All Comments on 'Independence Day'

by barney69r

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Horrible story

This isn't a loving wife story at all - it's just a story of pure animalistic revenge. Somewhere between college and the shooting the guy seems to have lost at least three-quarters of his iq points.

greenoniongreenonionover 11 years ago
Awful

just written for the hate-ridden to cheer (poor sad bastards).

glwadysglwadysover 11 years ago

No point in giving any marks here as the author is probably dead from lethal injection.

RIP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
now

maybe all the sickos know how most people feel when they say it was only a story.

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
Perfect tail about the results of bad choices.

I loved it, gave it 5 stars, please don't be discouraged by the naysayers, you done good!

Too bad more cheaters don't get this treatment, there'd be less cheating.

cabbie47cabbie47over 11 years ago
Repulsive

Sad that a so-called civilized country still condones the death penalty - and sad that some sickos can condone what the guy did in this story.

deck23deck23over 11 years ago
fucked over

It was a good story just wish he had got off because he just reaction to seeing them with his slut wife. the wifes of the men should have said something at his trial to the efect that he just lost his mine seeing the 4 of them fucking.

Lets hope he gets a new trial and gets off. what was the make up of the jury as if it had some ladies he would have got off

priv8iiipriv8iiiover 11 years ago
Problem with Continuity

My only problem with the story is that its not Murder One. And a good editor should have pointed that out.

Murder one is premeditated and multiple - meaning it is planned and thought out, cruel, or multiple people ( on different occasions ). And to give a very good example ( from my Criminal Justice class ) if i was plotting to kill person A by whatever method, and happen to be driving my car around town and person A walks out in front of me, so I take advantage of the situation and run him over with my car and kill him, that still isn't Murder One. Even though I was planning to kill him, the fact that I didn't kill him the way I was planning to drops it to Manslaughter. It could be bumped up if it had been proven that I had killed multiple people this way ( not at 1 time like I ran over 4 people at the same time, but that on 4 separate occasions I plotted to kill people and then ran them over instead ).

thebulletthebulletover 11 years ago
somewhat distatesful

Heinlein wrote that very intelligent people do not have their sense of self worth wrapped around their dicks (or something like that).

This guy was a genius and his reaction to his wife's infidelity is to shoot everyone in sight? Not too smart.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Problem

This is Texas - he would have gotten a parade and a voucher for more ammo. But I do love swift justice to cheating whores and their fuck buddies.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
At what point

Do the rights of the criminal out weigh the rights of the victim or society? This is what the death penalty is all about. Ignorant people say it is barbaric, what of the act which brought it on? Is the life of the murderer somehow more valuable then the victims? That is exactly what you are saying when say the absolutely immoral statement that one commenter has. I believe the bible got it right and whether you believe in God or Darwin doen't change the fact that every life must be judged of equal value. Murder is wrong, it is criminal and the punshiment for taking a life in a just and civilized society should be death. As to why I only gave this a **** rating. What were the wives doing for fifteen minutes while their husbands were off fucking the host? A stupid premise to think they would not get caught.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
5*****

I read it on SOL earlier. I think the story shows a tragic situation which coused 5 died people. Howvever in Europe there is not death penalty and this at once murder by quick emotional decision may cost only 20 years prison generaly. I think the the death penalty is not match the manslaughter here, so I think the husband should earn only 20 -25 years prison punishment instead of capital punishment. However I do not know the Texas state law system at all.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
And Jerry Hansen?

Narrator never got back to Jerry Hansen, as was promised to us!

Not Murder 1 !!!

WAY TOO MUCH narrative, too little dialogue!

Sex scenes done like a newspaper might!

2*

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
20-25 years prison without parole

20-25 years prison without any parole, this matches for this manslaughter, according to my opinion, but capital punishment!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow, real hot

Are you kidding? This sucked. Get your weird vengeance fantasies off this site.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
WOW

I absolutely believe in getting even with the cheating bitch and all of her lovers but this was a bit severe. Take it down a notch and I would be ok with it. Shoot the guys balls off and sell the whore as a sex slave would be enough for me.

Yeah, and maybe the Eagles will win the super bowl.

OH YEAH

HA HA HA

cueball961cueball961over 11 years ago
Far Fetched

The story was destroyed, in my humble opinion, by two things. It was not terribly well written to begin with, and it was implausible.

As to the first problem, it seemed the story had little depth. It was rushed through and the characters were shallow. I felt no investment with any of them. The idea is for the reader to like the good characters and hate the bad ones. In this story, the reader is indifferent to them all and wishes that they would all drown together.

Concerning the implausibility angle, it is doubtful he would have gotten murder one. Murder one requires premeditation and planning. This killing was done in the heat of passion on the spur of the moment. He would have more than likely been charged with manslaughter, murder in the second degree at worst. A personal friend here in the Commonwealth of Virginia shot and killed his unfaithful wife in similar circumstances, although her lover had left the scene. With good behavior, he was out on parole in a little over ten years.

Slow your next one down. Let us know the characters. Give the plot time to develop and let it play out rationally. For this effort, two stars.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
The cheating wife murder is not revenge at the most cases only tragedy

This story is not revenge story only a tragic Consequence story to show the murder rarly revenge in our Cultural World, only tragedy for everybody. In the Cruel Revenge story where the murder was not guessed by Police are the Organizated Criminals managed murders (Papatoad's story "The Dental Genes") or such story where the betrayed husband mixed strong carcinogen (herbicide) in his (German origined) cheating wife's special German cake and after longer time his wife died in Cancer (Unfortunately I forgot the Author and Title and Where I read it (on SOL or on Lit)).

Such story is good and IMPORTANT as this is, to show us where is the Revenge Stories borders, and where the begining of the Consequence Stories as DGHear Classical Gem Consequence story the "Another Chance", where effects of 2 violance events were a life long prison for cheating wife and loverboy murder at the older character and a shorter time prison punishment for hiting his brother in law (the loverboy) at the main character.

I thought passion murders did not punish with capital punishment in the USA, but here the main character killed more than 1 person was so I think he could be punished more years than 10 years would be..................

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I READ THIS A WEEK AGO ON STORIES ON LINE

SOL IT GOT A 5.24 RATING

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 11 years ago
It's just hard to believe he would spend only five years on death row.

It's also hard to believe he would get the death penalty in the first place. The author should at least make a modest effort to get legal facts straight.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
O K***

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
hmmm?

If his aunt did not use telephones... how was he able to phone her before he found her dead?C

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
He needed a better lawyer

Personally, I feel that things have gone off the tracks when adultery is not a crime.

The whole reason that you do not let people go around shooting people is that society will judge and punish them for their crimes, and for me adultery is a crime against the family and against society. Still the Bible says, "Judgement is mine, sayeth the Lord" or was it "turn your other cheek"?-----

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Duna

Why do you always feel the need to comment on everything multiple times? Your comments too often do not make sense or are trying to take the story in a different direction. Read the story and move one, you don't have to add your two-cents worth to everything... over and over and over...

As for the story, what was the point of all that background? Why was the reader supposed to care about the aunt? Did the other wives know? The ending was rushed, very anticlimactic.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Wouldn't happen, even in TX

His lawyer would cop a plea and he would get serious jail time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Iq of 142 and yet still an idiot.

It takes the better part of 30 years to get the needle and his demise was the best part. I mean, Mary's doing a gangbang and NONE of the wives notice? Only mr. Genius?

Plus what was the point? It was obvious there was no emotional connection between them...simply convenience. So why throw your life away for someone you don't love?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Five stars

If thier was more pople like this in America it wont be in the mess its in. Dont worry becuase of the chuckys that masterbated at the gangbang. All chuckys must die.

JonATaylorJonATaylorover 11 years ago
Cliche Driven

Not a bad read, actually, even if it was one big cliche. You don't get death for second degree murder. But it fits the implausibility of the story as a whole.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND

now what else can you do to me, TK U MLJ LV NV

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Not even much of a story outline, much less a story.

Too short a treatment. Lacking any real drama, tension, character development, emotional impact, or creativity. The cheating was not explained, and the conflict was outlined and resolved in a few sentences. And, we knew what was going to happen, because we were told in the first paragraph.

Add to this internal inconsistencies, and absurdity, and this was a waste of time. I only offer this negative review because there seems to be some skill with words, and I appreciate the effort of novice writers. Try and develop your characters and build tension, conflict and drama in an interesting or original way, and your stories will be much better than this.

I honestly wonder if this was an exercise to see what kind of feedback a poorly-written almost-story will get so long as you have the cheating bitch die. Sadly, those types of stories will get scores that are much too high and comments which are much too supportive. Take those with a grain of salt if you have any interest in actually becoming a decent writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
he shouldnt be charged

i am sorry but she was a cheating slut and in the rage of passion he lost his mind and thought she was being raped. They all died no big loss really all cheaters and adulterers deserve the same fate.

He should be given a medal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Rubbish!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good punishment for the cheaters "Death is all they deserve"

the fact that you send a man to prison for that is wrong he was lost and destroyed he wasn't thinking he thought they were raping his wife and she accidentally got shot. As far as them dying it was no loss to anyone that cared or has pride cause personally if you are friends or support a cheater you are more than likely one yourself.

If my wife hung out with people i knew to cheat on their spouse or did before i would give her a directive to stay away from them if she didn't then i would leave and divorce her. I wont have my family, kids, or life influenced or affected by a cheater whether it be a man or a woman.

I have told two of my ex friends that i wouldn't associate with them anymore after they cheated on their wives and they had to explain to their spouse why me and my wife wouldn't go over anymore. They didn't of course so my wife told their wives why.

They both ended up divorced that year and we still associate with the ladies since they are friends.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Let the Punishment Fit the Crime

The problem is the capital punishment in the story. The betrayed husband did not plan this massacre, it was a quick anger only. I think 20 years prison with possibilty for parola is the exact punishment for this.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Where is a good lawyer when you need one???

Great story of a loving skank wife. At least you won't meet her again because that scumbag is way down below where she belongs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Not in Texas

In Texas they would not have convicted him of first degree murder.

Manslaughter at most if not justifiable by passion.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Justifiable Homicide

He wouldn't have even made it to trial once all the evidence was sorted out. Texas still has Justifiable Homicide on the books when dealing with a cheating spouse. If you have a shotgun, you are allowed one round per person caught in the act of infidelity. For a pistol or rifle, you are allowed two rounds each.

3 Stars, since it lost 2 for the lack of knowledge of Texas Law.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wham bam!

Interesting, if a tad short, tale of instant revenge. Had to love the wife that took his gun and then brought him a beer.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Over The Top

He needed a better attorney. He would have gotten life but he would have lived.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Should have been second degree at most

Not enough time for premeditation or malice aforethought.

kyron99kyron99about 10 years ago
mindless garbage

inspired, unoriginal, and boring.

I csmt I aging anyone find this shit erotic. you know, like this website's name.

Vixen4fun4uVixen4fun4ualmost 10 years ago
Really

I am mad at myself for even skimming this slop.

Any idea what Literotica means.?

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Stupid...

He was stupid twice: 1st - marrying her; 2nd - Killing them all with witnesses...He had all the time of the world to kill them, in separate, and not get caught.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
AT LAST WHEN THE END IS NEAR

we must all face that final burden, some are even justified, TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
don't see it

No premeditation, no viciousness or added cruelty.

This is set in Texas where only a few years ago it would not have even been illegal.

Death penalty? Fantasy!

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Good - 5

This is one of the more extreme and yet not unlikely outcomes of cheating. Google it, it happens everyday. You would think people would think it through when this is the possible result.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Where's The Story

...and the characters and the plot?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Understand

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, consequences be damned. And that's just the way it is.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
NOW THEY ARE ALL INDEPENDENT

and he is to be gone. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
If want to see show crap!

If you read a story go to comments and want to see more stupid shit look for tazz317. He'll find a way to make nothing from whatever because he never really says anything to add to anything. Who cares where you're from it might as well be a shit pile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lose interest?

Did you get bored halfway through? As rhat was a pathetic finish to a semi decent start.

robt1157robt1157over 6 years ago
Sad but true

I thought you did a great job, and frankly I would have hung the jury on the sentence. A very similar happened here just a few months ago, so thats how real this can be. I liked the fact that you didn't drag it out 2 or 3, or 10 pages. Just told your story and let it go. A 5* if there ever was one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You don't get charged with murder one for what he did,

Even in Texas.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Hard

A little different than what I'm used to. Why didn't any of the wives go looking for their husbands? Seven quick, accurate shots with that .45. He was a damn good shot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I admit I'm not that well-versed in the law...

But, in these circumstances, IMO, the prosecution, even if they did go for capital murder, would likely also add second-degree murder and/or manslaughter (since it was in the heat of the moment) as an option to convict him on. If the prosecution goes for only capital murder, the jury might just acquit him or, if they convict him, will recommend a life sentence...

No way would any jury, given the circumstances here, vote to give him the death penalty...

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
your lawyer sucks

I would have take a plea for 4 counts of manslaughter, 3 to 7 served concurrently. I'd be out in as soon as 12 years, possibility of parole in 8.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

2nd read, at best this was Murder 2 not 1. Other than getting his 1911 there was no premeditation. Shit lawyer! Good lawyer would have gone for Manslaughter due to mental state. 4*

I too would have liked to see a hung jury.... All those wives gabbing away never noticed their husbands were missing?!? Glad to see the idiot gene pool was cleaned out - those three idiot hisbands banging away with their wives only feet away....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
pussy

no woman or pussy worth all that trouble

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
Crime of passion

One of my mother's friend and her lover were killed by her husband, who was a roughneck. He came home a couple of days early and caught them in bed while they were fucking. The husband put his 30-06 behind the guys neck and killed them both with one shot. They had 2 boys and I was in high school with one of them. The husband was prosecuted for 2 counts of manslaughter. The jury gave him 10 years probation as a Crime of Passion. Apparently, most of the town knew what a slut she was while he was on the rig. My mom didn't speak to me for awhile because I said she got what was coming. I don't know if crimes of passion are still on the law books in MS since I moved out of the state right after high school. But I know that adultery is still a crime and a reason for divorce in MS.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Yes one wife and all the gals husbands just happen to disappear during a SMALL BBQ to have a gang bang....and no one noticed, the gangbang crew actually Figured no one would notice and all they thought they had was an hour?

If a well thought out plot was something you didn't want in the story...congratz!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You dont get the death penalty for a non premeditated murder. Especially in special circumstances. Also the death penalty is usually taken off the table in exchange for your guilty plea. The court system is not eager to put people to death at all, nor should it be.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

Not credible, but a good shooting revenge is always fun.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Repeat, guy was a helluva shot with a pig like a 1911 .45. Seven in the black, no one came back.

Omegaman56Omegaman56about 3 years ago

It would have more painfully for them to have gotten the wives involved earlier. And give them the gun

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again, this guy is one heck of a good shot. He’s still on death row in Texas, and a hero to anyone with a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid whore, poor dude, you'd think Texas would let him have a get out of jail free card considering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After he left for the store, all the other wives were oblivious to the fact their husbands suddenly disappeared inside the house with their hostess? Nope...could never happen with any group of three wives I've ever seen. At least one would have had her husband under constant surveillance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As I'm sure many have pointed out this was textbook crime of passion with zero premeditation. The dead bodies intertwined would have given the MC all the sympathy in the world. Unless of course the whole legal system there are all adulterers and looking to send a message. Plus pleaing would have meant life at most.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Well

Not bad. The end with him waiting on deathrow was a little disappointing.

Huedogg, I like the idea of manslaughter, but I think your sentencing math is a little off. Four sentence of 3-7 years running concurrently is ... wait for it ... 3-7 years. For concurrent sentences the clock for the sentences start at the same time. Consecutive sentences has one start and the other sentences start one at a time after the current one expires.

I went with a four score for this story. It just seemed too short. A four is above the overall score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That's murder 2, not murder 1. Shouldn't be capital. Especially in Texas, where not long ago it would have been ruled justifiable homicide.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Whole story was basically a nothing burger

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Realize that this is fiction. But, either his attorney was completely incompetent or the author was just winging it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So, Mary Lou and the other women's husbands just decided to pop inside for a quick gang bang while the MC was out shopping and none of the wives noticed anything untoward? A cheating wife is a believable plot device but it's a little mystifying why so many stories have to have such a completely OTT super slut wife/gangbang queen. Outside of stag parties I've never met a woman who does gangbangs, yet here in LW they seem to be ten-a-penny! If they are that common I can't help but wonder why the men get so bent out of shape over it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too short, no back story as to the beginnings, or why the guy's wives, who seemed to know about the guys' cheating, did nothing about it. How did they get into the apartment? How did it start? Results of his trial? Too much info missing. 2 stars. Bob

Old_TimerOld_Timer5 months ago

This was confusing!

MountainMan1336MountainMan13364 months ago

2 stars from me, I liked the story but hey he is in Texas where they would have just let him go.

BigDee44BigDee4411 days ago

Should not have been murder 1. No planning involved.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous