face otherwise go slack, opening himself to whatever Mahaud desired. She pushed his lips against hers, and in the ensuing kiss Mahaud rubbed her lips against his softness. June soon began complementing the motion, their kisses in rhythmic unison as Mahaud kept his head right in front of her, right where she wanted him. Uncaring for what others may see of this moment, Mahaud pushed her mouth harder against June's, leaving it open for her tongue to move in. As her questing tongue reached for his, June gave a ragged moan, simply melting at the overpowering intimacy. Mahaud lapped at his tongue, eager to conquer the whole space of his mouth, and he could only summon up the willpower to weakly squirm his lips and tongue against hers. June's nose breathed out a warm but weary breeze of air, to which Mahaud moaned, almost growled, her hunger being spurred on by his shows of vulnerability.

She reasoned, however, that going any further would lead the two to a... "state" that would be hard to walk away from, and Mahaud gently pulled her tongue and lips from the sweet ambrosia. June breathed an airy sigh, and slowly opened his eyes. While the moment lasted just over a minute, the happily drained look in his eyes would lead others to believe it went on for hours.

"Ah, it seems the two are having a... moment." June and Mahaud turned to see Jamie nearby, his large boyfriend Simon now with him.

The focus in June's eyes quickly returned, stammering and blushing quite a bit, unable to remove himself from the position easily. "O-oh! Jamie, Simon, y-you're here, together! Yes, um, um, well!"

Mahaud read the situation well, and was also a bit embarrassed as she placed June back down on the ground. She scratched the back of her head, grumbling "Hey there, uhh... So, how much of that did you see?"

Simon poked in, saying "Just that carry and longing gaze." Mahaud rolled her eyes up, and breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe she got carried away there, she realized.

Jamie tapped June's shoulder, asking "June, could we continue that conversation from earlier?"

June's confidence returned to him, and got visibly excited. "Oh, yes! Absolutely!"

Mahaud, on the other hand, had a familiar 'gut' feeling, and began stepping away. "I actually have to use the bathroom real quick, i'll be back later."

June nodded in understanding, "Oh ok, hurry back then!"

Jamie crossed his arms, and hollered "Don't fall in!"

June let out a hardly restrained snicker at the common joke, and Mahaud rolled her eyes as she walked to the bathroom. A few minutes later and she finished her business, washed her hands and stepped out the door. As she closed the door, she heard a familiar and commanding voice speak to her. "Major Stetz!"

She reared her head toward the voice, and saw one of her superiors, an older woman who was similar in build as Mahaud. She held an average sized wine glass in one hand, which funny enough held a drink of beer with a lime on the lip. "Colonel Turek, pleasure to see you here."

The two shook hands, and Turek continued, "Pleasure to be here, especially considering there's something I need to ask you."

Mahaud cocked her head in curiosity, but kept a straight voice. "Ask away, Colonel."

Turek thought a moment, and elaborated by saying, "Well, it's more I need your permission on something."

Mahaud cocked her head even further. "Not to argue, but so long as you're talking about business, i'm uhh, pretty sure you don't need my permission to have me do something."

Waving her hand in a indistinct gesture, Turek responded, "Usually, yes, but this is..." Turek leaned in in a discreet manner, and whispered, "Sub rosa."

Mahaud understood. "Sub rosa" is a term for something clandestine, covert, and in the republic's military circles it had a similar connotation, only it also meant that certain operatives involved could be put in great danger, and therefore usually had a right to refuse the task. Mahaud knew all this, but never in her career had it came up like this until now.

Mahaud gave a slight nod. "I understand. Shouldn't this be discussed somewhere else then?"

"Oh, absolutely, the briefing will be at a different time and place. All this is is seeing if you have interest. It's a long term assignment, we're expecting it to last anywhere from six months to a year. All field work, essentially. I feel inclined to believe you're a good fit." Turek took a sip of her beer, as Mahaud gave it some thought. "So. Do I have your permission?"

Mahaud nodded her head solemnly. "You do."

"Excellent. The briefing will be a month from now as we draw up the plan. You can expect to hear from me then." Turek raised her glass, and began to turn away. "Well, It's been an excellent night, Major. I'll be heading home now."

As Turek downed the last of her glass, Mahaud gave a wave of her hand. "You're welcome, Colonel. Get home safe."

Turek placed the glass down on a nearby table. "I will. Goodnight, Major."

Mahaud began to turn away herself, finishing the conversation with "Goodnight, Colonel."

Mahaud searched around for June and the others, which proved a bit more difficult than she expected. While she managed to find June, he seemed to be on his own at a drink table. As Mahaud approached, June was pouring himself a drink and guzzling it down. His back turned to her, Mahaud picked up the bottle he poured the drink from, and inspected the label.

Narrowing her eyes, she said to June, "Oh. June honey, this stuff is pretty high proof, are you sure you should...?"

June turned around in a clumsy spin, and Mahaud was able to see that his cheeks were a deep crimson and his face had an all too familiar drunken stupor to it. "Why, this stuff is simply... diviiiiiine! Deary weary neary, would you *HIC* ....pour me another?"

Mahaud slowly plucked the glass from June's hand, and answered "I'm afraid my stance on that is a hard 'no.'"

June gave a frown, which anyone could see as disingenuous, and whined "Awwwww Honeyyyyyyyy." June stumbled back, and Mahaud grabbed him before he could fall backwards. "Oops! Eh heh, thank you, my big strong hero..." June bonked his head onto Mahaud's chest, and then left it there, comfortable with where he ended up.

Lazah
Lazah
4 Followers