All Comments on 'Industrial Accident'

by neutrona

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Story!

We should all be so lucky to have a friend or loved one around at the time of our passing.

Boyd

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 14 years ago
Well done, touching

little tale. Enjoyed it very much. Also like your author's afternote — you sound like a kind-hearted person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
not necessary

no comments are necessary. Just let the story get to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Compassion...

So many people die alone - nobody around to care for them or be there for them. This is beautiful. Keep writing.

KOTKKOTKover 14 years ago
A great story

Very emotional, it was really written from the heart. Wish the Kid survived, but not very story ends with a perfect "full stop" This reminded me of an article written by an actress, her name wasn't revealed. She wrote about the accidents on movie sets & how stunt mens do the real action. Anyway, this was really excellent. Thank you for writing & sharing this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I am thinking about adding

do not revive to my MedId bracelet. To live in pain for years just so some EMT can feel good, is not what I want. Nobody needs to be a carrot. While watching my mother in her last nursing home, I met a retired minister who came daily for fifteen years to see his wife. She had not recognized him for 13 of the 15 years. He died about a year ago and there is no one visiting her. Even in the best nursing homes, care is what I would wish for hard core cons in prison for life. Daily visits improves the care given a patient.

Follow their wishes and let people go if that is what they want and need.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Actually, it did end well.

Not everyone can be saved, but it was nice to see that the character didn't die alone. That's a good ending to me, that he had someone with him who let him express his fears and finish his business before he moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Well, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If I want to be depressed I’ll watch the ten o’clock news. Writers should put a warning at the beginning of their story: “Warning- Depressing As Hell”.The author said this was based on a true story. I wouldn’t know. Like I said, I don’t watch the TV news.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous