Ingrams & Assoc 6: Downfall Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She made a decision, and instantly relaxed. She looked into Morgan's eyes, and could see that he saw she'd made that decision. She could see his pride in her. At her doing the right thing. And that made it even more the right decision.

She took a long drink of the extremely smooth whiskey, - not her normal drink of choice, but in this case, it was fitting, - and started to talk.

She spent the next hour explaining everything. What Ingrams was, how it worked, what their mission was, how she was trained, and she went into detail on the first case, Paul Silverano. How she'd needed a submissive and found one on Craigslist, back when it still had a personals section.

She detailed the case, how she'd found a conclusion by getting both alphas in the relationship a sub to concentrate on, and where she'd found that sub. And she mentioned the note on her car at the end of the mission.

Then she jumped ahead years, and described her last case, where she'd come to close to calamity. How they'd deconstructed what had happened to Lee Hicks, what had happened to her, how she'd got out at the last possible moment before she was lost forever, and how she'd almost taken the wrong way out at the end.

She talked about how Ingrams had been approached to find Chris Morgan, and what she'd done to find him. She laid it all out in detail and with brutal honesty. She'd even got up a couple of times and, without asking, helped herself to Morgan's Johnny Walker Blue, knowing full well its cost. She figured it was a cheap price to pay for the information she was giving them.

When she was done, there were few questions. Everyone was just stunned at the sheer audacity of both Ingrams position in the world, and also what she'd been through. She saw new respect in all eyes on her, including Chris Morgan's, which had the crazy effect of both sending a shiver down her spine, making her heart beat a little faster, and making her warm and tingling all over.

But, she needed some answers of her own, and now was the time to get them.

"So. That's my story," she concluded her marathon story telling session. "But, there are questions I have for you guys. And since I've just turned over every stone in my life for you, I kinda feel like you owe me some answers?"

Beatrice glanced at Morgan, who met her eyes. He shifted a little. He was obviously uncomfortable.

"Ask," he said, simply.

"What's the end game here? To take them down? I mean, I get that. You've all detailed how they've taken from you. I understand that. But, you are internationally wanted. On the terrorist watch list in some countries. What happens to you once you take these people down? It's not like anyone is going to suddenly go 'Oh, no harm no foul' is it?"

Morgan smiled sardonically. "No, we've talked about that a bit. Right now though, it's just not something we've spent too much time talking about. I suspect I'll use some contacts and we'll get new identities and find somewhere to hide out. It's not something we've spent that much time worrying about, really. We have to get these guys first, and every time we strike, it gets harder. They are more prepared."

"Fair enough," replied April. The question had only been posed to lead into the next one anyway. She didn't expect a real answer to it.

"But, while I get that everyone here has had something taken, you are the leader here. You started this. What's your story? I imagine it was your wife who was taken, but you've been at this for a while. I don't buy that you are only on this crusade to take them down. You don't become the target of an international manhunt unless you've got a hell of a stake in it. This is a passion project. So, Chris, what gives? Because I think there's more to this for you. You gonna level with me? With us?"

She added the last statement, since she'd noticed that all eyes had turned to Morgan. She'd evidently tapped into something with the question. It was entirely possible that he hadn't been entirely truthful with his motivations, something April strongly suspected.

Morgan stared at her, - she could see the brain machinations going on behind his eyes. Eventually though, he blinked.

"Fine. You want to know? I guess you deserve to. Most of you know parts of the story, but probably not all of it. But, since April has been kind enough to bare her soul, I guess it's only right I reciprocate."

He got up, picked up the bottle to freshen his drink, and then glanced with mock annoyance at April when he realized the bottle was only a quarter full, and then sat down again, gathering his thoughts.

After a few seconds, he rested his chin on one hand, and started to talk, in a flat, unemotional tone.