All Comments on 'Indecent Proposal'

by jamesapple

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments (Page 2)
GrandPaMGrandPaM3 months ago

I gave 4* - decent story, well enough written.

I didn't reduce the stars due to the lack of a true BTB element given the marital infidelity, but since technically that infidelity was both permitted and irrelevant to their core relationship, I counted it as not truly belonging to the infidelity category. Besides, there was actually a BTB element, but it landed against the "Bull" who originally didn't care about the consequences. So, I appreciated that aspect of the plot - despite the weak justification for it.

But otoh, there just wasn't enough emotional meat there to raise this to the 5* category.

fishgetterfishgetter3 months ago

Damn waste of time. Nope not even a 1* rating, but there is nothing lower.

OneOldFart690OneOldFart6903 months ago

Well now, this is really top notch stuff. At first, I thought, 'oh well, another cuck story.' But I continued to read and got to the line "The only fly in that ointment was that I'm gay." Well now, a twist suitable for further reading. I usually don't read 'Gay' stories for no other reason than I'm not interested in them. BUT, this one was I was pretty sure going to be a tad different, and it was.....

A great plot and twist to a tale that served to lighten the bank account of the one who thought he would get whatever he wanted by offering dollars for f**cks. The fact that he had to fork out $2 mill was icing to the cake.

Shame about Terry, but 'circle of life and all that'.

And a wonderful "marriage of convenience" as well.

5* from me.

One Old Fart

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice3 months ago

Had an odd feel to it, but I have to give points for originality, as I have not seen this take before, and I totally did not see story device until you sprung it. So, well done.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Fantastic tale. Totally unbelievable, but hell, its fiction. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting and unique take on a well-worn plot. Well imagined!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great twist! Well

DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

first truly original twist i have seen on this in a long ass time well done

Waldteufel61Waldteufel613 months ago

What a stupid f***ing story, didn’t make it past the first “gay“

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

different enough....

PowersworderPowersworder3 months ago

What makes this loving wives trope such a classic, is the wife actually wanting to whore herself out to the rich guy, while the devoted husband desperately tries to stop her from destroying their marriage.

The story doesn't really work when she's just a gay guy's beard, because there are no consequences. Their marriage is just a meaningless sham.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great twist on an oldie. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story not really loving wives but good.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sucks!

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Don’t care for gay male stories or buying someone’s wife, but that was still an interesting story.

Burner70Burner703 months ago

Wrang category. Fag shit goes elsewhere!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Far fetched but Original and well written

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice, I loved this twist. Gave me a smile. Thanks!

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

A good read and as far as I know, unique and original.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594193 months ago

Well done I appreciate the story

🧟‍♀️🧠🤯🤯🧠🧟‍♀️

TonyspencerTonyspencer3 months ago

Smart and different. Good job.

demanderdemander3 months ago

Well done. But stroking the guy's ego leaves a small bad taste. D

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice read - a different take

MorovarMorovar3 months ago

You see almost no unique takes on such an old standard. Excellent job! 5 Stars!

inka2222inka22223 months ago

Amazing. I have no idea why this has such a low rating. Everyone won (well, except for Terry, not sure why the author felt the need to remove him from the story but that's real life for you :( :( :(

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nicely done, and a new twist to the idea. The writing was good but perfectable - just needs a little polish to make it flow better.

theshapeofthingstheshapeofthings3 months ago

Well done!

One of the more clever additions to this genre I’ve read. Staying true to the theme while twisting and expanding it in such a delightful way.

CarchaserCarchaser3 months ago

I became confused in middle of story, and it lost me.

James G 5James G 53 months ago

Wow, what a great & original twist on that plot! Well done.

wwaldripwwaldrip3 months ago

Excellent story, you have to be true to yourself.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If OP had been honest and used tags (and blown his surprise, no pun intended), I'd have chuckled and tipped my sun-faded and worn Resistol and voted honestly. No tags and this plot is subterfuge, authorial malpractice. Naww. Three stars because it's decent, but no mas. C'mon, OP, don't be like that.

DreddrasDreddras3 months ago

Really enjoyed this, and am confused by the low(ish) score.

D_O_LondonerD_O_Londoner3 months ago

Excellent, clever, well worth 5*

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

Drop, twist, score.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It doesn't belong in this section since nobody was married or even in a relationship.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit2 months ago

Well, that's five minutes of of my life wasted away... damn it!.

. . .

SatyrDickSatyrDick2 months ago

[03.04.24]

Top Shelf!

To quote Robot Chicken M. Night "What a twist!"

11/10!!!!!

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Great twist, but leave the gay male stuff where it belongs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Killing off Terry serves only one purpose: Making a vain attempt to curry favor with the habitual homophobes who make up a small but mouthy portion of the LW readership. The author had hope that concluding with an image of the MC living without a partner, devoted to his godchildren and pet would attract less vitriolic rants from the keyboard defenders of heterosexuality. Appeasement NEVER works.

MrBill323MrBill323about 2 months ago

Loved this Finally something different

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjamesapple@jamesapple
Have been lurking for years, figured it was time to start putting myself out there...so to speak. Love useful criticism, not a fan of "Cuck, 1 star" - how does that help? Retired military. Don't be shy, drop a line! And Earth, Wind & Fire's version of Got to Get You Into My...