Internal Combustion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aprguy
aprguy
244 Followers

"And finally, the ultimate. "Hitting for the Cycle." In baseball terms it means getting a single, double, triple and home run all in the same game. Hey, "Old Buddy", why don't you handle this one with your fiancé? No? Cat got your tongue? Ok, allow me. That's girlfriend, her daughter, her mother and her sister. Now, in fairness, to my knowledge he's only accomplished that one once. Yep, managed to wreck three families in one fell swoop. I got to hand it to you buddy, you are a master homewrecker!"

"Oh, and Peggy? Don't worry, Darren knows all about Dickwad's penchant for going after his women's sisters. He was, how would I put it; less than impressed. Let's just say I wouldn't count on the annual family trip to the Jersey Shore with Leann and him and kids happening this year."

"One last thing. I suspect you don't believe me. And I suspect that old Dickwad here is going to deny it and try to spin it so he doesn't look like the bad guy." I held up my phone, "If you want proof, just ask, it's all in here!"

I looked at the two of them. That smug, smarmy patronizing attitude that they came at me with was totally gone. If this was a prize fight, it was the point in the latter rounds when I'd landed so many body blows their hands were down, they'd spit the mouth guard and they were ready for me to finish them off with one more punch. But I knew there was no need for that. They would do it to themselves. I'd had enough of the two of them. I just wanted out.

I looked over at Dickwad. "I'm done here. Once I pass through the front door, consider me dead. Because you will be dead to me. If you see me at the soccer pitch - stand at the other end. If you see me at the school concert, sit on the other side of the auditorium. Unless one of my kids in real danger, NEVER contact me again. Do I make myself clear?" He didn't even have the courage to look at me.

I looked at the Cheating Whore. "For you, I have an apology. I'm sorry I didn't protect you better from this fucking predator. I know you think you're happy, but I will 100% guarantee he will break your heart if you don't break his first. I loved you with all my heart at one time and will state unequivocally that you were a good mother until he led you astray. I let him into our sanctuary and for that I will forever be ashamed. You are a big girl - you will recover. But he will make you a less effective mother - he already has. When you come to that realization just know that I will have been doing everything I can to minimize the damage. You've absolutely gutted me. I have put aside any personal happiness for the next seven years until our kids are both old enough to fend for themselves. It is my penance for losing the plot. I loved you for 17 years....for the last three months I hated you. Now? I feel less than nothing. I acknowledge you as the mother of my children but that is it. I'm forced to deal with you because of our children, but that is the only interaction you and I will have. Goodbye."

I turned and walked into the living room and suddenly realized the court-appointed supervisor was still there. He was sitting there with a totally incredulous look on his face. I had totally forgotten about him.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry! I have totally wasted your time and put you in the middle of something I'm sure you didn't want to witness. I'm done here, I have everything that matters to me, I should have just let you go earlier. I truly apologize. Can I give you some money for your time and trouble?"

We were walking out the door and he looked totally shell-shocked. He just looked at me and said, "Sir, this isn't my first rodeo. I've done a number of these and they are generally pretty unpleasant. But I've gotta say, that was the most epic beatdown I have ever witnessed. That was next level - mad, mad respect to you. You owe me nothing. Good luck moving forward."

And with that he shook my hand, hopped into his vehicle and was gone.

I hopped into my truck, the few things I really wanted safely stowed in the box and headed down the road to my new life, dignity fully intact.

Ten years later

Peggy and I were twirling around the dance floor at Emma's wedding. "My god, she's beautiful," I enthused. "Yes," Peggy replied, "she seems to have inherited all the best of features of both of us, and managed to avoid the bad stuff."

"So, how are things going with Greg? He seems like a decent guy. Where did you guys meet again? Work, was it?"

"Yes, we did meet at work, but you don't have to pretend to care. I know I made my own bed. As you predicted, Barry was as you had advertised and to my shame, so was I. I traded in a Cadillac for a shiny new sports car that did nothing but break down and cost me everything."

"For what it's worth, we weren't his first victims and we weren't his last. He still has a little contact with a couple of the guys from the unit and to my understanding he's still up to his old tricks leaving havoc in his wake. A leopard can't change his spots, I guess."

"I know, but I can't believe I lost sight of what was most important. And thank you for not rubbing my nose in it after he and I split, or even after Bill or Ethan. I know you could easily have done that. I know you think that I haven't changed either and my history with men sure wouldn't lead you to think otherwise, but I like to think in my heart of hearts that I'm simply looking for you and if I don't find it, I move on. I know now what I had and I'll go to my grave regretting losing sight of that."

I smiled at her, "Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, I am all but impossible to replace!"

She laughed and slapped my arm. "Humility was never your strong suit!"

I nodded, "In all seriousness, I hope now that the kids are well on their way, you can find happiness again. You did a great job with them. I know I had my doubts but you proved me wrong and I will be forever thankful. Even Laurie is impressed and coming from a broken family like she did, she really related to them."

Peggy smiled, "You know, I tried really, really hard to hate Laurie, but come on, how can anyone? She's terrific, she makes you happy and the kids love her. Thank you for choosing someone like that."

As the song ended, I looked across the floor to see the love of my life smiling at me and I knew I had to be with her, like right now.

"Thanks for the dance Peggy, I wish you happiness. But I need to get back to my wife."

aprguy
aprguy
244 Followers