Inlayed Romance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He grinned and bowed. "Why, thank you!"

I noticed Sharice had walked outside with Keith, and was digging in her purse as she walked. I watched her pull out a box of Newports. She was lighting it as she walked towards us. She finally got it lit and exhaled. Then she took a second drag and said, "Camden and Jen are coming out soon. He wanted to hear that last number."

"Okay, thanks Sharice." I smiled at her and she ignored me.

Okay, then.

I turned to Hunter and asked, "Where did you guys move from?"

"I grew up in Franklin with my folks. Mary did, too, but moved a couple years ago to St Louis. She had gotten an executive job with Anheuser-Busch doing something with marketing. She requested to come back here because they're building a new plant over in Spring Hill. That's the break up reason. He didn't want to move from Missouri because that's where he's from." Hunter shrugged a shoulder.

"Oh, I get it. At least you guys won't be too far from each other."

"Hey, over here!" Sharice's high pitched voice carried over as Camden and Jen came out of the club. I noticed they were holding hands.

I felt Hunter move closer to me and wondered what the hell was going on.

Camden dropped Jen's hand only to put his arm around her.

I didn't say anything. I felt more like an observer in a zoo watching animals do their thing. I was very confused.

"Oh my God, that was so much fun!" Jen squealed and jumped up and down. I wondered if her heavy makeup would leave a zigzag mark on Camden's shirt. I caught myself scowling at them, so I softened my face to what I hoped was a neutral look.

Sharice dug in her purse again and handed Jen a Newport and her Bic. I noticed it had a mushroom on the side with their "Flick Your Bic" slogan. Hunter stood with our arms touching. Keith hung back and wasn't paying much attention to anyone. I think he was high on something.

"What's going on?" I asked now that I found my voice. I wanted answers.

Jen laughed as she lit her menthol.

"Well, you know, we knew you liked Camden." Sharice was the one who spoke up. "He said you kept staring at him, but would never make a move unless..."

"Yeah," Jen piped up. "For fifty bucks! Pay up, bitch!"

Sharice grinned and handed Camden a fifty dollar bill. He took it and folded it in his jeans pocket.

"Yeah, well, I couldn't pass up easy money." Camden said. "Jen's my girl. You never would've had a chance."

My mouth fell open.

"You made a bet to see if I'd go out with you?" I practically shrieked at him. I was losing my temper.

I felt a warm arm go around me. "That was a rude and terrible thing, Cam." Hunter said. His voice was low and he was practically growling at him. "Why the fuck would you do such a thing?"

"Oh, c'mon man," Camden laughed. "It was only a joke. We wanted to see what the fat girl would do."

Keith said, "We just wanted to do a social experiment." I watched him take a joint from his pocket and light it with his zippo. "Me and Sharice bet Camden that you would say no to him if he asked you out. Camden said he bet he could talk you into coming out with him. He said you always acted stuck up."

I felt my hands get clammy and my body flushed with heat. I was humiliated, angry, and mortified. Despite Hunter being kind towards me, I was feeling really alone. "For fifty fucking dollars?" I asked Camden. "Really?"

He laughed and I couldn't take it anymore. I shrugged out of Hunter's embrace. I had my mace in my hand and he got a mouthful of it. Jen started screaming and her eyes were shut tight. Looks like she got some of the overspray, I thought with satisfaction. I looked at Sharice and Keith and sprayed them too because why the hell not? I saw Kyle then coming out of the front door. He had some brunette on his arm. I asked him, "Did you know about the bet?"

"What bet?" He looked at his group of friends and took an inhale of a smoke he had pinched in his fingers. "What the hell happened?"

I started to laugh hysterically. "They pissed off the wrong girl. I suggest you keep away from me."

I backed away and then started sprinting down the sidewalk.

"Hey! Wait up! Alicia!" I heard Hunter shouting behind me. "I didn't know!" I heard that last part faintly as my feet pounded the sidewalk towards the parking lot. Thank God I wear flats only. My shoes that night were actually slip-on tennis shoes, so I could be comfortable.

My flabby arms slapped against my sides and I felt my entire body vibrating with the effort of running. My breath was ragged and I had started crying somewhere between 2nd Street and Cullman Avenue. I slowed myself down as I spotted my car under the lone parking light and I unlocked the doors. I threw myself into the driver's seat, started it, then left. Tears streamed down my face blurring my vision.

As I flew down the street, I saw Hunter running in the direction of the lot. He didn't know what kind of car I drove, so he never stopped when I drove by.

I was almost home when I realized that I still wore his Slayer jacket. After I parked out front of my house, I shrugged his jacket off. I wanted to throw it away, but I couldn't. He acted like he didn't know there was a bet and he was nice to me. My gut told me that he was genuine. I held onto the jacket and gave it a place in my closet where I eventually forgot about it.

Chapter 3

Alicia

Fast forward 13 years. It was two weeks shy of my 36th birthday. Lydia had been bugging me about going to dinner and celebrating it with my family since we were all close.

I relived that night with Camden laughing at me and those other skinny bitches, and I grew angry all over again. My only regret was Hunter. I never got his number and I hadn't run into him since that night. I knew where his sister worked, but I wasn't confident enough to contact her. I let sleeping dogs lie when it came to Hunter.

I ignored Camden and he pretended I didn't exist either, so I managed to make it to the end of the semester. I graduated with my double degree and moved 40 miles to Nashville. I was given a job at Mikkelson Firm doing the same thing I had while interning. I loved the challenge of constantly securing data and then tracking down hackers.

I found out through the grapevine that Kevin belonged to a group of guys who did bets on asking women out at the office. They only went after the undesirables, like me. The ugly ones, the fat ones, and the unfortunate ones who ended up on their radar for whatever reasons. There was no money exchanged. It was only to see who would actually show up for these "dates". Human Resources had been trying to shut it down for years since it was considered abuse, but the women would never file an official report. I can't blame them. It is a humiliating thing to admit to anyone else. Lucky for Human Resources, I filed a report the following Monday.

Kevin cornered me in the parking garage after I made my report. He had gotten fired and was quite bitter about it.

"Stand right there and don't come any closer." I said as I reached into my purse. I grabbed my mace and I envisioned shooting the entire canister into his face like I had done to Camden all those years ago. I was older, wiser, and took less shit now.

"You're a fat, ugly bitch," Kevin spat at me.

I brought my mace up with my finger on the trigger. "If you don't leave, I will shoot you in the face."

He seemed to remember all the cameras that are posted in the parking ramp and left me alone. He did throw some of the basic slurs my way that involved my looks. I waited until he left before relaxing and getting into my car.

I rubbed my eyes and then backed out. I was going to Lydia's apartment for a small get together. She said she wanted me to meet someone and it would be fun. I hadn't told her about Kevin and the bet yet. She was still ticked off about Camden from all those years ago, so I wasn't sure if I'd tell her about it. Lydia was the type of friend who would help you kill and hide the body of your enemies then take you out for drinks to celebrate.

Lydia Lynch, yes, we both thought her name was hilarious because of the singer called Lydia Lunch, had been my friend since she moved onto my street when we were 14. She wasn't fat like me, but she wasn't skinny either. She had a gap between her front teeth and pin straight hair she wore in a long bob with bangs. She's the only woman I've ever known who has kept the same cut and color since childhood. It suited her and she knew it.

I loved Lydia like a sister. We were inseparable during high school. We went to separate colleges, but managed to stay good friends despite the distance. Now we both lived and worked in Nashville. She was an executive assistant for the CEO of a company that created playground equipment from recycled objects. Lydia never had much ambition and pretty much sailed through life, but she threw herself into her job. She enjoyed being in charge of making sure things ran smoothly for the CEO. It gave her a lot of freedom at times and a healthy paycheck.

She had been dating the same man since senior year in college who owned his own furniture reupholstering business. Dan was very good at what he did and had recently been featured in House Beautiful. They had lived together since he proposed last year and the wedding was scheduled for next winter.

I parked in the ramp for Lydia's apartment and walked to the elevator. I took the stairs instead to get some exercise down to the ground floor. They lived in a garden apartment located close to the ramp. I loved how convenient it was compared to how my apartment was.

The hallway was quiet and deserted. I saw the bright welcome mat and sunflower wreath on their door. I knocked and the door opened right away. "Were you waiting for me?" I asked with a grin as I walked in and hugged Lydia.

"I'm psychic." She pushed a glass of wine in my hand and walked into the kitchen. "Go inside and sit, Alicia."

As usual, Lydia looked casual yet classy. She was one of those Martha Stewart women who wore khakis and blouses well. I don't know how she never managed to wrinkle her clothes.

I sipped my wine. I wasn't a connoisseur of wines, but I enjoyed the sweeter ones like Moscato and Riesling. This was delicious and it felt good to unwind. I heard some low voices talking in their living room. I remembered she mentioned introducing me to someone. I trusted Lydia, so I know she wouldn't steer me wrong. I wasn't completely cynical yet either, so I told myself to keep an open mind. The kitchen had a partition which blocked most of the living room from the front door, so as I rounded the corner I stopped dead in my tracks.

It couldn't be. No fucking way! My jaw was on the ground and I kept staring at the bearded man whose large hand engulfed his beer bottle.

He looked at me as I entered the room and also had a stunned look on his face. We kept staring at each other. Dan was sitting in his recliner and cleared his throat before saying, "Uh, Alicia, this is Hunter Hensley."

"Yeah, we know each other." That voice I never forgot from all those years ago reverberated down my spine. I felt the easygoing conversation we had and the warmth from his arm around me. I also felt my core begin to heat from instant lust.

Dan cleared his throat again. "Okay, well, this is Janna and Dave Owens."

I kept staring at Hunter as I mumbled, "Pleased to meet you."

I heard Janna say with a smile, "Hello, Alicia. We've heard a lot about you and I'm happy we are finally able to meet you."

"Yes, finally." Dave said.

I tore my eyes from Hunter and apologized. "I'm sorry for being rude. It's just that I haven't seen Hunter in years and I'm quite surprised. More than surprised, really."

"It's been thirteen years," Hunter spoke up. I looked at him again and found he was still staring at me. He was smiling softly and he seemed to light up from within.

I swapped my wine glass to my left hand and walked over to Janna and Dave sitting on the couch. I held my right hand out. Dave reached up automatically and shook my hand. Janna stood up and gave me a slight hug. "I'm the hugger of the bunch." She smiled again.

I really liked her.

She sat back down and I dropped my purse to the side of the couch before settling into the extra chair Lydia had set out. Hunter was seated on their loveseat, but I didn't want to sit that close to him. Not yet.

Dan cleared his throat again. "Okay, Dan. I get it." I laughed at him. "Sorry. How are you doin'?"

"I'm doing quite well. Now that you're all here I can make my announcement."

Lydia walked in and sat on Dan's lap.

We all looked at Lydia and Dan. She was grinning at us all as her fingers traced light patterns on Dan's neck and shoulder.

"Alicia, to further introduce you, Janna works as a design consultant and Dave works in imports and exports."

I nodded and sipped my wine. I was still watching Hunter out of the corner of my eye.

Dan continued. "Hunter is my first employee." He smiled. "And the furniture will not just be reupholstered, I'll be making it, too. That's where Janna and Dave come in."

"You're going to become a furniture designer?" I asked Dan. I started to laugh as I said, "Damn, that's great news!" I held my glass up and said, "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone responded as they all drank from their glasses. I noticed Hunter was drinking a Warsteiner Lager. Good choice, I thought to myself.

"So, how did this all happen? The designing and hiring of your first employee?" I looked at Hunter and realized he wasn't wearing glasses. Maybe he had switched to contacts, I thought. Either way, he was a handsome man. He looked bigger too, more muscular and solid.

Chapter 4

Hunter

I felt my balls tighten at the same time my heart leapt into my throat. I couldn't believe who had just walked back into my life. I swallowed a too large mouthful of beer and nearly sputtered it down the front of me.

It had been thirteen-fucking-years since I've laid eyes on Alicia whose last name I never learned. As my eyes locked onto her waterfall blue eyes I felt something uncurling inside me. She was still a big girl. A very big girl and I felt my pulse quicken. No one did it for me like big girls who I knew were always juicy. Kind hearted, too. Usually the bigger women were much more nice and kind than their skinnier counterparts because they rarely fell back on their looks. I had a helluva feeling that Alicia's personality would be amazing judging on my last interaction with her. I chuckled softly to myself thinking of the mace.

I still wondered about my Slayer jacket and if she kept it. Not as a memento of that horrible night, but as a memory of me or at least since they're a damn good band.

The night Camden and his jerk off friends humiliated her was a turning point for me. I was acquaintances with Camden and Jen after meeting them at the restaurant where we all worked. I had just been hired as a line cook and was grateful to make some friends. Little did I know what immature fucks they were.

I pushed the memory of that night from my mind as I drank in Alicia. She wore her dark hair down and it was long enough to cover her full breasts. It was nice and thick. I bet it would feel soft against my palms as I ran my hands through it, or tickling my chest as she rode me. Her lips were painted a dark red and she had full lips.

I felt heat rush straight to my dick as I imagined her lips all over me.

Vaguely, I heard Dan, my new employer and a man becoming my good friend, speaking. After taking in her Gothic business casual outfit I finally looked at Dan. I knew I had a slight smile on my face because, after all the shit I'd been through, the universe was finally giving me something good back.

Alicia sat down and smoothed her free hand over her hair and down her pants. She looked nervous, but was good at keeping her cool. I took a swig of my beer.

Dan completed filling Alicia in on his news.

"You're the new It Man?" Alicia asked excitedly. "Seriously, I'm so happy for you Dan!"

She stood up and gave him a one armed hug and then hugged Lydia. "This is fantastic for you both." She took a sip of her wine and I nearly moaned. I don't know what it was about Alicia, but it has been chemical since the beginning. I had to have her now that I've run into her again.

Dan grinned. "I cannot tell you how awesome the designs are that Janna has been creating. And Hunter," Dan gestured to me, "has been instrumental in helping me create these designs. He does hand carved wood inlays like they did before anyone had more than a chisel."

I smiled. "I'm just good with my hands."

"Bullshit!" Dan exclaimed. "This man is like a prodigy with wood. A goddamn genius! He can look at a bunch of raw pieces of wood and piece them together with laser precision using primitive tools. I'm really in awe of your talent, man." Dan took a drink of his cocktail.

I held my bottle up and said, "Cheers, man, really."

Everyone raised their glasses and drank. I watched Lydia lean in and kiss Dan on the mouth and wondered what that would be like with Alicia. It had been years since I felt the touch of a woman.

I noticed Alicia looking at me with a smile on her face. I wondered if she liked what she saw. I've filled out a lot since she last saw me as I'm now an amateur strongman.

With Dan taking a chance in me, I felt like my life was taking a huge turn for the better since I was released from prison. He knew the score and still felt compelled to take me on and invite me to his home. That said a lot for his character and it made me happy that Alicia was friends with such good people.

"Hunter did a peacock design with something like twenty pieces of wood. It looked amazing and it was such a small design that it really blew me away." Janna was gesturing with both hands as she spoke. "The peacock was only three inches!"

Alicia looked at me and said, "That's really intricate work for being done by hand. You are very talented." She smiled and I beamed at her. "I can't wait to see your creations," she added with a coy smile.

"Do you need a refill, Alicia?" I asked her as I began to stand up.

She looked at her glass and said, "Sure. I'll come with you."

I followed her into the kitchen and threw my bottle into the trash before opening the fridge. "Uh, what kind are you drinking?"

She smiled and said, "Moscato." She leaned her big round bottom against the countertop and watched as I pulled out the bottle and uncorked it. I began pouring and I'm glad she told me when to stop because I wasn't paying any attention. My proximity to her was making me stupid. I couldn't focus.

"Hunter Hensley, huh?" She asked as she brought the wine glass to her lips.

"Yes, ma'am." I put the wine bottle back in the fridge and picked up another Warsteiner. I twisted the top and took a swig. I watched her as she watched me.

"Why were you there? That night, I mean."

I set my bottle down on the counter. I knew she was asking about the night we first met. "I was an acquaintance of Camden's. We worked together."

"Ah. He invited you along for the ride." She said it as a statement.

I answered, "Yes. I can't tell you how pissed off I was. I quit the next day and haven't seen any of them since. I never could find you again, though."

"Sometimes I'm good at not being found when I want to disappear." Alicia adjusted herself against the counter and our arms brushed. Thank God it was a small kitchen. I loved the thrill that shot through me straight to my dick when we touched.

"Tell me your story," I said. I could smell her perfume or lotion. It was a nice vanilla that smelled earthy as opposed to sugary.

She smiled at her wine glass. "Not much to tell. I graduated and moved here. I adopted a cat. Well, the cat adopted me." She looked up at me. "I was never one for cats, but this little guy showed up on my patio and that was that."