Indian Summer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi Rishi, Please, call me Josie, only my mother calls me Josephine and she and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. So, a couple of things, Isabella is beautiful and the apple of my eye- she needs to be treated like the princess she is. She is used to my colleagues calling in but is wary of strangers. A Queenslander is just a house built on stilts. It allows the cooler air to circulate through, is quite open plan with a central living area and bedrooms around the side with lots of windows and ventilation. I do have air conditioning though! I don't know where you trained or anything, but if you are looking for a woman to sponsor your visa, it's not me. Sorry. Josie.

I hit send and then re-read it and wished I had taken out the last line. I knew it was racist and went against all I stood for, but I also knew a colleague who had been conned by an Indian doctor. I chastised myself and rang Soo-Lee again.

"I'm a fucking racist fuckwit. I basically accused him of only wanting me for a visa!"

"Josie," Soo-Lee was laughing hysterically, "You know he can get a visa by himself as an orthopaedic surgeon and the fact he is on the fucking training program means he is either Aussie trained or has passed the bloody exams I had to sit through that were so hard! Plus, he called you Mrs so he already thinks you are married!"

I remembered back to Soo-Lee and her exams. It took her five times to pass and she was an amazing doctor. She had studied in English and had a British accent. Listening to her, you might never have thought she was Korean.

Rishi, I'm so sorry. I feel like a redneck idiot. I pride myself on my inclusivity and I was very exclusionary in my email to you. I ask your forgiveness and you are welcome to house-sit if you still want to.

A day or so went by before Rishi replied.

Josie, It's fine! I've heard much worse! I was born in Melbourne so speak pretty decent English, I mean, it's not perfect, but I get by! My Dad came to Australia when his parents tried to arrange his marriage and fell in love with my Mum. I have two younger sisters who are both married with children. I am sick of being told to get married by my father who has forgotten what happened when his parents tried to arrange his marriage which is one of the reasons I am escaping to Queensland! Your home sounds lovely. When do you need me?"

I smiled reading his reply. I told Soo-Lee of the developments the following day at work.

"He's an orthopod so the percentages are high that he is still a prick!" I told her, "But at least I know he's not looking for a visa!"

Rishi and exchanged a few more emails. His written word was loosening as he became more familiar with me. I had told him it would take at least 5 days to drive to here, longer if the roads were cut due to flooding and he told me he would spend Christmas with his family and then start the drive north. I had booked to fly out on the third of January so I told him he should not rush and take time to take in the Australian scenery. We had exchanged numbers and started texting each other.

Our Award stated we were not to start leave after a night shift except by mutually agreement. As I was one of the people responsible for rostering, I took pride in rostering myself on for night shift on New Year's Eve.

"Josie, you can't start your holidays after a night shift, let alone four of them!" Nicola had cornered me in her office.

"You can, by agreement and I agree. Plus, it means I can say I have worked a few hours in January and the young ones all want to party that night!"

"You," Nicola laughed, "Are the only nurse in the department that wants to work Christmas and New Year! You're crazy, woman! At least I know you are getting a break. Who's looking after Isabella?"

"I found a house-sitter. Some orthopod who starts here in January. I hope he takes care of her!"

"Not all of them are stereotypical! James can be a decent human when he tries, plus he and Nerrida have been married for 23 years now and have six children, so he must be doing something right!"

James was Nicola's brother who was one of the leading orthopaedic surgeons at the hospital. Nerrida was a gynaecologist and the joke was she had not studied the bit about preventing pregnancy, but they were both amazing parents to amazing children. I knew Nicola and her partner, Jayne, took a lot of the load off helping with the clan and lived in a house across the road from Nicola's brother.

Christmas Day was always fun to work. Someone would bring up Santa Claus's medical record and throughout the day from nightshift in ED to the start of nightshift at the end of Christmas Day, he would pass through different departments with different ailments- delusions about reindeers, diabetes from too many cookies, alcohol intoxication from too much beer and many other witty things colleagues came up with! Often the hospital was quiet, even though none of us dared use the 'q' word!

New Year's Eve was the opposite. So many intoxicated people and people in mental health crises not wanting to live another year like the one they had just lived. Accidents from revelling too hard and broken bones from fights that had broken out. I was so happy to climb into my bed at 8am on the first of January with Isabella, glad my night shifts were done. I had not even checked my phone; Rishi was yet to confirm when he would be arriving, but his last message suggested the second.

There was a knock on my door shortly after midday. I wrapped myself in my gown and went to answer it, still half asleep.

"Josie! Hey! I'm Rishi!"

I was tall, but this guy was something else.

"Huh? Sorry, I'm half asleep. You're getting here tomorrow, aren't you?"

"Big night, I see! I can come back later if you want!"

"No, sorry. I did four 10-hour nights and I'm, yeah, nah, come in."

I tightened the gown around me. I had never even thought to search for Rishi's social media presence. He was exquisitely handsome! He had dark wavy hair that seemed to just float over his head to his collar, the deepest brown eyes and a smile that would make his dentist proud.

"Tea or coffee?" I turned on the kettle and started putting leaves in the teapot for me.

"If you are making a pot, I'd love a cup, but let me. Go, sit down, I didn't realise you worked last night."

"Self-inflicted- I do the bloody roster after all! It sounded like a good idea until the second stabbing came in at 4 and the fifth overdose at 6. But hey, I'm not allowed back for 60 days, bloody leap years!"

I sat down in my comfy armchair and was glad I kept the house in a presentable condition. Isabella appeared and saw someone in the kitchen and went to wrap herself around his legs miaowing for food.

"There's food in your bowl, idiot!" I yelled at her.

"I hope you were talking to Isabella!"

"Sorry! Fuck, I'm still half asleep and I forgot you were here! Sorry- that's Isabella and she seems to like you which is lucky!"

"For her or me?"

"Both!"

Rishi gave me my cup. He had put the right amount of milk in and it was perfect.

"I take it I pass tea inspection?"

I laughed and saw Rishi smiling at me, the lines at the side of his eyes making it look like this was a common thing he did. It was a lovely look, soothing and comforting and something I could see myself getting used to. I told myself I was delirious from not enough sleep and excused myself to go and shower and dress.

Rishi had told me he was happy to sit in the lounge getting to know Isabella better. I dressed in a light sundress and gave Rishi a quick tour of the house showing him his room

"And is your husband at work?"

"Husband? No, it's just me and Isabella!"

"But your ad..."

I thought back to the ad. Rishi brought it up on his phone and showed me.

"Oh, I said 'us' a bit! I meant Isabella and me! I'm just a crazy cat lady!"

"You don't seem that crazy!"

Rishi was easy to talk to. I suggested we open a bottle of wine. Rishi offered to cook dinner and went to look through my pantry. He appeared around half an hour later with a delicious bowl of pasta full of tomatoes and tuna and a second bottle of wine. I was tired after little sleep and night shifts and I was sure Rishi was tired after his long drive. I was also tipsy after all the wine.

Loading the dishwasher, I felt Rishi came up behind me and brush past my bottom. It felt electric. Whether it was the wine, the tiredness or being in the company of this gorgeous man for the past several hours I was suddenly overcome with lust. As I closed the dishwasher door, Rishi was standing in front of me and I leant in and kissed him with a ferocity I did not know I had in me.

No words were spoken, but I was soon ripping off Rishi's shirt and running my hands over his tight chest, his soft chest hair brushing against my fingers. Rishi had undone the buttons on my dress and slipped it over my shoulders to the ground. My bra soon followed, and he focussed his kisses on my breasts. I had always found them to be too big, but Rishi did not seem to mind. He caressed them with his soft fingers, twirling one nipple with his fingers and the other with his tongue. I grabbed his hand and lead him to my bed. Grabbing a condom from a new box that had sat unopened in my drawer for over twelve months I wondered if they were still in date, but did not care, I just wanted Rishi inside me.

He dropped his shorts and briefs as he lay me on the bed, and I was greeted with a beautiful cock standing tall like a flagpole. I wrapped my hand around it feeling the veiny protrusions and wiping drops of precum from the tip. I finally managed to rip open the condom and roll it down his shaft. Rishi removed my briefs with a quick hand and, still kissing me, entered me with a single thrust. The feeling of fullness was amazing. We were both making animalistic sounds, yet we were both still unable to produce any words. After a few minutes, Rishi flipped onto his back with me riding him. I could feel my climax building. Rishi returned his focus to my breasts and I cooed like a dove. We communicated through our bodies and I could feel myself in sync with my lover.

Rishi's grunts were intensifying, and I could feel my pleasure building. Out of nowhere I felt my body erupt in ecstasy. The spasms in my pussy radiated to the tips of my toes, ends of my fingers and top of my head. As I was coming down, I felt Rishi grow inside me as he too screamed as he filled the condom with his seed. I lay on top of him for ages feeling his cock shrivelling inside me. We lay together kissing after Rishi discarded the condom until I finally fell asleep.

I woke to the familiar feeling of Isabella rolled against my stomach and the unfamiliar feeling of a man spooning me. I had a mild headache and realised what I had done- I had seduced my house-sitter. My phone was not next to the bed where it usually was and I had no idea what time it was, but I could see the sun was up. I tried to roll out from Rishi's hold after shooing Isabella off the bed. Rishi was still fast asleep. Grabbing a dress from my wardrobe and underwear from my drawer as quietly as I could, I escaped to the bathroom and stood under the shower, sobbing.

This was not me. I had not had sex in well over twelve months, the last time was a drunken one-night-stand after our staff Christmas Party the year before last now with a random guy I picked up in a bar. The sex was horrible, and I vowed that this was the end of my promiscuity. And yet here I was, drunkenly seducing a guy who was helping me out as I went on holiday. I had not booked a return flight yet, but I knew I was not going to come back until the end of my leave. I'd go and spend some time with Dad, Meg and Steph and would enjoy myself, trying to put the past night behind me.

I had made a pot of tea and was sitting in the kitchen ruminating on the events of the earlier eighteen or so hours when Rishi appeared.

"Mmm... Good morning!" he said as he kissed me on the cheek, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Um, hi," I muttered, "There's fresh tea in the pot."

"You got up early- I didn't notice until I could smell your scent, but you weren't there."

"I should change my sheets, sorry. There's definitely fresh sheets on your bed." I gazed into my near empty cup of tea. I wished I was able to read the leaves, but I knew they would simply tell me I had been a fool. "I'm sorry about last night. I'd had too much to drink and I was tired and, well, horny, and, I, um, well, um, well, fuck, I think it was a huge mistake."

I could not even look Rishi in the eye.

"I don't," Rishi said tilting my chin up, "I thought it was pretty amazing, but if it wasn't for you, then please tell me what I can do better next time."

"Next time? I, um, well, it was lust and pure lust and it had been well over a year since, well, and I'm feeling pretty shitty with myself right now."

"Why? I mean, you looked like you enjoyed it."

"Well, yeah, I mean on a scale of worst to best it was right near the top, but I mean, we hardly know each other and you're just helping me out looking after Isabella."

"Can I at least take you out to lunch so we can perhaps get to know each other better?"

I agreed and Rishi went and showered. Soo-Lee had messaged me asking if Rishi had arrived and invited us over to dinner that night. I thought it would be good to introduce Rishi to some new people and Soo-Lee and Mike were some of the best people I knew.

After Rishi showered, I showed him around the outside of the house. The laundry was downstairs, and I demonstrated the intricacies of the stupid machine I had been sold. It had more than twenty functions, and yet I only ever used the same setting!

"If it's wet, there's a drier you can use. I've got solar panels and I'm in credit with electricity so use whatever, it's cool. Jim comes and does the garden every fortnight or so. I have tried growing herbs back here, but I keep failing- I did put some more coriander in last week though and it's looking ok so far. There's also some Asian Greens over here that just keep going and I usually just pull off leaves as I need them. I've been wanting to get a couple of chickens, but I haven't had time to do anything about it. Feel free to entertain when I'm not here- treat the place as your own."

"I'm not much of an entertainer, so it will be just me most of the time."

I was sure that was what he told all the girls.

"There's some really nice cafés in town, but my favourites are all closed until next week. I'm not sure what's going to be open really, but we can go and see, and I'll give you a tour."

Rishi tried to argue we should take his car, but I insisted on taking mine. I stopped at the Post Office and explained that I had a PO Box so that my mail wouldn't get soggy during the wet season. It was a fine day and Rishi told me he did not believe we could get a meter of rain in a few days.

"Yeah well, laugh city boy, but I do have a kind of cyclone kit I need to show you at home, but they aren't predicting many this year."

I found a park in town and was about to walk into an open café when I spied Nicola with her partner, brother and sister-in-law. It was too late-- they had seen me.

"Josie! Come join us," Nicola insisted, "Hi, I'm the bitch making Josie take holidays, you must be the orthopod!"

"Yeah, I'm Rishi Chabra, pleased to meet you." Rishi held out his hand and was introduced to everyone.

"A-ha! I meet my new Registrar!" James exclaimed.

Lunch turned into an hilarious feast with so many stories shared. Rishi fit right in and was soon sharing funny stories of his own.

"I haven't even told Josie yet, but my Dad sent the first email applying to housesit for her and it made me sound like an idiot."

"You called me Mrs Josephine!"

"That was Dad! Plus, he put in the line about whisky, knowing full well I love a good scotch!"

James insisted on paying for lunch for us all and Rishi excused himself to the bathroom.

"Wow, Josie! He's gorgeous!" Nicola exclaimed, "I'm sure you'll be back soon after your sister returns to school to spend more time with him!"

"He seems lovely, yes, but I don't think I do relationships. I mean, just look at Tim- I thought he was perfect and, well..."

"That was what, six or seven years ago! Move on! Jayne and I are delighted together and so are Nerrida and James and our parents both weren't the best role models. I can see he's into you- give him a chance!"

"Well perhaps I could take away a month of leave and come home early then?"

"Not a hope! You know the director wanted me to make you take three months!"

"Small mercies, I suppose!"

I was glad I got on well with my boss. We were technically on the same pay level, but I had a more clinical role.

James and Rishi were talking near the counter and Nicola went to get him.

"The kids are at the movies and we need to pick them up, well four of them are, the other two are at home!" Nerrida seemed so in control, I had no idea how she did it.

"How lovely are people in this town!" Rishi exclaimed as we walked towards my car, "I mean, in Melbourne I would never have had lunch with a consultant, and he would always be referred to as 'Sir' not by his first name."

"Yeah, I trained in Melbourne, but I'm glad I came up here when I graduated."

Rishi and I spent the afternoon talking about Melbourne whilst I showed him places around town. I told him a bit about my parents, my stepmother and sister and a little bit about my brother and sister-in-law.

"Mum and Dad have run an Indian restaurant in Melbourne since before I was born. I almost grew up in the kitchen. I really think I would have been a chef if medicine hadn't worked out."

"Yeah? Where abouts? I grew up in the outer east, but Dad, Meg and Steph live closer into the city these days. Dad lectures a bit at Monash."

"Who's your Dad then?"

"Brian Stevens, he's..."

"He's one of the best lecturers I ever had!"

I should have known. Rishi went on to tell me all the things Dad had taught him.

"You know, he was all about life lessons too- he told us that men should always be prepared to take responsibility for contraception and be prepared to have the snip once their family was done and that if you were tempted to cheat it probably meant you needed to re-evaluate your relationship."

I could hear my father saying these things and they sounded like dad. He had given Brad similar advice at the wedding rehearsal dinner the year before, however told him he was glad he hadn't been snipped before he met Meg! Mum was half tanked and was not listening to what he was saying anyway.

"You should go and have a meal at the restaurant when you're down there- take your sister or something, Dad would be chuffed to meet you!"

"I should probably thank him for his email!"

"Yeah, you can see why I wasn't offended with your reply!"

"Um, my friends Soo-Lee and Mike have invited us around to dinner tonight. I wasn't sure if you were pescatarian or anything."

"No, I eat anything! My father was brought up Hindi, but he tells me he left his faith at home when he left his country. Mum was sort of Church of England, but we were never Christened or anything!"

"Yeah, well we were Christened because Mum thought it was the thing to do and she thought it would get us into posh schools! It probably helped, but she is definitely not a Christian living woman!"

I promised Soo-Lee that I would bring a batch of my famous brownies for dessert, so we went home for me to bake. Rishi hung a shelf I had been meaning to hang in the bathroom and talk of the previous evening's activities was avoided. In my head I could see why I was attracted to him- he was drop dead gorgeous and seemed like a decent human being, but at the same time, I was still wary of men.