Innocent Devil’s Harem Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dammit! I was cutting it way too close! My housemate was right there, and I was actively transforming!

I pulled the blanket more tightly against my head. I knew she probably wanted to ask about my odd behavior, feeling like her deep brown eyes were watching me carefully, but she finally sighed and then wished me goodnight.

I then heard two sets of footsteps walk up the stairs and found myself unable to ignore them any longer. Serenity took Gabriella to her bedroom and let her pick out a set of pajamas to wear -- I realized they must not have stopped by Gabriella's apartment, instead coming straight here after being questioned by the police.

I wondered what Serenity's boss thought when they found out she had been the first one at the scene. Granted, who could blame her? Still, I wouldn't be surprised if she got reprimanded for it, which was likely a small price to pay in Serenity's eyes.

She'd lose her job entirely if it meant saving someone she cared about.

Gabriella picked out a set of pajamas and then was led to the bathroom, so she could take a shower. Serenity warned her about the hot water, to which Gabriella offered to let her friend shower instead. But Serenity politely declined, lying by saying that she normally took showers in the morning anyway. Gabriella thanked her, closed the door, and then quickly undressed while the water warmed up.

I tried to focus on the music again, attempting to pick out all the subtle differences in the beat, only to sit up abruptly when I realized Gabriella was crying. I pulled out my earbuds entirely to listen to her carefully over the sound of the running water. She was sobbing quietly, although she didn't seem to be out of control like she had been in the woods. I wondered if the warm water was just helping her relieve some of her stress...

I hoped it wasn't because of me. Had I been too rude after all?

Carefully homing in on her scent, I sifted through the smell of bacon, potatoes, wood, carpet, paint, cotton, water, shampoo...happy. She was happy, or least significantly relaxed. Similar to fear, I'd looked it up once, wanting to understand why people had a certain scent when they were happy. It was most likely due to a hormone called oxytocin, as well as another few creating the right combination. The higher the level, the stronger the scent, and it was exceptionally strong from her right now. I realized she was likely getting a rush of it in her blood, now that she was safe behind a locked door away from anything dangerous.

Deciding I couldn't resist listening anymore, I pulled the blanket over the top of my head to hide my re-whitening hair and remained sitting up on the couch. I then pulled my knees up to my chest, resting my chin on them, and wrapped the blanket around so that only my face and bare toes were showing.

I'd been right about the hot water. After a few minutes, I could smell that the moisture in the air had cooled slightly -- oddly enough, water smelt a little different depending on the temperature -- and then I could hear Gabriella pick up the pace. Barely a minute later, and she turned the water off and got out, quickly drying off. I then heard her stand still for a few minutes, and began wondering what she was doing.

Thinking about it from her point of view, I suspected she might be examining her bruised body in the mirror.

I heard her make a few odd noises, sounding pained, and wondered if she was touching her darkening skin to see how sensitive it was in various spots. She then began getting dressed, and I was unexpectedly shocked by the sound the fabric made as it slid over her skin.

Suddenly, I was very concerned about what she had picked out from my housemate's selection. Most of Serenity's pajamas were made of cotton or something else soft -- she liked to be comfortable. And since she hadn't ever really gotten serious with anyone, I knew she didn't have anything to impress a boyfriend...especially since I'd snooped plenty of times.

Yet, I was confident Gabriella was putting on something made of silk or satin. Had it been pajamas that Serenity only bought recently? And if so, why? I couldn't imagine that she'd had them for a while.

Either way, the skin down my neck and spine had already turned dark gray, and I felt myself blushing as I listened to Gabriella make her way to my room above me -- the unmistakable soft swishing sound accompanying her every move. I was so conflicted again, partially because I wanted to see Serenity in those pajamas.

Dammit, when did she get them?

I sighed heavily as Gabriella began readjusting the blankets and pillows on my bed. I was glad at least the shower part was over. I kind of felt like a creep listening in on her, but it was extremely difficult to help it when my senses were so sensitive. I would have to go out of my way to avoid it, and even then it could be difficult.

Trying not to think again about her being wrapped up in my blankets, in my bed, clothed in silky pajamas, I focused on the other noises outside of the house, listening to an owl far off in the distance. Slowly my graying skin turned back to normal.

However, just as my hair was beginning to return to its normal color, I noticed footsteps at the top of the stairs. They hesitated, before quietly making their way down, step-by-step, the unmistakable swooshing accompanying them.

I wondered if Gabriella was still hungry, coming down to raid the kitchen, although that thought didn't stop my hair from shifting back to snow white. I rested my forehead on my knees to hide my flushed face as I listened to the footsteps reach the last step.

She hesitated again, and I listened carefully to see what direction she went.

Her heart was racing.

-

I update my Bio on Literotica frequently to reflect my Release Schedule and what chapters are pending review.

Submitted: August 13, 2020 to Literotica (Copyright Kaizer Wolf)

Edited: August 11, 2021