Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
get an editor

I kind of like all the James Bond stuff so the unreality of it all is okay with me. but unless somebody is using low recoil ammo, and they never would in a combat situation, that Glock 21 45 ACP should be firing at at least 1100FPS and even faster if using +P rounds. some of us care about this stuff.

jezzazjezzazover 7 years agoAuthor
Just because I did the research...

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+fast+does+a+45+bullet+travel&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

"The standard issue military .45 ACP round has a 230 grain bullet that travels at approximately 830 feet per second when fired from the government issue M1911A1 pistol and approximately 950 feet per second from the M1A1 Thompson sub-machine gun."

nonethewisernonethewiserover 7 years ago
45ACP

Both Anonymous and Jezzaz are right, but Anonymous is a little more right. I am somewhat of a fireams buff, and I own a Glock 21. It's true that a Full Metal Jacketed 230 grain 45 fired from a 1911 would have velocity of about 830 FPS. But that would be an unusual load to use today, particularly with a high capacity polymor pistol like a Glock 21. Most people would probably load a Glock 21 with 180-1855 grain Jacketed Hollow Point ammo (Buffalo Bore or Hornandy or another brand) , and with those loads the velocity would be 1200 FPS or even higher. The lower weight load would especially be used in potential close quarter situations where over penetration (a 230 grain hardball could go right through a person or even many walls). Trust me, somebody hit by a 185 grain 45 round at 1200 FPS will be stopped.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Oh my goodness

Wow - literally shaking from the adrenalin on that one! Nasty stuff - I would have had real issues if you'd waited till the next chapter for the rescue...

jezzazjezzazover 7 years agoAuthor
Fine. FINE! :)

Fine then! Jesus! :)

To be clear, Anon, my editor, NoneTheWise _did_ actually mention this, saying the same as you, and I pushed back with the google link.

I note, NoneTheWiser, that you missed the 120 beats a second thing. So don't go polishing your nails on your jacket over this:) LOL

I'll fix in in the release for SOL and for the Ebook.

_mutter_ bloody gun nuts... :)

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Nice story well enjoyed

Like the james bond/mission impossible type stories, as do many others as exemplified by their box office gross. Doesnt approach the emotional resonance that makes a 5* but it is a 4*.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 7 years ago
@Jezazz

I was convinced before, and remain so, that the ballistics of Dan's Glock are not a critical story issue. But once the discussion started, I couldn't resist 😀.

As to the 120 beats per second, that's on me. You know that's the type of detail I hate to miss. My bad.

And for the record, I am not a gun nut. Just a generally nutty guy who knows a little about guns. I'm far worse when it comes to Wine or Scotch.

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
Big problem for me

Was the ending,I realize you were setting up the conclusion,the problem is it came out of left field, and made the ending feel weird.You would have been better not introducing count bofeld here, leave it with 'what's next?',then introduce the bad guys in the next stores as unknown evil.You also didn't really settle Rachel and lee's story,either,like does Rachel get back control of the company,do they take out the new owners,etc.if this is about the loving wife,she should be a focus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good story.

I hope the next part comes soon.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
A good read, but not the best about " Ingrams & Assoc"...

A good read, but not the best about " Ingrams & Assoc"...however a solid 3*

pe1erpe1erover 7 years ago
Very unsatisfactory ending

I fully agree with njlauren that the ending is very unsatisfactory, with the story of the main victims not being ended, and half a page that appears from nowhere about people who we cannot identify!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Enjoyable Series

Very entertaining, but you need better editing:

kosvo -> Kosovo

chupatz -> chutzpah

oxytocin -> oxycontin

etc.

Chidoc

jezzazjezzazover 7 years agoAuthor
The ending got messed up

The auto formatter on Lit screwed it up. There should be a bunch of blanks between the ending and the epilog. They got removed - they are there in the text submitted. I'll try and get Laural to go and fix this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Next time ...

Keep it out of LW .... perhaps Science fiction would be more appropriate.

On second thoughts ... Just bin it entirely and go back to writing material that is relevant and believeable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bah

I'm afraid I'm starting to lose interest in this series, so I guess it's a good thing it's ending. I'll probably tune in for the end just to see how he reveals Desirea is programmed and how she betrays Ingrams. I used to actually like April as a character and now find myself rather indifferent. Not sure if this was the authors goal or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Meh...

True it's a disappointing ending simple because it not an ending...it's a middle, and based on past work I have to admit I expected better. But I'll take if for what is was...a setup for a Big Bang ending next time. Or so I hope.

I thought I was the only one who assumed Desirea would turn out to be a "programmed" agent and expected her impact to be brought out in this story. So either I read too much into foreshadowing or maybe sometimes a red herring is just a fish. But if everything here was intended to set the stage for the next booklet, I'm disappointed to have to wait. Half stories never sit well with me.

Three stars and I'll still look forward to the real conclusion to this story.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
There's more

Excellent story progression and mysterious epilogue. So, some down rated because it didn't all wrap up nice and tidy for them? Can't please some people. And the complaints about category- yes, it is not about a faithful wife as a main character, but there certainly was a husband/wife team integral to the story. Nobody forces you to read a story you think should be filed elsewhere. This is high quality writing and the fact that people would rather point out misspellings and formatting errors is disappointing. Try story immersion, people. I need a good fantasy to read now, after that election I just sat through.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 6 years ago
Best chapter so far

Best chapter of the series so far.

I haven't been a huge fan of the series. I think it would have been far more interesting if April were married and had to balance what she did with protecting her relationship.

But I will keep reading.

Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
STOPPED READING

This series after the first story.

But was curious about it. Especially as Jezzaz hasn't written anything in a quite a while. So took a look at this last chapter.

Wow. Talk about change,lol.

If I remember right, Jessica's organization was an attempt to repair relationships. Hired to use psychological manipulation on one half of a relationship. By the guilty party.

Well now, here we are international crime fighting,😁😁😂. By a private company😆😆🤣.

Hilarious!! Sounds a bit like the Kingsman movie series.

This is very far away from LW.

But I am going to read the last set of Ingram chapters.

After all Jezzaz is a pretty good writer.

Thank you for the entertainment Jezzaz.

AMerryman

tangledweedtangledweedover 6 years ago
But what about Desirea

The hypno-toad referenced doing similar things to another Ingrid agent, Desirea, but that point wasn't raised again. If April really achieved total recall at the beginning of the climatic escape scene, then she would have brought Desirea up to someone. Even if she didn't remember, the similar circumstances in their two abductions should have raised a red flag.

It was never mentioned, though, despite Desirea popping up at the end. I can see this sleeper programming becoming a major plot point in the next installment, but not addressing it after introducing it seems strange. Unless, Ingram addressed Desirea's programming privately and were running a triple agent plan!

Got to say, the rape left me a little uncomfortable in this context and I hope that isn't going to be a recurring thing. I enjoy these stories for the adventure with a side of erotic, but rape/torture doesn't do anything for me. This was a very dark swing from Megan's romantic happy ending in the last installment. I do like it that jezzaz likes to shake things up, it shows he isn't just painting by the numbers.

Cheers, jazzaz. Hoping you bring us more of April!

Virgo6Virgo6about 5 years ago
Disappointed

That the climax of this story was not posted. April , and the rest of the Ingram's people make interesting characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Downfall

Virgo6 is correct we need more of these great characters. We want DOWNFALL . please, please ,pretty please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stupid

You don’t delete destroy data info. That’s intell that you can squeeze more information from. You also saturate your deep penetration agents with back ups. You also prepare trackers and surveillance against enemy personnel

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 3 years ago
Follow up question...

I just read your winning romance story “Ten Days at Sea”. Very well done. You have certainly come a long way over the years sharing your writing here with us. Thank you.

I was wondering if you ever completed Downfall? If so where can I find it? If not are you still intending to complete/release it?

Thank you again.

jezzazjezzazover 3 years agoAuthor

Downfall is coming. 65k words into it, have about another 10k to do. Finishing some Ingram’s shorts in the meantime that go into the ebook compendium versions of these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She gets what she deserves

Women like April deserve to be abused, tortured and raped. Using their sexuality to deceive people

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

An interesting finale coming up. Is Desirea going to be the double agent?

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Great story!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous